CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

*ColdDiva*

+19
blondie
Pinkrage
BlondeByDesire
adiaha
tressedforsuccess
Lynnieluve
sweetdrk1
SheeTacular
CocaColaCutie
d.denise
Intelligentbeauty
dajewel
Lanamarie
A85
curly+kinky+fierce
ChrsLvsBks
nmoultry
Serenity23
ColdDiva
23 posters

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

*ColdDiva* - Page 2 Empty Re: *ColdDiva*

Post by dajewel 20th November 2009, 4:57 pm

see, i agree with A85: this is a very good first try and braid as close to the root as possible!! i can even see your natural texture, and its very pretty!! i agree with chrslvsbks: place hair in two rows. I do that ALL of the time because it makes it easier for me to manage my hair.
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by ColdDiva 20th November 2009, 8:18 pm

@ChrsLvs...lol Now how bout that!...I didn't even know I was doing something different. I know that the front of my hair is a different texture than the rest so I thought I should make the front part is separated to make sure it has a curl definition. And it makes it easier for a newbie two strand flat twist. I am actually pretty proud of my first effort and will be trying this again. I can only do it better!
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

*ColdDiva* - Page 2 Empty Day15

Post by ColdDiva 20th November 2009, 8:26 pm

Good Evening fellow Beauties!...I want to show you my twist out look. I wanted to take it out for work for tonight. But I think it came out pretty decent. Probably would have been better if I kept them in longer. Now the tricky part is how do I keep the curls...Since I cut my hair it is difficult to keep my hair in a high ponytail. I was thinking putting on a bonnet tonight and separating the top part into a high ponytail...What do yo ladies think? Oh and heres some pics!
*ColdDiva* - Page 2 Dsc02420
*ColdDiva* - Page 2 Dsc02510
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 20th November 2009, 9:04 pm

It turned out nicely. The definition is evident.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Serenity23 20th November 2009, 9:36 pm

Its cute! I can already tell you are more confident than just 24 hrs ago~
Serenity23
Serenity23

http://public.fotki.com/Serenity23/  http://www.curlynikki.forum

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 20th November 2009, 9:41 pm

good job!!!!

for me, i bantu knot my hair at night to preserve my twist outs and to prevent tangles
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by ColdDiva 20th November 2009, 10:06 pm

@Chrys & Serenity...Thank you!..@DaJewel...I am gonna try that tonight! Thanx for that tip!
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

*ColdDiva* - Page 2 Empty Day 16

Post by ColdDiva 23rd November 2009, 7:33 pm

So its Monday thank God I am off from work otherwise I seriously would want to call out..its past overcast...its dreary, gloomy and oppressing!...lol...(a bit dramatic). I had to come to my hometown for a quick spell and had left my hair in the bantu knots still from my twist out. Now this is just pure lazyness cause I could have taken the bantu knots out but I decided...I can get past security with a hat over my head. So its the day after the flight and I still have knot taken my hair out of the bantu knots (oh I forgot to mention I still have the little rollers in there too)... But I am kinda diggin them a bit. I will take them out tomorrow. In the meantime this hairstyle is perfect for this rainy day. Happy Monday to all!
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

*ColdDiva* - Page 2 Empty Day17

Post by ColdDiva 25th November 2009, 12:11 am

Took my bantu knots/twist out today finally...and it still rocks!...Big ol hair!...lol...I'll probably retry the flat twist tomorrow so it can be fresh for Thanksgiving...hmmm this will be my first official holiday season rockin natural...Yea me!
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

*ColdDiva* - Page 2 Empty Day18

Post by ColdDiva 26th November 2009, 12:22 am

Good Evening Ladies...Gotta make this a quick one on this Thanksgiving Eve...btw...Happy Thanksgiving Curlies! woot! I am heading to San Fransisco for Thanksgiving...(somebody has got to get the passengers to their families for the holidays Rolling Eyes )

Tonight I did a co-wash with Kenra and then I did my second attempt at my two strand flat twist...I have to say its an improvement already from last week. I attempted to do the twists from front to back but decided to go back to parting the front and then individually twisting those and starting the twist a little further back. I have to say that it looks a bit neater and I think I am going to keep them in some kinda way for the plane ride to SFO and take them out on Friday. I will bring my camera and post pics!

