CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

*ColdDiva*

+19
blondie
Pinkrage
BlondeByDesire
adiaha
tressedforsuccess
Lynnieluve
sweetdrk1
SheeTacular
CocaColaCutie
d.denise
Intelligentbeauty
dajewel
Lanamarie
A85
curly+kinky+fierce
ChrsLvsBks
nmoultry
Serenity23
ColdDiva
23 posters

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

*ColdDiva* - Page 11 Empty Re: *ColdDiva*

Post by ColdDiva 2nd April 2010, 8:05 am

Good Morning Curlies!

Headin out soon pin curled the hair last night....a couple had that angled bend in the curls...I don't know what I do right to make the others come out right and the ones on the side to have that bend in it...Ah well...I am going to a wedding this weekend so we'll see if my hair doesn't sweat out in the heat and the dancing I plan to do!

See you guys on monday
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 2nd April 2010, 9:48 am

ColdDiva wrote:Good Morning Curlies!

Headin out soon pin curled the hair last night....a couple had that angled bend in the curls...I don't know what I do right to make the others come out right and the ones on the side to have that bend in it...Ah well...I am going to a wedding this weekend so we'll see if my hair doesn't sweat out in the heat and the dancing I plan to do!

See you guys on monday

Ahhh, have fun. Did you take any pics of the pin curls?
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by ColdDiva 5th April 2010, 10:43 pm

I am currently eating a Subway footlong so hopefully that will give you an accurate barometer of how my raw food cleanse is doing....I am like sooooo over it!....I am bored to tears over the food choices. I am going to get back on the plan tomorrow and finish strong today is Day 15 after all...WTV!

Went to the wedding this weekend and had a ball!!! I looked really outstanding in the dress I bought and the hair did frizz at the roots but other than that it maintained its style. I am ready to wash it and wear it curly for the next weekend. Its the World Natural Convention in Atlanta and I am so looking forward to it!...Anybody else going?
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinkrage 5th April 2010, 10:55 pm

Hey Chica,

I really want to go BUT my hubby just put his foot down. I have a race on Saturday morning and we leave for vacation next Wed.. I would hate to travel to ATL for only one day.
Pinkrage
Pinkrage

http://www.fotki.com/pinkrage

Back to top Go down

Post by ColdDiva 5th April 2010, 11:00 pm

Pinkrage wrote:Hey Chica,

I really want to go BUT my hubby just put his foot down. I have a race on Saturday morning and we leave for vacation next Wed.. I would hate to travel to ATL for only one day.

Awww Dag that would have been fun for you to come down....How are you...are your braces off yet?
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinkrage 6th April 2010, 1:19 pm

I am doing well. My braces are not off yet. I have one more appointment before they are removed. My space has closed up already. I feel GREAT!
Pinkrage
Pinkrage

http://www.fotki.com/pinkrage

Back to top Go down

Post by ColdDiva 6th April 2010, 3:00 pm

Pinkrage wrote:I am doing well. My braces are not off yet. I have one more appointment before they are removed. My space has closed up already. I feel GREAT!

That is great news!...I am really used to mine...well it is pretty is to get easy when you only have 4 brackets on!
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by ColdDiva 6th April 2010, 3:04 pm

Ok I am in Tampa Fl...and it is GORGEOUS Out!...I just left a little mall and I walked in the first thing I saw was a place for all sorts of hair care products...I tried my best to stay away but it was really noo point. I was prayin that they didn't have the DevaCare One because I really wanted to try it but never able to find it!...So of course as I walked around and got to the last aisle what of course did I find...sigh..the DevaCare One!...I bought it of course. Anxious to try it for the first time...probably use it this weekend for the Atlanta World Natrual hair convention.

Anybody try the DevaCare One and liked it...lemme know if you have didn't like it in the next 2 hours so I can take it back!
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 6th April 2010, 3:08 pm

I haven't but there is nothing like a good BSS!! Enjoy Tampa!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by ColdDiva 7th April 2010, 5:30 pm

I still don't understand why the very front of my crown will not cooperate. It looks fried if its straight or if its curly. Anyone have a suggestion for a pomeade. Its about to be blazin out in next few weeks and I want my hair to be smooth in the front!
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 8th April 2010, 2:21 am

ColdDiva wrote:I still don't understand why the very front of my crown will not cooperate. It looks fried if its straight or if its curly. Anyone have a suggestion for a pomeade. Its about to be blazin out in next few weeks and I want my hair to be smooth in the front!

