CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KinkyNappyHappy - Will be taking a break here and there!

+47
nattyblog
Notthecoolmom
WhosThatRedHead
Karyn
MellowOne
QuietButterfly
jcanalena79
NhappyJackie
Serenity23
BrownSkinDiva
swoodward
priceless
FemmeFox
SheeTacular
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
Intelligentbeauty
CocoEuro
jlowman1
LaToya28
CrissyQ
ChrsLvsBks
poeticlyspkng
AfrikanLatina
mstokes2008
ktoliver5303
BlondeByDesire
Curly_Aquarius
coilykinks
TMS
jamaicacurl
MsJay1121
Nikcoils
Juices-n-Berries
Lynnieluve
CurlsGalore
curlsunfurled
CocaColaCutie
Muz
NubieNatty
bholmes87
DvaAuNaturel
krazy coils
TheRYL1
NylaCoils
LadyMika
sweetdrk1
KinkyNappyHappy
51 posters

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 10 Empty Re: KinkyNappyHappy - Will be taking a break here and there!

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 19th May 2010, 8:59 am

Morning Curlies....

Well...I did my mid week co-wash before Wednesday because the drill team has to perform tonight at church!! Yeah...that means I have to wear that ugly uniform and the hideous hat!!! So I co-washed my hair and did a 2 strand twist. Don't know what style I'll end up with today. Will post pictures when I get to work of course!!

I didn't have much shedding at all. I think the reason I had so much shedding last week was due to the fact that I hadn't detangled my hair since I took my braids out!! I guess that is something I will need to do weekly. I wonder how did I let that process fall off my radar. I guess I thought that detangling with my fingers was enought! I have a denman brush so I don't know why I wasn't using it. So...anyway I did have a little shedding but it was the norm and not much breakage at all!!!

Understanding Penny is a process, but I do know this...she only like Bed Head MM conditioner. That's it; That's all. So for co-washes and leave-in conditioners BH MM is what I must use!! I will try to sneak in few others every now and then, but I must give Penny what she wants!!

I'll use the other conditioners I have in my oil & water mixtures. As I learn more about Penny I'll make sure to share.. so please feel free to give me tips, advice and suggestions. I know there is another curly out there somewhere that is my hair twin, and I would love to find her so I can't cut this learning process in half!

Well, that's all for now and I'll check back in around lunch time.

Hope everyone has a great hair day!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 10 Empty Re: KinkyNappyHappy - Will be taking a break here and there!

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 19th May 2010, 9:01 am

Curly_Aquarius wrote:KNH, The job is yours claim it girl! And I will love to see the pics but I still might try to sneak out and meet and greet for a lil while, I believe my daughter needs to meet yall since she is a teenage curly she needs that extra "push"

Hey CurlyA...thanks girl I'm so receiving that. I hope you can make it! It would be so cool to meet your daughter. I see a lot of curly teens at my church and my son's school. I'm so glad she's not asking you to get a perm!! I'm sure it has a lot to do with you being natural as well.

Thanks for stopping by!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 19th May 2010, 9:02 am

DvaAuNaturel wrote:KNH I don't know how I missed your post about the interview. I'm so glad it went well. Praying for you for part 2.

Thanks Dva...
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 19th May 2010, 9:03 am

Lynnieluve wrote:Just stopping through to see what's for dinner.....I'll be back with my tupperware. I need a plate 3 to go plates....please and thank you!! LOL!!

Hey Lynn...

Girl you know I hate to cook, but come by this weekend for breakfast. I will be making pancakes, bacon and eggs. It will be ready about 8!! LOL

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 19th May 2010, 9:07 am

DvaAuNaturel wrote:
TheRYL1 wrote:Hey KNH!

I'm praying that that job is yours! :-)

Keep pounding it into the X-Mens' heads about what you expect of them; they'll soak it in!

I've pounded the Daughter about college first (educate yourself, baby)...then get married...then have that kid! I'm honest...you can do it in any order you want really, but this way will be sooooo much the better! Quote: If you can't take care of yourself, how can you take care of someone else?

