CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KinkyNappyHappy - Will be taking a break here and there!

+47
nattyblog
Notthecoolmom
WhosThatRedHead
Karyn
MellowOne
QuietButterfly
jcanalena79
NhappyJackie
Serenity23
BrownSkinDiva
swoodward
priceless
FemmeFox
SheeTacular
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
Intelligentbeauty
CocoEuro
jlowman1
LaToya28
CrissyQ
ChrsLvsBks
poeticlyspkng
AfrikanLatina
mstokes2008
ktoliver5303
BlondeByDesire
Curly_Aquarius
coilykinks
TMS
jamaicacurl
MsJay1121
Nikcoils
Juices-n-Berries
Lynnieluve
CurlsGalore
curlsunfurled
CocaColaCutie
Muz
NubieNatty
bholmes87
DvaAuNaturel
krazy coils
TheRYL1
NylaCoils
LadyMika
sweetdrk1
KinkyNappyHappy
51 posters

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 16 Empty Re: KinkyNappyHappy - Will be taking a break here and there!

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 26th May 2010, 12:38 pm

CocoEuro wrote:
KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Morning Curlies...

I'm still twisted up...3rd day twist out!!! So...I'm a little frizzy on top. I twisted a little different last night (which is taking about 1 1/2 hrs) so the top is a little flat and frizzy. I think it maybe my fault cause what I do is untwist in the morning and jump into the shower and let the steam do the rest. However, I have HIH so bad that I'm making the twists frizzy!! (more so in the back and top) Well here are my pictures for today...same style just a different outfit!! (the pictures are slower today...LOL)

KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 16 Gickr_10

So what's next? I don't know, but it will have to be a style that will not have me up late a night twisting. KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 16 Sleep

Hope everyone is having a great day!! KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 16 Icon_sunny **headed down CS**

KNH

oh I like this!!! sooo chic!!! and funky!!!!

Hey..Coco thanks hun!!! I really like this style as well. I'm going to try something different tonight after I dc!! I am so enjoying wearing twists out styles, but I don't like re-twisting every night. Oh...the things we do to acheive our best look yet!!! LOL

Thanks for stopping and here is a little sunshine back to yah!!! KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 16 Icon_sunny
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 16 Empty Re: KinkyNappyHappy - Will be taking a break here and there!

Post by ChrsLvsBks 26th May 2010, 12:59 pm

Man, I thought I had stopped by within the last day or two. So sorry I have not been by. Your hair looks great! You did an awesome job. I love the style on you. I don't know why some do not think twists and such are professional, hmmmph, whatever. You showing us they are and showing us how good they can look. Cannot wait to see what you come up with next!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 26th May 2010, 1:01 pm

Good Morning my curlysisterfriends!!!

So today I did a quick washNgo. I co-washed with yes to cucumbers conditioner, and then did the water, oil & cream application. (so glad I was informed about this step) I'm a little heavy handed and I think I used too much EVCO so this is going to be a oily kind of day!!! hahahahahaha!! Anyway....pictures below...

[url=http://gickr.com]KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 16 Anim_81fd15e0-4d18-35b4-85a7-51dc28aa6a2a

This time instead of Uncle Funky's SuperCurls cream I used Darcy's Coconut Lemongrass Transitioning Cream. (not sure which one I like better...I'll know after a few more usages of both)

So the picture I took in my truck my hair was only 75% dry, but on the pictures I took in my office I can say my hair is about 95% dry. Using the oil and cream does help give the added moisture I need, but it adds to my drying time as well. I really don't mind because I used Bumble & Bumble to do my washNgo and can I say soft and not as much shrinkage!!

Tomorrow is the last day of school for Mr. Xander!!! He passed all of his TASK tests (including math for the first time) I'm so proud of him!! KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 16 617583 Also, they placed him in all Pre-AP classes for next year!!! KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 16 Affraid So I'm going to rest and enjoy my summer while I can!!! He'll be fine.....

Anyway...I have way too much work for this to be called a job. Gotta come up with another name for what I do.

I'm going to visit a couple of neighbors and get back to work.

Hope everyone is having a great hair day!!

KNH

[/url]
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 26th May 2010, 1:06 pm

CrissyQ wrote:Good Morning,

Hey CrissyQ **waving** how is your day going?

sweetdrk1 wrote:Hey KNH how you today?