Have you tried pure aloe vera gel when it's curly. It is very moisturizing. Maybe that portion of your hair needs extra TLC then the rest. scratch
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by ColdDiva 8th April 2010, 11:06 am

Intelligentbeauty wrote:
ColdDiva wrote:I still don't understand why the very front of my crown will not cooperate. It looks fried if its straight or if its curly. Anyone have a suggestion for a pomeade. Its about to be blazin out in next few weeks and I want my hair to be smooth in the front!

Have you tried pure aloe vera gel when it's curly. It is very moisturizing. Maybe that portion of your hair needs extra TLC then the rest. scratch

No I haven't tried that yet!...Pure aloe vera gel...I guess I could get that at Trader Joes? Any particular brand? I definitely give it a try thank you for your suggestion Beauty!
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by ColdDiva 8th April 2010, 11:16 am

Gonna wash the hair tomorrow or maybe today with the DevaCare One....thinkin bout re-reviewing Nikki's picture-vid on hair routine. My hair is still straight from the gurl I tried last week and to me it would be an odd to have straight hair around all those curly beauties...actually I'm getting kinda excited I pray I learn some info to help me and you guys as well!
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 8th April 2010, 1:20 pm

Have fun at the convention! I am mad i missed the one they had in L.A. in February but i am still a newbie to the natural way of styling my hair. Hopefully they will do it again next year. I had no clue they existed *ColdDiva* - Page 11 Confused I am glad i found forums like this one that has so much info on it.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by ColdDiva 9th April 2010, 10:25 am

Awww don't worry I am pretty sure that they will have a this an annual event. They did have one in 2009. I'll try my best to take notes and report back on Monday what I have learned!

npmoore04 wrote:Have fun at the convention! I am mad i missed the one they had in L.A. in February but i am still a newbie to the natural way of styling my hair. Hopefully they will do it again next year. I had no clue they existed *ColdDiva* - Page 11 Confused I am glad i found forums like this one that has so much info on it.
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by ColdDiva 9th April 2010, 10:38 am

Last night I had sooo much lust in my heart eyes and spirit so much in fact that if I were a man my wife would be ready to draw up some divorce papers!

I was channel surfin on YouTube and I saw a woman that has gorgeous hair! I am surprised that I am just now finding her. I am IN Love I can't help it. Not one strand of her hair is like mine so my hair lust is all in vain I cannot achieve what her hair looks like. But it did give me inspiration and get off my a$$ and discover what my hair can do and look like.

So I drenched my hair with Ojon Restorative treatment then my Oz Oil then drenched it in Cantu Shea butter and then when ran out I used my Trader Joes tea tree conditioner. I sealed it up and then put a plastic bag and then went to bed. I then woke up this morning and washed my hair with my Design Essentials moisturizing shampoo and then used the totally twisted and then (phew!) used the relaxed and natural hair mask...which is sittin in my hair as we speak. Gettin ready to wash it out and then do my two strand twist.

Hopefully it will turn out the way I hope...I never know with my two strand twist.

If you guys want to check her out her channel name is Taren916. Here is a link to a clever idea on how to overnight your hair and keeping your curls. Something I have never been able to do. I have one day 2 day tops hair. But this worked for her and I think it might work for me. Enjoy the vid and I hope you don't catch the lust bug like I did last night!

https://www.youtube.com/user/taren916#p/u/1/BdQ_czi5ZWY
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by ColdDiva 12th April 2010, 12:43 pm

I had a BLAST this weekend at the World Natural Hair Expo!...There were so many vendors there and so much information it was honestly a bit overwhelming but I will give you my opinion of the vendors that I stopped to chat and learn.

Lets Start with Uncle Funky's Daughter. I had never heard of this line until just last Thursday when a rental agent who is a fellow natural told me about this line. Well when I was at the convention, one of the busiest lines by far was Uncle Funky's Daughter...women were swarmed around like it was free crack! I really thought when I went over there I was going to get a free product...but they were selling at regular price. The price points were kinda high. I explained that my curl pattern can be difficult to shape and they suggested the Richee Rich Conditioner, the Good Hair Conditioner and the Curly Magic...It was no way in hell I was gonna have my pockets robbed by a product I had just heard about and hadn't had a chance to research and get reviews. So I purchased the Curly Magic. I used it this morning and my curls I have to say loves them. It shaped them pretty well and didn't leave them jeri curl crunchy. So a thumbs up!

