CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twist Challenge Part 2: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!

+31
Beautifulyfe
TMS
Notthecoolmom
Buttercup76
BrownSkinDiva
natural813
Muz
Nikcoils
NhappyJackie
ChrsLvsBks
xtremelyperfect
dajewel
swoodward
coilylove
oooop2
CocoEuro
HappyCurly
deeply_rooted_chick
naturalhonney
Tahlove
TurquoizBlue
BlondeByDesire
Intelligentbeauty
MomnWife
Lynnieluve
Maricopa
CurlsGalore
sweetdrk1
bholmes87
NylaCoils
Heart2Worship
35 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Twist Challenge Part 2: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!! - Page 7 Empty Re: Twist Challenge Part 2: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!

Post by NhappyJackie 27th May 2010, 3:06 pm

I think 6 weeks was long enough. It didn't start feeling "boring" until around the 5th week (but by then I was actually twisted for 10weeks). I'm pretty sure my hair loved it. It helped me to sober up from HIH disease. During the challenge, I felt motivated, proud, and anxious for results. This challenge was/is very beneficial. It taught me what products work best for my twists. And the styles that can be formed with them are amazing. Everyone here did a wonderful job with this challenge. Hopefully we can do it again.
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

Twist Challenge Part 2: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!! - Page 7 Empty Re: Twist Challenge Part 2: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!

Post by Lynnieluve 27th May 2010, 3:23 pm

The challenge was long enough. It would definitely be a great challenge for wintertime too.

Believe it or not, I learned something too during this challenge. If I want my twist to look nice for longer periods of time, I have to use a butter/gel combo now that Roxie is longer. Ooo, I am loving the ease of pin up dos. As soon as Roxie gets a little longer, I will be recreating some of CocoEuro's up dos. I love the simplicity of her styles. She's my twist pin up hair idol! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Updo's will be added to my style rotation.

Protective styles for me are a must. Roxie does not like to be out for more than 3 days at a time.....and one day 3 she is looking at me like this [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Plus my hair holds moisture better when it's twisted up.

Week 5 was rough for me. After I saw Krazy coils and CurlsGalore braid outs, I started wanting out of this challenge. I was ready to play in my hair. Then I saw pics of NHJackie's coils and wanted to try that. I just saw TerraD's and IB's BKO and now I want to try that. I love to be inspired by you guys but it's hard when it's during a hair challenge. Is it Saturday yet? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 27th May 2010, 5:32 pm

@Notthecoolmom, your hair is growing super fast. Pretty pin up. Man, your eyelids are perfect. I am checking out peep's lids now, crazy, lol!

@npmoore04, too cute!!

@xtremelyperfect, love the plumped twists! Yay for a ponytail!

@bholmes, wow, you did good with the pink stuff and oil, amazing results, love it![quote="bholmes87"]Oooo weee xtreme your hair is FABULOUS!!!!

@sweet, yeah, you did it! Your twists are very pretty!

@NhappyJackie, you're retaining your length, and it shows! Love this shot!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[quote="Notthecoolmom"]So overall how do you feel about this challenge...I know it was kind of 2 different versions of the challenge twists and pinned styles.

Do you think it was too long? Not long enough? Just right

Do you think your hair liked it or didn't like it? Think my hair liked it

How did you feel during the challenge? The second to last week. I was struggling. I was not motivated to do a style and just felt plain ole blah. I made lemons out of my lemonades.[/quote]

@-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------@
Here's my hair today. I applied Curls whipped cream to edges after spritzing hair with tea and my aloe/glycerin mix and adding Afroveda's Hibiscus hair oil to seal. I tied it down with a scarf and put on my bonnet. This morning, I applied a bit of the Curly Q custard to ends. To style, I left out two twists then made two ponies in back and tucked them under. I wanted a messy look so did not tuck in "runaway" twists when they came out.

Shot taken after 30 minute workout during my lunch hour. I had the AC on and the windows down. It's hot as heck today--low to mid-70s tomorrow.

ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Buttercup76 28th May 2010, 4:19 pm

I to think that 6 weeks was fair time for the challenge. I admit now that the sun is shining and the temp is nice I am ready for WnG especially since I big chopped last year in July with probably a half of inch of hair on my head and now I have about 4 inches or so... But I do see the importance of protective styling and this allowed me to master my two strand twisting skills and get a routine with washing my scalp and hair.
Buttercup76
Buttercup76

http://www.thegeminiexperience.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 28th May 2010, 5:51 pm

I think the time frame was perfect. I love that is was a challenge for me and as always the support in the community is second to none. What I love the most is I figured out my twist!! As well as found the perfect hair butter for Sasha!! So although I dreaded Sunday's I am so very happy I joined!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by xtremelyperfect 28th May 2010, 9:23 pm

Took my twists out! They were starting to loc. Oops lol. Anywhoo here's what the twistout looked like but I'm going to have myself a spa treatment tonight so it's short lived lol.

xtremelyperfect
xtremelyperfect

http://fuckyeahnadia.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TMS 28th May 2010, 9:45 pm

nice twistout xtreme.
TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 29th May 2010, 5:03 pm

I hope you guys really enjoyed the challenge and your hair flourished during these last 6 weeks!! If anyone has comparison shots from before and after the challenge, please share! Smile

I think my hair grew 1/2" or more during this challenge so I am very please cheers
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoEuro 29th May 2010, 6:53 pm

Wow!! We did it!!!

6 weeks was enough for me!!! however, Joan (my hair) and I are grateful!!! Protective styling (twists) does not have to be boring! We rocked the mess out of some two-stand twists!!! LOL!

I am going to continue with twists during the week, it is so easy for me in the mornings with the kiddies! I even put box braids in my baby's hair and pinned them! Her hair is much softer and is getting fuller!!!

Thanks ladies!!! It was fun! See you next challenge!!!
CocoEuro
CocoEuro

http://naturalcurlykinks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 29th May 2010, 10:56 pm

Bh- I havent forgotten you!!! I have been so busy!! I will send you a pm!! Also, can someone tell me how to change the topic of a post! Like how sweet did
Sweetdrk1 will be off the radar for a bit ... I did it once and cant figure it out again!

On another note...Now that the challenge is over....Dont be surprised ...If when you least expect it....SURPRISE...Ru pops out the closet to say.....

Sashe- Shante!! You better work

sashay shante
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

http://coilyencounters.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Buttercup76 30th May 2010, 8:10 pm

Well althought the challange is over. I am currently twisting my hair... LOL... I guess I am loving the protective styling. I did see a little growth and my hair appreciates the break from headbands and "puffs" ... Thanks again for the challenge...
Buttercup76
Buttercup76

http://www.thegeminiexperience.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lumii 31st May 2010, 11:01 am

I didn't really post any pictures in the last cozple pf days but I must say that I loooved this challenge! I just did some new twists on saturday bcause I didn't know what else to do!
I really wish to do something like this again in like 3 months!
lumii
lumii

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 31st May 2010, 11:36 am

this challenge was very beneficial and i agree, we should do it every quarter, i.e. 4-6 months at a time. its definitely help me reduce shedding by keepin it up and out the way as well as keep my hands well-behaved. PERFECT time frame 4-6 wks is perfect and i agree w/lynnie cuz i will sho' nuff do this again in the winter time.

throughout the summer i will still twist here n there becuz i NEED protective styles too.

thanx bh...til next time [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 1st June 2010, 11:47 am

Here are my comparison shots:
This pic was taken on 4/10, 9 days before the challenge began.

This pic was taken on 5/29.

So....yeah....I will definitely be participating in twist challenges in the future.
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by TMS 1st June 2010, 2:16 pm

NhappyJackie wrote:Here are my comparison shots:

So....yeah....I will definitely be participating in twist challenges in the future.

