CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KinkyNappyHappy - Will be taking a break here and there!

+47
nattyblog
Notthecoolmom
WhosThatRedHead
Karyn
MellowOne
QuietButterfly
jcanalena79
NhappyJackie
Serenity23
BrownSkinDiva
swoodward
priceless
FemmeFox
SheeTacular
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
Intelligentbeauty
CocoEuro
jlowman1
LaToya28
CrissyQ
ChrsLvsBks
poeticlyspkng
AfrikanLatina
mstokes2008
ktoliver5303
BlondeByDesire
Curly_Aquarius
coilykinks
TMS
jamaicacurl
MsJay1121
Nikcoils
Juices-n-Berries
Lynnieluve
CurlsGalore
curlsunfurled
CocaColaCutie
Muz
NubieNatty
bholmes87
DvaAuNaturel
krazy coils
TheRYL1
NylaCoils
LadyMika
sweetdrk1
KinkyNappyHappy
51 posters

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 7 Empty Re: KinkyNappyHappy - Will be taking a break here and there!

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 14th May 2010, 9:10 am

Hey Dva!

That twist-out puff got a lot of attention yesterday. A co-worker that was having a hard time embracing my curls said "I really like your hair it is really growing...you look so jazzy" I was so shocked affraid because she has been real critical since my bc... Rolling Eyes

So...I say "so when are you going to stop with all the chemicals!!!" She says she is considering going natural!!! I would like to think that I've contributed to that, but with her you never know. lol!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 7 Empty Re: KinkyNappyHappy - Will be taking a break here and there!

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 14th May 2010, 9:13 am

Hey Nyla...

Gurl...my jean jacket to me is like Linus with his blanket!!! LOL

I used SYTCC to co-wash with. I still use Oyin HH conditioner as a leave-in.

I guess I could use SYTCC as a leave-in as well. I'm going to check and see if RYL1 is using it as a leave in....I'm sure it can't hurt.

I need to get to your thread to see how your henna turned out!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 14th May 2010, 9:15 am

Hey Curls

I didn't get the e-mail, but I PM loveself!! I haven't gotten anything from her yet so can you e-mail me the information. I plan to attend. Do you still have my personal e-mail?

Let me
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 14th May 2010, 9:15 am

lol, knh! i see u recruiting n all. the main critics of bc's always come back around as ur hair gets longer! when i had my twa i had so many haters n now that its longer their like "ooooh ok, im comin around to likin it more n more" i be like i dnt care whether u come around or not cuz i KNOW im the shizzle! **2 snaps in a Z formation**
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 14th May 2010, 9:25 am

Morning Curlies...

I got my KBN products yesterday!!! dance I was soo impressed with the scent that I started twisting while I was at the barber shop with Xander. (I was in the truck) This is some good stuff...the hair/body butter has so many butters in it...you hair can't help but to be mositurized!!! dance I'll give more details later!!!

Anyway....I'm still twisted and it's NOT a puff. I'm in a hurry cause I've got to leave home in about 20 minutes. Headed to Baton Rouge, LA to pick up my college student for the summer!!! woot! It's been a good first year for us (or rather me) I think he was alright....I just had a lot to adjust to. More good news...He just received a letter inviting him to be apart of the Phi Sigma Theta National Honor Society Shocked I am so proud of him!! I love you

Koils by Natural is the business. I really have a nice twist out!! I'll post pictures this afternoon while Xavier is driving us back home!!!

Have a great day ladies....TGIF run

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 14th May 2010, 9:27 am

Hey Nubie...

You are right, but girl it is my mission to educate the uneducated about natural hair!! The must be informed, but I do rub it in when they finally come around!!

I kept telling her...look how jazzy I look today!!! LOL (we are cool like that)
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 14th May 2010, 10:19 am

Hey there KNH!!

Travel safely and I am happy your package arrived!!! I can't wait to see the twists! TGIF!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 14th May 2010, 10:20 am

I cant wait to see your twist out! Is it in a puff? KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 7 Icon_lol
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 14th May 2010, 12:29 pm

hey honey, happy friday!
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 14th May 2010, 7:01 pm

Trying to use my son's state of the art laptop, but doesn't look like he has that much battery left. Here is a picture I tried to take with his webcam!! I'll post better pictures when I get home!!

KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 7 16511910

See it's really a twist out and not a puff!!! LOl @ Lyn Not too bad for my first time out!!! LOL I love KBN...will shampoo tonight if I'm not tired and try the leave-in as well.

I'll check in later!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 14th May 2010, 7:06 pm

From what I can see it looks good!! And it's hanging down!!! KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 7 Icon_cheers
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 15th May 2010, 10:28 am

Well...we made it back safely, and since I didn't feel too tired I decided to co-wash my twists. (which I re-twisted on the way back) I should have followed my first thought and did my regiment; however, I didn't want to stay up that late.

As I begin to co-wash a couple of twists came undone. Well I just figured that I would take that opportunity to detangle my hair. (hadn't done this in a week) So as I combed through my hair with my big tooth comb all I could see were strands of hair everywhere. affraid Now I know that you should see some shedding, but some of the hairs didn't have bubs at the end. pale

As I proceed to add my leave-in conditioner KBN's I still noticed shedding. I like Oyin's leave in much better. I proceed to style because it was getting late and I wanted to go to bed.

I'm not sure what has contributed to this newly developed condition with Penny, confused but this is what I plan to do when I finally get home this evening.

