CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KinkyNappyHappy - Will be taking a break here and there!

+47
nattyblog
Notthecoolmom
WhosThatRedHead
Karyn
MellowOne
QuietButterfly
jcanalena79
NhappyJackie
Serenity23
BrownSkinDiva
swoodward
priceless
FemmeFox
SheeTacular
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
Intelligentbeauty
CocoEuro
jlowman1
LaToya28
CrissyQ
ChrsLvsBks
poeticlyspkng
AfrikanLatina
mstokes2008
ktoliver5303
BlondeByDesire
Curly_Aquarius
coilykinks
TMS
jamaicacurl
MsJay1121
Nikcoils
Juices-n-Berries
Lynnieluve
CurlsGalore
curlsunfurled
CocaColaCutie
Muz
NubieNatty
bholmes87
DvaAuNaturel
krazy coils
TheRYL1
NylaCoils
LadyMika
sweetdrk1
KinkyNappyHappy
51 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 12 Empty Re: KinkyNappyHappy - Will be taking a break here and there!

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 20th May 2010, 7:30 pm

NubieNatty wrote:i like the end results wit the fro hawk but u probably seperated too much cuz mine gets out of control in the back but then again....so do i cuz im too busy playin in it. also as i seperate my twist i still coil the 2 pieces to keep the spiral-ness of it.

cant help u wit the dryness but when i encounter it, i normally do a pre-poo and/or oil rinse to combat this. i notice my hair is more dry the longer i leave it out and about.

i want to REALLY no TRULY thank u laydeez for keepin me motivated in completing college. i only went for one semester and it stays in the middle of my mind that i need to go back. i always make the first step in goin to talk to a counselor and i always have enuff for 2 classes but THE DEVIL IS A LIE and somethin always comes up where im not able to complete my pymt before the classes start. i know i have to go becuz i gotta set an example for mason (and future madison).

Yeah...I think I did, (seperate it too much) but it was so soft it really just looked like lot of curls. I am going to try smaller twists and see if coiling each piece when I seperate helps..thanks for the tip!

My sons were the main reason I went back. I preached school, school, school and told them that college was an expectation not a choice. I have very smart children (for real) and I know them like a book, and one day I could just hear them say "But mom you didn't finish" THAT would have been so embarrassing to me. KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 12 Icon_redface So...I figured I had to walk the walk and set the example. It was all worth it when my oldest son's band director told me that my son said I was the person he admired the most, because I went back to school and got my degree while taking care of them, working and still holding everything together. I really didn't think they were paying attention.

Do it for you, but most of all for Mason and Madison (I love that for a girl name).

I have my degree sitting on top of the TV in the family room for all of the world to see!!! Masters....hmmm I will have to do that once I finish raising Mr. Xander. I have to have my radar alert when dealing with him (no distractions for real) I can't let nothing get by me KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 12 Icon_eek gurl he's something else...LOL

It is hard getting started...but just make a Nike commercial KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 12 Nikeand just do it.... KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 12 Icon_biggrin
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 12 Empty Re: KinkyNappyHappy - Will be taking a break here and there!

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 20th May 2010, 7:33 pm

TheRYL1 wrote:Hey KNH...I'm feeling the frohawk! I like the fluffy-ness of it! :-)

JnB used the 3-steps to moisturizing...I tried it...it helps a whole lot...

1. water/wet
2. oil
3. creamy

Try to use your products in that order...you'll see a major difference, especially after wearing your hair out.

Nubie...hey...y'all are motivating me, too! I want to be able to post my cap (in hand cuz fro is too large) & gown pic one day! LOL

Hey RYL1

Water, oil, creamy....okay..gotta figure out that 2nd step!

Hang in there RYL1 both you and Nubie will be posting pictures and asking for graduation hair suggestions...LOL
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 20th May 2010, 7:59 pm

Penny looked cute today. Sorry I can't help much with the moisture issue but Ryl1 is on it. The video Shee shared with me has those exact steps, water based moisturizer/conditioner, oil (seal), and then creamy (styler)-I think. Check it out in my thread. I would post but don't know how to post YT videos. KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 12 Icon_redface
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 21st May 2010, 8:47 am

DvaAuNaturel wrote:Penny looked cute today. Sorry I can't help much with the moisture issue but Ryl1 is on it. The video Shee shared with me has those exact steps, water based moisturizer/conditioner, oil (seal), and then creamy (styler)-I think. Check it out in my thread. I would post but don't know how to post YT videos. KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 12 Icon_redface

Hey Dva....

