CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics!

+60
kinksncurls
cyclingchick
NhappyJackie
Cherry: extraordinary!
nattyblog
SpringCurls
WhosThatRedHead
iri9109
coilykinks
MellowOne
MahoganyCurls
TriniCherryPrincess
QuietButterfly
curlsunfurled
naturalmommyGA
Karyn
xtremelyperfect
Keisha
mstokes2008
curly-me-naturally
TMS
swoodward
BrownSkinDiva
priceless
LaToya28
Muz
missmoriah
ChrsLvsBks
CrissyQ
Intelligentbeauty
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
CocoEuro
Pinkrage
LadyMika
Neems
Nikcoils
SheeTacular
Lynnieluve
BlondeByDesire
KinkyNappyHappy
ktoliver5303
CurlsGalore
jcanalena79
soleil
MsJay1121
jlowman1
TerraD
NubieNatty
sweetdrk1
FemmeFox
TheRYL1
poeticlyspkng
.:Eden:.
DvaAuNaturel
Juices-n-Berries
krazy coils
bholmes87
Curly_Aquarius
CocaColaCutie
AfrikanLatina
64 posters

Page 12 of 24 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 24  Next

Go down

bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 12 Empty Re: bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics!

Post by curlsunfurled 9th June 2010, 12:33 am

Your puff is awesome. Like the accessories.
curlsunfurled
curlsunfurled

Back to top Go down

bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 12 Empty Re: bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics!

Post by QuietButterfly 9th June 2010, 3:17 am

Congrats B. Holmes!! Your twists look great with your cap and you look so happy in your pictures!!
QuietButterfly
QuietButterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 9th June 2010, 7:56 am

Congratulations B....I enjoyed the video thanks for sharing!!! So when is your school's graduation? Also, I got my head band and earrings!!! Thanks....I'm wearing my head band today. I'll take a picture and post later!!

Hope you are enjoying your summer so far!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 9th June 2010, 7:07 pm

naturalmommyGA wrote:Congrats!!! bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 12 617583
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 12 678474 THANK YOU!!!!!!
curlsunfurled wrote:Your puff is awesome. Like the accessories.
Very Happy Thanks curls!
QuietButterfly wrote:Congrats B. Holmes!! Your twists look great with your cap and you look so happy in your pictures!!
Thank you QB!! I was really happy to see all my friends and have my family there and be done with my undergrad education!! Whoot whoot!!! Razz
KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Congratulations B....I enjoyed the video thanks for sharing!!! So when is your school's graduation? Also, I got my head band and earrings!!! Thanks....I'm wearing my head band today. I'll take a picture and post later!!

Hope you are enjoying your summer so far!

KNH
Thank you so much KNH!!!! Glad you liked the video Smile

My school's graduation is this Saturday, June 12 @ 6pm! Yay!!! woot!

I'm sooooooo glad you got the headband! Hooray hooray hooray!!!!!
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 12 879602
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 10th June 2010, 12:00 am

congrats on the graduation honey bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 12 879602

you look phenomenal. im so proud of you, keep it up n keep it moving babe cuz u are truly a bright star!

bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 12 Icon_sad tears of joy, btw!! its like watchin my little sister grow up! **sniff**
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 10th June 2010, 3:39 am

Congrats B!! Your pictures look like you had a great time and great hair!
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 10th June 2010, 11:54 am

How exciting! I'm proud of you lady. Loved, loved the pictures and video! Y'all can sannnng.

It's almost Saturday bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 12 Icon_sunny .
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 11th June 2010, 5:51 pm

*tear* This is why I love you guys!!!! So much love on CN I love you
NubieNatty wrote:congrats on the graduation honey bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 12 879602

you look phenomenal. im so proud of you, keep it up n keep it moving babe cuz u are truly a bright star!

bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 12 Icon_sad tears of joy, btw!! its like watchin my little sister grow up! **sniff**
THANK YOU SO MUCH NUBIE!!!!! Man you are such an encouragement and I LOVE hearing from you Very Happy Thank you again sis! I simply adore you Nubie cheers
ktoliver5303 wrote:Congrats B!! Your pictures look like you had a great time and great hair!
Very Happy Thank you KT!!!!! I did have a great time! woot!
ChrsLvsBks wrote:How exciting! I'm proud of you lady. Loved, loved the pictures and video! Y'all can sannnng.

It's almost Saturday bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 12 Icon_sunny .
Aww thank you Chrs!!!!!! I feel so special and loved! You guys are the greatest I love you

Ahhhhh it's almost Saturday! bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 12 Icon_eek It's really weird to be done with school when that's all I've know practically my whole life. The "real world" is gonna take some getting used to ...
bholmes87
bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by MsJay1121 11th June 2010, 6:02 pm

Girl, YES!!!! The job hunt is lagging right now.....Sad
MsJay1121
MsJay1121

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 11th June 2010, 6:10 pm

Happy Friday curlies!!!

