CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trimming

4 posters

Go down

Trimming Empty Trimming

Post by Tightcurls MLA 21st November 2009, 1:08 pm

I am new to wearing my hair natural I have type 3c texture...my curls are super curly and tight, and I was hoping that someone out there in CN land could give me some advice in regards to how often I should get my hair trimmed. When I wore my hair relaxed, I got it trimmed every six weeks when I got a touch up and I'm wondering if I should still do the same wearing my hair in its natural state. I have read on CN and other sites that some people do trim their hair often and others may do it twice a year. I had my BC in August of this year and I have had my hair trimmed once since then and my hair has grown but I know that it is going to take me a while to get it to my desired length and I know a big part of getting there is keeping my ends healthy...

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated !

Thanks !

Tightcurls MLA

Back to top Go down

Trimming Empty Re: Trimming

Post by dajewel 21st November 2009, 4:03 pm

i don't think its imperative to trim as much as when you had your relaxed. instead, moisturize, seal and protect the hair to prevent damage and split ends. trim when your hair tells you it needs to be trimmed. HTH! keep us posted.
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlsM 22nd November 2009, 8:00 pm

I'm in the same boat tightcurls! I'm am really afraid to trim myself, but I AM NOT feeling $35 for someone to do it for me... especially since they aren't styling. I'd feel much better learning to do it on my own.... any suggestions? Also, how do I know what needs to be cut?? I honestly can't tell....*don't judge me lol!
CarlsM
CarlsM

http://twitter.com/carlsm

Back to top Go down

Post by Marche' 25th November 2009, 1:51 am

My #1 sign that it's time to trim is KNOTS! Tiny knots all over the place begging to be plucked out. Another way to tell that it's about that time is frizzy/ frayed ends that dont "act" like they used to. I normally have to trim ever 3-4 months, no more than about .5 inches.
Marche'
Marche'

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down