CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TWA Growth Challenge Month 2

+32
tresmom08
NaturallyDee*
MellowOne
tiffyd
chica rosa
KnottyKinkyMommy
chscott_77
Adina
WhosThatRedHead
bigsargewifey
cutiezphib
new-naturalle
DvaAuNaturel
TwistedKurlzz
Elasstikwaistlyne
pfarley
MzLaLaRochelle
Karameldiva1978
MissNaturalBeautii
SoulfulSista
tashafawn24
curlynattie10
LadyMika
mstokes2008
LaToya28
iri9109
NubieNatty
marhia
~JOME~
newcurlieque
missmoriah
CrissyQ
36 posters

Page 9 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 19  Next

Go down

TWA Growth Challenge Month 2 - Page 9 Empty Re: TWA Growth Challenge Month 2

Post by LaToya28 20th June 2010, 12:04 am

bigsargewifey wrote:Checking in. Have been absent because I just had my baby girl, Zoe, on May 27th!

So here are some shots of March 12th BC...

...and what my hair is doing now. It's about 4 inches now. Today I used the Bee Mine line to put in larger twists. I like the turnout but need to work on spacing. Excuse the tired look on my face. Sleep is hard to get these days : )

Congrats on yout baby girl. She's beautiful! Your hair is looking good!

Elasstikwaistlyne wrote:Here are my June styles. I posted it in the other thread and then I realized there are more styles posted here....so sorry for posting twice ladies.

Braid and coil

Cornrows

Puff

Good job girl!

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 20th June 2010, 11:39 am

I love this particular topic. I shaved my head because I had bald spots on my sides due to stress and illness. And after shaving my hair I decided not to relax my hair anymore. I shaved my head back in January and it's been growing. The pic I have posted was taken right after I shaved my head. Now I have some growth and I'm excited to see what my hair can do. I'll post some pick this week of my TWA.

But I just wanna thank ya! I think taking pictures of my progress is a great way to see that my hair is growing. People tell me it's growing but I really didn't see it.

Now I'm just trying to work on getting it healthy.

Thanks agin! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by curlynattie10 20th June 2010, 1:15 pm

Welcome WhosThatRedHead! I agree with you. Posting pictures really show that our hair is growing! I keep comparing pictures to my avi to see the growth because I can not see it everyday. So I encourage others to keep posting pics - it's showing progress!

Also, I read the definition of the twa and hopefully by the end of this challenge none of us will fit it. I believe the purpose of this thread to see growth from the BC, from the TWA.

With this thread, I have gotten inspired and ideas that I can actually do something with my hair! I still rock the wash and gos and rock the headband too, but I have practiced with coils which I never would have done without finding a youtube video from this thread.

So keep posting sistas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] and don't get discouraged! I need all the help and support I can get!
curlynattie10
curlynattie10

Back to top Go down

Post by Adina 20th June 2010, 1:52 pm

Hey fabulous divas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]. This sounds like a great idea, I won't transfer from my first post but will use this thread as a way to update the current status of my hair as well as continue to learn from all you lovely ladies!!! Just a refresher, my last perm was Oct 3rd 2009 & my BC was May 7th 2010. Here's what my hair looked like during this time frame:

The permed days
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My transitioning day (Sengelase twist)

My BC [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

A month later (the result of a two-strand twist)

I took a measurement today & according to my measuring tape, my hair is now about 3in. I've changed my regimen just a little: Either every Fri or Sat I wash my hair with my favorite shampoo Dr. Woods Pure Peppermint/Shea Butter castile soap, I was using my own mix as a DC but I've begun using Palmer's Olive Oil Formula Organi Gro Deep Conditioner with EVOO (this product smells amazing & leaves my hair very managable!) which depending on which day I wash I either sleep with it over night or leave in for about a few hours. I also use a lil Mega-Tek on my wash days. I've mixed it with some Sweet Almond oil which I believe prevents the shedding some users have experience. I end my ritual with Creme of Nature's Lemongrass & Rosemary Leave-In Conditioner which I'm not to crazy about the smell but my hair seems to love it so I'll make her happy [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]. Once I'm done I apply unrefined shea butter & EVCO, I let my hair air dry just a little before I begin two-strand twisting my hair (I find I love my end results better than twisting on wet hair). My weekend plans depict how long I keep my twist in for. I also co-wash when I'm not twisting my hair and I use either V05 Herbal Escapes moisturizing Conditioner, V05 Tea Therapy Nourishing Conditioner or Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Moisturizing Conditioner. May 29th was my first Cassia Treatment which I purchased from Butters n Bars and the results were great!! Hair felt stronger as well as more manageable. I mixed it with hot water, castor oil, honey & evco, I slept with it over night and rinsed out the next morning. This past week has been an amazing one!! After my washing ritual last Sat, all I did was apply a little water to my hair at night before bed along with some Cantu Shea Butter Daily Oil Moisturizer lotion and then shaking my hair out with some coconut oil and sweet almond oil. My two-strand lasted the whole week without me having to do it over, I was totally shocked. I'm loving everyyyyyyy moment of my newfound nappiness and can't wait to see what the future holds for me!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Adina on 20th June 2010, 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Adina
Adina