So this feel really strange to say but I'M OFFICIALLY DONE WITH MY UNDERGRADUATE COLLEGE CAREER!!!!
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 12 678474 bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 12 617583 bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 12 678474 bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 12 617583 bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 12 678474 bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 12 617583 bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 12 678474 bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 12 617583 bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 12 678474 bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 12 617583 bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 12 678474

I've never NOT been in school so it's gonna be a huge shock to not come back in the fall. Awkward ... but I'll get over it! Espcially when I start making that money. Holla!!!! LOL

Anyhoo, I have more pictures to share with you! I got excited about graduation and skipped some pictures. Sooooo here they are Smile

I attempted a bantu knot out without using any products. Silly me bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 12 Icon_geek
And I ended up with a cool afro. But I realized I wanted to enter the "Make It Work" contest on youtube so I made a video of my puff with twisted bangs.

Here are pictures of that style (same ones from the video)
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 12 Twist_11
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 12 Twist_12

So I did this the day before graduation and, as you can see from my Black Grad pictures, my hair was completely twisted! I only used shea butter to twist. Here are pics right after I completed twisting my hair.
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 12 0710
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 12 0810
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 12 0910

I felt like the twists were really shiny and I was excited! cheers

Then the twists started getting frizzy (a result of using no product with hold). So I co-washed with a Trader Joe's conditioner. Then I said, "Why not try a braidout on twists?"
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 12 Braide10

By the next morning they were no longer crinkly but I still liked them Very Happy

Now onto Wednesday night!!! I decided to retwist all the twists using ORS Lock and Twist Gel. Best idea I ever had! lol I felt like I had Lynnie twists - probably because I was using Lynnie products Razz
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 12 1310
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 12 1410
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 12 1510

Hopefully by now you all are used to my picture overload. I have no problems with it myself Wink

Love you all!! Have a blessed weekend bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 12 Icon_rr
bholmes87
bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 11th June 2010, 6:11 pm

CurlieCutes1121 wrote:Girl, YES!!!! The job hunt is lagging right now.....bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 12 Icon_sad
I know right!! Not the business ... but God's got it in control!!!!!!! So I'm not stressing about it. He'll take care of us Very Happy

I'm claiming a job offer by the end of the month!
bholmes87
bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 12th June 2010, 1:09 am

FABULOUS! I love your hair!

I am going to check out that vid. Good luck in the contest and congrats on your degree!
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 12th June 2010, 3:07 am

Your twists, especially in the last 3 pics look MARVELOUS!!!!

CONGRATS ON GRADUATION!!!! cheers
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 14th June 2010, 10:16 am

Intelligentbeauty wrote:Your twists, especially in the last 3 pics look MARVELOUS!!!!

ITA, they are shiny, thick and luscious! Hope all went well Saturday!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 14th June 2010, 3:11 pm

Your twist look awesome as usual. Especially the ones where you used the ORS Twist and Lock gel. Roxie wants to be long and thick like Chloe "The Fro" Bella when she goes up.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 14th June 2010, 4:15 pm

CONGRATULATIONS GRADUATE! bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 12 617583 That hair, those twists...no words! Smile That is all.
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 14th June 2010, 4:32 pm

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD GRADUATE!!!
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 14th June 2010, 8:22 pm

swoodward wrote:FABULOUS! I love your hair!

I am going to check out that vid. Good luck in the contest and congrats on your degree!
Thank you!!! I hope you like the video Very Happy

I'm so excited to have a degree guys cheers
Intelligentbeauty wrote:Your twists, especially in the last 3 pics look MARVELOUS!!!!

woot! THANK YOU SIS!!!! I totally love ORS Lock and Twist gel now Smile

P.S. You and Destiny have been rocking it out afro
ChrsLvsBks wrote:

ITA, they are shiny, thick and luscious! Hope all went well Saturday!
Thanks Chrs!!!
Lynnieluve wrote:Your twist look awesome as usual. Especially the ones where you used the ORS Twist and Lock gel. Roxie wants to be long and thick like Chloe "The Fro" Bella when she goes up.
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 12 Icon_redface bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 12 Icon_biggrin bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 12 Icon_razz Thank you so much Lynnie!!! Even though I can't imagine how much thicker you want Roxie to be ...
lol!
AfrikanLatina wrote:CONGRATULATIONS GRADUATE! bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 12 617583 That hair, those twists...no words! Smile That is all.
I love you Thank you AL!!!! You are too sweet cheers
npmoore04 wrote:WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD GRADUATE!!!
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 12 879602 Woo hoo!!! The real world! LOL I'm not completely ready cuz I don't wanna grow up completely but nothing is gonna hold me back!
bholmes87
bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 14th June 2010, 9:10 pm

HAPPY MONDAY!!! bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 12 Icon_cheers

It really is a happy Monday for me! The first day being a UCR alumni!!! Holla bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 12 678474

