CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Aftermath... of a weave gone bad.

+2
FroFit
Pi*Jay
6 posters

Go down

The Aftermath... of a weave gone bad. Empty The Aftermath... of a weave gone bad.

Post by Pi*Jay 13th November 2010, 2:41 pm

Soooo... I just got finished taking out my Micro/Senegalese Twists, and NEVER A-FREAKIN-GAIN!

The tangles and knots were something aweful! My poor poor Anna-Mane (my hair's name) did not even know what was coming to her. I mean seriously, it was World War 3 up in my hair. I had to get combs and brushes and knives and AK-47's to hack at my poor poor Anna-Mane.

Sadly, there were a grusome number of casualties... [WARNING: The following images may not be suitable for children.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sad Moment of silence please for those lost at war...

...and these are just the PG pics. These are pics from after I had cleaned up most of the fallen hair. It was all over the sink, in the tub, in the trash, on my hands and towel...

All you 4a/4b beauties out there, I beg of you- If you are thinking of getting some type of micro braid or twist or maybe any braids at all (that arent your actual hair), PLEASE THINK AGAIN! Then after you have thought again, THINK ONE MORE 'GIN! Its not worth losing so many loved ones... No

My Anna Mane... my poor, poor Anna Mane... It's times like this that make you wanna seek refuge in that creamy crack. Yes, I thought about it. As more and more poor, lifeless curls fell to the floor, one by one, then two by two, like drops of rain, I seriously thought about walking out the door and surrendering to a stylist shouting "TAKE ME BACK! TAKE ME BACK TO THE CREAMY CRACK!"

...that War changed me yall... it altered my mind... got me seeing white. pale

Anna Mane is in recovery now. She's twisted and marinating in deep conditioner. I hope and pray that she turns out okay...

Last edited by Pi*Jay on 13th November 2010, 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pi*Jay
Pi*Jay

Back to top Go down

The Aftermath... of a weave gone bad. Empty Re: The Aftermath... of a weave gone bad.

Post by FroFit 13th November 2010, 3:23 pm

To me it doesn't look like you lost a lot of hair, but I can imagine the frustration dealing with tangles. Its why I'm afraid of getting braids done, my hair is very prone to tangling and knotting in a small amount of time.

ETA: A lot of that hair was probably shedded hair, hair that would have naturally fallen out had you not been in twists. Just a thought. Very Happy

Last edited by FroFit on 13th November 2010, 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
FroFit
FroFit

Back to top Go down

The Aftermath... of a weave gone bad. Empty Re: The Aftermath... of a weave gone bad.

Post by Pi*Jay 13th November 2010, 3:27 pm

Ohhh it was WAAAYYYY more than that. A lot of it fell down the drain and all over the floor and in my other trash can. It was all over my towel and hands!

I really need to figure out a way to deal with my 4a tangles and knots... Sad
Pi*Jay
Pi*Jay

Back to top Go down

Post by FroFit 13th November 2010, 3:31 pm

I'm doing twists today becaue I'm realizing I can no longer do the wash n go. My hair knots up like crazy. 4b and super kinky/coily hair.
FroFit
FroFit

Back to top Go down

Post by fanmnatirel 13th November 2010, 3:34 pm

Hi pi*Jay-
it's ok....we will make mistakes on this journey...but i am pretty sure you'll recover from it wayyyyyyyyy faster than if you go back to the creamy crack....
Just say to yourself: no more tiny braids again....
you'll be fine...
fanmnatirel
fanmnatirel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pi*Jay 13th November 2010, 6:11 pm

I'm thinking Anna Mane wont be able to do wash-n-go's anymore either...

and thanks for the encouragement fanmnatirel... your hair is beautiful!
Pi*Jay
Pi*Jay

Back to top Go down

Post by aduke1989 13th November 2010, 6:44 pm

Hey Pi*Jay
I had the same problem when I decided to go natural and I got Micro-Mini braids and when I say micro they were really micro and took 3 packs of hair on my head!!! SMH I thought I was doing the right thing because I was going away to a dance summer intensive and would be dancing and sweating and such for a whole month and I didn't want to put too much pressure on my hair. So I got them done and they were neat and not too tight (because a friend I knew from growing up did them) and it was very convenient and I kept my hair moisturized and such. But once the month was over I noticed little balls forming at the base of my hair and became nervous. So after only a month (and originally I had planned to keep them in for 2-3 months because it was $160 style!!!) I lathered the base of the braids in conditioner and slowly began to take the braids out. Man oh man that was a task and I will never get Micros again!!
I think if you get them too small you can't leave them in as long because of the product build up and dirt build up. I've realized now that I've been getting small-medium sized braids my hair likes it much better. I've also been getting braids in the front or around the perimeter and a sew-in in the middle to help take some pressure off of my tresses. I hope this helps!!
aduke1989
aduke1989

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=648990541

Back to top Go down

Post by justicenga 13th November 2010, 8:36 pm

that's pretty typical of micro twists...how long did you leave them in? Anna Mane will recover. Everythng is okay.
justicenga
justicenga

Back to top Go down

Post by fanmnatirel 13th November 2010, 10:20 pm

Thank you Missy Smile
fanmnatirel
fanmnatirel

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 14th November 2010, 12:31 am

Reading your experience my my stomach drop. I hope it was just shed hair. It sounds like you are giving your hair some CPR and a little first aid. She will be back to normal!
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by Pi*Jay 14th November 2010, 1:06 am

I do believe I may have left them in too long- about 6 weeks, but they cost $120 and I really wanted to get my money's worth... lessoned learned. My natural hair cant handle what I used to put my relaxed hair through.

I think she is recovering well tho. I lost a lot of length tho... major setback in that department Sad

I even looked at some half wigs to put her under while she is in recovery. Plus, I think it would be a good protective style to help me regain some length.
Pi*Jay
Pi*Jay

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down