Back to top Go down

Post by chscott_77 20th June 2010, 3:13 pm

Hey Everybody, did not know that we were moving the challenge to this tread so I just copied and pasted my progress over here from the previous challenge. Are we not going to do that challenge anymore?

I have not posted in a while busy with work but I have been able to log on and check out everyone's progess. Everyone hair is growing really well.

Congrats Crissy on your 3 months, we BC'ed on the same day.

Curlynattie, I agree with you I am so inspired to try new styles. I love your hair Latoya28 I have been checking out all your wonderful styles.

WhosThat RedHead congrats on your BC and welcome!

Adina your hair looks great and is growing really fast.

My 3 month anniversary was on June 17th and I expericence major growth. I have did a henna treatment for the 4th time. I will say that the rainbow henna sucks, does not sift very well and does not have a fine texture. I was able to order Jamila henna and it came it the mail on yesterday. I did three treatments with the Rainbow henna and one treatment with Dulhan henna that I found in a local Indian shop, I really love the Dulhan and will def. get more when I run out of my Jamila supply. I loved the results. I am offically a henna head. I still have the same routine with Cantu Shea butter, Ecostyler, and Long Aid activator.

chscott_77
chscott_77

http://chscott77.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 20th June 2010, 7:43 pm

hey everyone, sorry I have been missing in action with pics but my camera is dead. I did do a coil out and i loved it. That provs to me that m hair is growing. i have not taken masurements yet but i will and post them in july.

everyone is looking great, welcome to all the newbies.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 20th June 2010, 9:42 pm

WhosThatRedHead wrote:I love this particular topic. I shaved my head because I had bald spots on my sides due to stress and illness. And after shaving my hair I decided not to relax my hair anymore. I shaved my head back in January and it's been growing. The pic I have posted was taken right after I shaved my head. Now I have some growth and I'm excited to see what my hair can do. I'll post some pick this week of my TWA.

But I just wanna thank ya! I think taking pictures of my progress is a great way to see that my hair is growing. People tell me it's growing but I really didn't see it.

Now I'm just trying to work on getting it healthy.

Thanks agin! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Welcome to the challenge. Can't wait to see your pics!

curlynattie10 wrote:Welcome WhosThatRedHead! I agree with you. Posting pictures really show that our hair is growing! I keep comparing pictures to my avi to see the growth because I can not see it everyday. So I encourage others to keep posting pics - it's showing progress!

Also, I read the definition of the twa and hopefully by the end of this challenge none of us will fit it. I believe the purpose of this thread to see growth from the BC, from the TWA.

With this thread, I have gotten inspired and ideas that I can actually do something with my hair! I still rock the wash and gos and rock the headband too, but I have practiced with coils which I never would have done without finding a youtube video from this thread.

So keep posting sistas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] and don't get discouraged! I need all the help and support I can get!

ITA with you curlynattie. You ladies inspire me so much so keep on posting!

Adina wrote:Hey fabulous divas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]. This sounds like a great idea, I won't transfer from my first post but will use this thread as a way to update the current status of my hair as well as continue to learn from all you lovely ladies!!! Just a refresher, my last perm was Oct 3rd 2009 & my BC was May 7th 2010. Here's what my hair looked like during this time frame:

The permed days

My transitioning day (Sengelase twist)

My BC [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

A month later (the result of a two-strand twist)

