CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics!

+60
kinksncurls
cyclingchick
NhappyJackie
Cherry: extraordinary!
nattyblog
SpringCurls
WhosThatRedHead
iri9109
coilykinks
MellowOne
MahoganyCurls
TriniCherryPrincess
QuietButterfly
curlsunfurled
naturalmommyGA
Karyn
xtremelyperfect
Keisha
mstokes2008
curly-me-naturally
TMS
swoodward
BrownSkinDiva
priceless
LaToya28
Muz
missmoriah
ChrsLvsBks
CrissyQ
Intelligentbeauty
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
CocoEuro
Pinkrage
LadyMika
Neems
Nikcoils
SheeTacular
Lynnieluve
BlondeByDesire
KinkyNappyHappy
ktoliver5303
CurlsGalore
jcanalena79
soleil
MsJay1121
jlowman1
TerraD
NubieNatty
sweetdrk1
FemmeFox
TheRYL1
poeticlyspkng
.:Eden:.
DvaAuNaturel
Juices-n-Berries
krazy coils
bholmes87
Curly_Aquarius
CocaColaCutie
AfrikanLatina
64 posters

Page 21 of 24 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Go down

bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 21 Empty Re: bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics!

Post by CocaColaCutie 19th October 2010, 10:54 am

Hey B! Love the styles as usual. You do so much fun stuff with your hair!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 21 Empty Re: bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics!

Post by jlowman1 19th October 2010, 1:07 pm

CocaColaCutie wrote:Hey B! Love the styles as usual. You do so much fun stuff with your hair!

I agree, your hair is always so fly! Very Happy
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 21st October 2010, 9:21 pm

Hello lovlies!!

I put together a slideshow of pictures so you guys would be completely up to date with what I've been doing with my hair. There are wash n goes, mini twists and twistouts so enjoy! I put in some color in my hair and I like how it turned out but it's very subtle. I wanted something more in-your-face so I may have a stylist color it again in a few months. Anyhoo, here's the slideshow!

Much love afro
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 26th October 2010, 9:45 pm

Hey ya'll!!! The only thing I've done to my hair recently is twist it up and do a twistout. I'll post pics soon but I'm on my way to choir rehearsal so I'll come back later!
bholmes87
bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 26th October 2010, 11:22 pm

Chloe "The Fro" Bella is getting so long. I couldnt really see your hair color. What color did you get?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 27th October 2010, 3:55 am

Lynnieluve wrote:Chloe "The Fro" Bella is getting so long. I couldnt really see your hair color. What color did you get?

It's like a (slightly) reddish/golden brown color. And thanks Lynn!!! You and Roxie aren't doing so bad either Razz
bholmes87
bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 27th October 2010, 6:25 am

Morning B...

Chloe is beautiful. You have a nice length, and you can do so many things with her...well you've always been able to do many things with Chloe.

Anyway glad your back posting on a regular.

Thanks for your support last week it really meant a lot!!! I love you
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 3rd November 2010, 3:25 pm

OMG! I haven't seen you or Chlo in forever!!!! And we live down the street from each other! We have to exchange numbers or something! Shenee always asks if I've talked to you!

Looking good girly!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 3rd November 2010, 3:49 pm

Hey lil Sis!! How goes it?
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 3rd November 2010, 4:01 pm

oooh weee look at chlo! hotness madam hotness!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 11th November 2010, 3:14 am

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Morning B...

Chloe is beautiful. You have a nice length, and you can do so many things with her...well you've always been able to do many things with Chloe.

Anyway glad your back posting on a regular.

Thanks for your support last week it really meant a lot!!! I love you
Hey KNH!!

I've been missing my CN fam sooooo much! I haven't been on here in forever. But thank you so much!! Smile
TerraD wrote:OMG! I haven't seen you or Chlo in forever!!!! And we live down the street from each other! We have to exchange numbers or something! Shenee always asks if I've talked to you!