Hey Sweet..How U Doing (in my Wendy Williams voice) LOL

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Man, I thought I had stopped by within the last day or two. So sorry I have not been by. Your hair looks great! You did an awesome job. I love the style on you. I don't know why some do not think twists and such are professional, hmmmph, whatever. You showing us they are and showing us how good they can look. Cannot wait to see what you come up with next!

Hey Chrs....

My manager really likes this style on me..so glad because she's funny about hair, dress and the like!! She feels I'm an extension of her...which I am because if they can't find her the look for me!!

There are soo many neighbors to visit that I understand we can't get to everybody in one day. I try to visit at least 10 houses a day. Sometimes it's hard because I don't log on much in the evenings because I'm using that time to re-twist my hair!! LOL Don't you just love it!!!

Hope you are having a great day!!

Thanks for stopping by!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 26th May 2010, 1:55 pm

Hey KNH!

I'm lovin' your hair!

Don't it make ya feel good when your children do well? :-)

Have a wonderful day!
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 26th May 2010, 5:15 pm

Penny looks GREAT! Loving the big-ness and color. You say you went water, oil and THEN cream? How is it for moisture? Maybe have to give this a try. Have a great day! KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 16 Icon_smile
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SCRUG_A_LICIOUS 26th May 2010, 6:43 pm

That hairstyle ^^ is soo cute!!Ive done something similar to that but it wasnt as cute as that.I feel like I need something extra for my twist outs. Yours look very defined
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 26th May 2010, 7:47 pm

KNH- Your hair is on FIAH!!!!!!!!!!! You go girl! I love the color and the definition!!
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

http://coilyencounters.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 26th May 2010, 9:54 pm

Hi KNH, you're right! I am trying to visit more and more ladies becuase there is so much to see but I can't keep up!

I too chose henna because I have a lot of gray and with touch ups I knew I need control over my color. That's what I hated about Jazzing - you could only do it when you got a touchup. (shiver).

Permanent color either snapped my hair like a dry twig or wiped off. Wiped off!

I was thinking about controlling my streaks and was curious about black. Please keep us posted!
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by curlsunfurled 27th May 2010, 12:46 am

Hey KNH. What days you're available to visit the OFS? I'm taking Friday off!
curlsunfurled
curlsunfurled

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 27th May 2010, 8:29 am

hey KNH came by your page to show you some love!!!
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 27th May 2010, 9:11 am

Good morning KNH and Penny! I checked out that giveaway, and that's too much for me ~lol~ I'm lazy when it comes to stuff like that, but I hope you win! I should go back and leave a message saying "KNH sent me here, can she get credit for this comment" Laughing Have a fantabulous day!
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 27th May 2010, 9:53 am

GM -KNH

Just passing thru and waving ...
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 27th May 2010, 12:38 pm

TheRYL1 wrote:Hey KNH!

I'm lovin' your hair!

Don't it make ya feel good when your children do well? :-)

Have a wonderful day!

Hey RYL1...

Yes I'm so proud of him...this has been a struggle, but I see him wanting to do better and that my friend is the reward!!!

Hope you have a good day, and thanks for stopping by!!

LadyMika wrote:Penny looks GREAT! Loving the big-ness and color. You say you went water, oil and THEN cream? How is it for moisture? Maybe have to give this a try. Have a great day! KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 16 Icon_smile

Hey LadyM....The moisture is so on point with the water, oil then cream process. I'm so glad that Nubie suggested it, but Lynn came right behind her with the product she uses. I'm using everything but the shea butter as the cream. I use a cream based moisture by Uncle Funky and Darcy's (not sure which one I'm liking the most so I alternate between the two)

Do try it you will so like it!!!

Have a good one!!

SCRUG_A_LICIOUS wrote:That hairstyle ^^ is soo cute!!Ive done something similar to that but it wasnt as cute as that.I feel like I need something extra for my twist outs. Yours look very defined

Hey Scrug...thanks hun!!! What are you using to do your twist outs?

NylaCoils wrote:KNH- Your hair is on FIAH!!!!!!!!!!! You go girl! I love the color and the definition!!

Thanks Nyla...I need to call you. I have to find eating places that can accommodate a group of 125 in Charlotte. I need some suggestions...HELP!!

swoodward wrote:Hi KNH, you're right! I am trying to visit more and more ladies becuase there is so much to see but I can't keep up!

I too chose henna because I have a lot of gray and with touch ups I knew I need control over my color. That's what I hated about Jazzing - you could only do it when you got a touchup. (shiver).

Permanent color either snapped my hair like a dry twig or wiped off. Wiped off!

