CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics!

+60
kinksncurls
cyclingchick
NhappyJackie
Cherry: extraordinary!
nattyblog
SpringCurls
WhosThatRedHead
iri9109
coilykinks
MellowOne
MahoganyCurls
TriniCherryPrincess
QuietButterfly
curlsunfurled
naturalmommyGA
Karyn
xtremelyperfect
Keisha
mstokes2008
curly-me-naturally
TMS
swoodward
BrownSkinDiva
priceless
LaToya28
Muz
missmoriah
ChrsLvsBks
CrissyQ
Intelligentbeauty
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
CocoEuro
Pinkrage
LadyMika
Neems
Nikcoils
SheeTacular
Lynnieluve
BlondeByDesire
KinkyNappyHappy
ktoliver5303
CurlsGalore
jcanalena79
soleil
MsJay1121
jlowman1
TerraD
NubieNatty
sweetdrk1
FemmeFox
TheRYL1
poeticlyspkng
.:Eden:.
DvaAuNaturel
Juices-n-Berries
krazy coils
bholmes87
Curly_Aquarius
CocaColaCutie
AfrikanLatina
64 posters

Page 22 of 24 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Go down

bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 22 Empty Re: bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics!

Post by bholmes87 3rd December 2010, 11:30 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:Man o man! That hair is still amazing! I love the braid out! Did you do individual braids or cornrows?
Very Happy Thanks so much Sweet! I did invidual braids because I can't cornrow yet. I love the results!!
KinkyNappyHappy wrote:WOW..I have to agree with Sweet that hair is beautiful. Glad you are still taking pictures..**drooling** I love looking at your hair!!

So this is so late, but what where the results of the Glee audition? Just curious..
I love you Thank you KNH!! I am definitely still taking pictures!

Well the Glee audition videos were supposed to get replies on November 19. However I am hearing that they cancelled the open audition through video and are beginning open call auditions in different cities. Hopefully I can make it one in LA!!
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 22 Empty Re: bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics!

Post by bholmes87 3rd December 2010, 11:56 pm

Alright I'm back for more updates! Since I was supposed to be in a 6 month protective style challenge, I have mostly twists in November but I diverted from the plan a few times so there are still plenty of styles lol

I am on my way to a play my friend is in on her college campus so I haven't added the pictures yet but I will later on tonight! Or tomorrow lol. Promise!

I co-washed my twists (last pic from yesterday)

Then I did a twistout that weekend. My sister's boyfriend had a birthday get together and I think twistouts say party! Lol
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 22 Novemb16

I got twisted back up early the next week. Here's a bun I tried:
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 22 Novemb17

That Friday when I took the twists out in the morning, I didn't really like the results. I also didn't want my hair out because it had been out so much the past month. So I used 2 clips and up the twistout went! I laid down my edges with a bandana overnight because I anticipated a puff but decided to try something else Smile
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 22 Novemb18

That same night I went to the movies (I would call it a date but he didn't buy my ticket so the verdict is still out ... lol) and did a quick WnG because my hair felt a little dry
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 22 Novemb19

On that Saturday while I was bored at home I straightened my "bangs"
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 22 Novemb20

I don't like how dry my hair feels with WnG's so I twisted it up again Sunday night
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 22 Novemb21

We had a service the next Friday (it's called Praise Til You Drop!) so I took the twists out for that
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 22 Novemb22

Then that Saturday my friend came to SD to celebrate her birthday so we chilled downtown. While it was cold and raining. So my twistout turned into a nice fluffy fro afro
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 22 Img01210

Chlo went into puff mode for a few days after that. Basically until Thanksgiving. I shampooed and deep conditioned my hair overnight on that Wednesday night (while I caught up on Glee and ANTM and Hellcats and the Biggest Loser)
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 22 Novemb23

Then Thursday morning I blow dried my hair and this is how it turned out! (so it's a blow out)
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 22 Novemb24

Then I decided that same day that I kind of wanted to see my hair straight. So I took my crappy flat iron and put it on 16 heat setting out of 20. I went through each section with heat protectant and then swiped twice. This is what happened: it made my blow out look like Lynnie's Laughing it still looked like a blow dry but it laid down better, like so
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 22 Novemb25

I wore it in a banana clip for Thanksgiving, which was nice and relaxing Very Happy
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 22 Novemb26

Then I wore the blowout/light flat iron for the next 2 days. And on Sunday I did a bantu knot out! I hadn't done one is so long because they kind of make my head hurt (as mentioned before I am ridiculously tender headed)
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 22 Novemb27
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 22 Novemb28

And now I'm back to twists and I did an updo as well. I haven't put those pics on my computer yet but next time I will share those pics!

