CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KinkyNappyHappy - Will be taking a break here and there!

+47
nattyblog
Notthecoolmom
WhosThatRedHead
Karyn
MellowOne
QuietButterfly
jcanalena79
NhappyJackie
Serenity23
BrownSkinDiva
swoodward
priceless
FemmeFox
SheeTacular
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
Intelligentbeauty
CocoEuro
jlowman1
LaToya28
CrissyQ
ChrsLvsBks
poeticlyspkng
AfrikanLatina
mstokes2008
ktoliver5303
BlondeByDesire
Curly_Aquarius
coilykinks
TMS
jamaicacurl
MsJay1121
Nikcoils
Juices-n-Berries
Lynnieluve
CurlsGalore
curlsunfurled
CocaColaCutie
Muz
NubieNatty
bholmes87
DvaAuNaturel
krazy coils
TheRYL1
NylaCoils
LadyMika
sweetdrk1
KinkyNappyHappy
51 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 35 Empty Re: KinkyNappyHappy - Will be taking a break here and there!

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 5th July 2010, 12:28 am

Hi Ladies...

It's been a long day...well long weekend rather. I've been through the flood and the rain, but I made it!!! I'm serious...but anyway.

I did my version of a curly fro. Where are the pictures? I'm glad you asked. Well see what happen was.......I saw JnB at church today, and she has the only picture of my fro today. Sad I left my camera at home, and while I took a picture of her (with my cell phone) I didn't think to take a picture of myself.

I've hand an interesting hair weekend and I can't wait to share, but I've got to call it a night cause I have a fitness class tomorrow @ 6am.

I will post my reviews and pictures of my weekend hair tomorrow...

Here's the picture I took of JnB today. Isn't she is too cute? When I say this picture doesn't do her hair justice...she was rocking that puff w/bangs!!!

KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 35 Jnb10

From what I can see there are some awesome fro's on CN today!!! afro
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 35 Empty Re: KinkyNappyHappy - Will be taking a break here and there!

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 5th July 2010, 12:29 am

sweetdrk1 wrote:Congrats on 8mths!! Time flies doesn't it! Penny looks great!!!

Hey Sweet...thanks hon and the time is so flying!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 5th July 2010, 12:32 am

That pic of JNB is AWESOME!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 5th July 2010, 12:39 am

CrissyQ wrote:You let the product sit on there, you dont work it in?

Hey Crissy....no I used Giovanni LI, EVCO and then I scrunch in the Bumble & Bumble. It starts out white, but as it dries it is so shinny!!!

NubieNatty wrote:ive always secretly wanted macy's hair. i mean it looks so "in ur face". its like u wake up...fluff it out n leave like AND WHAT KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 35 Icon_mad !!

**sigh** im so crazy cuz i also secretly have a crush on Ray J KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 35 Icon_neutral

Macy has some nice hair for real, but white people don't understand our hair, and I really don't know if that chick was being funny or not... Suspect BTW...Ray J is fine as all get out, and if he wasn't such a dog I would have a crush on him to. I one of the few...well heck I think I'm the only one of my friends that would even watch for the Love of Ray J when I could catch it on...LOL **now tell me that's not crazy**LOL

TheRYL1 wrote:Hey KNH...Macy was the one of the few BLACK woman she knew of...you just happened to luck out that y'all looked somewhat similar! It was her or Beyonce! LMAO

I've been called "a Fluffy Angela Davis"...a Black person said it, but still not amused! LOL I know the comment spoke to 1) my hair; 2) my curves; and 3) my attitude, but really...did I need the comment?!? SMH

Congrats on your anniversary...your hair is looking good!

OK...what product is on this morning's wash n' go?

Hey RYL1...you think we look similar? I think Macy is just beautiful in straight. She's natural and real...kinda says what's on her mind. She keep me laughing on Dancing with the Stars. I know what you mean...why can't your remind folks of you mom or dad...SMD as well!!

Thanks girl...Penny is really pass all my expectations of her. My mom's neighbor stopped me today and asked me did I think she should go natural. I had her all up in my mom's house talking about Penny. You should have seen my mom...Rolling Eyes I was so loving it!!!!

NylaCoils wrote:KNH!! Macy was my Hairspiration! So, you know I think she is AWESOME and so are you!!
Penny looks like she is worth a MILLION!! Looking good over here!!

Thank you Nyla.....that is so nice to hear as I turn in for the night frustrated cause I didn't take any of pictures of Penny today. Rolling Eyes You are a lifesaver candy!!! Love yah!! I love you
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 5th July 2010, 12:41 am

sweetdrk1 wrote:That pic of JNB is AWESOME!!

