CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weave Pressure!

+4
BekkaPoo
CurlsGalore
Juices-n-Berries
Miz B
8 posters

Go down

Weave Pressure! Empty Weave Pressure!

Post by Miz B 11th May 2010, 6:52 pm

Going to LA with my girlfriends soon and they are also natural but they wear weaves. One friend is getting hers done while we're down there!! LOL.. and the other one just got hers done-straight hair. Not sure why I am feeling the pressure of doing something to my natural tresses? I thought about maybe geeting some goddess braids but thinking I should just do my twist n curl fro hawk. It's just weird! Both of them are natural but they don't want to deal with their natural hair. They've been natural longer than I have. Think I should just rock with what the Almighty [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] gave me.
Miz B
Miz B

Back to top Go down

Weave Pressure! Empty Re: Weave Pressure!

Post by Juices-n-Berries 11th May 2010, 7:37 pm

I don't think you should get the weave just because they're doing it. If you like it, that's fine. I honestly don't understand it. I personally don't see the purpose of weaves on vaycay. I purposely did my BC before my trip to Hawaii because I didn't want to deal with hair. I could have transitioned longer, but to me, weave is alot to deal with if you're getting in the water. First you have to worry about it getting wet. And then what about afterwards. I'm a recovering weave addict and weave was always frightening to wash and flat iron IMO. Plus, if you get in any chlorinated water, I'd be concerned that you're not really getting to rinse it out of your hair and scalp under the weave.

This phenomenon really fascinates me. My line sister is natural, but she doesn't really like her hair. She's about a 3b, perfect wash and go hair. But she insisted she had to get her weave done before we went to a water park. She installed wet and wavy hair. I'm thinking to myself, YOUR HAIR IS ALREADY WET AND WAVY!!!

But I digress. Ultimately what I'm saying is do you. I'm not saying not to get the weave, I'm just saying don't be pressured and do what YOU feel most comfortable with.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 11th May 2010, 8:30 pm

I say rock what the Almighty gave you with no restrictions! Your hair will be cute everyday during your vacation, whether you go sweat it out in the club or take a dip in the pool or ocean. Your friends on the other hand won't have that freedom with their weaves. Nothing against it, but I don't want to schedule my whole vacation around my hair, if I don't have to.
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 11th May 2010, 8:35 pm

You're right about the clubs CG! Sweating our your weave on the dance floor is no bueno. Trust me, I know. Lol.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by BekkaPoo 12th May 2010, 1:00 pm

Mama always said: "If your friends wanted to jump off a bridge would you?" Wink

I think the situation here is similar.. be your beautiful natural self, and also just think how you will stand out in comparison to the others. I think the pressure you feel is coming from yourself, unless your friends are the ones trying to get you to conform to their look.
BekkaPoo
BekkaPoo

http://suprnatural.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Miz B 12th May 2010, 1:09 pm

THANK YOU CURLIES!! You guys are absolutely right! I think it may have something to do with one of my girlfriends snarling at me a while back we were discussing an event we wanted to do and I said I wanted to rock some goddess braids and she snarled at me! So, I never got over that I guess but I will rock my curls with confidence on vacay!! These last couple of days I've been getting alot of compliments on my twist out. I really think my friends are weave addicts!! Thanks again ladies [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Miz B
Miz B

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 12th May 2010, 1:22 pm

I agree with the ladies. You should rock your natural and you may even inspire your friends to gain confidence and appreciation of their natural tresses. What's the point in being natural if you're just going to wear weaves all the time...being natural is low maitenance. Do you and be beautiful while you're at it. Have a safe trip and enjoy yourself.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by Miz B 12th May 2010, 7:52 pm

Thanks Hamptonsfnst! Think you're right, hopefully I will inspire them. Funny that's what I always tell them-your hair is beautiful why cover it up with a weave? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Miz B
Miz B

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 13th May 2010, 2:59 am

Judging by your hair in your Avi I would rock that Almighty natural look. In all reality weave seems so much easier, but when you get it wet them tracks may show.

You are a very pretty lady, stick with your hair. So when you go out, and your friends have weaves and look like everyone else in the Club you will stand out in the crowd!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by Delta87 13th May 2010, 11:59 am

Are you kidding? If that is your current hair in your Avi I would never get a weave. Your hair is beautiful Smile
Delta87
Delta87

Back to top Go down

Post by Miz B 13th May 2010, 1:57 pm

aaaawww thanks ladies! i don't think we'll be doing any swimming activities thank goodness lol..love the support on this forum!![You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Miz B
Miz B

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 13th May 2010, 2:24 pm

Go for the God Given! Your hair is GORGEOUS and while your friends blend into the crowd, you'll be the one standing out! The weave is TOO much work anyway! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down