Yeah, that Nubie is too funny! "wastin my daym time...rips off mike"... KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 10 Lol

Ryl1 it's funny you mention this. I was just telling my mom yesterday I wish I hadn't been trying to do things so right all along. They slowed me down. Now all of my friends have kids, or are about done, and I haven't even started. A couple of girls got pregnant in college and ended up finishing. I agree with you but in the back of my mind, I wonder sometimes, if it would have been okay to take more chances. Would have been hard but I'm just sayin'. IDK guess I'm just ready and tired of waiting.....anyhoo

Dva...wait I promise doing it the right way is so worth it!!! I didn't plan to raise my sons all by myself, but I'm so glad I didn't have them in my 20's!! I was so not ready to raise anybody. Plus you need that daddy there for financial and moral support. Hang in there God has what you need on they way. Just be patient!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly_Aquarius 19th May 2010, 9:08 am

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:
Curly_Aquarius wrote:KNH, The job is yours claim it girl! And I will love to see the pics but I still might try to sneak out and meet and greet for a lil while, I believe my daughter needs to meet yall since she is a teenage curly she needs that extra "push"

Hey CurlyA...thanks girl I'm so receiving that. I hope you can make it! It would be so cool to meet your daughter. I see a lot of curly teens at my church and my son's school. I'm so glad she's not asking you to get a perm!! I'm sure it has a lot to do with you being natural as well.

Thanks for stopping by!!

KNH
Well she is the only curly at her school! So it was hard on her. As far as for church it is pretty much the same the teens are weaved or permed up. My current problem with her is finding a "natural" style for her Jr. prom in two weeks this is gonna be a challenge! It took some TALL talking to get her on board with being natural, with her being 14 and 5'9 1/2 she did not want to stand out anymore, but now she is feeling her hair and I am glad.

Last edited by Curly_Aquarius on 19th May 2010, 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Curly_Aquarius
Curly_Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 19th May 2010, 12:19 pm

Hey..I am happy your are listening to Penny and giving her what she wants!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 19th May 2010, 12:54 pm

hey mamma hows it going? I had to learn to listen to my hair. O wow I cant even call her rose no more, that was the old name. OK honey I need a name.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 19th May 2010, 1:00 pm

CrissyQ (frmly RoseBud) wrote:hey mamma hows it going? I had to learn to listen to my hair. O wow I cant even call her rose no more, that was the old name. OK honey I need a name.

Okay Mama Rose (remember from the Temptations) I'm on it!!! (the name that is)

But who is CrissyQ? What is the story behind that name? I'm waiting cause I know this is going to be good!! KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 10 Icon_biggrin
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 19th May 2010, 1:01 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:Hey..I am happy your are listening to Penny and giving her what she wants!

Hey Sweet

I just had to tell you that you have a such a pretty smile!! Love that avatar...don't know which on is my favorite..oh yes I do!! The puff picture that you took about 3 week ago remember!

Yeah...Penny is kinda running things over here. She is just doing what she wants to do!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 19th May 2010, 1:03 pm

So...I did twist last night and guess what? Penny is in a straight up fro!!! KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 10 Lol I think what happened is I did the twist with the butter and not enough gel!!! Pictures coming before lunch!!

KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 10 Debora83

I look like this KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 10 Icon_rr with a headband on!! Now I wonder how in the world am I going to get that hat on tonight!!! LOL

Last edited by KinkyNappyHappy on 19th May 2010, 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Post Picture)
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 19th May 2010, 1:07 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:
CrissyQ (frmly RoseBud) wrote:hey mamma hows it going? I had to learn to listen to my hair. O wow I cant even call her rose no more, that was the old name. OK honey I need a name.

But who is CrissyQ? What is the story behind that name? I'm waiting cause I know this is going to be good!! KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 10 Icon_biggrin

i got kicked out yesterday and could not logg back in. i think it was my computer at work, so i had to create a new profille. well crystal is my name (Crissy) and the Q i just threw in there.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 19th May 2010, 1:17 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:
DvaAuNaturel wrote:

Keep pounding it into the X-Mens' heads about what you expect of them; they'll soak it in!

I've pounded the Daughter about college first (educate yourself, baby)...then get married...then have that kid! I'm honest...you can do it in any order you want really, but this way will be sooooo much the better! Quote: If you can't take care of yourself, how can you take care of someone else?

Yeah, that Nubie is too funny! "wastin my daym time...rips off mike"... KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 10 Lol

Ryl1 it's funny you mention this. I was just telling my mom yesterday I wish I hadn't been trying to do things so right all along. They slowed me down. Now all of my friends have kids, or are about done, and I haven't even started. A couple of girls got pregnant in college and ended up finishing. I agree with you but in the back of my mind, I wonder sometimes, if it would have been okay to take more chances. Would have been hard but I'm just sayin'. IDK guess I'm just ready and tired of waiting.....anyhoo

Dva...wait I promise doing it the right way is so worth it!!! I didn't plan to raise my sons all by myself, but I'm so glad I didn't have them in my 20's!! I was so not ready to raise anybody. Plus you need that daddy there for financial and moral support. Hang in there God has what you need on they way. Just be patient!!

Afternoon....thanks for that. I keep telling myself patience (and waiting on God) will win out. I'll just be the person asked, "are those your grandkids" LOL!