Whew, that's some nice growth! Great job.
TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 1st June 2010, 4:40 pm

I definately enjoyed the challenge. I kept my twist up fo rth elast 2 weeks and when I washed my hair this weekend I had less shedding then I thought I would. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I guess low manipulation is key. Now i am figuring out what to do with my hair, I started doing some box braids on the outer perimeterof my wash n go. but i am finding out i twist faster than I braid...decisions decisions. I really enjoyed these protective styles. I am also contemplating color. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoEuro 1st June 2010, 6:48 pm

NhappyJackie wrote:Here are my comparison shots:

Wow!!!!!
CocoEuro
CocoEuro

Back to top Go down

Post by agore07 2nd June 2010, 10:45 am

Hey ya'll

This challenge was amazing ! My very first challenge in the forum, and now twisting my hair for the week is second nature, I am on my 7th week and had my twist in since May 24, I actually cowashed/ conditioned with twist in for the first time on May 31 and braided my twist up with a butter. This was a first for me and my hair loved it !

I think I will just keep on with my twist, and twist out for no more than 3 days at a time, Amber ( my hair name) gets fiesty around day 3 twist out. I still do not plan on doing many wash n go's this summer, My hair loved twist with KCCC and KT so I plan on doing that for the summer, it's pretty light custard. I also plan on doing atleast 1 or 2 sets of kinky twist. This will give me longer protection time and all I have to worry with is my scalp. So I will be twisted out for the summer !

I really don't miss wearing my hair lose at all, those 2-3 days is good enough for me.

I got atleast 1/2" growth all around in this challenge and my hair is so healthy even my ends.

This challenge was right on time for me, during a time where I really needed the support and push for health hair.

I will def participate again.

cheers
agore07
agore07

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoEuro 3rd June 2010, 1:11 am

agore07 wrote:Hey ya'll

This challenge was amazing ! My very first challenge in the forum, and now twisting my hair for the week is second nature, I am on my 7th week and had my twist in since May 24, I actually cowashed/ conditioned with twist in for the first time on May 31 and braided my twist up with a butter. This was a first for me and my hair loved it !

I think I will just keep on with my twist, and twist out for no more than 3 days at a time, Amber ( my hair name) gets fiesty around day 3 twist out. I still do not plan on doing many wash n go's this summer, My hair loved twist with KCCC and KT so I plan on doing that for the summer, it's pretty light custard. I also plan on doing atleast 1 or 2 sets of kinky twist. This will give me longer protection time and all I have to worry with is my scalp. So I will be twisted out for the summer !

I really don't miss wearing my hair lose at all, those 2-3 days is good enough for me.

I got atleast 1/2" growth all around in this challenge and my hair is so healthy even my ends.

This challenge was right on time for me, during a time where I really needed the support and push for health hair.

I will def participate again.

cheers

Sounds like you have a good plan there! I am wearing my hair out so far this week and I am really missing the protective styling!! I feel like I'm leaving my hair out there to defend it's self! LOL! Silly me!
CocoEuro
CocoEuro

Back to top Go down

Post by TurquoizBlue 23rd June 2010, 5:51 pm

I'm going to stay with the twists for the remainder of the summer.

I took at week off and straightened my hair. I don't know why the frak I did that. I thought I might trim it, but I didn't. Been back in buns and twists since then.

I got some growth out of the this challenge too. My hair was right above APL, but now I can tuck it into my armpits.
TurquoizBlue
TurquoizBlue

http://www.thisiscrochet.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa101 23rd June 2010, 8:11 pm

I'll be twisting this summer too. For the past 4 weeks I've been twisting and washing my hair weekly and i'm already starting to see some growth. Very Happy
Nessa101
Nessa101

Back to top Go down

Post by agore07 23rd June 2010, 10:02 pm

Twist is def where it's at for me, as planned I am in my first set of kinky twist the goal is 6 wks, already down 1.

Here's to protection cheers
agore07
agore07

Back to top Go down

Post by TurquoizBlue 10th September 2010, 5:39 pm

Still twisting.
TurquoizBlue
TurquoizBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 10th September 2010, 6:53 pm

TurquoizBlue wrote:Still twisting.

Me too!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by TurquoizBlue 10th September 2010, 8:36 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:
TurquoizBlue wrote:Still twisting.

Me too!

Wow, I love your fro!!!!
TurquoizBlue
TurquoizBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next