So now you're all caught up!!! Hooray!

Last edited by bholmes87 on 4th December 2010, 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
bholmes87
bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 4th December 2010, 1:34 am

Your hair is looking great as usual!
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by QuietButterfly 4th December 2010, 2:46 am

Your hair is still looking lovely!! You always do so many different styles.
QuietButterfly
QuietButterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 4th December 2010, 11:42 pm

Okay 2 quick and very exciting things:

I went to FIDM (FAshion Institute of Design and Merchandising) at the San Diego campus with my sister and my mom because baby sis wants to go there for interior design and they had an open house. It's right downtown and has the greatest vibe to it. You would feel like you were going to work rather than school because it's in an office building with tons of windows right outside Petco park! You could watch the baseball game or a concert right from the study area. How cool is that?!

The exciting part is that they had a great guest speaker: Nick Verreos! If you don't know him by name you would know his face. He was on Project Runway season 2. He told us his fashion industry story and took pics with us afterwards. He was hilarious and full of soooooo much energy!!! Plus he showed us his spring collection of absolutely stunning and gorgeous dresses. He is fabulous dahling Cool
(I took a picture with him so I'll add that later!)

The second very exciting news is that I'm going to see The Color Purple tonight!!!!!! dance

The Broadway cast is here in San Diego for the weekend and I got half off tickets that were $43!! Hooray! I'm wearing a twistout for it and I am super juiced about seeing it!

Hope your weekends are fabulous! afro
bholmes87
bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 5th December 2010, 1:07 am

Your hair and the different styles are gorgeous as always! I remember Nick and I loved him on Project Runway and wanted him to win that season. Can't wait to see the pics.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 5th December 2010, 4:51 am

Hey lady,

Good to see you still doing your thang. I love that bantu knot out!!
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Keisha 5th December 2010, 5:22 am

loving the hair B... how did you like the play? I saw it a year ago when Michelle from Destiny's Child played Celie, she did a good job. The play was awesome.
Keisha
Keisha

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 6th December 2010, 11:28 pm

Juices-n-Berries wrote:Your hair is looking great as usual!
Thank you so much JnB!! Smile
QuietButterfly wrote:
Your hair is still looking lovely!! You always do so many different styles.
Very Happy Thank you QB!! I try to keep it interesting lol
krazy coils wrote:Your hair and the different styles are gorgeous as always! I remember Nick and I loved him on Project Runway and wanted him to win that season. Can't wait to see the pics.
Aww thank KC!!!! Yeah I loved him too. He was so good and I think he should have won but he's doing his thing!
Intelligentbeauty wrote:Hey lady,

Good to see you still doing your thang. I love that bantu knot out!!
*waving* Hey IB!!! I'm glad to be back! And thank you Smile
Keisha wrote:loving the hair B... how did you like the play? I saw it a year ago when Michelle from Destiny's Child played Celie, she did a good job. The play was awesome.
Why thank you Keisha darling!! I LOVED the play!!!!!!! I thought it was awesome. I bet Michelle was great as Celie
bholmes87
bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 7th December 2010, 8:18 am

Ok you are killing em with the hair! Your weekend sounds fab! Thanks for sharing! I will bb to see pics!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 7th December 2010, 12:15 pm

ooh girl you are doing a lot with your hair! if i weren't so lazy i'd be like you! i'll be back for pics and to see how you liked the play. I saw it a couple years ago when Fantasia played Celie.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 7th December 2010, 1:28 pm

Hey Bholmes! So many great styles. Your hair is just like you- always on the move! Smile I love it!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 8th December 2010, 2:01 pm

Hey baby girl!! ** hugging you real tight** It's good to see you. Loving the styles as usual!! Don't stay away that long anymore! You hear me!! Smooches.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by funkyhairchic 9th December 2010, 2:42 pm

Hey B!!! I feel like we've all been MIA here lately. You never cease to amaze me, girl! Chloe is looking fabulous as always! Your hair is getting so long! You always hold it down when it comes to hair inspiration! Keep it up, lovely!
funkyhairchic
funkyhairchic

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 16th December 2010, 6:52 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:Ok you are killing em with the hair! Your weekend sounds fab! Thanks for sharing! I will bb to see pics!

