CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics!

+60
kinksncurls
cyclingchick
NhappyJackie
Cherry: extraordinary!
nattyblog
SpringCurls
WhosThatRedHead
iri9109
coilykinks
MellowOne
MahoganyCurls
TriniCherryPrincess
QuietButterfly
curlsunfurled
naturalmommyGA
Karyn
xtremelyperfect
Keisha
mstokes2008
curly-me-naturally
TMS
swoodward
BrownSkinDiva
priceless
LaToya28
Muz
missmoriah
ChrsLvsBks
CrissyQ
Intelligentbeauty
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
CocoEuro
Pinkrage
LadyMika
Neems
Nikcoils
SheeTacular
Lynnieluve
BlondeByDesire
KinkyNappyHappy
ktoliver5303
CurlsGalore
jcanalena79
soleil
MsJay1121
jlowman1
TerraD
NubieNatty
sweetdrk1
FemmeFox
TheRYL1
poeticlyspkng
.:Eden:.
DvaAuNaturel
Juices-n-Berries
krazy coils
bholmes87
Curly_Aquarius
CocaColaCutie
AfrikanLatina
64 posters

Page 23 of 24 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Go down

bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 23 Empty Re: bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics!

Post by Intelligentbeauty 17th December 2010, 5:39 pm

CONGRATS ON 1 YR afro

YOU ARE TOTALLY ROCKIN IT woot!
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 23 Empty Re: bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics!

Post by FemmeFox 17th December 2010, 8:01 pm

Hey Sis!
It's been a minute! Happy Nappiversary!!!!!! rendeer
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 17th December 2010, 8:06 pm

Happy Nappiversary to you!!!!!
woot!

---Reese afro
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 17th December 2010, 8:15 pm

Intelligentbeauty wrote:CONGRATS ON 1 YR afro

YOU ARE TOTALLY ROCKIN IT woot!
Thank you so much IB!!! I am so excited to be 1 year into this journey! I can't wait to see what the rest of my life has in store Very Happy
FemmeFox wrote:Hey Sis!
It's been a minute! Happy Nappiversary!!!!!! rendeer
It really has been a minute!!! I missed you so much too sis! Thank you for the nappiversary greetings afro
Freestyles wrote:Happy Nappiversary to you!!!!!
woot!

---Reese afro
I love you Thank you Reese!!!!
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by xtremelyperfect 17th December 2010, 9:31 pm

Happy Nappiversary girl!! So excited for you! Hair is looking fab as always! Very Happy
xtremelyperfect
xtremelyperfect

http://fuckyeahnadia.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SCRUG_A_LICIOUS 18th December 2010, 12:37 am

Hey thats a nice profile pic!! And congrats on your one year! I cant wait till my two year!!
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 18th December 2010, 11:23 pm

xtremelyperfect wrote:Happy Nappiversary girl!! So excited for you! Hair is looking fab as always! Very Happy
Thank you so much hun!!!! I'm excited too, thanks for the added energy I love it! Razz
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS wrote:Hey thats a nice profile pic!! And congrats on your one year! I cant wait till my two year!!
Thank you SAL!!! I'm loving your profile pic too.

You're coming up on 2 years?! I'm jealous! Lol I'm just glad to have passed the first year natural so now I can move on to the rest of my life cheers
bholmes87
bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 22nd December 2010, 12:11 pm

Hey sweetie!! Happy Nappiversary!!
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 22nd December 2010, 12:23 pm

Hey B! Happy Nappiversary! dance
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 23rd December 2010, 7:08 pm

SheeTacular_Napps wrote:Hey sweetie!! Happy Nappiversary!!
Very Happy Thank you sista Shee!!!!!! I am so excited about my nappiversary (even though I didn't do anything special to my hair lol) and I am just as excited about learning about my hair as when I started transitioning!
jlowman1 wrote:Hey B! Happy Nappiversary! dance
cheers Thank you so much JLo!!! I have got to get some comparison pics up for you guys to see soon!

Hello lovlies!!!!!