I took a measurement today & according to my measuring tape, my hair is now about 3in. I've changed my regimen just a little: Either every Fri or Sat I wash my hair with my favorite shampoo Dr. Woods Pure Peppermint/Shea Butter castile soap, I was using my own mix as a DC but I've begun using Palmer's Olive Oil Formula Organi Gro Deep Conditioner with EVOO (this product smells amazing & leaves my hair very managable!) which depending on which day I wash I either sleep with it over night or leave in for about a few hours. I also use a lil Mega-Tek on my wash days. I've mixed it with some Sweet Almond oil which I believe prevents the shedding some users have experience. I end my ritual with Creme of Nature's Lemongrass & Rosemary Leave-In Conditioner which I'm not to crazy about the smell but my hair seems to love it so I'll make her happy [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]. Once I'm done I apply unrefined shea butter & EVCO, I let my hair air dry just a little before I begin two-strand twisting my hair (I find I love my end results better than twisting on wet hair). My weekend plans depict how long I keep my twist in for. I also co-wash when I'm not twisting my hair and I use either V05 Herbal Escapes moisturizing Conditioner, V05 Tea Therapy Nourishing Conditioner or Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Moisturizing Conditioner. May 29th was my first Cassia Treatment which I purchased from Butters n Bars and the results were great!! Hair felt stronger as well as more manageable. I mixed it with hot water, castor oil, honey & evco, I slept with it over night and rinsed out the next morning. This past week has been an amazing one!! After my washing ritual last Sat, all I did was apply a little water to my hair at night before bed along with some Cantu Shea Butter Daily Oil Moisturizer lotion and then shaking my hair out with some coconut oil and sweet almond oil. My two-strand lasted the whole week without me having to do it over, I was totally shocked. I'm loving everyyyyyyy moment of my newfound nappiness and can't wait to see what the future holds for me!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Me either! Good job on your progress.

chscott_77 wrote:Hey Everybody, did not know that we were moving the challenge to this tread so I just copied and pasted my progress over here from the previous challenge. Are we not going to do that challenge anymore?

I have not posted in a while busy with work but I have been able to log on and check out everyone's progess. Everyone hair is growing really well.

Congrats Crissy on your 3 months, we BC'ed on the same day.

Curlynattie, I agree with you I am so inspired to try new styles. I love your hair Latoya28 I have been checking out all your wonderful styles.

WhosThat RedHead congrats on your BC and welcome!

Adina your hair looks great and is growing really fast.

My 3 month anniversary was on June 17th and I expericence major growth. I have did a henna treatment for the 4th time. I will say that the rainbow henna sucks, does not sift very well and does not have a fine texture. I was able to order Jamila henna and it came it the mail on yesterday. I did three treatments with the Rainbow henna and one treatment with Dulhan henna that I found in a local Indian shop, I really love the Dulhan and will def. get more when I run out of my Jamila supply. I loved the results. I am offically a henna head. I still have the same routine with Cantu Shea butter, Ecostyler, and Long Aid activator.

Hey long time no see! Your hair is looking great as usual and good job on sticking to your routine. I need to do that as well. Thanks for the compliment.

CrissyQ wrote:hey everyone, sorry I have been missing in action with pics but my camera is dead. I did do a coil out and i loved it. That provs to me that m hair is growing. i have not taken masurements yet but i will and post them in july.

everyone is looking great, welcome to all the newbies.

Dang, I wanna see the coil out!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

LaToya28

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 20th June 2010, 9:48 pm

I did these twists last week. I really had no idea how they would turn out, I just started twisting. I took them out yesterday so now I'm wearing a twistout. It's cute, but I cannot wait for wash day! Hope y'all are having a wonderful day. Happy Father's day to all my sistas parenting solo!

LaToya28

Back to top Go down

Post by missmoriah 21st June 2010, 2:05 am

LaToya you are so showing out with these styles miss lady!!! they look great! i wish i could try that but my parting skills, especially in the back, SUCK!!!! but that is such a cute style. what do you use to twist? and do you have any suggestions on the parting?
missmoriah
missmoriah

http://xmarvelousme.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 21st June 2010, 2:40 am

Thanks missmoriah, but I'm really bad at parting too. If you enlarge the pics you can see that my parts are not straight at all. When I get to areas I can't see that well I mostly go by feel or I'll use a small handheld mirror to help me see the back. I also use duckbill clips to keep the hair out of the way after I make a part. I hope this helps. If I can think of more tips I'll let you know, but it really is just trial and error. I don't really plan the styles I just start twisting and see what I come up with. Try it out--you might just surprise yourself!

This time I use Hairveda's Whipped Gelly to twist. I like it because it kept the hair soft and moisturized. I haven't had to re-moisturize which is a plus.

LaToya28

Back to top Go down

Post by Elasstikwaistlyne 21st June 2010, 7:00 am

LOVE that style Latoya. You are extremely creative with your styles. You're the TWA styling guru!
Elasstikwaistlyne
Elasstikwaistlyne

Back to top Go down

Post by Adina 21st June 2010, 11:29 am

@chscott_77 thx for the comments!! I love your curls & your rocking that headband!!

