CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

*ColdDiva*

+19
blondie
Pinkrage
BlondeByDesire
adiaha
tressedforsuccess
Lynnieluve
sweetdrk1
SheeTacular
CocaColaCutie
d.denise
Intelligentbeauty
dajewel
Lanamarie
A85
curly+kinky+fierce
ChrsLvsBks
nmoultry
Serenity23
ColdDiva
23 posters

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

*ColdDiva* - Page 3 Empty Day28

Post by ColdDiva 9th December 2009, 10:11 pm

Today I still have my hair in bantu knots with the alligator clips. I am becoming the queen of not taking my hair out. I put on a head scarf on and then a army fatigue (is that how you spell it?) hat on and then hit the stores. I swear there was a woman (and I am not being judgmental) trying to holla!!! I am like just cause I am lookin a bit ruff today does not mean I am with the other team! affraid

Now have you ladies ever had an issue with explaining your 'identity' because you were natural?

Geez is this what I have to look forward to??? affraid
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

*ColdDiva* - Page 3 Empty Day29

Post by ColdDiva 10th December 2009, 5:11 pm

I still have not had to take my hair out...I haven't really had to do anything that would require me to take my hair out. The hair should be nice and curly by tomorrow! Very Happy
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

*ColdDiva* - Page 3 Empty Re: *ColdDiva*

Post by SheeTacular 11th December 2009, 6:51 pm

LOL I think it was the army fatigue.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ColdDiva 11th December 2009, 7:11 pm

SheeTacular_Napps wrote:LOL I think it was the army fatigue.

THanks Shee!...I was like natural does not equal to me not being feminine!
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

*ColdDiva* - Page 3 Empty Day30

Post by ColdDiva 11th December 2009, 7:14 pm

Wow can't believe that it has been 30 days (M-F) since the beginning of this challenge. I have learned a lot from you ladies and I have been getting more confident on the up keep and the styling of my natural hair. I look forward to taking my hair out...I know I am wrong because its still in these little knots...So when I do take them out tomorrow or Sunday I will post pics! Have a great weekend everyone!
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

*ColdDiva* - Page 3 Empty Day31

Post by ColdDiva 14th December 2009, 10:51 pm

So I promised on friday that I would post pics...but I'm gonna rescind that statement. I was lovingly and affectionately called a cute little poodle by my mother today. I said to her thank you very kindly but I think it looks beautiful. But all in all the bantu knot out did not come out like I had hoped. Hope you guys had a great weekend!
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

*ColdDiva* - Page 3 Empty day32/3

Post by ColdDiva 16th December 2009, 1:54 pm

So I am in my hometown right now (Baltimore) and I spent the day with my fav gurl pal who is natural but you would never know cause her hair is very straight....so I did a little snoopin this mornin (don't act you aint neva done it!) and was seeing what type of products she used. Now she is a fabulous talented celebrity make-up artist/hair stylist so this was a prime time to do snooping! I did see the following:

-A huge container of Mixed Chicks leave in Conditioner
-A bottle of Motions moisturizing oil conditioner
-A humectant pomade by Silk Elements.
-Products by Curls Rock

Now thats all I got! Now I could ask her for some more products but I do know that she likes Keri Care a lot too. Now yesterday I ran the idea yesterday to her should I just do a baby quickie relaxer of my very front of my outer perimeter...she really wasn't tryin to hear it! She said you betta put some jam on it and then grab a tiny brush and call it a day!...Hmm it was worth a try!
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

*ColdDiva* - Page 3 Empty Day34

Post by ColdDiva 17th December 2009, 11:55 pm

Ok so today hair is lookin a bit ruff...I really need to comb my hair dry with conditioner in it. I was given donations today to get my hair done....I truly love my family for their generosity. I have a hair appointment tomorrow @ 11:30! So looking forward to it!
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 20th December 2009, 12:30 am

ok waiting for results!! come on don't make a sista beg!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by ColdDiva 22nd December 2009, 1:02 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:ok waiting for results!! come on don't make a sista beg!

lol...No need to beg!...I shoulda had the pics up on monday but it was a wonderful day! Couldn't spare a moment...without a further ado here are some pics!
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

*ColdDiva* - Page 3 Empty Day36/7

Post by ColdDiva 22nd December 2009, 1:25 pm

Ok so I got my hair done on Friday and it turned out fabulous! Now since I have had my hair cut in September I had my styled straight twice. Now I went to someone in Charlotte instead of my hometown BMore...So I went to a Dominican Salon in the Queen City; which I do enjoy going to whenever I'm in D.C./Silver Spring. So I let her do her own thing. Now I felt bad for that wash girl!...It took a minute to detangle my hair with that conditioner in my hair. But actually it was not a lot of hair loss...She was frigtened when I took out that pony tail holder..I said rest easy...just put some water and a bunch of conditioner and it will turn from a beast to a kitty cat .

So I was going to take pics of every step don't ask what happened..I got chatty/sleepy under the dryer with another natural from Greensboro...(btw Nikki I told her all about your Tres Fab Site and its a must for all naturalistas!)...anyway I digress...So I thought she was going to blow dry my hair and flat iron but she didn't! My hair is finally long enough all around for it to be roller set!!!!!! woot! .

So after the roller set went under the dryer and then she round brush the hair with the blow dryer few spritz of hair shine and I was ready to go!

