CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

just all pics , Sorry I have not posted in awhile !

+33
NubieNatty
WhosThatRedHead
Serenity23
CrissyQ
iri9109
DvaAuNaturel
Naturally Zee
MellowOne
sweetdrk1
MahoganyCurls
QuietButterfly
priceless
CocaColaCutie
ChrsLvsBks
CurlsGalore
poeticlyspkng
curlsunfurled
Nikcoils
mrsmackey
TMS
bholmes87
Lynnieluve
mstokes2008
SheeTacular
KinkyNappyHappy
jlowman1
Curly_Aquarius
Muz
LaToya28
BrownSkinDiva
krazy coils
Juices-n-Berries
curly-me-naturally
37 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

just all pics , Sorry I have not posted in awhile ! - Page 3 Empty Re: just all pics , Sorry I have not posted in awhile !

Post by curly-me-naturally 9th June 2010, 2:14 am

priceless wrote:Ok i will join the challenge but I just have to stop being lazy and get up off this couch on the internet and get moving. I can do it. I can do it. You have convinced me. The challenge is on my tummy is a big problem area

Awesome !!!!!! you can post your goals and what you want to work on , eating habits and what exercise you are doing .

Yes ! lets get Fit , don't make me come looking for you ! lol
curly-me-naturally
curly-me-naturally

Back to top Go down

just all pics , Sorry I have not posted in awhile ! - Page 3 Empty Re: just all pics , Sorry I have not posted in awhile !

Post by priceless 9th June 2010, 2:40 am

You may have to lol I get real good for like a month then I quite and get lazy. any whooo I will try my best

ironicly my friend sent this http://thefitnessgoddess.blogspot.com/ Not a member yet but it seem like a interesting site
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 9th June 2010, 8:21 am

Love your twistout from yesterday!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 9th June 2010, 8:26 am

Hi CurlyMe

I see you have set some very attainable goals for your weight loss...I've loss 10 lbs in three months...Drs orders. So now I'm going to track my progress as well. I still have about 20 lbs I would like to drop so thanks for starting this challenge...

I see the Lynn and Chrs results from working out and strength training...so I know when I start my workout program June 21st (that when my job's fitness center opens) I will see more results if I say focused!!

Love your flat twist out results...too cute.

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by curly-me-naturally 9th June 2010, 8:31 am

priceless wrote:You may have to lol I get real good for like a month then I quite and get lazy. any whooo I will try my best

ironicly my friend sent this http://thefitnessgoddess.blogspot.com/ Not a member yet but it seem like a interesting site

Priceless !!! now I will come looking , but when you start feeling lazy take a day or two off and then come right back. I will be here for you . Cause girl I'm trying to get skinty ...lol (that's how my husband say it). I will check out that website too. thanks

krazy coils wrote:Love your twistout from yesterday!

Thanks lady ......your hair is always Fabulous !!! with a capital F. lol
curly-me-naturally
curly-me-naturally

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 9th June 2010, 12:23 pm

I'm with you on getting and staying healthy. My short-term goal is to lose one pound a week. My long-term goal is to lose a total of 78 pounds. I have 54 more to go.

My current plan is to eat healthy. I go to the farmers market on Sundays. I need to cook the food I purchase. The vegetables go bad fast just all pics , Sorry I have not posted in awhile ! - Page 3 Icon_cry . I need to give up my juices and eat more fruit instead. I was doing good for a while but need to get back to eating my fruit instead of drinking it. Nutrition is key to my weight loss goals. I eat between 1200 to 1600 calories a day.

For exercise, I workout five days a week. This includes doing cardio and cardio/strength training during my lunch hour as well as spinning twice a week and Zumba class once a week. I burn 3000 calories a week.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by curly-me-naturally 9th June 2010, 1:00 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hi CurlyMe

I see you have set some very attainable goals for your weight loss...I've loss 10 lbs in three months...Drs orders. So now I'm going to track my progress as well. I still have about 20 lbs I would like to drop so thanks for starting this challenge...

