CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TWA Growth Challenge Month 2

+32
tresmom08
NaturallyDee*
MellowOne
tiffyd
chica rosa
KnottyKinkyMommy
chscott_77
Adina
WhosThatRedHead
bigsargewifey
cutiezphib
new-naturalle
DvaAuNaturel
TwistedKurlzz
Elasstikwaistlyne
pfarley
MzLaLaRochelle
Karameldiva1978
MissNaturalBeautii
SoulfulSista
tashafawn24
curlynattie10
LadyMika
mstokes2008
LaToya28
iri9109
NubieNatty
marhia
~JOME~
newcurlieque
missmoriah
CrissyQ
36 posters

Page 14 of 19 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next

Go down

TWA Growth Challenge Month 2 - Page 14 Empty Re: TWA Growth Challenge Month 2

Post by Adina 3rd July 2010, 3:32 pm

tiffyd wrote:Hello everyone. I've been a lurker on CN for some time now. I comment here are there, but I've never really posted. I thought this was a wonderful post idea... These posts have allowed me an opportunity to compare my growth with several of you ladies. I thought it was time for me to post some pics of myself... so here goes.

I tranisitioned from Oct 2009 to May 08, 2010. I did my initial mini BC myself. After that I went to a stylist for comb twists. When she finished coiling my hair, she cut off the rest of my straight pieces. That was on May 12, 2010. Here is a pic of that:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'm at work, so I am unable to measure my hair. A week or so ago, I was able to measure the sides... I had a little over 3 inches. I don't have a real regimine yet. I pre-poo before washes, I try to co-wash 2 times a week, I deep condition when needed and I also baggy every now and then. I use lots of products. Jane Carter, Quemet, Giovonni (sp), and CD Healthy Hair Butter (love it!). I have several home-made spritzers. I have a AloeVera mix (AloeVera Juice, Distilled water, Jojoba Oil) and A Honey mix (Honey, Castor Oil, Distilled water, tea tree and peppermint oil). A combination of all of that has been working for me so far... but it's only been a month. I have a few pics that were taken from June 12-June 21st.

I'll try to post specifics with length at a later time. Thanks for reading.

I loveeeee your style!! Can't wait for more growth so I really can get into styling!
Adina
Adina

Back to top Go down

Post by Adina 3rd July 2010, 3:44 pm

CrissyQ wrote:
newcurlieque wrote:Missmoriah your curls look luscious even with the white balls lol.

I agree

I agree as well, I would loveee for my curls to look like that...seems as if my curls are still trying to find themselves...experiencing less frizz @ the end of my coils...thinking of trying this Eco Styler Gel with Olive Oil & see if I will get more curl definition.

P.S. - You ladies are a true inspiration [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] (he's to cute, couldn't resist, LOL) but that's how I feel after reading everyone's post!
Adina
Adina

Back to top Go down

Post by curlynattie10 3rd July 2010, 6:24 pm

I am posting my stats for July -

hair is from 2 & 1/4 inches (front) to 2 & 3/4 inches in the back. Got a hair cut on June 9th planning to get another one in August (get a trim every other month). Thinking about getting coils done from my stylist so I can leave my hair alone for a month.

Here are my pics! Definitely noticed that my hair is thicker and I finished my castor oil challenge, it helped a lot using it as a part of my regimen.

My regimen is back to cowashing everyday because summer heat is drying my hair fast.

Using Yes to Cucumbers everyday as a leave in along with pretty natural leave in conditioner & shea moisture curl smoothie.

Last edited by curlynattie10 on 3rd July 2010, 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : remove links from post)
curlynattie10
curlynattie10

Back to top Go down

Post by missmoriah 3rd July 2010, 11:53 pm

Hey ladies! I know I have been MIA lately. Just havnt found the time Sad Everyone is looking great though. I dont think I will be participating in natural afro day. I got my hair braided up on the sides ill post pics tomorrow Smile have a good night!
missmoriah
missmoriah

http://xmarvelousme.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tashafawn24 4th July 2010, 1:38 am

Ooooo, I forgot about National Afro Day! Man! I didn't have any plans on re-doing my hair for tomorrow. I guess I can do something. I've been MIA also but I did manage to take pictures of my hair yesterday to show you all my hair that was a 4-day wash n go (a new record for me) [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I also henna'd my hair again on Monday! Yay for henna! My hair is so black that the color doesn't show up to well in my hair but that's okay because my hair is soooo soft afterwards.

tashafawn24
tashafawn24

Back to top Go down

Post by curlynattie10 4th July 2010, 10:15 am

Hair looks great Tasha fawn! It is growing in well! You are really convincing me on the henna!
curlynattie10
curlynattie10

Back to top Go down

Post by missmoriah 4th July 2010, 10:23 am

Tasha Tasha Tasha Your hair looks beautiful. Its is growing in very nicely.
missmoriah
missmoriah

http://xmarvelousme.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Karameldiva1978 4th July 2010, 11:06 am

Hiiiiiiiiiii Ladiessssssss!