Now before she roller set I remember her spraying something but I would think that next time I should bring my own heat protectant aide to place in my hair pre-style. Any suggestions ladies of a good heat protectant that is effective but lightweight. I do not want my hair weighed down!
*ColdDiva* - Page 3 Dsc02711
*ColdDiva* - Page 3 Dsc02712
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 22nd December 2009, 2:13 pm

Beautiful Dominican blow out!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ColdDiva 22nd December 2009, 3:55 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Beautiful Dominican blow out!

Thank you Chrs! I love your bantu knot out style...I'm going to try mines again...it didn't come out right at all!...Can't wait to try next month tho!
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 22nd December 2009, 4:41 pm

Thanks! Practice with the bantu knot out definitely helps. My first two tries were okay but not great. Let me know if you need any tips.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 24th December 2009, 1:50 am

Very nice Dominican blow out style.
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

*ColdDiva* - Page 3 Empty Day41

Post by ColdDiva 28th December 2009, 4:29 pm

I hope and trust all of you had a wonderful Christmas!...I know I did..I went to London! And had a great time with my crew...It was my first time there...and Yes that London wet/foggy/soggy weather was in full effect. But I am truly surprised today is Monday may hair still looks fabulous!...I kept it pinned in two little buns and then put it into a hat...but after awhile that moisture still gettin to it..So I wrapped it TIGHT with a scarf that night and then when I got up I pin curled it...actually I left it kinda pin curled on the plane too...So by the time I got home it was just fine. Here is some pics from todays hair and my hat hair get up in London.

*ColdDiva* - Page 3 Dsc03110
*ColdDiva* - Page 3 Dsc03010
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 28th December 2009, 4:39 pm

Nice blow out...WOW London, I am sure that was a blast, how long did you stay?
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by ColdDiva 28th December 2009, 4:47 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:Nice blow out...WOW London, I am sure that was a blast, how long did you stay?

Hey Sweet!...I stayed for one day and left the next. I was working. She worked that blow out Out!..I was impressed b/c she didn't use a lot of heat...But whatever conditioner she used that was the key. It really created the longstay for my hair to keep lookin sharp...I definitely going to her again.
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

*ColdDiva* - Page 3 Empty Day42

Post by ColdDiva 29th December 2009, 11:26 am

Ok hair is still hangin in there. I just pin curled last night and added a little BioSilk to it this morning..few shakes and I am all done. I wonder if there is a safe amount of heat that can be applied to hair without damage. I really want to have curly hair but I am also happy with my hair roller set straight. Do you guys know of a safe frequency of heat to hair without harming the curls. Once a month or maybe once every other month?
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 29th December 2009, 11:45 pm

For a safe heat, try using the middle range of your flat iron. You will likely not get a silky smooth result.

You could roller set it and try the saran wrap after to see if you like the results. If not, you could go over your hair once with the flat iron on the middle setting.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by ColdDiva 29th December 2009, 11:48 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:For a safe heat, try using the middle range of your flat iron. You will likely not get a silky smooth result.

You could roller set it and try the saran wrap after to see if you like the results. If not, you could go over your hair once with the flat iron on the middle setting.

Thanx Chrs...do you think blow dryer and round brush technique is too much heat?
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

*ColdDiva* - Page 3 Empty Day43

Post by ColdDiva 30th December 2009, 1:31 pm

So the other night I decided to create a resolution for my hair!...I've mentioned before the very front of my hair is just completely unlike the rest of my hair. It is dry snarly dry won't curl short....yada yada yada. So I looked at the strands in the front and noticed it had a lot of splits and white bulb ends, no other part of my hair is like this front...so decided to cut it! Right down to the root. I figured all the conditioners and the excess moisturizers that I am using are not doing any good so I should just start all over again. Many years ago my beautician did the same technique with the very back of my scalp, she explained the area was damaged and that it was causing the other strands to become damaged as well. So snip snip snip I went last night. Hopefully the hair will grow back healthier and more like the other strands on my head.
*ColdDiva* - Page 3 Dsc02713
*ColdDiva* - Page 3 Dsc02714
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 31st December 2009, 1:59 pm

ColdDiva wrote:
ChrsLvsBks wrote:For a safe heat, try using the middle range of your flat iron. You will likely not get a silky smooth result.

Thanx Chrs...do you think blow dryer and round brush technique is too much heat?
Yes from what I have seen on YT. High heat, smoke and hair are not a good combination no matter how much silicone and anti-humectant one uses.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

*ColdDiva* - Page 3 Empty Day44

Post by ColdDiva 31st December 2009, 8:14 pm

Hey ladies I hope that you are having a great time getting together your New Years plans...I'm gonna ring it in a bit late on the west coast. Hair is still lookin and doin good. Just did the same old pin curl or barrel pin curl I should say...who knows maybe I'll make it to a party tonight and sweat it out! dance
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

*ColdDiva* - Page 3 Empty Day45

Post by ColdDiva 1st January 2010, 4:51 pm

HAPPIEST NEW YEAR!!!!

PARTIED TILL 6AM!!!!

MY HAIR DID NOT SWEAT OUT!!!

STILL STRAIGHT!!!....Gonna wash and wear it curly this weekend!

HaVe a Great Weekend!!! woot!
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next