CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KinkyNappyHappy - Will be taking a break here and there!

+47
nattyblog
Notthecoolmom
WhosThatRedHead
Karyn
MellowOne
QuietButterfly
jcanalena79
NhappyJackie
Serenity23
BrownSkinDiva
swoodward
priceless
FemmeFox
SheeTacular
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
Intelligentbeauty
CocoEuro
jlowman1
LaToya28
CrissyQ
ChrsLvsBks
poeticlyspkng
AfrikanLatina
mstokes2008
ktoliver5303
BlondeByDesire
Curly_Aquarius
coilykinks
TMS
jamaicacurl
MsJay1121
Nikcoils
Juices-n-Berries
Lynnieluve
CurlsGalore
curlsunfurled
CocaColaCutie
Muz
NubieNatty
bholmes87
DvaAuNaturel
krazy coils
TheRYL1
NylaCoils
LadyMika
sweetdrk1
KinkyNappyHappy
51 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 30 Empty Re: KinkyNappyHappy - Will be taking a break here and there!

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 25th June 2010, 5:20 pm

CurlsGalore wrote:Happy Birthday, Sis!!! May you be blessed with many more and may you continue to be as fabulous as you've always been! KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 30 Icon_smile

Lovely results from the Bee Mine! Penny is all jazzed up!!!

Thanks hon!!! I'm loving Bee Mine...now I wonder what its going to look like tomorrow!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 30 Empty Re: KinkyNappyHappy - Will be taking a break here and there!

Post by bholmes87 25th June 2010, 5:33 pm

Awwww yay birthday time!!!! Here's a video of some of the choir members sang (disregard the name for now LOL)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! woot!
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 25th June 2010, 5:53 pm

AfrikanLatina wrote:

That hair sis gorgeous!! I love it...color and all.

Alatina....THANK YOU!!! I love Alvin and the Chipmunks!!! This was just adorable!!!

KNH KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 30 Herz
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 25th June 2010, 5:55 pm

bholmes87 wrote:Awwww yay birthday time!!!! Here's a video of some of the choir members sang (disregard the name for now LOL)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 30 678474

B...girl you have some mads skills!!! Whatever happened with that Glee audition? Honey...thank you so much for the Birthday song!!! I love it!! KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 30 Herz

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 25th June 2010, 5:56 pm

mstokes2008 wrote:HAPPY BIRTHDAY KNH!!!!!!!! KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 30 678474 KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 30 678474 KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 30 678474 KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 30 678474 I hope you have a great bday wknd!!! && btw I love that hair color!

Hey Mstokes!!!

Thanks hon....It going to be an awesome weekend rain and all!!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Notthecoolmom 26th June 2010, 12:42 am

Happy Happy Birthday to you to you
Happy Happy Birthday to you

I know I'm late, but I had to wish you a happy birthday before mid-night.
Notthecoolmom
Notthecoolmom

https://www.youtube.com/user/Notthecoolmom

Back to top Go down

Post by coilykinks 26th June 2010, 12:48 am

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:
coilykinks wrote:Happy Early Birthday!

You make 49 look real good.

I love your hair color and now I am considering henna!

Hey CK....thanks girl!! I think you would love henna...I was scared at first, but I wish I had done this before I did my permanent color!!!

KHN

I researched henna, and it seems very time consuming. I read I would need to leave it in for like 12 hours, and then repeat the process weekly to achieve the best look. I just don't have that much time or patience for that process.

But you wear it well!

And again, happy birthday!
coilykinks
coilykinks

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 26th June 2010, 12:10 pm

Happy Birthday KNH ... or belated B-day....
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 26th June 2010, 8:47 pm

I came running with my heart in my hand. I was like OMG did I forget to tell KNH happy birthday!! Whew!! I went back a few days and see that I did! I am happy you had a blast...girl the first work out sounds like what I have coming up. LOL! We got this though!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 27th June 2010, 12:07 pm

Happy belated birthday!!! You make it look fabulous!!! afro

BTW you are likely reworking your internal schedule. A 6 am workout has got to reset your metabolism and sleep/rest/waking patterns. (biorythms?)