I see the Lynn and Chrs results from working out and strength training...so I know when I start my workout program June 21st (that when my job's fitness center opens) I will see more results if I say focused!!

Love your flat twist out results...too cute.

KNH

My goal is some what gonna take some time because its so much weight, so I'm sure its gonna take over a year to do it . Its a lifestyle change so that's what makes it easier .

That's great you lost 10lbs , just keep you focus on you goals and you will do it . I think that we can do anything , If we can go natural which is a challenge within it self , then we can become a healthier us ! I will def help keep you motivated just all pics , Sorry I have not posted in awhile ! - Page 3 Icon_biggrin

Thanks , it was my first time with the flat twist , I think i will be doing it again I really like the result

ChrsLvsBks wrote:I'm with you on getting and staying healthy. My short-term goal is to lose one pound a week. My long-term goal is to lose a total of 78 pounds. I have 54 more to go.

My current plan is to eat healthy. I go to the farmers market on Sundays. I need to cook the food I purchase. The vegetables go bad fast just all pics , Sorry I have not posted in awhile ! - Page 3 Icon_cry . I need to give up my juices and eat more fruit instead. I was doing good for a while but need to get back to eating my fruit instead of drinking it. Nutrition is key to my weight loss goals. I eat between 1200 to 1600 calories a day.

For exercise, I workout five days a week. This includes doing cardio and cardio/strength training during my lunch hour as well as spinning twice a week and Zumba class once a week. I burn 3000 calories a week.

yea.....your plan sounds awesome, and eating healthy is so important cause you can control the amount of calories you eat .
you gotta a good plan , we can all help each other stay encouraged on this challenge to a total new us !
I hear that the spinning is no Joke. How is it for you ?
curly-me-naturally
curly-me-naturally

Back to top Go down

Post by curly-me-naturally 10th June 2010, 12:17 pm

Hey ladies

Today I don't know what was wrong with me but I had absolutely no energy just all pics , Sorry I have not posted in awhile ! - Page 3 Icon_cry so needless to say I did not work out today. But don't worry I will be back strong and ready to go ! I am determined. I did still manage to eat good , the only thing I did do wrong was drink a Hawaiian punch .....I know ...it's , well cause i ran out of water and needed to go to the store.

Well today I did wash my hair and was going to put it in a WnG , I will be back later to post pics just all pics , Sorry I have not posted in awhile ! - Page 3 Icon_biggrin
curly-me-naturally
curly-me-naturally

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 10th June 2010, 1:41 pm

Love spinning class! I've been doing it since February, I think. It is an awesome way to burn between 350 - 600 calories in 45 minutes. The instructor and music are good. I highly suggest spinning. The seat is uncomfortable yet go consistently three times to see if there is a difference. I still feel the seat but it is bearable.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 10th June 2010, 2:03 pm

Hey naturally me, the good thing about working out is that it's never too late to do it. There's always tomorrow. Can't wait to see your pics!

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 10th June 2010, 4:26 pm

Hey lady!!
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by QuietButterfly 10th June 2010, 11:08 pm

Hey Curly-Me,

Welcome!! Your twist outs are looking good girl.

I'll definitely join you on the fitness challenge, I just posted something on my journal about losing weight and getting back in shape in preparation for a half marathon i'm doing in October. I had previously lost weight and gotten down to my goal weight, but 2 years later, I've managed to gain it back, so I've gotta do it again and keep it off this time.

I work out 4 - 5 times a week, I'd like to increase that to 6 times a week, but we'll see. I run, do the elliptical, stair climber, spinning and kickboxing. I also ride my bike to the gym. I've cut sweets out, no more chocolate covered peanuts and I'm gonna start keeping a food journal.