Happy Thanksgiving!
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

*ColdDiva* - Page 2 Empty Day20

Post by ColdDiva 1st December 2009, 1:54 am

Hey Ladies...i hope everyone had a beautiful fully satisfied Thanksgiving...I was a bit dissapointed that I didn't have access to a computer since I left my charger for my laptop at home...(sigh)...so was out of touch and out of the race....but this is a new week. My hair turned out pretty well for my second try for a two strand flat twist. It was more defined this time and but the 4th or 5th row I was getting more confident in my technique and you can see better spiral curls. Its about that time again to wash and restyle/set...but I am a bit under the weather and don't want to mess with a wet head in cold weather...I might try to re-spritz and dampen the hair and then try to do the 2 strand flat twist again. We'll see!

Have a good night Chicas!
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

*ColdDiva* - Page 2 Empty Day22

Post by ColdDiva 2nd December 2009, 4:30 pm

Ok I skipped a day yesterday...feelin a bit under the weather..just a bit of a cold...but dreary weather with a cold makes you just wanna stay under the covers all the day long. Embarassed
Ok so this morning I did a co wash with Hello Hydration and then I then proceeded to do my new staple hairstyle which is to part the front like in a thick bang and and create into twists and then do two strand flat twist to the back for the bulk of the hair. Now I find that when I do that it #1 hides that its not professional two strand flat twist and #2More important that it camoflauges the front which for some reason still very wirey coarse and frizzy little curl definition compared to the rest of the hair.

The products I used for moisture was Hawaiian Silky 14-1 and Bronner Bros Super Grow (some would say not to use grease...but I find it works to moisturize my hair)

*ColdDiva* - Page 2 Dsc02510
*ColdDiva* - Page 2 Dsc02512
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 2nd December 2009, 9:43 pm

How many months have you been in transition now? Did you set a date for the BC?
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by ColdDiva 2nd December 2009, 9:51 pm

Intelligentbeauty wrote:How many months have you been in transition now? Did you set a date for the BC?

Hey Intel! I have already cut off my hair...I did the BC on Sept 18th 2009 and I started transitioning Sept of 2008
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 3rd December 2009, 3:05 am

Do you know what hair type you are? When you BC, did you have an issue with dryness? After 1 yr, did you have a TWA or a Medium size fro?
(sorry for all the questions)

I do my TNC in the cornrow fashion also. But I will have to try it your way with some hair going toward the front. I like that. Your hair looks great.
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by ColdDiva 3rd December 2009, 5:56 pm

Intelligentbeauty wrote:Do you know what hair type you are? When you BC, did you have an issue with dryness? After 1 yr, did you have a TWA or a Medium size fro?
(sorry for all the questions)

I do my TNC in the cornrow fashion also. But I will have to try it your way with some hair going toward the front. I like that. Your hair looks great.

No Worries you ask as many question as your heart desires!....I have yet to be typed...but I am guessing that the back of my hair is a 3C and that the front is more in the 4A range...because the front has no curl pattern just a wave...its kinda funny cause one doesn't even look like it should be on the same head as the other.
Now after I did my BC this September I choose a cut that would not be too dramatic for me...Its kinda like a drop bob...the hair by my chin is still 'relaxed' but I am like come on its literally like an inch of relaxed hair so thats why I say I am natural without explaining that one little piece of relaxed hair. Very Happy So I would consider this a medium fro. The back is short but the top is still full...not quite enough to put in a ponytail though. I was joke and say that I look like Side Show Bob from the Simpsons!
Now as far as dryness it is still an issue for me....I know that some don't agree but I think that some type of hair dress i.e. grease works for me. Now I have found great success with the following. Design herbal complex is great and something that a beautician has suggested to me. And also what I use for dryness is the cantu shea butter that is applied before styling which kinda resolves the issue.
Now I do this hairstyle with the twist on the forehead because for some reason the hair in the front is extra extra dry! I have not figured out what makes it happy other than slabbin on a bunch of conditioner when co-washing or using the shea butter. So by pulling the hair to the front it is very disguised. If you scroll up I have a couple pics of my hair straight and then of my hair curly and then some when its wet so you can see what the hair looks like. I hope this helps...Thank you for the questions!
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