1) shampoo - I'm sure I have some product build-up
2) bentonite clay treatment
3) DC for about 4 or 5 hours (would do this over night but I have church @ 7:30am Sunday)
4) Trim my ends. I haven't done this since February and I noticed when I was twisting that my ends looked little raggedy.
5) Pray....that a trim is all that's going wrong here.

I thought about the different products I used last week and I only used bumble & bumble and MiraCurl. Now when I did my twist out Puff I just used Shea Butter. Nothing different other than the YTCC but I just noticed the shedding last night and I've used YTCC since Mon or Tues and there wasn't any shedding then!!

Well...I did about 11 flat twists in the front and pulled the sides and back up into a puff!! Kinda cute but I can't enjoy the style because I'm concerned about the shedding.

Well...I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.

KNH Crying or Very sad
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 15th May 2010, 10:37 am

I had that problem last week when I detangled I had a LOT of hair coming out, and more came out when I was washing it, but this week I barely had any, so maybe last week was my hair's week to just REALLY let go? LOL, but I hadn't used any new products on my hair last week so I don't know what it was ~shrug~

Kimmaytube has a vid where she shows how she documents how much hair she's shed each week so she knows when to freak out and when it's normal. I think I'll start doing that after I BC, but maybe you should consider trying that too-- it's probably a good way to figure out our hair's cycle Smile
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 15th May 2010, 10:40 am

Oh...with all the shedding and picking up my son from school I forgot to mention that yesterday marked 1 year since my last relaxer!!!

WOW....... that seems so long ago, but while I was transitioning it felt like being natural was so far away. I hope that makes sense!!!

Well anyway...Yeah me!!! cheers
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 15th May 2010, 10:45 am

Hi Muz...

You know the last time I experienced shedding like this was in December. I contributed that to my hair reacting to the cold weather. However, I did do a trim....didn't have a clue as to what I was doing. Then I did another trim in February before I got my braids. (which I took down in April) Now it's May and I'm thinking it's trim time again!!

Keeping a record is a great idea..thanks for the suggestion. That helped me to realize just now that I've trimmed in the past every 8 weeks, and I guess I'm over due. I hope that's all I need to do!!

Thanks again for the suggestion!!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 15th May 2010, 10:51 am

No Prob, here's the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqSCylhBF3Q
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 15th May 2010, 10:59 am

So you are trimming your ends every 8 weeks? If our hair only grows 1/2 inch a month on average, how do you plan to retain length if you keep cutting?

I think you need to look deeper into what's causing the shedding....shedding cycle? not being gentle enough with your hair? hair tangling more because it's getting longer? moisture/protein balance? need to shampoo more often?

Also if the hair didnt have the bulb on it, that's breakage.

That's just my two cents.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 15th May 2010, 5:40 pm

lynnie u forgot ur real 2 cents KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 7 Icon_monkey KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 7 Icon_monkey

when i had shedding in the winter time my SAS cleared it right on up and i havent been shedding since then. i do also use some SAS every now n then and im probably due for some now. i've yet to trim though. im so on the fence becuz im tryin to include payin more attn to my ends esp when i pre-poo n seal but since i got a different type of texture goin on the top i'd be clipping for days tryin to get it right. even when i had a perm i only trimmed maybe twice a year. it was only definite after wearing braids!

how can u tell when u need a trim? i forgot what femme said... KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 7 Icon_scratch
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 15th May 2010, 8:08 pm

Nubie I sure did forget to put my two cents on there. I'm glad you did it for me. LOL!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 15th May 2010, 11:39 pm

KNH safe travels. Hope you figure out the shedding. Sorry that's happening.

Congrats on 1 year milestone! KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 7 Icon_biggrin
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly_Aquarius 16th May 2010, 2:48 am

KNH How you doing? I like the pic of the curl looks so soft and moisturized!
Curly_Aquarius
Curly_Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 16th May 2010, 9:51 am

@Lynn & Nubie

I doing my reggie right now.

Lynn - I agree I may need to look deeper into my shedding. I hadn't detangled in a while...so this may be some of the problem with wearing w&n's for about 3 weeks. Not sure...

Nubie - I've been using Bed Head MM which has a little protein in it. I've done a protein/moisture dc alternating weeks, but I've discovered that my hair is slightly protein sensitive so I try to use a good conditioner with protein in it weekly. Hence for the usage of Bed Head MM.

I've trimmed my hair at least twice in the last 6 months. Some how I've managed to retain length; however, I'm sure it would be longer by now but I've only taken down about 1/2 inch the top and on the sides, and 1 inch in the back. I will see what my results are after I do my reggie..which I'm doing a bentonite clay treatment right now, which I plan to follow with a DC.

Lynn/Nubie - thanks so much for your suggestions, tips and two cents..(next time a couple of dollars along with that two cents can't hurt...LOL)

Much love ladies!!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 16th May 2010, 9:54 am

@Dva- thanks girl...I can't believe its been a year!!! Working on trying to solve the shedding right now!!

@CurlyA - thanks for stopping by. We are having a meet-up June 5th hope to see you there!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 16th May 2010, 10:48 am

Happy Sunday!! Sorry to hear about the shedding, I am sure it will work out. I hope you have a good Sunday.
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 16th May 2010, 10:55 am

Thanks Kt....

I'm almost done with my reggie and I didn't have as much shedding, but I'll see after I rinse out the dc...
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next