I'll keep you updated on my progress and I'll be checking back in with you to see how you're coming along just all pics , Sorry I have not posted in awhile ! - Page 3 Icon_biggrin
QuietButterfly
QuietButterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 10th June 2010, 11:25 pm

Hey chica

I been drinking nothing but water for the last two days but still been feeling thristy. I also been going to the bathroom like a pregnant person. I only did 20 situps today so don't feel bad for taking the day off. I too have been having no energy. I think the sun in the D.R. has really drained me. I finally weighed myself and I think I want to loss 10lbs and focus on getting my stomach flat. I love zumba its a dance class. In my gym it is so many people that love that class they had to add more class times.
I love that all people in all different shapes and sizes attend its amazing.
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 11th June 2010, 4:57 pm

Zumba, spinning... I'm finding all my favorite exercises here! I am trying to document my workouts now. You and lynnie have inspired me!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by curly-me-naturally 14th June 2010, 12:32 am

Sorry ladies I've been gone for a minute . I had to plan my sons birthday party .

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Love spinning class! I've been doing it since February, I think. It is an awesome way to burn between 350 - 600 calories in 45 minutes. The instructor and music are good. I highly suggest spinning. The seat is uncomfortable yet go consistently three times to see if there is a difference. I still feel the seat but it is bearable.

I'm gonna find out when the spinning class is at my gym and go get my spin on. Thanks for the info. I've been losing weight but I think it is more inches than weight. so Ill check is out and go spin!!!

LaToya28 wrote:Hey naturally me, the good thing about working out is that it's never too late to do it. There's always tomorrow. Can't wait to see your pics!

Yes thank you LaToya , for the encouragement . I did workout the next day .

SheeTacular_Napps wrote:Hey lady!!

Hello Shee !!

QuietButterfly wrote:Hey Curly-Me,

Welcome!! Your twist outs are looking good girl.

I'll definitely join you on the fitness challenge, I just posted something on my journal about losing weight and getting back in shape in preparation for a half marathon i'm doing in October. I had previously lost weight and gotten down to my goal weight, but 2 years later, I've managed to gain it back, so I've gotta do it again and keep it off this time.

I work out 4 - 5 times a week, I'd like to increase that to 6 times a week, but we'll see. I run, do the elliptical, stair climber, spinning and kickboxing. I also ride my bike to the gym. I've cut sweets out, no more chocolate covered peanuts and I'm gonna start keeping a food journal.

I'll keep you updated on my progress and I'll be checking back in with you to see how you're coming along just all pics , Sorry I have not posted in awhile ! - Page 3 Icon_biggrin

Thank you Lady , Welcome to the challenge of a new you ! this so exciting . you sound like you have a good routine going on , keep up the work and stay encouraged ! can't wait for your results .

priceless wrote:Hey chica

I been drinking nothing but water for the last two days but still been feeling thristy. I also been going to the bathroom like a pregnant person. I only did 20 situps today so don't feel bad for taking the day off. I too have been having no energy. I think the sun in the D.R. has really drained me. I finally weighed myself and I think I want to loss 10lbs and focus on getting my stomach flat. I love zumba its a dance class. In my gym it is so many people that love that class they had to add more class times.
I love that all people in all different shapes and sizes attend its amazing.

poeticlyspkng wrote:Zumba, spinning... I'm finding all my favorite exercises here! I am trying to document my workouts now. You and lynnie have inspired me!

That is Great !!!! on the water ......keep that up and you will see the lbs melt off. I love the zumba class too ...you really don't feel like you are exercising , but dancing your way to a fitter you (if that is a word ) lol

I'm so glad you were inspired , and I am inspired by you ladies as well ! just all pics , Sorry I have not posted in awhile ! - Page 3 Icon_biggrin
curly-me-naturally
curly-me-naturally

Back to top Go down

Post by curly-me-naturally 14th June 2010, 1:08 am

So I'm sorry about not posting the pic but her they are .

i co-washed my hair V05 strawberries cream conditioner and conditioned and leave-in Deva curl conditioner . I slicked it back in the shower and put some afroveda curl define on the ends and put it in a puff.

just all pics , Sorry I have not posted in awhile ! - Page 3 Dsc01435
just all pics , Sorry I have not posted in awhile ! - Page 3 Dsc01442

just all pics , Sorry I have not posted in awhile ! - Page 3 Dsc01443

just all pics , Sorry I have not posted in awhile ! - Page 3 Dsc01444

just all pics , Sorry I have not posted in awhile ! - Page 3 Dsc01445

curly-me-naturally
curly-me-naturally

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 14th June 2010, 4:55 pm

^^^^Pretty!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 14th June 2010, 6:03 pm

Very nice puff! just all pics , Sorry I have not posted in awhile ! - Page 3 Icon_biggrin
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 14th June 2010, 7:05 pm

Very cute pony puff!!!