Thats okay, but thanks for your concern. I will check out the video posted in your thread, but I read about how to retain moisture on Tia's blog and it makes so much sense. I am going to print it and try her method. If I include moisture in every step of my regiment I shouldn't have this dryness I'm experiencing.

Thanks for checking on me!!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly_Aquarius 21st May 2010, 8:48 am

I loved Penny in the recent pics work it girl!! Very Happy I am almost finished with my BA! I plan to go right into my M.A. program of choice. If it was not for my hubby being so supportive I would have never went back. I do see how my kids keep up with my grades now, The boys always ask did I do my homework, My daughter asked me recently what was my GPA!! I told her 3.0 she said "Moma you can do better than that!" So I see the children are really paying attention to moma's education.
Curly_Aquarius
Curly_Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 21st May 2010, 8:59 am

TGIF y'all dance

I can't tell when my week ends and my weekend begins cause I am so busy right now!! No SMH

I plan to henna this weekend and really plan out my regiment to include moisture....so be ready for pictures of my steps and products that I used.

I re-twisted last night....I'll be surprised with the outcome!! However, I'll post pictures when I get to work. I noticed something when I was twisting...the area where I had scab hair (in the middle) the ends are real dry.. not the new growth. The ends which has the color on it is what's real dry.

I am going to try and be patient and keep Penny moisturized, cause I really don't want to lose my new found length because it would require that I cut about 2 inches! The sad part is it is only in the middled section right below the crown and before the nape of my hair!!!

Anyway...I read last night that shea butter is best used to seal our ends. Thoughts on this ladies? Just curious...

Well...gotta run so I can get Mr. Xander to school on time!!

I'll post pictures when I get to work...

Blessings Ladies!!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 21st May 2010, 9:02 am

Curly_Aquarius wrote:I loved Penny in the recent pics work it girl!! Very Happy I am almost finished with my BA! I plan to go right into my M.A. program of choice. If it was not for my hubby being so supportive I would have never went back. I do see how my kids keep up with my grades now, The boys always ask did I do my homework, My daughter asked me recently what was my GPA!! I told her 3.0 she said "Moma you can do better than that!" So I see the children are really paying attention to moma's education.

Morning Curly A
Girl Penny is doing what she wants...I'm just trying to keep up with her...LOL

Congratulations on your GPA...honey I know how much work that is with being a mom, wife and if you work that is a whole different things as well!!! Yes...they really do pay attention and I think it helps them see the big picture!! Keep up the good work!!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 21st May 2010, 9:16 am

I liked the fohawk!! Penny looks great. Looking at your hair keeps making me want to color. How did you get your sides to stay down. I tried that this morning and it was like HA NO!
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 21st May 2010, 12:01 pm

ktoliver5303 wrote:I liked the fohawk!! Penny looks great. Looking at your hair keeps making me want to color. How did you get your sides to stay down. I tried that this morning and it was like HA NO!

Hey KT....don't color use henna! I wish I didn't color for real, but once is grows out I'm not going to do it again!! I used hair clips to pin up the sides...real easy!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 21st May 2010, 12:19 pm

Well..guess what? I'm twisted at work!!! For real...I am really wearing a twist out at work today. See....

KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 12 Debora84

KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 12 Debora85

KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 12 Debora86

I am too excited. I tried the tips and suggestions from Sweet (twist smaller) and Nubie (don't try and seperate too much) and look what happened!!! KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 12 617583 Thanks ladies!!! I still need to work on the top and back...still looks like a curly fro, but I'm getting there!!!

I've got so much work its not even funny, and on a Friday to!!! KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 12 Icon_rolleyes This use to be my chill day but I see that's NOT going to happen. I'll check back around lunch time...to see what going on in the neighborhood!!

Bye KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 12 Icon_rr
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 21st May 2010, 12:46 pm

Hey KNH! Your twist out looks fabulous! Your pic came up and I thought WOWZERS!!! Totally on point! I henna'ed last night and twisted too but wasn't in the mood to twist so I made them fat and ended up with major shrinkage but moisturized hair. I added to my henna a couple tablespoons of olive oil mixed with some herbs I got from Trader Joe. I had also added some to my aohsr condish which I used to dc right after the henna treatment. My hair is absolutely moisturized! You should try it.
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 21st May 2010, 12:49 pm

Awww sooky sooky now!!!! Work it Bennie, I mean Penny!!! Very Cute KNH!!! IT LOOKS SO GOOD!!!!

