CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

*ColdDiva*

+19
blondie
Pinkrage
BlondeByDesire
adiaha
tressedforsuccess
Lynnieluve
sweetdrk1
SheeTacular
CocaColaCutie
d.denise
Intelligentbeauty
dajewel
Lanamarie
A85
curly+kinky+fierce
ChrsLvsBks
nmoultry
Serenity23
ColdDiva
23 posters

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

*ColdDiva* - Page 10 Empty Re: *ColdDiva*

Post by ColdDiva 16th March 2010, 11:24 pm

Intelligentbeauty wrote:Be encouraged ColdDiva. Those relaxed ends can be such a pain. And as far as Oprah, well she is all natural. She no longer uses relaxers. She wears her own in the winter and braids and wigs it in the summer. But her hair is long naturally. She actually mentioned it on her GOOD HAIR show with Chris Rock.

Just be patient. You know this journey knows how to work out patience in the sistas..... Laughing

Thank you for the encouragement!
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by ColdDiva 16th March 2010, 11:27 pm

So I saw a hair idol...(local) in the streets the other day in CLT...Without scaring the poor woman I casually asked what she is using in her hair because it was gorg!....She said other than moisture moisture moisture her staple product to keep her hair on the coily curly side was something...now I'm paraphrasing from my memory was something by Earnest Graham wet gel and it is in a jar with red lettering...Now I am on the hunt but for this product but can anyone tell me for sure if this is the correct name of this product or if you have ever used it so I know what the heck I'm talkin about when I go to the beauty supply store
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 16th March 2010, 11:32 pm

CD did you google it?
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 17th March 2010, 3:56 pm

Hey Cold Diva!! Just checking in on you!!
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ColdDiva 22nd March 2010, 7:04 pm

OK so after much talkin it up and not doin it up I have made today Day 1 of my raw food detox (21 days). I am not going to lie I am already antsy I was in the grocery store today and all I wanted to buy was some Cheetos and some cookies...but I have to remind myself I am worth a spring cleaning the same I do around my place and my car. It was funny that when I was in the check out line the cashier was like...are you some kind of health nut or something...(lol...or something is right!)

My expectations for this cleanse of course I want to see the numbers release away...but I hope most to get my energy back I have been feeling so sluggish, lethargic, fatigued and sick for a few months now and I can't seem to get it out of my system so I am praying that if allow patience that I will see a difference in my vitality.

For the detox I am accompanied by the herbs by Dherbs.com for the Full Body Detox. If you have never heard of this website I strongly suggest that you stop over at the website. It has a plethora of health articles and products and most products have honest reviews of the consumers. I will definitely add mine after the 21 day detox.

Talk to you guys tomorrow!
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by ColdDiva 23rd March 2010, 10:58 am

Okay...lol...Why didn't ya'll tell me about the Apple Cider Vinegar being the TRUTH!!!!....I have never thought to try it because in my mind not much makes a difference to my hair it is just stays blah!....So I co-washed my hair with the Trader Joes tea tree...and step out of the shower and same old puffy dried out lookin hair...after a long sigh I remember that I bought some ACV when I went shopping for my raw food cleanse. I didn't know what the hell I was doing so I just poured it on let it sit for about 5 minutes and then rinsed it out...I came out of the shower with tamed seemingly moisturized pretty hair! OMG so excited about it...lol...I'm sure what to do as far as styling for today I bought that Qhemet Biologics product and I smothered that in there...I'm hopin that an air dry will suffice and I will be able to have decent hair by the days end!

Does anybody know how long you are supposed to leave the ACV in? And how frequently monthly you are to use it?
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by ColdDiva 23rd March 2010, 10:59 am

sweetdrk1 wrote:CD did you google it?

Hey Sweet...Yea I did google it several times and never found it...I'll just have to go the beauty supply store she was talking about and find it...only thing is its on the other side of town.
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by ColdDiva 24th March 2010, 12:23 pm

So my product junkie in me finally came out...I am more on the other side I never want to buy new products and in fact the last time I purchased something was a couple of months ago and it was only one product! I think what it is more than anything I don't want my heart being broke yet again that I purchased something and it did not work ...well that is not the case for today!!!

Yesterday I went to a beauty supply store named Tisun in Charlotte and I swear this place is the size of some Walmarts!..It was huge!...I was on the hunt for this hair gel that I was told about by a lady I met on the street that I adored her hair...She told me where to go and the name of the product but even when I got there I had a hard time finding the product....wll I finally found it! It is called Earnest Daurham and the product is called Leisure Curl. I also got another product I have been wanting is the Design Essentials Moisture Retention Conditioning Shampoo. And finally I also got while there Pantene Natural and Relaxed conditioning hair Mask...well I am sitting now with the hair mask in my hair and I do love it already...No wonder it is a staple of Nikki's....My hair has been sooooo damn dry no wonder I have not been getting the results I have been desiring.