How is your fitness journey coming along? I'm checking on you. I havent been over here in a while.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by curly-me-naturally 14th June 2010, 9:59 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:^^^^Pretty!

Thank you Mrs. Chrs !

jlowman1 wrote:Very nice puff! just all pics , Sorry I have not posted in awhile ! - Page 3 Icon_biggrin

Thanks a bunch !

Lynnieluve wrote:Very cute pony puff!!!

How is your fitness journey coming along? I'm checking on you. I havent been over here in a while.

thank you Mrs . Lynnie

For my fitness I am still working out , I missed some days on this past weekend , but I made it up on saturday for my son's birthday party . we ran all over the park where we had the party . In Japan there are hills and stairs everywhere, they really believe in getting exercise here ! lol
Still drinking my water and trying to eat right . I've lost some weight but I think I'm going to exercise twice a day to meet my goal for the end of the month .

And Exercising is getting easier , as I continue to do it , which makes me feel good .
curly-me-naturally
curly-me-naturally

Back to top Go down

Post by curly-me-naturally 14th June 2010, 10:06 pm

On my hair I have discovered that my hair does not like WNG's .....twizzy say no, no, no ! she feels so icky !
So back to some protective style ...sorry no WNG for me anymore just all pics , Sorry I have not posted in awhile ! - Page 3 Icon_pale , I don't like all the knots she's getting and how dry she feels .

But on another note I did get my Qhemets ghee and alma & olive heavy cream , and twizzy is practically pushing me to the sink ...lol

I will let ya'll know the turn out .
curly-me-naturally
curly-me-naturally

Back to top Go down

Post by curly-me-naturally 21st June 2010, 2:33 am

well I did my hair a couple of days ago and I used my Qhemet's products . so I used shampoo this time , which I usually don't do . but I felt like it needed it .

I used Aussie moist shampoo, conditioned with suave coconut condish , and deep condish with the aussie moist 3 minute miracle .....that stuff made my hair so soft , it was beautiful.

so I applied my Ghee and really i didn't feel like it detangled all that well , but I'll try it again.
so then I started twisting my hair and I used the amla & olive heavy cream .
this stuff is great it made hair so shiny and very soft and it really let my curls pop and the twist were really springy .
so I do really like it and my hair stays moisturized and I did not have to put anything else on it !!!
Here are some pics
just all pics , Sorry I have not posted in awhile ! - Page 3 Dsc01510
just all pics , Sorry I have not posted in awhile ! - Page 3 Dsc01511

just all pics , Sorry I have not posted in awhile ! - Page 3 Dsc01512
just all pics , Sorry I have not posted in awhile ! - Page 3 Dsc01513
curly-me-naturally
curly-me-naturally

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 21st June 2010, 7:52 am

That style is really lovely! Did you use the Cocoa detangling ghee on wet hair? I think it works better with detangling on dry hair.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 21st June 2010, 9:29 am

Very cute!!! I like how you did the front.

I agree with Krazy coils. The Ghee works really well on detangling dry hair!!! I've used it to refresh my twist outs. Amazing!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 21st June 2010, 10:01 am

I don't know what you use on your WNGs, but I found that when I started rinsing the regular conditioner all the way out and putting on a leave-in and oil (EVOO) to seal instead it didn't get dry which kept it from knotting up, plus when you do the WNG make sure to detangle thoroughly while the conditioner is in, and don't rub it when you are rinsing it out just run your hands over it in the direction of the water (that also cuts down on tangles). Maybe you can try that?

Your style looks great! I envy everyone who can cornrow because my hair and fingers just aren't cooperating with my desire to learn. LOL!
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next