CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KinkyNappyHappy - Will be taking a break here and there!

+47
nattyblog
Notthecoolmom
WhosThatRedHead
Karyn
MellowOne
QuietButterfly
jcanalena79
NhappyJackie
Serenity23
BrownSkinDiva
swoodward
priceless
FemmeFox
SheeTacular
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
Intelligentbeauty
CocoEuro
jlowman1
LaToya28
CrissyQ
ChrsLvsBks
poeticlyspkng
AfrikanLatina
mstokes2008
ktoliver5303
BlondeByDesire
Curly_Aquarius
coilykinks
TMS
jamaicacurl
MsJay1121
Nikcoils
Juices-n-Berries
Lynnieluve
CurlsGalore
curlsunfurled
CocaColaCutie
Muz
NubieNatty
bholmes87
DvaAuNaturel
krazy coils
TheRYL1
NylaCoils
LadyMika
sweetdrk1
KinkyNappyHappy
51 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 11 Empty Re: KinkyNappyHappy - Will be taking a break here and there!

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 19th May 2010, 6:56 pm

CrissyQ (frmly RoseBud) wrote:ok what SMH? KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 11 Confused I see it all the time.

shaking my head.....
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 11 Empty Re: KinkyNappyHappy - Will be taking a break here and there!

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 19th May 2010, 7:06 pm

RYL1....you are so on point it's funny how Penny likes the EVCO that costs $14.99, but she just wasn't feeling the $7.00 EVCO. Yeah her name should be Bennie short for Benjamins $$

I just got my degree in 07...25 years after I should have, but the point is I did it. Everyone is encourgaging me to go for my masters, but I'm still tired from getting my BS. THAT was something else, with work, my sons band activities, church and school.... so I feel yah!!

Dva...listen to RYL1...baby if I could do it again I would so wait...
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 19th May 2010, 7:09 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:RYL1....you are so on point it's funny how Penny likes the EVCO that costs $14.99, but she just wasn't feeling the $7.00 EVCO. Yeah her name should be Bennie short for Benjamins $$

I just got my degree in 07...25 years after I should have, but the point is I did it. Everyone is encourgaging me to go for my masters, but I'm still tired from getting my BS. THAT was something else, with work, my sons band activities, church and school.... so I feel yah!!

O girl I feel ya. I got my degree in 03, and I cannot see myself going back now, like you said all that I have on my plate, I cannot add one more thing. I just had a baby last year after 9 years, what was i thinking. KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 11 Affraid
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 19th May 2010, 7:58 pm

I'm returning to school in the fall myself and while I'm excited, I'm NOT!!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 19th May 2010, 11:12 pm

ROTFL @ Poeticlyspkng...I can oh, so relate! ;-)
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 19th May 2010, 11:18 pm

And KNH...congratulations on your accomplishment! KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 11 Icon_cheers

I am determined to cross that stage! I have my friends laughing: Imma be so old when I cross, when they call my name, I won't why..."why dees people keep callin' my name?" LMAO

Yeah, Penny's nickname is Bennie...cuz she's all about the Benjamins! :-)
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 20th May 2010, 1:15 am

Hey lady, I have been MIA from your home, so sorry. Loving the new neighbors!

Love the family pictures!

Bennie, I mean, Penny is looking good, love the color.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 20th May 2010, 7:43 am

CrissyQ (frmly RoseBud) wrote:
KinkyNappyHappy wrote:RYL1....you are so on point it's funny how Penny likes the EVCO that costs $14.99, but she just wasn't feeling the $7.00 EVCO. Yeah her name should be Bennie short for Benjamins $$

O girl I feel ya. I got my degree in 03, and I cannot see myself going back now, like you said all that I have on my plate, I cannot add one more thing. I just had a baby last year after 9 years, what was i thinking. KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 11 Affraid

I had my youngest son at 33 and I felt so complete (if that makes sense) There is only 3 1/2 years between my oldest and my youngest, so you see I really started late!! I've been a single parent for about 16 years...WOW!! So hang in there and enjoy, because it will be over before you know it! Very Happy
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 20th May 2010, 7:45 am

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Hey lady, I have been MIA from your home, so sorry. Loving the new neighbors!