Now back to the moisture issue....TheRyl1 gave you excellent advice...that's the Chicoro method she is referring to. I use that method to moisturize Roxie. On wash day, I apply my leave in (Giovanni), oil (coconut oil), creamy moisturizer (my shea butter mix). Roxie stays moisturized for about 2 or 3 days before I have to re-moisturize. On nights I re-twist, I like to use something a little lighter than my shea butter. Like a hair milk (which I am out of). So I have been using the Detangling Ghee (since it can be used a leave in) to retwist and seal my ends with KBB jojoba hair oil. I hope this helps.

I have also hear that shea butter is best to seal ends but I like using a light oil....like jojoba or coconut oil.

I hope this helps!!!

Work it Penny!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 21st May 2010, 12:51 pm

poeticlyspkng wrote:Hey KNH! Your twist out looks fabulous! Your pic came up and I thought WOWZERS!!! Totally on point! I henna'ed last night and twisted too but wasn't in the mood to twist so I made them fat and ended up with major shrinkage but moisturized hair. I added to my henna a couple tablespoons of olive oil mixed with some herbs I got from Trader Joe. I had also added some to my aohsr condish which I used to dc right after the henna treatment. My hair is absolutely moisturized! You should try it.

Thanks Poetic....

How long did you leave the henna in your hair? The last time I did a henna I used mineral water, lemon juice, EVOO and Honey. What herbs did you use? Did you add the conditioner directly in the henna? Just curious....I may add some EVCO..not sure yet.

Thanks...I'm going to get my twist outs down if it kills me!! LOL

Did you take pictues of your hair? Headed to you house to see...

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 21st May 2010, 12:53 pm

Curly_Aquarius wrote:I loved Penny in the recent pics work it girl!! KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 12 Icon_biggrin I am almost finished with my BA! I plan to go right into my M.A. program of choice. If it was not for my hubby being so supportive I would have never went back. I do see how my kids keep up with my grades now, The boys always ask did I do my homework, My daughter asked me recently what was my GPA!! I told her 3.0 she said "Moma you can do better than that!" So I see the children are really paying attention to moma's education.

Awwww, that is so cute. KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 12 Icon_biggrin
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 21st May 2010, 12:55 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Well..guess what? I'm twisted at work!!! For real...I am really wearing a twist out at work today. See....

I am too excited. I tried the tips and suggestions from Sweet (twist smaller) and Nubie (don't try and seperate too much) and look what happened!!! KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 12 617583 Thanks ladies!!! I still need to work on the top and back...still looks like a curly fro, but I'm getting there!!!

I've got so much work its not even funny, and on a Friday to!!! KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 12 Icon_rolleyes This use to be my chill day but I see that's NOT going to happen. I'll check back around lunch time...to see what going on in the neighborhood!!

Bye KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 12 Icon_rr

Your twistout looks fantastic. Your color is really poppin'. I will check out the moisture post too on Tia's blog. Enjoy the rest of your day!
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 21st May 2010, 12:56 pm

KNH I LOOOOOOVE YOUR FROHAWK!!! Twisted or not, it's super chic afro
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 21st May 2010, 12:59 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:Awww sooky sooky now!!!! Work it Bennie, KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 12 Lol I mean Penny!!! Very Cute KNH!!! IT LOOKS SO GOOD!!!!

Now back to the moisture issue....TheRyl1 gave you excellent advice...that's the Chicoro method she is referring to. I use that method to moisturize Roxie. On wash day, I apply my leave in (Giovanni), oil (coconut oil), creamy moisturizer (my shea butter mix). Okay this does make sense now...I couldn't figure out the oil and cream..so I can use coconut oil and my KBN butters as the creamy moisturizer right?

Roxie stays moisturized for about 2 or 3 days before I have to re-moisturize. On nights I re-twist, I like to use something a little lighter than my shea butter. Like a hair milk (which I am out of). Do you mist Roxie when you have to re-twist? So I have been using the Detangling Ghee I couldn't figure out how to use my ghee so I gave it away. *sigh* So do you think that KBB hair nectar will work as well? (since it can be used a leave in) to retwist and seal my ends with KBB jojoba hair oil. this I have!! I hope this helps.

I have also hear that shea butter is best to seal ends but I like using a light oil....like jojoba or coconut oil.

I hope this helps!!!

Work it Penny!!!