Everyone looks so good and so glamorous! The TWA'ers will definitely have graduated by the end of fall with growth at this rate. I have been looking in here and there, but hadn't made the time to post b/c I have pictures from vacation to add. Dh and I took the kids to Six Flags and Sea World in San Antonio. We had a blast and I fell in love with the city scenery!! It was in San Antonio that I wore my first headband on my 1 month nappiversary! Ooooohhhh, I am in love with my natural hair. Anywho, enough talking and let's see about posting the pics! **I can't get them to enlarge when you click them.** Anyone else use Photobucket for their pics? I'm open to any suggestions/tips. Thx!

Day 1 after BC (for comparison)

1 month Nappiversary (what a difference a month makes!)

Finally, I can headband my lil puff!

Goody headbands at Target! Way to rock!

I can't wait to see what July will bring, but I'm excited!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Karameldiva1978 on 4th July 2010, 11:12 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Trying to enlarge my pictures.)
Karameldiva1978
Karameldiva1978

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 4th July 2010, 2:58 pm

You ladies have had some great growth! I need to post a length check pic as well. Hope everyone is having a great 4th!

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by Karameldiva1978 4th July 2010, 3:53 pm

newcurlieque wrote:I did a w n g/braidout here it is:

does anyone else have a problem with their twistout being frizzy and fuzzy? I hate my twistout. I try not to separate it too much but if I don't it looks scalpy scratch IDK, I hope they don't look like that when my hair gets longer.

Very nice look!! I need to try this b/c it lengthens the hair nicely too. Btw I want those earrings!!! LOL
Karameldiva1978
Karameldiva1978

Back to top Go down

Post by pfarley 4th July 2010, 9:49 pm

July 2010

Same regimen and I'm still loving it...
- Co-wash w/ Herbal Essences Hello Hydration and use as leave in
- EVOO seals
- DC with same products whenever I feel like my hair needs a boost

I have a Mohawk of 3c hair and edges are 4a/b. I'm kinda rockin a fro because my Mohawk is impossible to twist at this stage. Can't wait to try some fun styles!

My hair was growing out and my hair started looking embarrassingly uneven because I did my own bc so I went to my hair dresser (who is also a natural) and she trimmed it up for me.

In these pics I have in HH and EVOO. My hair is dark brown not blond lol. Lighting in the basement at night was horrible.

pfarley
pfarley

http://www.allthingscouponing.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tashafawn24 5th July 2010, 8:24 pm

missmoriah wrote:Tasha Tasha Tasha Your hair looks beautiful. Its is growing in very nicely.

Thank you Missmoriah! It's getting thicker.
tashafawn24
tashafawn24

Back to top Go down

Post by tashafawn24 5th July 2010, 8:30 pm

curlynattie10 wrote:Hair looks great Tasha fawn! It is growing in well! You are really convincing me on the henna!

Thank you curlynattie, when you decide to henna your hair make sure you get the right kind of henna, it really makes a difference. I can't begin to tell you how soft my hair is just by using henna! I do my hair just about every two weeks.
tashafawn24
tashafawn24

Back to top Go down

Post by tashafawn24 5th July 2010, 8:34 pm

pfarley wrote:July 2010

Same regimen and I'm still loving it...
- Co-wash w/ Herbal Essences Hello Hydration and use as leave in
- EVOO seals
- DC with same products whenever I feel like my hair needs a boost

I have a Mohawk of 3c hair and edges are 4a/b. I'm kinda rockin a fro because my Mohawk is impossible to twist at this stage. Can't wait to try some fun styles!

My hair was growing out and my hair started looking embarrassingly uneven because I did my own bc so I went to my hair dresser (who is also a natural) and she trimmed it up for me.

In these pics I have in HH and EVOO. My hair is dark brown not blond lol. Lighting in the basement at night was horrible.

pfarley, your hair looks sooo soft! Shoot, I can't wait until my hair gets to your stage!! (Should I be careful of what I wish for...I'm lazy when it comes to doing my hair sometimes) [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
tashafawn24
tashafawn24

Back to top Go down

Post by tiffyd 6th July 2010, 12:43 pm

I know I am really late... but thank you for everyone's compliments and welcoming me to the forum. I put in some microbraids and I'm using Kimmaytube's leave in conditioner recipe (just more diluted with water)to spray on my scalp and braids. I only plan to leave these in for 4-6 weeks... so I will post pics of the growth after I take these out.
tiffyd
tiffyd