Love the family pictures!

Bennie, I mean, Penny is looking good, love the color.

Hey Chrs **waving**

I know it's hard to get to everyone daily, but just drop on by when you get a chance!!!

Yeah Bennie, I mean Penny is really showing out...I enjoyed my twist out turned fro yesterday. I can't wait to see what she's going to do today!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 20th May 2010, 9:12 am

@ Ryl1 thanks....I know you're right. And congrats to you on finishing up. My mom was saying the same thing about going back to school late in life. She finished her degree at 56, while sick and battling breast cancer. She was determined. It was hard....but never too late.

@KNH, let me find out your hair is a snob. KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 11 Lol Penny has discerning tastes with EVCO....I know that's right. She's high quality and expects you to give her nothing but the best. ***um um, clearing my throat** When are you starting on that Master's? KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 11 Icon_biggrin
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 20th May 2010, 11:47 am

Hey KNH!
How goes it today?
Yep, Penny is a snob...how 'bout that! LMAO

@Dva...no problem at all! KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 11 Icon_biggrin

Have a great day!
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 20th May 2010, 1:17 pm

DvaAuNaturel wrote:@ Ryl1 thanks....I know you're right. And congrats to you on finishing up. My mom was saying the same thing about going back to school late in life. She finished her degree at 56, while sick and battling breast cancer. She was determined. It was hard....but never too late.

@KNH, let me find out your hair is a snob. KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 11 Lol Penny has discerning tastes with EVCO....I know that's right. She's high quality and expects you to give her nothing but the best. ***um um, clearing my throat** When are you starting on that Master's? KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 11 Icon_biggrin

Dva-

I requested the information from TWU. They mailed it to me and I read it. That is as far as I've gotten. So to answer your question...don't think I'm going to do it anytime soon. However, maybe after Xander graduates in 3 years I may change my mind. With him out of HS and hopefully Xavier will be finishing college by then or soon after; I may go back.

I'm still tired from doing UoP online. They say that the program is designed for working adults!! NOT...I worked hard to graduate with at 3.85 GPA, and baby that was challenge trying to keep up with everything I have going on then. I know I wrote about 100 papers in two year! KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 11 Icon_study

**waving**
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 20th May 2010, 1:19 pm

TheRYL1 wrote:Hey KNH!
How goes it today?
Yep, Penny is a snob...how 'bout that! LMAO

@Dva...no problem at all! KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 11 Icon_biggrin

Have a great day!

Hey RYL!

Straight up snob!!! She is a trip, and has a mind of her on as well!!! SMH..

Hope you are having a great day as well!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 20th May 2010, 1:24 pm

howdy neighbor. oh so penny is a diva...where are you getting this $14 EVCO?
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 20th May 2010, 1:31 pm

Just a brief update....on Penny.

So you know yesterday Penny was fro'ed out!!! Well last night I bought some Care Free Curl Moisturizer...now I bought this because by the end of the day Penny felt real dry. Now I could feel that I had product on my hair, but my roots were real dry. (I hope that makes sense) So...I went home and re-twisted with CFCM. My twist were soo cute, that I thought I could were them to work.

Well this morning I used a little KBN butter to do the twist out!! (my department is not ready for the twist look yet) Everything was going well until I tried to removed the parts..you know masage my scalp so I could hid the part. Well..as you may know by now..Penny does what she wants...see the results below:

KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 11 Penny_10

KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 11 Twist_12

KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 11 Pennie10

So...I guess I have a twist-out, fro hawk? Don't know...I'm just letting Penny do her thang!!!

Okay...so what am I doing wrong...how to you keep a twist out still all week and retain mositure? By the end of yesterday...the back of my hair was some what dry...I'm still trying to figure that out!! KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 11 Confused KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 11 Icon_scratch

Well anyway...I guess I'll go see what everyone else is doing today.

