CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TRIMMING.

5 posters

Go down

TRIMMING. Empty TRIMMING.

Post by SwirlyCurls90 3rd October 2010, 2:17 pm

I get awful single strand knots at the bottom of my hair, so I must trim at least every 3 months, but I know a few natural ladies with a texture similar to mine whose hair is beautiful and knot free and they only get a cut every 7-10 months. Am I detangling wrong? I run a wide tooth comb through my hair every day in the shower and its easy to run my fingers through it all day, How can I stretch the time between trims and prevent these annoying little knots? Are they preventable? I feel like I'd see better growth if I didn't have to trim so often.

SwirlyCurls90

Back to top Go down

TRIMMING. Empty Re: TRIMMING.

Post by Naturally Esq 3rd October 2010, 4:11 pm

Are you sealing your ends?
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by SwirlyCurls90 3rd October 2010, 5:08 pm

I put a little oil on my hair after my moisturizer, if thats what you mean. I have never really specifically sealed the ends though... What does that do?

SwirlyCurls90

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Esq 3rd October 2010, 5:14 pm

It keeps them moist and prevents them from twisting into knots. I rub a little shea butter on my ends as the final step of styling.
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by SwirlyCurls90 3rd October 2010, 9:24 pm

Thanx! I actually just ordered some shea butter so I'll definitely try!

SwirlyCurls90

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 3rd October 2010, 9:27 pm

Single strand knots just come along with having natural hair. Wearing your hair out a lot can cause knots. A couple of ways to cut down on them are protective styling, stretching the hair and sealing your ends.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 4th October 2010, 1:49 am

Instead of trimming so frequently you can do a search and destroy where you cut the individual knots. Also, I've heard of moisturizing and sealing twice a day. However, I've done this and all of the manipulation seems to cause more knots in my opinion.
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

https://www.youtube.com/sisterboyd, www.blackplanet.com/sisterboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Poundcake921 5th October 2010, 10:49 pm

I just trimmed my hair for the first time in like 4-5 months (did it myself) since I BC'd; I knew I needed one bc even after I worked product thru my hair, it will still just sit in my ends which created major, nasty build-up....

I trimmed it dry after I combed my hair out and when it was wet (did only my ends)...my ends were really tangled and dry/strawlike....now my curls have more spring to them and so far I haven't had any fairy knots (crossing fingers) and lastly, my hair is feels much more healthy and the product is no longer sitting on top of my hair...at the end of the say it's just hair and it will grow back healthier and stronger!

I only plan on trimming my hair when absoutely needed.....I ain't that scissor happy...lol!
Poundcake921
Poundcake921

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down