Back to top Go down

Post by pfarley 6th July 2010, 6:37 pm

@ tashafawn24

Your hair looks soft! I'm so interested in Henna but I already can't do anything with my hair because it is so straight in the middle. I just rock a TWA. When it gets longer and I can do twist outs I definitely want to try it! Does it make your hair red though? I know yours doesn't look red but do you mix something with it?
pfarley
pfarley

http://www.allthingscouponing.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 6th July 2010, 11:01 pm

MzLaLaRochelle wrote:***UPDATE Sooo, I researched Natural Hair salons around NYC & stumbled on Devachan Salon (creators of DevaCurl products) & I set up an appointment to get my hair colored. I was sooo scared, but this is the result:

I do want to get it lighter, so I'm considering a few things:
1) Using honey & lemon juice to lighten it
2) Using Henna to deepen the red color
3) Going back in roughly 2 months for highlights
(What do you guys think?? Maybe I should leave it as is?)

By the way, Here is a length check I did..probably won't do another until September 1st:

I think I may have graduated from TWA status...

I've been using honey and cinnamon to lighten my hair. I think I'm going to try some lemon juice this weekend. What mix are you using to lighten your hair?
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by tashafawn24 7th July 2010, 2:04 am

pfarley wrote:@ tashafawn24

Your hair looks soft! I'm so interested in Henna but I already can't do anything with my hair because it is so straight in the middle. I just rock a TWA. When it gets longer and I can do twist outs I definitely want to try it! Does it make your hair red though? I know yours doesn't look red but do you mix something with it?

If you have lighter colored hair then it will have a reddish tint to it. I have gray/white hairs (I've been sprouting those babies since I was 25) and they turn reddish orange. I do have a slight tint which you could see against the sunlight but nothing major. I mix my henna with lemon juice, a little olive oil, and a squirt of honey. Also, I have some looser textures in my hair as well and the henna tends to make it a lot more looser; not straight but definitely loose. I was told that it could be that lemon juice is a bit strong.
tashafawn24
tashafawn24

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 7th July 2010, 10:36 am

Hmmm..... all this talk about henna has me really curious. But since my hair is already red would it make it redder? (Probably a dumb question but I thought I would ask)
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by MzLaLaRochelle 7th July 2010, 12:39 pm

WhosThatRedHead wrote:
MzLaLaRochelle wrote:***UPDATE Sooo, I researched Natural Hair salons around NYC & stumbled on Devachan Salon (creators of DevaCurl products) & I set up an appointment to get my hair colored. I was sooo scared, but this is the result:

I do want to get it lighter, so I'm considering a few things:
1) Using honey & lemon juice to lighten it
2) Using Henna to deepen the red color
3) Going back in roughly 2 months for highlights
(What do you guys think?? Maybe I should leave it as is?)

By the way, Here is a length check I did..probably won't do another until September 1st:

I think I may have graduated from TWA status...

I've been using honey and cinnamon to lighten my hair. I think I'm going to try some lemon juice this weekend. What mix are you using to lighten your hair?

I haven't tried anything yet! lol I dyed it about a week ago. But honey & cinnamon sounds great..What's measurements do you use or do you just eye it? Over on the Henna board, a girl had her hair dyed my color & she henna'd & it was beautifully red. I may just try that instead of simply lightening it...
MzLaLaRochelle
MzLaLaRochelle

http://public.fotki.com/MzLaLaRochelle/

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 7th July 2010, 11:18 pm

@MzLaLaRochelle: I just eye it. A some honey and about 3 teaspoons of cinnamon, some conditioner and a bit of lemon juice. I found a receipe online, but I didn't have any distilled water. Gonna pick up some this weekend and try the receipe.
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturallyDee* 8th July 2010, 6:03 pm

everyone hairs looks amazing Smile

NaturallyDee*

Back to top Go down

Post by marhia 9th July 2010, 2:14 am

Tasha your hair is growing up over there. Looking good.
marhia
marhia

Back to top Go down

Post by newcurlieque 9th July 2010, 2:14 pm

Karameldiva1978 wrote:
newcurlieque wrote:I did a w n g/braidout here it is:

does anyone else have a problem with their twistout being frizzy and fuzzy? I hate my twistout. I try not to separate it too much but if I don't it looks scalpy scratch IDK, I hope they don't look like that when my hair gets longer.

Very nice look!! I need to try this b/c it lengthens the hair nicely too. Btw I want those earrings!!! LOL

Thanks lady, I got those earrings from www.blackonyxworld.com, they are sooooo huge but super cute!
newcurlieque
newcurlieque

Back to top Go down

Post by iri9109 9th July 2010, 5:33 pm

i havent updated in a minute...idk if im still a twa anymore technically but i still wanna be in the challenge until u kick me out lol

i dont evn do lenth checks anymore lol but its obviously growing
iri9109
iri9109

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content