On the hair side, glad you know what Penny likes and needs. BH MM is good, so that's a good thing.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 19th May 2010, 1:25 pm

CrissyQ (frmly RoseBud) wrote:
KinkyNappyHappy wrote:

i got kicked out yesterday and could not logg back in. i think it was my computer at work, so i had to create a new profille. well crystal is my name (Crissy) and the Q i just threw in there.

CrissyQ is cute...and creative!! Love it!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 19th May 2010, 1:27 pm

DvaAuNaturel wrote:
KinkyNappyHappy wrote:
DvaAuNaturel wrote:

Afternoon....thanks for that. I keep telling myself patience (and waiting on God) will win out. I'll just be the person asked, "are those your grandkids" LOL!

On the hair side, glad you know what Penny likes and needs. BH MM is good, so that's a good thing.

I have a girlfriend on facebook that has a 3 year old and she gets that all the time, but heck who cares...Preston is sooo cute and she is the best mom ever, and you will be too!!

Yeah...Penny is a trip BH MM is $21.99...but oh well!! LOL
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly_Aquarius 19th May 2010, 2:43 pm

I like the fro look on you! Very Happy
Curly_Aquarius
Curly_Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 19th May 2010, 4:07 pm

Curly_Aquarius wrote:I like the fro look on you! KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 10 Icon_biggrin

Thank you CurlyA....

I know now that I can get the fro look with out doing a blow out!!! Yeah me KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 10 678474 Also, I'm pleased to report I broke my first headband!!! So that means I got some thickness going on here too!!! KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 10 Lol
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 19th May 2010, 4:16 pm

RAWK DAT FRO. KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 10 Icon_rr Love it. I know how you feel...Gypsy runs the show in our relationship, so I have no choice BUT to listen. KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 10 Icon_lol So far, so good!

LMAO at breaking headbands! Yet another curly/kinky milestone reached.KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 10 Lol Great job!
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 19th May 2010, 4:19 pm

Curly_Aquarius wrote:I like the fro look on you! KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 10 Icon_biggrin

Me too!
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 19th May 2010, 5:27 pm

Hey quick question, how long has it been since your last relaxer?
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 19th May 2010, 5:50 pm

CrissyQ (frmly RoseBud) wrote:Hey quick question, how long has it been since your last relaxer?

Glad you asked....1 year last Friday. I got my last relaxer May 14, 2009!!! KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 10 678474
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 19th May 2010, 6:01 pm

LadyMika wrote:RAWK DAT FRO. KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 10 Icon_rr Love it. I know how you feel...Gypsy runs the show in our relationship, so I have no choice BUT to listen. KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 10 Icon_lol So far, so good!

LMAO at breaking headbands! Yet another curly/kinky milestone reached.KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 10 Lol Great job!

Gypsy and Penny must be related!! LOL I heard something snap..I was like was that, and low and behold it was my headband. I was SMH...and smiling!! I agree another curly/kinky milestone now if I could just get a awesome tight twist out style I would be so happy. I know its coming just a matter of time!!!

DvaAuNaturel wrote:

Me too!

Thanks Dva & LadyM...I promise I was amiming for a twist out...but I sure will take this fro. That KBN butter is the business for real!!! It looks like I have a lot of hair!!!

LOL
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 19th May 2010, 6:26 pm

ok what SMH? KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 10 Confused I see it all the time.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 19th May 2010, 6:27 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:
DvaAuNaturel wrote:
KinkyNappyHappy wrote:
DvaAuNaturel wrote:

I have a girlfriend on facebook that has a 3 year old and she gets that all the time, but heck who cares...Preston is sooo cute and she is the best mom ever, and you will be too!!

Yeah...Penny is a trip BH MM is $21.99...but oh well!! LOL

Dva...don't worry yourself about it...you'll be so prepared & ready when your turn comes! You'll have a better head on your shoulders and you'll be able to discern good from bad--making a better choice for your mate and children's father. Currently, I'm going in reverse...my daughter is 18 and I'm working to finish college RIGHT ALONG WITH HER! ;-) There are many days when this 40 yr. old chick wishes she'd waited, cuz homework at 40 is NOT hot! But school matters more now...when I was 19-20...I was partying and not passing classes...now, all As (except for damn geography) baby! :-) It'll "be" when it is your time! SO ENJOY ALL THE FREE TIME YOU HAVE N-O-W! ;-)

KNH...you need to change Penny's name to DOLLAR BILLS! :-)
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 19th May 2010, 6:28 pm

CrissyQ...SMH=Shake My Head!

(I had to ask too...my daughter thought I was most UNCOOL!) :-)
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next