Miss Jessies area was like a party! They had this D.J. over there rockin and they were doing consultations on the stage FREE!!...I volunteered even though I was lovin the way my twist out was lookin I wanted to learn about the product since I didn't like any results that I had with the Buttercreme. I was lucky enough to get Miko the co-owner and she is beautiful!...as was Titi...there hair was RIDIC!!!!! I felt like bowing to her hair like she was a hair goddess.

She asked if I just wanted to demo the back...I said thats fine but my problem area is the crown...it won't friggin curl! So she told me to go to the restroom and just soak my hair and come back. When she saw my hair she gave me the best compliments...She said she loved my curls and that they were gorgeous!....Teeeheeeheee...I felt like a teenager getting a compliment from her favorite crush! She said that you definitely still have some leftover relaxed ends..I said you got some scissors? She said I sure do...Well I said chop away I ain't scared! So she chopped away the rest of my relaxed ends and but the Curly Pudding thru.

*Now here are some tips for you guys Miko instructed with the Curly pudding...the coiler or tighter the coil of the hair the more the product you place on. And get that rat tail comb out, comb out the roots and make sure the product is applied from root to tip. Now the looser or waver the hair don't expect the curly pudding to make it curlier too...it does the opposite it makes it straighter...use less of the product. I hope this helps*

Now lastly I tried Talijah Wasjid hair line products she was one of the big sponsers at the hair show. I didn't purchase her products but her stand was quite busy. My girlfriend in tow had just purchased her products recently and liked the results. The morning after the show with the Miss Jessies Curly pudding in my hair I put some of the Protective Humidifier daily protective spray...which is like a loose consistency conditioner. When I put it in it softened up the curls and took that crunchyness out. I got a lot of compliments on my hair that day (yesterday).

If you guys got any questions shoot them over. I still want to try Mixed Chicks and I wish that they were one of the vendors but they weren't a few of my girlfriends said it would give me those soft defined non-crunchy curls that I like so much.

Here are some pics from the show and the day after.
*ColdDiva* - Page 11 Dsc03610

Me and My Girlfriend (my hair styled in a twist out)
*ColdDiva* - Page 11 Dsc03611

Me and Miko (post cut and with Miss Jessies Curly Pudding)
*ColdDiva* - Page 11 Dsc03612

Day after the show with Talijah Waajid Hair Humidifier in it (my other girlfriends handsome son!)
*ColdDiva* - Page 11 Dsc03613
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 13th April 2010, 5:54 pm

Sound like u had a good time. Your hair looks great!!
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ColdDiva 13th April 2010, 5:57 pm

SheeTacular_Napps wrote:Sound like u had a good time. Your hair looks great!!

I had an Awesome time but it definitely brought out the product junkie in me! something that I never thought existed for me!
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by ColdDiva 13th April 2010, 5:59 pm

I am still playing around in products. I bought some flexi rods and daily humidfier conditioner form Talijah Maajid. I plan on washing my hair tomorrow and then using the flexi rods...I want to get my hands on some Mixed Chicks....Whats the review ladies love it or hate it with the Mixed Chicks?!!
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 13th April 2010, 8:43 pm

How cool was that?!!!! So Miko did your big chop?

Love the new avatar too!!

I have to catch the show next year!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by ColdDiva 13th April 2010, 9:06 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:How cool was that?!!!! So Miko did your big chop?

Love the new avatar too!!

I have to catch the show next year!

Thanks Lynnie!...I had chopped most of my hair back in Sept 09...Miko chopped off those last 3 inches or so that I had on the crown of my hair. The show was fun...I would love to do it again next year!
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by ColdDiva 14th April 2010, 10:54 pm

...My loving Godfather said...Now I like your hair like that...(my newly revealed curly fro)...and all was right with my soul!
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 15th April 2010, 1:03 am

awwwww so sweet
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 15th April 2010, 1:31 am