@LaToya28 your twist look awesome! I may try a braidout this week & see how those results look...pray for me, lolol

@missmoriah, I totally love your hair [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Adina
Adina

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 21st June 2010, 12:20 pm

Elasstikwaistlyne wrote:LOVE that style Latoya. You are extremely creative with your styles. You're the TWA styling guru!

Aww thanks lady [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Adina wrote:@chscott_77 thx for the comments!! I love your curls & your rocking that headband!!

@LaToya28 your twist look awesome! I may try a braidout this week & see how those results look...pray for me, lolol

@missmoriah, I totally love your hair [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Thanks Adina. I want to try a braidout too, but I think I may need to blowdry it first so that it stretches a little more. Let us know how yours turns out.

LaToya28

Back to top Go down

Post by missmoriah 21st June 2010, 1:06 pm

@Adina Thanks doll! Wink
missmoriah
missmoriah

Back to top Go down

Post by curlynattie10 21st June 2010, 2:17 pm

Hey CrissyQ - I wanna see the coilout too! I have been trying it and I haven't gotten the results that I want!

Latoya, beautiful twists, how long did it take you to do?

ch_scott hair is definitely growing!

Miss moriah - cute avi!

Adina - Your texture looks similar to mine. I am going to try two strand twist out with the shea aloe mix and see how it goes!
curlynattie10
curlynattie10

Back to top Go down

Post by MzLaLaRochelle 21st June 2010, 4:17 pm

Hey Ladies, I'm currently on my second finger coil, but I'm just now posting pics from the first one..sorry!:

I followed a method I saw in a tutorial on youtube (the name slips me!). I co-washed w/Yes to Cucumbers then rubbed conditioner throughout my hair. I then rubbed in KCKT, slabbed on KCCC on parted sections, & just pulled pieces of hair out quickly twisting them around my finger. It took 10-12hrs to fully dry..but it lasted for at least a week..I only took it down b/c I wanted to DC, but the hairstyle was still in tact.
MzLaLaRochelle
MzLaLaRochelle

http://public.fotki.com/MzLaLaRochelle/

Back to top Go down

Post by missmoriah 21st June 2010, 6:05 pm

MzLala. I love that style. I don't understand how you do it like that. Whenever i do finger coils they are really tight and uniform I want mine to look like yours. Can you find the video for us?
missmoriah
missmoriah

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 21st June 2010, 7:25 pm

curlynattie10 wrote:Hey CrissyQ - I wanna see the coilout too! I have been trying it and I haven't gotten the results that I want!

Latoya, beautiful twists, how long did it take you to do?

ch_scott hair is definitely growing!

Miss moriah - cute avi!

Adina - Your texture looks similar to mine. I am going to try two strand twist out with the shea aloe mix and see how it goes!

Thanks curlynattie, it took me about an hour and 45 minutes.

LaToya28

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 21st June 2010, 7:26 pm

missmoriah wrote:MzLala. I love that style. I don't understand how you do it like that. Whenever i do finger coils they are really tight and uniform I want mine to look like yours. Can you find the video for us?

Ditto!

LaToya28

Back to top Go down

Post by KnottyKinkyMommy 21st June 2010, 7:27 pm

Been gone for a minute but I'ze back now!

Anyhow, I just want to say that ya'll are really styling these TWA's--definitely putting me to shame. I never style my hair, its always wrapped up or under a wig...but I digress.

My hair is super duper thick and is growing in nicely. No complaints in that department.

I am oh so in love with Castor Oil. Words just cannot convey how much my hair loves this stuff--and to think I've slept on it for so long. My hair hates oils but loves the Castor Oil for some reason.

Shrinkage is killer. I can not and will not ever comb my hair when its dry...I tried it...and I can't explain to you how much hair was in the comb when I looked down...won't be doing that again.

I've got to step my style game up--and when I do, I will def post up some pics for you guys.

Over and Out
KnottyKinkyMommy
KnottyKinkyMommy

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 22nd June 2010, 12:04 pm

Here is that coil out I promised

CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 22nd June 2010, 12:12 pm

Looks good Crissy!! I love that color too.

LaToya28

Back to top Go down

Post by curlynattie10 22nd June 2010, 2:27 pm

Beautiful Crissy! have to practice when I get some down time.
curlynattie10
curlynattie10

Back to top Go down

Post by marhia 22nd June 2010, 3:20 pm

here is my coil out and braid in the front for today

marhia
marhia

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 22nd June 2010, 3:58 pm

LaToya28 wrote:
missmoriah wrote:MzLala. I love that style. I don't understand how you do it like that. Whenever i do finger coils they are really tight and uniform I want mine to look like yours. Can you find the video for us?

Ditto!

It's cute!
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 19  Next