I wanted to give you guys a quick written update on my hair before I get the pictures up because I always sit down at the computer without my cord so I never upload any pictures. But anyhoo, here's what I've been up do:

- So about 2 weeks ago I let my hair air dry in big twists and then I twisted it up smaller using shea butter
- I kept those twists in for 6 days. I went to my friend's graduation from cosmotology school as well as wore my hair in twists during our church's CHRISTmas production titled "No room in the inn" (I was in a gang if you can imagine lol)
- Then one of my best friend's who had recently been in the hospital for about 2 months had a birthday dinner at Red Lobster. He actually has sickle cell and cannot fight off disease well and his recent stay in the hospital was scary because his lung collapsed and he had multiple types of pnemonia. We were praying and believing for healing and God showed out!!!! So for his dinner I wore a twistout. It was very cute but I needed to wash my hair so it only stayed that way for 1 day
- I deep conditioned overnight and shampooed the next day in preparation for blow drying my hair. I need a blow dryer with a comb attachment because I still can't get my hair to blow dry straight Rolling Eyes
- Then I did some semi mini twists that I just finished yesterday so hopefully they will stay in for about 3 weeks

That's all folks! Until I finally upload more pics Smile
bholmes87
bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by SCRUG_A_LICIOUS 24th December 2010, 2:12 am

You are right once you pass that first year its really just you moving on with your life and it being your life style. Youll probably style less times throughout the week and find more little ways to preserve and restore an old style LOL. Love ya! have a merry christmas!
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 25th December 2010, 3:53 am

MERRY CHRISTMAS CN fam!!!!!!!! santa

I am working on some comparison pictures to show you the growth I've had this past year. I can't believe you guys have been with me that long! Your support has been soooooo necessary and I love you guys cheers

So until I finish the comparison pics, here is what my hair has been looking like in December:

I washed my hair and then air dried in big twists. Then I retwisted smaller using shea butter
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 23 Dec_2010

Those twists shrank up over the next few days. Here's how they looked at my friend's graduation from cosmotology school
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 23 Img01310

And they pretty much looked the same at the end of the week for our Christmas play at church
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 23 Img01311

Then I took the twists out this past MOnday and tried to do a mini length check in the back ...
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 23 Img01312
Woo hoo! Almost arm pit length guys Very Happy

I didn't copy all my pics to my computer yet so I will save the twistout pics and mini twist pics for another day! I hope you all are enjoying this fabulous time of year and remembering that we celebrate this glorious day to spread the love of Christ and give others hope and peace in a dark world Smile

Give love on Christmas day curlies!!!!!!! afro
bholmes87
bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 25th December 2010, 4:50 pm

Merry Christmas Sweet Pea!!
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 27th December 2010, 5:47 am

MERRY CHRISTMAS LOVELY LADIES!!!!!

(I know I'm a day late but I had to do it! Love you guys )
bholmes87
bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 27th December 2010, 10:18 am

Merry CHRISTmas B.....

A couple of days late, but the best blessing yet!!! Congratulations on your 1 year natural anniversary!! I always tell you this, but yet again you are doing a wonderful job taking care of your hair. How you managed not to become a product junkie is amazing to me...LOL

Be safe and be blessed!!! Happy New Year!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 27th December 2010, 10:38 am

Happy New Year ~ bholmes ...
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 30th December 2010, 2:48 pm

Having pictures to reflect on your hair care journey is what I consider one of the best things. Hoping you enjoyed the first year and hoping you many more years of healthy, happy hair.

Christmas play sounded interesting--you in a gang, no?! LOL

Happy New Year!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 30th December 2010, 3:25 pm

Happy New Year Sunshine!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 30th December 2010, 8:36 pm

Have a safe, prosperous and blessed New Year BHolmes!
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 31st December 2010, 7:31 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Merry CHRISTmas B.....

A couple of days late, but the best blessing yet!!! Congratulations on your 1 year natural anniversary!! I always tell you this, but yet again you are doing a wonderful job taking care of your hair. How you managed not to become a product junkie is amazing to me...LOL

Be safe and be blessed!!! Happy New Year!!!
Thank you so much KNH!! I am amazed myself that I haven't truly become a product junkie (but I am still getting rid of products from when I was transitioning almost 2 years ago! Yikes!!)

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!! cheers
BlondeByDesire wrote:Happy New Year ~ bholmes ...
Thank you! Happy New Year BBD dance
ChrsLvsBks wrote:Having pictures to reflect on your hair care journey is what I consider one of the best things. Hoping you enjoyed the first year and hoping you many more years of healthy, happy hair.

Christmas play sounded interesting--you in a gang, no?! LOL

Happy New Year!
Hahahaha Laughing it was very interesting!! I'll have to put some clips up if I can find them

HAPPY NEW YEAR CHRS!!!!! run
sweetdrk1 wrote:Happy New Year Sunshine!
sunny Thank you Sweet!!!!!! Happy New Year to you too!!! woot!
DvaAuNaturel wrote:Have a safe, prosperous and blessed New Year BHolmes!
Very Happy Thank you Dva!!!! I plan on making the most of 2011. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!! afro
bholmes87
bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 2nd January 2011, 12:21 am

Happy New Year!!
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 10th January 2011, 3:10 pm

Happy New Year B!

