CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twist Challenge Part 2: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!

+31
Beautifulyfe
TMS
Notthecoolmom
Buttercup76
BrownSkinDiva
natural813
Muz
Nikcoils
NhappyJackie
ChrsLvsBks
xtremelyperfect
dajewel
swoodward
coilylove
oooop2
CocoEuro
HappyCurly
deeply_rooted_chick
naturalhonney
Tahlove
TurquoizBlue
BlondeByDesire
Intelligentbeauty
MomnWife
Lynnieluve
Maricopa
CurlsGalore
sweetdrk1
bholmes87
NylaCoils
Heart2Worship
35 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Twist Challenge Part 2: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Twist Challenge Part 2: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!

Post by Lynnieluve 19th May 2010, 9:32 pm

I did the same thing....I applied my leave in, oil, then my shea butter mix....what's missing is something with "holding power." Week 4 I did my regular moisturizing routine but I use ORS Lock and Twist gel....my twist looked great all week. Week 5 (this week), used Eco-custard (homemade mix).....twist are holding up great.

The eco custard consist of Eco styler gel, EVOO, castor oil, and avocado oil. Love it!!

You dont have to use a lot either...I apply a little get to the section I right before I twist it.

I hope this helps.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Twist Challenge Part 2: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Twist Challenge Part 2: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!

Post by Maricopa 19th May 2010, 9:43 pm

Thanks, maybe that is what my twist needs. I have not tried the Eco-custard mix as of yet. I have the Eco styling gel w/aloe in it would that be ok to use in the mix as well. Also do you use equal amounts of each product for the mixture?
Maricopa
Maricopa

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 19th May 2010, 9:49 pm

Here's the recipe....got it from InspiredCoils on YouTube

1/2 cup of gel

1 tablespoon of EVOO

1 tablespoon of castor oil

1 tablespoon of avocado oil

I think you could any kind of gel....the combination of the gel and oil gives your hair hold without it being hard. Now it you are heavy handed, like I tend to be at times, it will be hard at first but each day it gets softer and softer.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by coilylove 19th May 2010, 9:51 pm

I was supposed to be doing finger coils and decided to put my twists back in. I noticed some of you said you do dry twists. What products do you use. I only wet twist so any advice would be helpful. Smile
coilylove
coilylove

Back to top Go down

Post by Maricopa 19th May 2010, 9:53 pm

Thanks sooooo very much.....I will try it this weekend. I have everything except the Avocado oil, which I will pick up tomorrow. I really appreciate it.
Maricopa
Maricopa

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 19th May 2010, 10:22 pm

I am happy with Sasha again!!! I did my twist over and coily I twist on dry hair because my shrinkage is out of control. I use Koils by Nature butter.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Nyla I agree and I too have found my staple for twisting...I will forever and always keep KBN butter on my shelves!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 19th May 2010, 10:25 pm

Sasha is gonna be fly in Vegas!!!! Looking good Sweet!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 19th May 2010, 10:40 pm

Thank you Lynn!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 19th May 2010, 11:14 pm

Coily love- The process that i use is this - I will co-wash my hair on a saturday night. Braid my hair in big braids. On Sunday morning/afternoon- I will do mini-twists on dry hair using Koils by nature butter and add KBN gel to have extra hold.
It takes on a similar appearance of Sweets- Here it is below:

NylaCoils
NylaCoils

http://coilyencounters.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 19th May 2010, 11:41 pm

love that Nyla!!!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by coilylove 19th May 2010, 11:42 pm

Sweet and Nyla your twists are pretty! I will have to try that next time....I don't have any kbn but maybe elasta qp mango butter will work the same way??
coilylove
coilylove

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 20th May 2010, 12:06 am

CoilyLove - When I do my twist on dry hair, I like to use my shea butter mix. I think the mango butter (never tried it before) should work for dry twist.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 20th May 2010, 12:19 am

LynnieLuve, that style is sooo nice. What's the longest you think the style in your avatar will stay in?
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by Heart2Worship 20th May 2010, 10:16 am

@nyla and sweet--your hair is cute! I can't wait until mine gets to that length. Sweet, how long has it been since your BC?

@lynnieluve--I sure was about to complain about my hair being frizzy this morning. It was so bad that I had to untwist my hair [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . (I will be cowashing and retwisting tonight.) Unfortunately my camera's battery is dead therefore I have no pics. Thanks for the info about adding the Ecostyler Custard. I too have to purchase some Avocado oil. To make sure that I understand correctly is this the order of your product application--leave-in, oil, shea mix, and then custard?
Heart2Worship
Heart2Worship

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 20th May 2010, 10:24 am

Thanks Swoodard! I probably could have lasted 2 weeks but I like to wash my hair weekly.

@ Heart 2 worship - Yes. I apply the leave in and oil. Then I let it dry a little bit. Then I apply the shea mix. I like to part my hair so when I part the row, I apply the custard to the row, then I twist.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 20th May 2010, 12:36 pm

thank you! Hearts2 I bc'd in Aug 09..this weekend I hit marks my 9th month!! I have no regrets AND I owe 95% of my success to this forum. I love my curly community!!

Coily ITA w/Lynn the Mango butter should work just fine.
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by Heart2Worship 20th May 2010, 12:39 pm

I totally agree! This forum got me threw my transition. I spent the majority of my day looking at all of you beautiful curlies!
Heart2Worship
Heart2Worship

Back to top Go down

Post by Heart2Worship 20th May 2010, 12:56 pm

What is a good way to moisturize your twist during the week?
Heart2Worship
Heart2Worship

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 20th May 2010, 1:14 pm

@heart2worship: i use a water-based conditioner and then seal with some type of butter or oil

guys, i have had my hair in twists for about a month now...can i take out my twists out today??? do i have to wait till saturday??
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by Heart2Worship 20th May 2010, 1:39 pm

does it matter if it's a creamy or liquid conditioner? I have a spray bottle with water and HEHH mixed and I am wondering if that contributed to my frizziness.
Heart2Worship
Heart2Worship

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 20th May 2010, 2:39 pm

Dajewel, I say go for it. You dont have to wait until the weekend.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 20th May 2010, 5:49 pm

Yeah dajewel rock a twistout!!!
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalhonney 20th May 2010, 7:14 pm

Heart2Worship I used sauve the coconut one with some of my oils mixed in it I don't have a problem.
naturalhonney
naturalhonney

Back to top Go down

Post by MomnWife 21st May 2010, 1:24 am

Lynnieluve wrote:Here's the recipe....got it from InspiredCoils on YouTube

1/2 cup of gel

1 tablespoon of EVOO

1 tablespoon of castor oil

1 tablespoon of avocado oil

I think you could any kind of gel....the combination of the gel and oil gives your hair hold without it being hard. Now it you are heavy handed, like I tend to be at times, it will be hard at first but each day it gets softer and softer.

Where do you get the avocado oil from?
MomnWife
MomnWife

http://www.youravon.com/dsumner

Back to top Go down

Post by xtremelyperfect 21st May 2010, 2:36 am

Hey ladies! I've been MIA and slacking on my twists challenge but I'm back and ready for action! Here are my twists for hopefully the next couple of weeks. Smile

xtremelyperfect
xtremelyperfect

http://fuckyeahnadia.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next