As far as my diet..Today is day 3 of 20 for my detox...all I can say is that I had some ahem impactful detox symptoms yesterday....But today I feel good...getting ready to go out and enjoy this day...I will upload some pictures as soon as I can find my usb cable...

Have a Beautiful Blessed One Curlies!
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by ColdDiva 25th March 2010, 10:56 am

Yesterday I tried some new products...all in all I am pleased with all of them.

Now the Leisure Curl did very well on the bottom half of my hair and the top half it wouldn't quite work....so I dusted off the KCC and used that on the top half and it was odd because it kinda worked.

Now the Qhemet Biologics I'm not sure that it is doing what a lot of people claims that it does. I felt some moisture but not the extra moistness that others claim they feel.

My Favorite by far was the Relaxed and Natural Hair Mask...Wonderful!....It totally tamed the frizzyness and penetrated with moisture. And I didn't even have any heat to sit under so I can only imagine if I had a hooded dryer what a difference it would be.

Thats it for my review...Day 4 of 20 of the Dherbs Full Body Detox going steady...I haven't noticed anything significant so far just up and down with my energy spikes. I'll keep you posted!
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 25th March 2010, 11:05 am

Good morning, I am happy you found the product, now find that cord I wanna see your half & half hair. That was some creativity right there!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by ColdDiva 26th March 2010, 11:23 am

Still can't find my usb cable which is odd since my place is neat clean and organized...which if it was the opposite I would understand. My hair is still very moisturized and I am so pleased...not styled but moist....another staple product that I used that I forgot to tell you ladies about is the the Oz Oil by Dherbs.com!

This product is awesome....in the past I read these blogs about you should try olive oil in your hair as a pre-treatment and that it will soften your hair, well for me it doesn't it would smell be sticky and just glued when I try to wash my hair it sucked!...Well I really wish that I had the Oz Oil before I cut my hair because it would have saved me from that BC! Yes it is that good.

The product can be used in your hair skin and even taken internally. It differs in that it is ozonated oil or oxygen infused oil. And it literally detangled my hair dry with ease, I was so impressed!

Now the price point is a bit high ($24.95), but when you think about its multiple uses it kind of balances out.

Have a Wonderful Weekend!
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by ColdDiva 29th March 2010, 11:05 am

Day 8 of 20 of my Raw Food Detox...Not lovin it at all....I think what it is I am missing some variety...cause everyday its fruit then a salad then some dried fruit and nuts and the another salad...boring! I couldn't take it yesterday and I soaked and cooked some red kidney beans without any flavorings but salt pepper and some cumin. And I did have a little bit of a cheat on the plane on saturday where I ate a couple cubes of cheese. I was starving!!! I had ran out the house and forgot my salad and there was nothing on that plane to eat but junk food. I at least I didn't eat the homefries and omellette from up in first class like I wanted too!...*sigh*...I now digress....

Now as far as the hair I met a flight attendant that had long gorgeous hair....Its rare that you meet a flight attendant of color on my airline in my city, and even rarer that she lives in my neck of the woods. But all 3 applied..and she was natural! I told her that I have a wedding to go to and I was slyly hinted to have my hair straight for the wedding, which you don't have to be sly about its your wedding your wish. Anyway I digress again. She explained that I have to try her beautician she explains that until she found her she would commute up to Philadelphia just to get her hair done. I could understand because thats exactly what I would do for my beloved Dominican hair salon in D.C. So she raved about her and get this she only prefers her clients to have natural hair and she is a Sista!!! Now how rare is that! So I have an appointment set up with her for Wednesday. So I'll keep you posted and let you know if I love it or hate...Ok gotta go leavin up out of this Rainy Cold Boston weather!!
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by ColdDiva 30th March 2010, 5:48 pm

Tomorrow trying out a new stylist....sooo lookin forward to that!

Quick interesting tidbit....I have been doing this cleanse and eating a LOT Of GREENS...Noticed something about my hair that you guys my find interesting...I have hairs that are grey not many but they always grow grey...well I usually pluck them off. Well I have a hair where you can clearly see that it is grey...but get this it is growing out BLACK!!! I read a book about Green Smoothies and one of the things that she mentioned that grey hair can be restored to natural color after eating large amounts of raw greens. Well the evidence and truth in that seems to be in my hair...definetely a plus!

Heres a quick one to try for a Green Smoothie Newbie

Large Handful of spinach
2-3 Slices of Pineapple
Half of an apple
Throw in a couple of strawberries (with stems)
Add water/ice
Blend...Enjoy!

Have a good day...gettin ready to make one now!
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 30th March 2010, 7:31 pm

Are you a flight attendant?

11 more days to go!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by ColdDiva 31st March 2010, 10:04 am

Lynnieluve wrote:Are you a flight attendant?