Looking good girly!
Hey Terra!!! It really is a shame when you don't have time for your neighbors. So I'm gonna change that! But I did get a chance to talk to Shenee. She'll be down here in SD this weekend actually Very Happy
SheeTacular_Napps wrote:Hey lil Sis!! How goes it?

CocaColaCutie wrote:oooh weee look at chlo! hotness madam hotness!
Hey C cubed!! Thanks so much. Man I love you! You're just such a sweetheart I love you
bholmes87
bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 11th November 2010, 3:24 am

HEY EVERYONE!!!

So I feel like I've been super busy because, well I have! I'm trying my hardest to find a job in a pretty bad market. Now I know I have the favor of God so the Lord will work this out for me, I believe that with all of my heart!! My struggle is not being too pickey that I won't accept a job (I am so not trying to get paid minimum wage) and realizing that any money is better than what I have now - which is dangerously close to $0 lol

I want to have a good job. That's why I spend 4 years in college. That doesn't mean as much as it did 10 years ago but it was hard work so I would like my job to reflect that you know? But then I start feeling like I shouldn't be above taking any job because bills gotta be paid regardless.

Anyhoo right now I have a temp job and I'm working in - get this - the warehouse of Prometheus labs. I really really need a permanent position so I can rely on a paycheck so that's what I'm claiming!

NOW BACK TO THE BUSINESS AT HAND!!!!!

What I need your help for is not actually for me. It's for a friend that goes to my church, Lydia White. There is a contest to win a grant from Pepsi. She applied to win $250K for her idea! I wasn't able to ask you guys at the beginning of the month but I could really use your help now!! What you would have to do is go to THIS SITE and vote for her idea everyday. Once you sign up online you can vote via text message. But again we don't need one vote, we need a vote everyday til the end of November!!

I know this might be strange but I know I can always count on my CN family for support! So if you have a minute everyday, go to THIS SITE and vote pretty please!! Very Happy

Much love afro
bholmes87
bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 2nd December 2010, 12:55 am

HEY FAMILY!!!!!

I cannot believe I've been away from CN forums for so long! It's actually been months and that is soooo unlike me. So here I am!! Hopefully back on a regular basis to update you on what I'm doing and also get encouragement and inspiriation, which is what I love most about being here Very Happy

So I will try to update you on as much as possible but it comes with a WARNING: I will definitely leave some things out and I have no idea where to begin because it's been so long! But here goes ...

I'm still working in the warehouse at Prometheus labs. I love getting paid every week but I would love it more if I got paid a permanent paycheck. That is all.

I dont' know if I ever told you guys that I was attempting to be apart of innovativethinking's 6 month healthy long hair challenge on youtube but I am! I say attempting because I have broken the rules many times in these first 2 months lol. My plan was to stay twisted for a week and then a twistout for a week, startover again. For 6 months. That is a negative. These are some styles that have broken the rules thus far:

- a blow out
- a VERY LIGHT flat iron
- bantu knot out
- WnG's on 2 different occasions

I am amazed at the hair growth I have noticed in Chlo "The Fro"!! As we all know, sometimes we can't see how much our hair is growing because we're in in everyday but looking back, I am utterly amazed. And it all started with Thanksgiving ...

The Wednesday before I deep conditioned my hair because I wanted to blow dry it. And I did! My fro was HUGE and I absolutely loved it! Then I got the itch to see it straight. Dun dun dun .... I grabbed my heat protectant and my flat iron. I put the flat iron on 16 out of 20 heat setting (yikes!) and went through my entire head. Well, it didn't do much! Lol it actually looked like most people's hair looks after a blow dry because it wasn't very straight but I was crazy about it!! I wore the blowout/flat iron in a banana clip for Thanksgiving. Then for that Sunday I did a bantu knot out on the super stretched hair and got great results! I mixed together 2 different hair lotions (one I love and one I don't), Aussie Moist conditioner and EVOO. My hair was super soft and I actually could have gotten 4 days out of the BKO but I wanted to shampoo my hair since I hadn't in so long. So I'm back to twists again. Finally. hahaha