I was on vacation for the holidays and am just now getting caught up on everyone's threads. Your hair is looking fabulous as usual. Wishing you good luck in all your endeavors in 2011!

ps<---- how is the real world treating our college graduate these days?
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 14th January 2011, 4:29 pm

Hello family!!

I have not been keeping you updated with my hair or my life. I haven't shown you not one picture from December or January! So after my interview this afternoon I plan on adding TONS of pics so get ready Very Happy

Much love everyone afro
bholmes87
bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 27th January 2011, 3:37 am

I don't even know where to start ladies!!! I have (kinda sorta) been keeping up with all of the updates and news and BC's and straight hair and Tangle Teezer epidemics lol and I've been doing TONS of stuff with Chlo as well! And of course I have taken pictures because I always do Smile

As some of you know, I am a part of a 6 month healthy long hair challenge by InnovativeThinking on youtube so I have almost exclusively been wearing twists/other protective styles. But you guys know me, I change my hair close to every other day so there are sooooo many things to show you! So I might as well get started where I left off:

So the last thing I showed you were 2 strand twists. I wore these twists for the Christmas Praise Fest at church so this is how they looked with my santa hat (that's how behind I am, more than a month!!!)
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 23 Santa_10

Andhere is that resulting twistout
(front)
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 23 Img01310

(side)
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 23 Img01311

Then I blow dried my hair to prep for small/mini twists so here's that blowout
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 23 Decemb10

I started with the front of the twists and wore a hat to cover the back because I didn't finish
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 23 Decemb11

And this is what they looked like finished
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 23 Decemb12

Here are some more pics of the twists
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 23 Img01312
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 23 Img01313
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 23 Img01314
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 23 Img01410

I wore them undisturbed for about a week (up until Christmas) so here I am serving the Christmas fierceness! lol
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 23 Christ10

Then the day after Christmas, I co-washed the twists and put them in plaits for a braidout ... that's where I'll start next time I have a chance to update you lovely ladies!

I still haven't even gotten up to New Years hair pics, I'm sooo behind!! But anyway here's some random life stuff so enjoy Smile

My younger sister (I have 2 sisters, one younger and one older so I'm the weird middle child lol) just turned 18 yesterday!!! cheers I thought I had a pic but I don't sorry!

I also wanted to show a pic I took with this guy that I've gone on a few dates with (does this mean we're dating?! Somebody fill me in!! LOL but for real I'm new to this ...)
It's the same one from a looooong time ago that I told you said that the way I wear my hair was dope *thumbs up*
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 23 Facebo10

OMG I still haven't done any comparison pics from my 1 year nappiversary which was DECEMBER 16,2010!!! I gotta catch up and stay up somehow, good grief ...

But to get an idea, here's a pic from New Years Eve 2009 in twists
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 23 Photo210

And New Years Day 2011 twistout (which is one year and one day later)
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 23 Img01411

Here's a quick comparison:
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 23 Compar10

I also have a new favorite youtuber, BronzeGoddess01!!! I adore her, she is gorgeous, she gives awesome advice and her hair is flyyyyy afro

This was a really long post but there's lots of pictures so I hope you enjoyed it!! I gotta try harder not to stay away so long though Very Happy Love you guys I love you
bholmes87
bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 27th January 2011, 8:49 am

Hey B....

Love the pictures...the comparison set shows how much growth you've had in the last year. AMAZING!!! I'm for real. I wonder why some curlies experience soo much growth in 1 year and other seem to take off after 1 year, and then there are those that don't really see the growth they want until year 2 or 3. This really puzzles me.

Anyway...you and you new friend look cute together!! Now are you dating or just going out on dates....when you find out let me know. But....here is my spin on things...

Going on dates and dating are 2 different things. The difference is you will need to discuss and get clarification from him what you guys are doing...LOL

I would suggest you look at several things....how often does he call a day...if he calls everyday, and how he interact with you when y'all are together. I'm kinda ole school, so some of the younger curlies will probably weight in, and give you a more updated twist on this dating vs going on dates!!

As always I love it when you pop in and give us an update. Miss yah and I hope you get good news from your interview!!

TTYL

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 24 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24  Next