Have a great one ladies!!!
KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 20th May 2010, 1:34 pm

CocaColaCutie wrote:howdy neighbor. oh so penny is a diva...where are you getting this $14 EVCO?

The first time I bought it is was at GNC...I saw it at Whole Foods last week when I bought the $7 bottle that Penny doesn't like. I'll post a picture tonight...I need to make a Whole Foods run so I'll get some more...I don't remember the name but I'll post tonight!!

Glad you stopped by...I hope you enjoyed you trip to H-Town despite the bad weather we had this past weekend!!!

*waving*
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 20th May 2010, 1:58 pm

penny is in a frohawk today? She is a mess! LOL
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 20th May 2010, 2:13 pm

CrissyQ (frmly RoseBud) wrote:penny is in a frohawk today? She is a mess! LOL

Yes girl..but she's sooo soft!!! LOL
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 20th May 2010, 3:40 pm

Penny looks wonderful!!! I dig the Frohawk...I love it. I am not sure why she is getting dry by days end. KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 11 Icon_scratch Do you mist in the morning and at night before you retwist? Also maybe try smaller twist so there is not so many parts to hide..does that make sense?
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 20th May 2010, 3:55 pm

The twist-out frohawk looks good!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 20th May 2010, 4:14 pm

i like the end results wit the fro hawk but u probably seperated too much cuz mine gets out of control in the back but then again....so do i cuz im too busy playin in it. also as i seperate my twist i still coil the 2 pieces to keep the spiral-ness of it.

cant help u wit the dryness but when i encounter it, i normally do a pre-poo and/or oil rinse to combat this. i notice my hair is more dry the longer i leave it out and about.

i want to REALLY no TRULY thank u laydeez for keepin me motivated in completing college. i only went for one semester and it stays in the middle of my mind that i need to go back. i always make the first step in goin to talk to a counselor and i always have enuff for 2 classes but THE DEVIL IS A LIE and somethin always comes up where im not able to complete my pymt before the classes start. i know i have to go becuz i gotta set an example for mason (and future madison).
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 20th May 2010, 4:51 pm

AWWWWWWWWW!!! THAT LOOKS SOOOOOOOO CUTE ON YOU!

Sorry for the all caps, but I was really excited. Awesome!
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 20th May 2010, 4:53 pm

Hey KNH...I'm feeling the frohawk! I like the fluffy-ness of it! :-)

JnB used the 3-steps to moisturizing...I tried it...it helps a whole lot...

1. water/wet
2. oil
3. creamy

Try to use your products in that order...you'll see a major difference, especially after wearing your hair out.

Nubie...hey...y'all are motivating me, too! I want to be able to post my cap (in hand cuz fro is too large) & gown pic one day! LOL
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 20th May 2010, 7:06 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:Penny looks wonderful!!! I dig the Frohawk...I love it. I am not sure why she is getting dry by days end. KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 11 Icon_scratch Do you mist in the morning and at night before you retwist? Also maybe try smaller twist so there is not so many parts to hide..does that make sense?

Hey Sweet...

Thanks girl..Penny is something else. One of my co-workers asked if he could touch Penny. I said yes because he asked first, and he was suprised that she was soo soft!!!

No I haven't or didn't know I needed to mist before I twist at night. Maybe that could be it, but I didn't mist in the morning either. I'll try smaller twists tonight and see if that helps!!

Thanks!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 20th May 2010, 7:13 pm

krazy coils wrote:The twist-out frohawk looks good!

Thanks krazy coils...I was concerned at first at how I would be received at work, but everyone was like WOW look at Ms. Deb's hair. LOL

Juices-n-Berries wrote:AWWWWWWWWW!!! THAT LOOKS SOOOOOOOO CUTE ON YOU!

Sorry for the all caps, but I was really excited. Awesome!

Thanks JnB KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 11 Icon_redface I've been watching everyone with this twists challenge and dang gone it I am determined to get a twist style down yet....LOL
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next