I was thinking about controlling my streaks and was curious about black. Please keep us posted!

I can't keep up, but I try to visit as least 10 curlies a day. I was thinking last night that I should just let the color grow off...I'm so confused!!! LOL However, whatever I decided to do I will share... KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 16 Icon_biggrin Thanks for stopping by!!

curlsunfurled wrote:Hey KNH. What days you're available to visit the OFS? I'm taking Friday off!

Well...I'm working Friday.. KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 16 Icon_sad I can go Monday...I have so many graduations and parties to go to this weekend it is unreal!!! Is Monday too late? Let me know!!

BrownSkinDiva wrote:hey KNH came by your page to show you some love!!!

Thanks for stopping by hun!! Sending you some love right back KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 16 Herz

Muz wrote: Good morning KNH and Penny! I checked out that giveaway, and that's too much for me ~lol~ I'm lazy when it comes to stuff like that, but I hope you win! I should go back and leave a message saying "KNH sent me here, can she get credit for this comment" KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 16 Icon_lol Have a fantabulous day!

Hey Muz...I'm not going to win...I so don't have the time to do all of that either, but I thought I would pass it one!!! I don't know if I'll get credit..but thanks so much for thinking of me. I don't win anything..so that okay!! KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 16 Icon_biggrin Hope your day is going well...KNH

BlondeByDesire wrote:GM -KNH

Just passing thru and waving ...

Hey BBD~ How you doing? Girl its so busy on CS..I think we should just a block party and that way we don't have to try and make it to everyone's house!!! LOL

Hope you are having a great day!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 27th May 2010, 12:58 pm

Morning Ladies....

Janet Jackson was on American Idol last night and by golly I think she's natural!!! So today I took a tour of my jobs fitness center and this young lady stopped me and started asking me questions about my hair!! I referred her to CN...I am so not an expert and I told her that I've learned so much by being here!!

Well today I did something a little different with Penny...I try flat twists in the front and individuals in the back. I still need to work on my twisting skills but it came out okay...

KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 16 Anim_2125f796-d574-f3d4-4d4d-012d10e13d39

I took a several pictures in my truck and in my office...Just wanted to share. Anyway...back to work.

I'll check in again on my lunch break!!!

Be Blessed!!
KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 27th May 2010, 1:23 pm

I love that look!! Good job those flat twist look great! KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 16 Icon_cheers
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by TMS 27th May 2010, 2:05 pm

Flat twist look really good on you. You sure are becoming an expert at styling.
TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 27th May 2010, 4:32 pm

I like the flat twists. You're doing it up! KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 16 Icon_smile Go you!
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 27th May 2010, 4:47 pm

Look at you KNH...doin' the dang thang with the twists! KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 16 617583

You & your hair are looking real good! ;-)
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 27th May 2010, 5:09 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:I love that look!! Good job those flat twist look great! KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 16 Icon_cheers

TMS wrote:Flat twist look really good on you. You sure are becoming an expert at styling.

LadyMika wrote:I like the flat twists. You're doing it up! KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 16 Icon_smile Go you!

TheRYL1 wrote:Look at you KNH...doin' the dang thang with the twists! KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 16 617583

You & your hair are looking real good! ;-)

awwww shucks y'all are so sweet!! Here I am thinking I really need to work on the flat twists and all..and now y'all got me thinking that my twists just may be okay. Thanks you all are too sweet!! KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 16 Icon_redface

Last edited by KinkyNappyHappy on 27th May 2010, 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 27th May 2010, 5:15 pm

Girllll, you better slow down. I am going to be coming to you for styles when Kassidy gets long. i like those flat twist, whenre is Nyla's rupaul face? Let me go and tell her you need it.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 27th May 2010, 5:32 pm

CrissyQ wrote:Girllll, you better slow down. I am going to be coming to you for styles when Kassidy gets long. i like those flat twist, whenre is Nyla's rupaul face? Let me go and tell her you need it.

Hey CrissyQ...that is so sweet of you KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 16 Icon_redface I..awww thanks!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 27th May 2010, 6:47 pm

I got the call. Me and RU---came running in here to see what was going on! Ru- stopped, put his hand on his hip , looked at you, then at me and we said it in unison!!!!

U BEDDA WERK!!!!

KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 16 Ubedda28
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

http://coilyencounters.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 27th May 2010, 6:50 pm

I am on the floor!
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 27th May 2010, 7:14 pm

Penny is looking fierce! Great job on the flat twists.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next