Yes it does help...thank you so much!!!!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 21st May 2010, 1:01 pm

bholmes87 wrote:KNH I LOOOOOOVE YOUR FROHAWK!!! Twisted or not, it's super chic KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 12 Icon_rr

awwwww Thanks B!! I'm really trying to get the twist method down. I think it would be a great weekend style, and I could twist-out during the week. Just the opposite of what you guys are doing in the challenge!!! KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 12 Icon_biggrin
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 21st May 2010, 1:04 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:
Lynnieluve wrote:Awww sooky sooky now!!!! Work it Bennie, KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 12 Lol I mean Penny!!! Very Cute KNH!!! IT LOOKS SO GOOD!!!!

Now back to the moisture issue....TheRyl1 gave you excellent advice...that's the Chicoro method she is referring to. I use that method to moisturize Roxie. On wash day, I apply my leave in (Giovanni), oil (coconut oil), creamy moisturizer (my shea butter mix). Okay this does make sense now...I couldn't figure out the oil and cream..so I can use coconut oil and my KBN butters as the creamy moisturizer right? Yes, you can!

Roxie stays moisturized for about 2 or 3 days before I have to re-moisturize. On nights I re-twist, I like to use something a little lighter than my shea butter. Like a hair milk (which I am out of). Do you mist Roxie when you have to re-twist? Yes I mist her lightly...dont want to cause shrinkage. So I have been using the Detangling Ghee I couldn't figure out how to use my ghee so I gave it away. *sigh* So do you think that KBB hair nectar will work as well? Yep it light. (since it can be used a leave in) to retwist and seal my ends with KBB jojoba hair oil. this I have!! You should use it....it smells so good. I have the Luscious Pear. I hope this helps.

I hope this helps!!!

Work it Penny!!!

You should try it....I bet Penny wouldnt have anything to say after that.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 21st May 2010, 1:27 pm

WOW!! I missed a lot!! I think I lost you when you got over 40 pages. You been journaling up some stuff! I love the henna results and your new avi!!
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 21st May 2010, 1:29 pm

DvaAuNaturel wrote:
KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Well..guess what? I'm twisted at work!!! For real...I am really wearing a twist out at work today. See....

Your twistout looks fantastic. Your color is really poppin'. I will check out the moisture post too on Tia's blog. Enjoy the rest of your day!

Thanks Dva!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 21st May 2010, 1:31 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:
KinkyNappyHappy wrote:

Now back to the moisture issue....TheRyl1 gave you excellent advice...that's the Chicoro method she is referring to. I use that method to moisturize Roxie. On wash day, I apply my leave in (Giovanni), oil (coconut oil), creamy moisturizer (my shea butter mix). Okay this does make sense now...I couldn't figure out the oil and cream..so I can use coconut oil and my KBN butters as the creamy moisturizer right? Yes, you can!

Roxie stays moisturized for about 2 or 3 days before I have to re-moisturize. On nights I re-twist, I like to use something a little lighter than my shea butter. Like a hair milk (which I am out of). Do you mist Roxie when you have to re-twist? Yes I mist her lightly...dont want to cause shrinkage. So I have been using the Detangling Ghee I couldn't figure out how to use my ghee so I gave it away. *sigh* So do you think that KBB hair nectar will work as well? Yep it light. (since it can be used a leave in) to retwist and seal my ends with KBB jojoba hair oil. this I have!! You should use it....it smells so good. I have the Luscious Pear. I hope this helps.

I hope this helps!!!

Work it Penny!!!

You should try it....I bet Penny wouldnt have anything to say after that.

I am...going today to Whole Foods (need some more EVCO) since I didn't make it to Target this morning...LOL I'm going to try Giovanni and she how Penny responds!! I'll keep you posted!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 21st May 2010, 1:33 pm

SheeTacular_Napps wrote:WOW!! I missed a lot!! I think I lost you when you got over 40 pages. You been journaling up some stuff! I love the henna results and your new avi!!

Hey Shee...

I'm been keeping up with you on FB..please keep the videos coming. Thanks I was suprised with my henna results. It took about 2 weeks for me to really see the benefits as well as like it.

Hope you are having a great day!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 21st May 2010, 1:38 pm

Your hair and that color are looking good!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 21st May 2010, 1:41 pm

krazy coils wrote:Your hair and that color are looking good!

Thank you KC...the black roots are driving me crazy!!! LOL

Have a great day...thanks for stopping by!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next