Let me know how this goes. I have been seriously considering trying early am workouts. I am curious to see how long it takes to get acclimated. That way, even though I know everyone is different, I can still prepare myself mentally.
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 27th June 2010, 8:26 pm

coilykinks wrote:
KinkyNappyHappy wrote:

Hey CK....thanks girl!! I think you would love henna...I was scared at first, but I wish I had done this before I did my permanent color!!!

KHN

I researched henna, and it seems very time consuming. I read I would need to leave it in for like 12 hours, and then repeat the process weekly to achieve the best look. I just don't have that much time or patience for that process.

But you wear it well!

CoilyKinks, henna needs to sit at least 12 hours to overnight in order for the dye to release if you are using it to color the hair. I don't think you need to leave it on for 12 hours. Most of the ladies on here do about 2-5 hours. It's not so bad.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 27th June 2010, 8:29 pm

Hi KNH! Sorry I missed your bday. But I looked at your bday hair and gurrlllll, it was HOT!!
nattyblog
nattyblog

http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 28th June 2010, 12:33 am

I want to thank each and everyone of your for your kind words and birthday wishes. That meant a lot to me!!! So the two day celebration is over...well one day I had so share my second day with a 4 year old. Very Happy

Well on to hair. I co-wash Penny Saturday and decided to do a washNgo with
Uncle Funky's Curly Magic and Extra butter!!! Now that was a mess.....UFD product elongate your curls. Most would think I should be happy with that right? Wrong.... SMH I was an epic fail. So I did twists because I need to get out of the house!!

So today after church I decided to try my hand at another washNG...so I pulled out my MiraCurl (the old forumal) that I received in a product swap...I think I'm going to love it when it finally dries!!! (which is taking forever by the way)
KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 30 Img_1110

KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 30 Img_1111

Now...almost dry. Looks like its getting bigger...
KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 30 Img_1112

Wonder what its going to look like in the morning??? I hope it doesn't dry white!! I tried

Well anyway...I wanted to see if there was a real difference in the old formula and the new. I'll post my decision in the morning...

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 28th June 2010, 12:38 am

Notthecoolmom wrote:Happy Happy Birthday to you to you
Happy Happy Birthday to you

I know I'm late, but I had to wish you a happy birthday before mid-night.

Thanks NTCM..... Very Happy
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 28th June 2010, 12:40 am

swoodward wrote:Happy belated birthday!!! You make it look fabulous!!! afro

BTW you are likely reworking your internal schedule. A 6 am workout has got to reset your metabolism and sleep/rest/waking patterns. (biorythms?)

Let me know how this goes. I have been seriously considering trying early am workouts. I am curious to see how long it takes to get acclimated. That way, even though I know everyone is different, I can still prepare myself mentally.

Thanks Swoodward....

So even if I'm up everyday @ 5am.......it's a difference because I'm at the gym working out? WOW...I'll keep you posted, because I am a morning person so this is interesting to me that I would be so tired. However, what you said make sense!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 28th June 2010, 12:41 am

sweetdrk1 wrote:I came running with my heart in my hand. I was like OMG did I forget to tell KNH happy birthday!! Whew!! I went back a few days and see that I did! I am happy you had a blast...girl the first work out sounds like what I have coming up. LOL! We got this though!

LOL...no hun you were on it Friday!! I gotta get to your thread and check out the concert details!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 28th June 2010, 12:42 am

BlondeByDesire wrote:Happy Birthday KNH ... or belated B-day....

Thanks BBD!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 28th June 2010, 6:13 am

Happy belated birthday lady cheers
I see Penny is doing very well. I loved your birthday hair Smile
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 28th June 2010, 6:15 am

Intelligentbeauty wrote:Happy belated birthday lady cheers
I see Penny is doing very well. I loved your birthday hair Smile

Thanks IB.....I really like the birthday....it was so BIG!!! Shocked Well as big as Penny is going to get right now!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 28th June 2010, 6:17 am

nattyblog wrote:Hi KNH! Sorry I missed your bday. But I looked at your bday hair and gurrlllll, it was HOT!!