I know OKAY!!! She took one of us together with her phone!!! I hope she gets a chance to post it tonight!! I'm so frustrated with myself. Oh well....LOL
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Notthecoolmom 5th July 2010, 1:00 am

I was waiting to see Penny in all her glory and now I gotta wait
Crying or Very sad

Just kidding...totally understandable
Notthecoolmom
Notthecoolmom

https://www.youtube.com/user/Notthecoolmom

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 5th July 2010, 2:23 am

jnb is definitely adorable! i like listening to her voice in the videos, lol. AS FOR YOU MISSY KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 35 Icon_mad ...now i gotta hunt down jnb for YOUR pic!!

umm, yes i watched ALL of ray j of love's but his last one was a fluke! Mz Berry was too mature for him and he aint have no business messing wit her oldself wit 2 kids, he's only 28 what he gonna do wit a 14 yr old?

p.s. got my package...thanx sooo much! im gonna try it probably next week! KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 35 Herz
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 5th July 2010, 3:49 am

NubieNatty wrote:jnb is definitely adorable! i like listening to her voice in the videos, lol. AS FOR YOU MISSY KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 35 Icon_mad ...now i gotta hunt down jnb for YOUR pic!!

umm, yes i watched ALL of ray j of love's but his last one was a fluke! Mz Berry was too mature for him and he aint have no business messing wit her oldself wit 2 kids, he's only 28 what he gonna do wit a 14 yr old? Did you see the episode where they bring back the young ladies that he didn't pick? Well they brought one back from like the 1st or 2nd show and ole girl let is out that he had been calling her and slept with her. Now Mz. Berry is real classy and but Ray J and ole girl where all off camera fussing and fighting...it was a hot mess!!!

p.s. got my package...thanx sooo much! im gonna try it probably next week! KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 35 Herz
[b] You are welcome, glad you can use it...
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 5th July 2010, 3:51 am

Notthecoolmom wrote:I was waiting to see Penny in all her glory and now I gotta wait
Crying or Very sad

Just kidding...totally understandable

I know I was so out done with myself!!! I hope JnB checks in soon!!! LOL
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Buttercup76 5th July 2010, 9:43 am

Your hair looks great and very defined... Love it
Buttercup76
Buttercup76

http://www.thegeminiexperience.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 5th July 2010, 12:16 pm

Buttercup76 wrote:Your hair looks great and very defined... Love it

Thanks Buttercup!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 5th July 2010, 12:21 pm

Hey KNH,
Can't wait to see your hair pic. I'll be stalking JnB's page for it, lol.

Hope you had a good time in class this morning. Keep it the fitness regimen, it's awesome.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 5th July 2010, 12:25 pm

Morning Curlies!!!

Well...I'm sure most of you are off and still celebrating, and I'm NOT!! I'm at work today...so I'll be brief. KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 35 Icon_evil

Health: Did 30 minutes on the treadmill I think I burned about 179 calories (gotta do better) which I think is okay for my first time.

So I get to the locker room and guess who I see...Yes "Miss you look like Macy Gray." Y'all I think I got a picture of her, but I'll post that this evening when I get home...LOL I know that's bad but she didn't even speak this morning!!! LOL

Hair: Penny is in a puff with bangs inspired by all of the curlies that posted this style, but I must give JnB the credit because seeing that style in person made me think I could do it!!

I'll post pictures and visit everyone's thread tonight. I need to hang out here when I get home, and do what they pay for at work. KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 35 Lol

((hugs)) & KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 35 Herz

Be Blessed Ladies!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 5th July 2010, 12:27 pm

DvaAuNaturel wrote:Hey KNH,
Can't wait to see your hair pic. I'll be stalking JnB's page for it, lol.

Hope you had a good time in class this morning. Keep it the fitness regimen, it's awesome.

Hey Dva...

LOVE your avatar!!! You fro is too cute!!! I can't even find JnB's page. I'm going to send her a PM...(that's what I get for not taking a picture)

I missed class, but I didn't 30 minutes on the treadmill..it was set for weight loss, when I got to the 10 level incline I thought I wouldn't make it!! LOL I'm beginning to enjoy this...I watched Fantistic Four while I did my workout!! How cool is that!!!

Have a great day Dva!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 5th July 2010, 12:42 pm

okay...just one picture before I get back to work for real!!! (trying to get my sexy on...LOL)

KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 35 Debora26

I did my twists with Qhemet and EcoStyler Gel!!!

I'm out for real...

Have a great day ladies!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Notthecoolmom 5th July 2010, 12:45 pm

look at you getting your sexy on...
work it, work it and get back to work Laughing
Notthecoolmom
Notthecoolmom

https://www.youtube.com/user/Notthecoolmom

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 5th July 2010, 1:09 pm

KNH that style is so cute on you! Loves it! Do you retwist your hair every night when you twist your hair?
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 5th July 2010, 1:13 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:okay...just one picture before I get back to work for real!!! (trying to get my sexy on...LOL)

I'm out for real...