11 more days to go!!!
Hey Lynnie!

Yesss!!!!! 11 more days to go!!!! And I'm gonna need strength cause I'm gonna wanna dance and have fun and EAT Meat!!! and of course cake!...Humph! I sure did plan this at the wrong time!....

But yes I am a flight attendant
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by ColdDiva 31st March 2010, 10:24 am

Ok so last night I used my Ojon Restorative Treatment...My favorite staple to use the night before I go to the hairdresser. So my hair can look extra gorgeous!

Yesterday while watching Dr. Oz or Monday...I saw that a great secret ingredient to aging hair is mashed bananas...I was actually surprised I had never heard of that before. Mayonnaise but not bananas. I want to try it but I don't want the beautician to be like what the hell is this on your hair? But I will try it in coming weeks....Hell I might try it real quick right now and just rinse it out...actually thats exactly what I am going to do...Later Curlies!
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by ColdDiva 31st March 2010, 12:02 pm

*ColdDiva* - Page 10 Dsc03510

Sittin pretty with bananas in my hair
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by ColdDiva 31st March 2010, 1:17 pm

ColdDiva wrote:Ok so last night I used my Ojon Restorative Treatment...My favorite staple to use the night before I go to the hairdresser. So my hair can look extra gorgeous!

Yesterday while watching Dr. Oz or Monday...I saw that a great secret ingredient to aging hair is mashed bananas...I was actually surprised I had never heard of that before. Mayonnaise but not bananas. I want to try it but I don't want the beautician to be like what the hell is this on your hair? But I will try it in coming weeks....Hell I might try it real quick right now and just rinse it out...actually thats exactly what I am going to do...Later Curlies!

***Quick word to the wise...Dr. Oz's Suggest 15 minutes!...I agree...I went overboard and left for a near hour!...Having a hard time rinsing it out!***
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 31st March 2010, 3:40 pm

LOL at the banana not rinsing out. I did the same thing with lemons. Have to be careful with fruit that is not fully liquid or has chunks. I'm sure it will leave our hair soft and supple.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ColdDiva 1st April 2010, 10:34 am

Still seeing bits of rogue banana bits here and there...lol! But the hair is doing well....I tried out a new beautician and I think she did a pretty good job and she was fast. About an hour and half for the wash/blow dry flat iron from start to finish. Just a few times I winced away cuz the blow dryer got to close to the scalp. But I realized earlier that I am doing a really good job of staying away from heat. Last time my hair was straightened was January, so I'm good.

Heres a couple of pics as well as a pic of my hair from the fall....Its Growing! It will back down my back in no time!!!

*ColdDiva* - Page 10 Dsc03511

*ColdDiva* - Page 10 Dsc03512
*ColdDiva* - Page 10 Dsc02110

Taken around October 2009
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 1st April 2010, 10:52 am

Hair looks beautiful!!!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by ColdDiva 1st April 2010, 11:03 am

sweetdrk1 wrote:Hair looks beautiful!!!!

Thank You!!!
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by ColdDiva 1st April 2010, 10:47 pm

Its gettin Hot out there!...I am happy to say hello to spring/summer. But it comes near the end of those straight days with my hair. I wrapped it last night and this morning it came out super straight. Funny I would have been thrilled with super straight hair a year or so ago now...its slowly beginning to feel like its not me to have straight hair.

I have a wedding this weekend and I found a killer orange/red dress! And I really wish that I could have my number one accessory which is big hair!...oh well...I'll still look like a Diva either way!

Day 11 of Raw Food Detox by Dherbs....I had a cheat day yesterday I have to confess...and I paid for it...Dayumn!...lemme find out that after this detox I won't be able to digest meat again! No
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 2nd April 2010, 7:30 am

ColdDiva wrote:
ColdDiva wrote:Ok so last night I used my Ojon Restorative Treatment...My favorite staple to use the night before I go to the hairdresser. So my hair can look extra gorgeous!

***Quick word to the wise...Dr. Oz's Suggest 15 minutes!...I agree...I went overboard and left for a near hour!...Having a hard time rinsing it out!***

Hey there, I use commercial pureed baby food bananas in my deep conditioner along with some oils when I DC. Either for an hour or overnight. It kicks the moisture level up 10 fold and no pieces of banana left over in the hair.......... *ColdDiva* - Page 10 Icon_lol
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by ColdDiva 2nd April 2010, 8:03 am

Intelligentbeauty wrote:
ColdDiva wrote:

Hey there, I use commercial pureed baby food bananas in my deep conditioner along with some oils when I DC. Either for an hour or overnight. It kicks the moisture level up 10 fold and no pieces of banana left over in the hair.......... *ColdDiva* - Page 10 Icon_lol

Ooooh that was a good one! Thank you! Will try that next time!
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next