*ColdDiva* - Page 2 Empty Day24

Post by ColdDiva 3rd December 2009, 6:14 pm

Ok so I am going on my usual YouTube safari and I came across a YouTube by the beautiful "PrettyDimples01" now in this tutorial she was explaining that she had a friend that had an issue where she went to the Dominican hair salon and had her straightened and after she washed it that her hair would not re-curl to its original natural curly state. Now don't know how they came up with this idea but they used a mild or very aged beer as a clarifying treatment! Now she did mix a little jojoba oil with this mixture but her results were that her curls bounced back in shape! Now the reason that I may try this is because when I went to my stylist who specializes in natural hair she used (and I will never let her use it again) a hot comb...I noticed an immediate difference in my hair after I washed it...yea I had curls but they those poor little beauties were flat smashed. Crying or Very sad It is so frustrating that after a year of transitioning and then cutting off my beautiful hair for the curl pattern to be compromised after one hot comb treatment.

So my question to you lovely ladies have you ever used this procedure or heard of anyone else trying it...I thought what the hell....it can't hurt more than that dang hot comb!
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 3rd December 2009, 6:31 pm

awww that sucks! my hair was extemely heat damaged like super straight only a little curve. and even after a few washes the curls sprang back up with my regular DC. I would just stand under the shower and drench my hair for a couple days in a row - I didn't know what else to do! And it helped a little - But maybe the beer helps speed up that process. I've never heard of beer used for that particular process but I have definitely heard of people using it as a conditioner so don't think you should be worried about doing damage to your tresses. Would love to hear about your first hand experience afterwards though!
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 3rd December 2009, 6:38 pm

i have a cousin that would use beer to "reverse" a relaxer. i've never tried it, but hey with all the other crazy concoctions we come up with to try on our hair i would say go for it.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by ColdDiva 3rd December 2009, 6:45 pm

@Denise...You know I will try it...I just washed my hair...so I may try it next week!

@Coca....I've heard of reversal methods too...none of them really work though. (You live in my hometown Coco...I'm lived in Owings Mills!)
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

*ColdDiva* - Page 2 Empty Day25

Post by ColdDiva 4th December 2009, 1:52 pm

TGIF Curlies!

Ok today I was looking around for a Denman brush but I cant' seem to find a denman brush around here, my just go to Amazon.com Now what I was having a hard time figuring out....WHICH ONE! Ok so there are some that use the D31 or is it D41 and there are some of you guys that use the D3 or D4. Which one is best?? If anyone of you own one of those from above let me know which you would think would be great for my hair after you glance at some of my hair pics. Thank you so much ladies and have a great weekend!
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 4th December 2009, 3:17 pm

Thanks CD, I appreciate you answering my questions. I will be trying that front twist and curl for no other reason but it looks cute on you....lol.
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 4th December 2009, 4:49 pm

ColdDiva wrote:TGIF Curlies!

Ok today I was looking around for a Denman brush but I cant' seem to find a denman brush around here, my just go to Amazon.com Now what I was having a hard time figuring out....WHICH ONE! Ok so there are some that use the D31 or is it D41 and there are some of you guys that use the D3 or D4. Which one is best?? If anyone of you own one of those from above let me know which you would think would be great for my hair after you glance at some of my hair pics. Thank you so much ladies and have a great weekend!

the sally's in my area always have the D3 denman - but its always on the bottom row of all the brushes and almost hidden lol. not sure why...
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

*ColdDiva* - Page 2 Empty Day26

Post by ColdDiva 7th December 2009, 8:34 pm

Good Evening Curlies!

I hope you guys had a wonderful weekend...and Monday didn't hit you too hard...I am having and extraordinary day. I took out my twist...no they didn't come out too swell but I will try again....I had a bronchitis last week so the daily maintenance of moisturizing wasn't a priority. Will try again.
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

*ColdDiva* - Page 2 Empty Day27

Post by ColdDiva 8th December 2009, 9:02 pm

Evening Ladies!

I just finished my weekly co-wash using the last remnants of Hello Hydration...next week I will try the Totally Twisted. Now since my last attempt at two strand flat twist was a bit of a flow...I thought I would try a version of the bantu knots but I used alligator clips instead of using my own hair to keep in place. My hair is little too short right now to try and use my own hair. I will take it down on Thursday since I am still off and with this weather I don't plan on going anywhere

*ColdDiva* - Page 2 Dsc02610
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next