This is soooo cute on you, I like it.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by coilykinks 5th July 2010, 2:54 pm

that pic is so cute, KNH!
coilykinks
coilykinks

Back to top Go down

Post by Buttercup76 5th July 2010, 3:07 pm

That is a cute style with the bangs... Can't wait till my hair can puff like that... I do time I guess... Don't feel bad I am at work too... But the only one here on my team... KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 35 Icon_cry
Buttercup76
Buttercup76

http://www.thegeminiexperience.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoEuro 5th July 2010, 5:13 pm

Bangs are cute!!
CocoEuro
CocoEuro

http://naturalcurlykinks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 5th July 2010, 9:57 pm

Notthecoolmom wrote:look at you getting your sexy on...
work it, work it and get back to work Laughing

LOL....I did get back to work. It's budget time and everyone in my department is stressed!!! So I will not be on here but during the day!!! drunken

krazy coils wrote:KNH that style is so cute on you! Loves it! Do you retwist your hair every night when you twist your hair?

Thanks KC...yes I twist every night... Sleep I've even fallen asleep twisting at night. LOL

coilykinks wrote:that pic is so cute, KNH!

CK...thanks you I posted it on my FB!! It was time for a change... sunny

Buttercup76 wrote:That is a cute style with the bangs... Can't wait till my hair can puff like that... I do time I guess... Don't feel bad I am at work too... But the only one here on my team... KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 35 Icon_cry

Well...one good thing about working today....LOL I couldn't think of one good thing about working and everyone else was at home... Rolling Eyes

CocoEuro wrote:Bangs are cute!!

Thanks Coco!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 5th July 2010, 9:57 pm

CrissyQ wrote:
KinkyNappyHappy wrote:okay...just one picture before I get back to work for real!!! (trying to get my sexy on...LOL)

I'm out for real...

This is soooo cute on you, I like it.

Thanks soooo much, I'm so glad I tried it!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 6th July 2010, 12:14 am

I did several WnG's this past week mainly because I didn't know which product I wanted to try!! I guess I just had a lot of time on my hands......SMH

So after I shampooed my hair and DC'ed...(I messed up my DC by not using EVCO) I couldn't decided if I wanted to use MiraCurl or Bumble & Bumble so I used.....Uncle Funky's Curly Magic!!! Yeah I know....so anyway here are the pictures!!

KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 35 Img_1210

KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 35 Img_1211

KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 35 Img_1212

So since this review is suppose to be about MiraCurl and Bumble & Bumble I'll get back to that...

Bumble & Bumble completely dry
KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 35 Img_1214

MiraCurl completely dry
KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 35 Img_1215

So I've had a week of WnG's with three different products and the winner is............MiraCurl. woot! So why MiraCurl Glad you asked...

Uncle Funky's Curly Magic Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven (a gel) which kinda of got in here by default...is a great product which gave me the great curly fro that I rocked on Sunday/ (which I do not have a picture of!!!) SMH.

Pros: when it dries is enhances your curls and you have a head full or ringlets curls. Great Moisture, and doesn't dry hard or crunchy!!

Cons: takes all day to dry. I applied the product about 8am Saturday and by 4pm my hair was still damp. It could be that I used too much product which contributed to the extremely long drying time. (which is possible)

Bumble & Bumble Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven I love this stuff because it dries so fast. Also, because it is a foam which is more like a styling moose which allows me to arrange my curls in the position I would like and it will dry that way. Kinda of cool...but the shrinkage is unreal. I've found if I layer my leave-in and oils before I apply the product it really helps with the shrinkage....

Pros: the ability to arrange or posit hair in a style that will remain once its dry; fast drying time

Cons: has a tendency to be a bit drying

MiraCurl Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven the original formula really worked well for me; my curls were enhanced and elongated.

Pros: very moisturizing, great curl definition

Cons: I really couldn't find any....this is a great product for WnG's, very moisturizing, great curl definition, elongates curls and I can get 2nd hair maybe 3rd day if I keep the HIH under control!

Checked out the ingredients of all three products and notice that MiraCurl contains some good stuff such as Aqua (water of course), Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, Vegetable Glycerin, Slippery Elm Root, Rosemary leaf extract, Avocado oil, Pro-Vitamin B-5, xanthan gum, hibiscus flower extract, and a couple of other good ingredients. I love, love, love this stuff!!!! dance

UFD's Curly Magic...has great ingredients as well...like Aloe Vera Juice, extracts of marshmallow, vitamine e, nettle & horse tail..ect.

Bumble & Bumble has Glycerin and several different types of protein, Dimethicone and a lot of other stuff that I can type but can't say, but this does explain why I feel that Bumble & Bumble is a bit drying......interesting.. scratch

Sorry that this posting is so long.......

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 6th July 2010, 4:06 am

See my hair never turns out like that. How do you do the WNG and turn out like that. I heard that it works better on dry hair, then on wet hair. I NEED HELP!! I love your hair and want to try that so bad but I do not even know where to start. I think I am over thinking it.
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next