CocaColaCutie wrote:ooh girl you are doing a lot with your hair! if i weren't so lazy i'd be like you! i'll be back for pics and to see how you liked the play. I saw it a couple years ago when Fantasia played Celie.
LOL you are too funny!! I didn't actually take that many pics but I will try to put those few up
poeticlyspkng wrote:Hey Bholmes! So many great styles. Your hair is just like you- always on the move! Smile I love it!
Smile Thank you poeticly!!!!
SheeTacular_Napps wrote:Hey baby girl!! ** hugging you real tight** It's good to see you. Loving the styles as usual!! Don't stay away that long anymore! You hear me!! Smooches.
Embarassed I won't stay away that long sis!! No more. Love you I love you
Funkyhairchic wrote:Hey B!!! I feel like we've all been MIA here lately. You never cease to amaze me, girl! Chloe is looking fabulous as always! Your hair is getting so long! You always hold it down when it comes to hair inspiration! Keep it up, lovely!
You know I feel the same way. We all got busy and it's not that we forgot about our CN fam but the postings got fewer and far between. Your hair has been constantly fabulous!
bholmes87
bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 16th December 2010, 9:07 pm

OH.EM.GEEEE!!!!! I am so excited you guys! One year ago I cut off the rest of my relaxed ends!!

woot! dance woot! dance woot! dance woot! dance woot! dance woot! dance

I never knew I would love my hair so much, let alone love doing my hair! I always used to dread combing or washing or doing anything to my hair. But now I can't wait for wash day! I thought possibly my love for my curls would have died after nearly a year of transitioning and a year of being natural but I am still quite enthralled I love you

Don't get me wrong, I still have to work on retaining moisture and also having shine in my hair. But I have enjoyed every day of this journey!!!!! Not only that, I am still obsessed with youtube videos and blogs about natural hair! This has definitely not been a phase and I am going to continue to grow and care for Chlo until 1) she stops growing or 2) I can't deal with the length anymore

I will work on some comparison pictures and get those up as soon as possible! Love you guys afro
bholmes87
bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 16th December 2010, 9:23 pm

happy nappiversary!!! congrats on reaching such a milestone. you have learned a lot and your styles are fabulous. wishing you the same success in year two!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 16th December 2010, 11:39 pm

Congrats!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 17th December 2010, 8:56 am

Happy anniversary!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 17th December 2010, 11:55 am

Happy ANNIVERSAAARRRYY woot!

ur such an amazing ray of sunshine honey, i love the pics and the styles u be servin.
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 17th December 2010, 12:05 pm

Happy Natural-versary!!!

That BKO was so cute!!! Did you style it wet or dry? What products did you use?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 17th December 2010, 1:14 pm

Happy Nappiversary ....
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by teenatty 17th December 2010, 4:24 pm

@bholmes87 I am in Hair Love!!!! OMG!!!! I love your hair!! It is beautiful~!!! Keep up the good work!!!!
teenatty
teenatty

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 17th December 2010, 4:25 pm

CocaColaCutie wrote:happy nappiversary!!! congrats on reaching such a milestone. you have learned a lot and your styles are fabulous. wishing you the same success in year two!
Awww thank you so much C-cubed!!! I always look forward to hearing from you Very Happy I can't wait for the next year and all that I hope to learn!
sweetdrk1 wrote:Congrats!
cheers Thank you so much sweet!!! You are such an encouragement! Thank you for all the love, I feel like I know you and I'm soooo very grateful for you I love you
krazy coils wrote:Happy anniversary!
THANK YOU KC!!!! I love seeing your beautiful face on my journal hun Smile
NubieNatty wrote:Happy ANNIVERSAAARRRYY woot!

ur such an amazing ray of sunshine honey, i love the pics and the styles u be servin.
Mannn Nubie I wish I could tell you how much I adore you!!! Not only do you crack me up but your are sweet as pie!!! THANK YOU for being such an inspiration and motivation and a bundle of joy sunny
Lynnieluve wrote:Happy Natural-versary!!!

That BKO was so cute!!! Did you style it wet or dry? What products did you use?
Thank you Lynnie!!!

I did it on dry, blown out hair. I mixed a few things together to do the BKO. There was some hair lotion that I didn't like (possibly by Just for Me) and also the BB hair lotion from K Mart that I love! I mixed those 2 lotions with Aussie Moist and some EVOO to do the knot out Smile
BlondeByDesire wrote:Happy Nappiversary ....
Thank you so much BBD! And might I add that your hair is as gorgeous as ever!!!
bholmes87
bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 17th December 2010, 4:47 pm

teenatty wrote:@bholmes87 I am in Hair Love!!!! OMG!!!! I love your hair!! It is beautiful~!!! Keep up the good work!!!!

Embarassed Very Happy I love you Thank you Natty!!! I will definitely keep up the work! You are such a sweetheart *smooches*
bholmes87
bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 24 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next