GRADUATION
I have TONS of pictures on my photobucket!!! Check em out. I also have been tagged in some pics on facebook too so yeah Smile Right now I don't feel like reflecting on the past 4 years so forgive me for not having a long spiel about my time in college. It will come but for now, I'm enjoying my freedom! lol

HAIR NEWS
So I know I showed you the pics of my twists. I wore them for the rest of the week and took the twists out for graduation on Saturday!!! EVERYONE loved Chlo! They were like "How did you do that?" and "It looks so funky and cool!" and I'm sitting there snickering because, of course, it's sooooooo easy! I'm telling people I just put twists in my hair and took them out today and they were floored ... bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 12 Icon_rolleyes it's not a secret people! Stop perming/torturing/frying/dyeing/lyeing/weaving your hair!!! Simple as that

Moving on, here are some pictures! yay!!

I did my toes cuz I don't pay people to do stuff that I can do myself (stubborn, I know. lol)
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 12 Photo503

Here is my twistout for graduation
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 12 Photo504
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 12 Photo505

Trying on my dress Smile

bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 12 Grad_t10

These were taken during the ceremony
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 12 Grad_c20

Now after graduation I decided to pick the twistout apart and see how big it got. It was HUGE and I absolutely adored it!!!!! ♥
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 12 Photo506
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 12 Photo507
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 12 Photo508
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 12 Photo509
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 12 Photo510
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 12 Photo511

I also got some flowers (and ballons) they were orange
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 12 Flower10

I slept on the twistout and wore it on Sunday. Our choir sang at a church. Here's what it looked like:
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 12 Img00010
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 12 Img00011
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 12 Img00012

Last night I parted my hair (I don't know why) and it was flaky so I decided to wash it today. I rinsed my hair then put on a deep condition mixture and detangled. I twisted my hair to keep it tangle-free.
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 12 Img00013
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 12 Img00014

Then I decided to try a wash n'go with Eco Styler gel to see if there were different results than conditioner only. I did it similar to how it was done in CoilsKinksCurls video (but without the smoothing part, just shingled)
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 12 Img00015
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 12 Img00016
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 12 Img00017

I liked how it came out! I feel like my hair remained detangled and best of all, I can shake it!!!
But here is why I probably WILL NOT do it like this regularly:

- conditioner only looks just as good to me
- there is a very tiny bit of crunch to the ends of my hair
- I don't really like gel anyway

If the gel allows me to wear a WnG for multiple days, however, then it wins more points! lol

Have a lovely day and week curlies afro
bholmes87
bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 14th June 2010, 9:20 pm

Loved all of the pics!!!

Graduation dress was cute!!!

Love the black and white for Sunday too!!

Wash n go - CUTE, CUTE, CUTE!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 15th June 2010, 8:40 am

adorably cute!!! great job...i need to add you on fb maam!!
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 15th June 2010, 3:18 pm

Hey Sis!

Happy Graduation!!! Welcome to life after school, you're going to love it. I got my headband and earrings on Friday! I can't wait to rock them and post some pics!

You look beautiful! Know that all you family (blood and cyber) are super-proud of you!!!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 15th June 2010, 4:24 pm

B! You were rocking that twist out and girl the wash n go! two snaps...where's ru paul?
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 15th June 2010, 5:24 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:Loved all of the pics!!!

Graduation dress was cute!!!

Love the black and white for Sunday too!!

Wash n go - CUTE, CUTE, CUTE!!
THANK YOU LYNNIE!!! The dress was an Easter dress from like 3 years ago that I love! I was like why spend money? Use your resources! lol

I really like that giraffe cardigan!! My auntie bought it for me Very Happy

Yay wash n goes!!!!! cheers
BrownSkinDiva wrote:adorably cute!!! great job...i need to add you on fb maam!!
♥ Thank you darlin!!!! Yes add me, add me!! bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 12 Icon_bounce
FemmeFox wrote:Hey Sis!

Happy Graduation!!! Welcome to life after school, you're going to love it. I got my headband and earrings on Friday! I can't wait to rock them and post some pics!

You look beautiful! Know that all you family (blood and cyber) are super-proud of you!!!
bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 12 Icon_sad *tear* Thank you sis!!!!!!!!! I think I'll like life after school just fine. I love my CN fam!! I love you

I'm so glad you got your goodies!!! woot!
CocaColaCutie wrote:B! You were rocking that twist out and girl the wash n go! two snaps...where's ru paul?
Awww thanks C-cubed!!!!! Very Happy
bholmes87
bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by TriniCherryPrincess 15th June 2010, 5:39 pm

Congrats! And your hair looks AMAZING! bholmes87: long time, no post!!! Pics, pics, pics, pics, pics! - Page 12 Icon_biggrin
TriniCherryPrincess
TriniCherryPrincess

http://www.AllThingsLena.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 24 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 24  Next