Another note, I love when other people notice my hair growth! A few people have commented on how much my hair has grown. And I agree lol

My friend let me try KinkyKurly Knot Today so that I could make the kimmaytube leave-in. I haven't tried it yet but I will in the near future

So pictures will be up (at some point) and you can look above to see all the styles I've been doing. Much love to you ladies! Until next time - which hopefully will be later on this week lol

Love peace & hair grease afro
bholmes87
bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 2nd December 2010, 8:45 am

B....

I'm so glad that you checked in, but I'm so out done Evil or Very Mad I've really missed you Sad your postings and pictures. (okay tantrum over)

Don't be discourage about working temp...you never know it may turn to perm, just keep looking. I've found that it is easy to find a job when you have one already.

I can't wait to see pictures of your blow-out and flat iron attempt!! You know it probably good that you couldn't get it too straight...you don't want heat damage. One of my friends from church had her hair straighten and now she has heat damage. Her hair looks really bad now. I didn't tell her that, but it does.

TTYL.......((hugs)) & I love you
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 2nd December 2010, 11:44 am

Yeaaaaaaahhhhhhh!! Bholmes! *running and jumping on you* I missed you sooo much!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 2nd December 2010, 2:14 pm

B's back! Yay! I can't wait to see the BKO. I still haven't tried that yet.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 2nd December 2010, 3:26 pm

Hey bholmes!

Can't wait to see the pics. Stay encouraged regarding the temp job my first Full-time job after College was an 18 month temporary position that continued to get extended and included health benefits until I applied and found a permanent job within the same organization. God is able.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 2nd December 2010, 6:58 pm

No pics? Sad I cant wait to see your twists. I swear I could just stare and you and Lynnie's twists forever. They are just too FAB. Thanks for checking in!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 2nd December 2010, 9:27 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:B....

I'm so glad that you checked in, but I'm so out done Evil or Very Mad I've really missed you Sad your postings and pictures. (okay tantrum over)

Don't be discourage about working temp...you never know it may turn to perm, just keep looking. I've found that it is easy to find a job when you have one already.

I can't wait to see pictures of your blow-out and flat iron attempt!! You know it probably good that you couldn't get it too straight...you don't want heat damage. One of my friends from church had her hair straighten and now she has heat damage. Her hair looks really bad now. I didn't tell her that, but it does.

TTYL.......((hugs)) & I love you
Hahaha I think your tantrum was well deserved because it's been sooooo long! And I agree, I'm really glad I didn't get my hair super straight because I am TERRIFIED of getting heat damage!!! I don't know why cuz I would just cut the damged parts right off and keep it pushing. But I would be super disappointed if it happened ... especially because just like your friend my hair would just look a hot mess Rolling Eyes

I'll try to upload pics tonight!
sweetdrk1 wrote:Yeaaaaaaahhhhhhh!! Bholmes! *running and jumping on you* I missed you sooo much!!
Razz cheers Very Happy I love you Woot woot! Party over here!! Lol
CocaColaCutie wrote:B's back! Yay! I can't wait to see the BKO. I still haven't tried that yet.
Hey there C-cubed!! The only complaint I have about the BKO is that it makes my head hurt while the knots are in. I am extremely and irrationally tender-headed so I try not to make them tight but even using bobby pins in my hair hurts sometimes. Anyhoo, I think you would love a bantu knot out Smile
Nikcoils wrote:Hey bholmes!

