CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trimming???!!!!

5 posters

Go down

Trimming???!!!! Empty Trimming???!!!!

Post by CandyCurls88 6th May 2010, 11:41 am

I BC'd in October and I am loving every bit of it. I have let my mother trim my ends twice becuase we cut it at home so obviously there were some rather straight ends sticking up out my fro'! Now I notice that there are still some of those random straight pieces. I don't think its from the relaxer anymore, I think its from me straightening my hair while I was transitioning. My mother thinks that the best way to trim my hair would be to straighten it. I think she's right because thats how I used to get my ends trimmed and it worked. My only issue is that Im scared that by straightening it this once, it will ruin all my hard work!

What do you guys think? How do you trim your hair to get rid of the straight pieces that ruin ur hairstyles, not to mention they cause more tangles!! I will accept all advice but I would love to hear from naturals who have straightened there hair for the purpose of trimming!!

Thanks Guys!

CandyCurls88

Back to top Go down

Trimming???!!!! Empty Re: Trimming???!!!!

Post by Neems 6th May 2010, 2:52 pm

Hmmm that's a tough one. I haven't had my hair straightened since Novemeber due to pure laziness. I used press my hair on regualr basis so every month or so I got a trim. It was helpful becuase my wash n go would look a lot neater without the random straight/dead ends. In the mean time every few months or so I usually part my hair relatively small and box braid the hair to the very end or as far as I can. Next, I stand in front of mirror and feel the ends that appear frayed and knotted. Lastly, I just snip ioff about 1/8 - 1/4 of inch at a 45 degree angle. BTW, use clipping shears.

This may not be the best way to do it but this has kept the random straight ends away and made my twists a lot neater. I prefer it to just eyeballing and getting very lopsided results.

Last edited by Neems on 6th May 2010, 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more info)
Neems
Neems

http://neemsnthings.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BekkaPoo 6th May 2010, 4:07 pm

This is the method I used: http://suprnatural.wordpress.com/2010/04/12/trim-time/

It may not work for you now, but later on when your hair is longer you can do it like this.
BekkaPoo
BekkaPoo

http://suprnatural.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CandyCurls88 6th May 2010, 6:27 pm

Thanks for the tips guys!

CandyCurls88

Back to top Go down

Post by blackricangirl 24th May 2010, 1:20 pm

I'm going through this dilemma too. I used to straighten my hair when I was transitioning as well. I used to think all of my relaxed ends weren't cut off either because whenever i attempt to do a twist out some of my ends look kinda straight but not really. I was thinking about straightening my hair but used the silk wrap method to reduce the amount of heat and trimming my ends then. I've been wearing my hair out naturally since March so I'm going to wait until June when I reach my naturally curly three month mark and then start straightening it every 6 months for a trim.
blackricangirl
blackricangirl

Back to top Go down

Post by mad888808 24th May 2010, 4:56 pm

I always straighten my hair when I get at trim (I am still transitioning and have about 3 inches or processed hair left). I've never really had any issues with it; I'll wear it straight for as long as I can, and then do a hard-core deep condition the next time I wash it. It has always curled right back up!
mad888808
mad888808

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down