CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Curly Kinky Weave

+3
DvaAuNaturel
mstokes2008
Mrsafro
7 posters

Go down

Curly Kinky Weave Empty Curly Kinky Weave

Post by Mrsafro 15th June 2010, 12:11 pm

Hi Ladies,

I wanted to know if anyone knows a good brand to buy a curly/kinky weaves (not wigs, I have found toooooooo many of those)?
Ive found a lot of 3 hair types, but i would like 4b/c to match my our hair type so that I can allow my sides to strengthen?

Any ideas ?

Thanks xx

Mrsafro

Back to top Go down

Curly Kinky Weave Empty Re: Curly Kinky Weave

Post by mstokes2008 15th June 2010, 1:43 pm

Hmmmm I was wondering the same thing... I've seen tons of wigs & half wigs but I would really love a better protective style. I'll be on the lookout and if I find something I'll totally let you know Smile
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 15th June 2010, 2:14 pm

I've been looking into weave hair as well. Not sure what your budge is but here are a few places you can check out. I

Indian Hair Company - http://www.indianhaircompany.com/# (I have samples that look really good and my former stylist used this for some clients. hair can be reused and is high quality)

Extensions Plus - http://extensions-plus.com/ (high quality hair/the stylist I am planning to go to for my curly weave recommends this too)

Halley's Curls - http://www.halleyscurls.com/4001.html
(fellow CurlyNikki member HamptonsFnst has used this before and I believe the feedback was positive. You might want to PM her.)

Good luck!
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 15th June 2010, 3:04 pm

You may want to ask JLowman on here. She just got a really nice one.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrsafro 15th June 2010, 3:48 pm

Thanks Ladies

To DvaAuNaturel.... I would spend up to £100/ $200 on a weave. The ones we get down here in the UK are usually synthetic which i dont like to use.
Thanks for the sites. I think i've found one that I want.

To Juices-n-Berries.. I might just ask her!!

Thanks x

Mrsafro

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 15th June 2010, 3:50 pm

Mrsafro wrote:Thanks Ladies

To DvaAuNaturel.... I would spend up to £100/ $200 on a weave. The ones we get down here in the UK are usually synthetic which i dont like to use.
Thanks for the sites. I think i've found one that I want.

To Juices-n-Berries.. I might just ask her!!

Thanks x

Glad that was helpful. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] (IMO) to synthetic weaves. That takes away from it looking as natural as possible. And my theory with weaves is that you need to buy the best hair you can afford to get good results. Cheap hair tangles and doesn't last as long either.

Please share pics.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by Ekaette 15th June 2010, 5:45 pm

I hear Halley's curls natural or AAMH (all about my hair) kinky curly are the closest to 4b/4c hair
Ekaette
Ekaette

http://public.fotki.com/ekaette/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrsafro 15th June 2010, 5:59 pm

Thanks ladies.
At the moment i have straight weave, as soon as i get it done i will post up some pics (for the first time lol)

xx

Mrsafro

Back to top Go down

Post by sueb1617 25th March 2011, 5:48 pm

If you live in ATL DO NOT get your weave done by ShawdaDee, Bella Vivo Salon. My weave came out so bulky and was poorly done + her customer service is very bad! She charged me 200 dollars

1. The hair prices listed on her website were identified as Hair Ex Hair Prices- when I called her she denied it and when I looked again it was off of her website.
2. She promotes herself as a hair broker but she is not.
3. She tried to sell me Indian hair for 300-400 dollars but didn't want to tell me where she got it from
4.Communication with me regarding scheduling my appt was very poor.
*I emailed her with my availability for the next 3 weeks and she emailed me back a time and day that was not in my availability. ???
*She played tag constantly texting and calling me with days that she was available ignoring my availability. ???
I sent her an email asking for her availabilty for the next 30 days and she sends me her availbility for the next week ???
5. I show up for my appointment and she washes my hair very very quickly not doing a thorough job as if she didn't want to be bothered with washing my hair.
6.She advertises her salon as some type of luxury place yet she doesn't have the proper tools to do hair. She didnt have a single widetooth comb or blowdryer w/ attachment. Her excuse was "none of my clients have hair"
7. She braided my braids underneath too big which gave my hair an extremely bulky look.
8. Moisturizer or heat protectant was not used on my hair at all
9. When I told her I was not satisfied with my hair she says: "You bought the wrong hair" (She was the one who recommended the hair ex hair I bought) "You have to pay me if you want it redone" "your hair is too thick"
Believe me when I tell you the chick is all about money!! RUN!

sueb1617

Back to top Go down

Post by NewlyNaturelle 25th March 2011, 8:50 pm

There's plenty out there! I'm planning on getting one next month using hair from www.allaboutmyhair.com. If you do a search on the weave section of BHM, you'll find PLENTY of pics and reviews from ppl who have used it.
NewlyNaturelle
NewlyNaturelle

http://naturellev.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down