Hey...Nattyb...

No problem...too many of us to keep up, but thanks for stopping by. I was hoping Penny would act right on my B-Day and she didn't let me down. Not only that Penny was still looking good the next day. I really hated to co-wash, but I had to get her ready for Sunday!!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 28th June 2010, 6:21 am

coilykinks wrote:
KinkyNappyHappy wrote:

KHN

But you wear it well!

Thanks hon..for the birthday wish, but please note that henna only has to stay on your hair for 2 - 4 hrs...I leave my on for 4hrs because of the color I'm trying to deposit into my hair. However, you do need to let it sit for about 12hrs at room temperature! If you have a Saturday evening with nothing to do...that would be the best time to henna. You can read, do house work and next thing you know you'll be all henna'ed up!! Very Happy If you decided to try it you will not be disappointed!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 28th June 2010, 2:08 pm

Just a quick update:

Health: I'm soo out of shape. I took a Monday Mashup class..and let me tell you I couldn't do Jumping Jacks to save my life. I was like...I used to do this like it was nothing when I was a kid. Oh...I need to invest in a good sports bra! All that jumping and flopping around... KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 30 Kopfschuettel will not do at all!!! Also, the lady conducting the class told us to remember to eat. So...of course I asked why!! She explained that if we didn't eat within 45 minutes of working out that we would loss our energy and feel tired!!! Sooo, that's some of my problem. I'm sleepy right now, but that may have something to do with waking up at 2:30am this morning... LOL Also, I did about 20 minutes on the treadmill!!! Each piece of equipment has a TV screen!! Tell me M.D.Anderson is not state of the art!!! I was impressed....

Hair: So after my workout..my hair was some what BIG, but I need just had to touch it..so I used MiraCurl's Moisture Mist and a little water. I'm telling you I really didn't need to do anything to Penny, but I guess its just a habit I have~the need to do something to my hair. Next washNgo I try I will not wash out the Treseme' conditioner. Penny feels so soft!! **Thanks MC**

Anyway...just a couple of pictures. I wanted to take them in the woman's locker room, but there were other ladies in there and I didn't want them to think I was crazy!!! **I even try a little eyeshadow today** KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 30 Icon_biggrin

KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 30 Debor116

Y'all look at the back...sister got some hang time going on here!!! KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 30 617583 Those are curls for real!!!!

KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 30 Debor117

SN: So remember about a month ago I interviewed for another position? Well....I didn't get it. I e-mailed the manager before I went on vacation, and she told me that they were still interviewing. However, today I checked our job posting site and I sae the position was no longer available. WOW...they could have at least KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 30 Icon_rolleyes called to indicate that the position had been filled!!! That is really strange, but I guess that's not the position that God has for me!!

Well..that's all for now...have a great day ladies~ KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 30 Icon_sunny

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 28th June 2010, 2:42 pm

KNH,

Glad you enjoyed your birthday. Love the hair, especially the after workout. I like BIG hair, so I'm biased. Sorry to hear about the position not coming through but that means something else is out there for you.

Check out JCPenney for sports bras. I got some awhile back for my girls and those worked well. Also, check out Enell sports bras. These are really, really good bras that Oprah feature on her show some time ago.

http://www.enell.com/index.php

Keep up the good work with your fitness routine. You'll be able to jumping jack like crazy in no time.

Enjoy the rest of your day. KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 30 Icon_sunny
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoEuro 28th June 2010, 3:37 pm

Happy Belated Birthday!!! I'm always late KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 30 Icon_redface
CocoEuro
CocoEuro

http://naturalcurlykinks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 28th June 2010, 4:00 pm

Hey KNH!

Your body is going to get used to working out in no time. Sometimes when I work out in the morning I will eat a banana or some type of granola bar to put something on my stomach. Try that to give yourself a little energy.

Your wng with the Donna marie looks good. With the UFD curly magic maybe you should try it without the Extra butter for a wash n go. Try it with a leave-in conditioner the next time hopefully that will help.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next