Can't wait to see the pics. Stay encouraged regarding the temp job my first Full-time job after College was an 18 month temporary position that continued to get extended and included health benefits until I applied and found a permanent job within the same organization. God is able.
Hey Nik!!! Thank you so much for the encouragement. *singing* HE'S ABLE!! I believe it run
jlowman1 wrote:No pics? Sad I cant wait to see your twists. I swear I could just stare and you and Lynnie's twists forever. They are just too FAB. Thanks for checking in!
Aww you are so sweet J.Low!! And I could look at Lynnie's twists all day too *dreaming*
bholmes87
bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 2nd December 2010, 9:34 pm

A few quick things:

- I absolutely loooooove NubieNatty's blog!! I subscribed to it via email so I can always read her posts Very Happy
- I must have been sleep walking for the last few years because I have just discovered the most awesome, anointed, talented, bomb diggity gospel singers ever!! His name is Mali Music (Jamaal Pollard) and I went to a concert here in SD last Sunday. He literally blew me away! I am still geeked about it weeks later!! The Spirit was sooo heavy and he is amazingly talented and his band was sick (from LA of course). Definitely check him out on youtube guys!!!!!!
- I am going to see the Color Purple on Saturday night! It's at the Civic Theater in downtown San Diego and I am so excited dance
- I need to catch up on my blog and put more posts up there pronto
- Christmas lights warm my heart for some reason! I adore them

That's all folks (for now) afro
bholmes87
bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 3rd December 2010, 12:01 am

Hey B!!!!! I miss you Sad I was keeping up with your blog to see what you've been up too but you havent updated it.

Welcome Back....I hope!

Pics, Pics, Pics!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 3rd December 2010, 3:12 am

Lynnieluve wrote:Hey B!!!!! I miss you Sad I was keeping up with your blog to see what you've been up too but you havent updated it.

Welcome Back....I hope!

Pics, Pics, Pics!!!

Hey hey Lynn!!!! I missed you too! But best believe I was checking on you and Roxie from time to time I love you
bholmes87
bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 3rd December 2010, 3:55 am

Ok so here goes! I have to go all the way back to October to catch you guys up but believe me I have been taking just as many pictures. I just haven't had time to upload them yet! Until now Smile

The last pictures I showed you were of a twistout. That same week I had a job interview so I ended up doing a WnG. I don't normally use gel because conditioner-only usually works great but this time I tried gel to see if it elogated the curls at all. Here's the results:
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 21 Octobe10

I wore a puff for the next 2 days and then I decided to take a piece of hair and *gasp* flat iron it lol I thought I would do my whole head but I just didn't feel like it. So here's that one lonely straight piece of hair
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 21 Octobe11

A few days later I co-washed my hair and I was tired of doing twists so I did braids instead. I had to wear the braids for a few days because otherwise they wouldn't dry. This is the braidout.
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 21 Octobe12

It lasted about 3 days
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 21 Img01010

... until it turned into a puff+headband!
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 21 Octobe13

The puff was for Thursday and the next night our church choir was singing at a music revival so I opted for a chunkier twistout that only set for a few hours
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 21 Octobe14

The next day the youth was singing at an October Hallelujah Fest at another church but instead of keeping the twistout, I put in some chunky twists before leaving and pinned them to the side (and yes those are I.M.I. earrings Very Happy yay Tia!!)
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 21 Octobe15

I wore the big twists for a few days and then I retwisted them using ORS lock and twist gel. I thought they would shrink up A LOT but I was suprised that they maintained some length cheers
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 21 Novemb10

And those are just updated through October! (and the first few days of November)

I have soooo many more pics to show you but I am falling asleep at the computer so instead of goofing everything up, I'll rest and come back tomorrow to finish the picture updates. Love you guys!
bholmes87
bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 3rd December 2010, 7:58 am

Man o man! That hair is still amazing! I love the braid out! Did you do individual braids or cornrows?
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 3rd December 2010, 8:37 am

WOW..I have to agree with Sweet that hair is beautiful. Glad you are still taking pictures..**drooling** I love looking at your hair!!

So this is so late, but what where the results of the Glee audition? Just curious..
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 24 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next