CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

35 and older Naturals...where are you and what are you wearing?

+41
MissyCee
Scarletjazz
Naturalandhappy
Naturally Esq
sonance
tshala
Carolina Natural
Armywife
4me2b4b
CeeC
natural one
Jem
justicenga
netta
stephelise
4bkinkicurli
Allwoman
SheeTacular
Free2Be
diamondcurls
TMS
Naturalpenny
Naturalin2010
krazy coils
Delta87
CrissyQ
new2curl
Sebastain13
savvybrown
MicaiahTy
Pinkpearls
tiashaunteƩ
KinkyNappyHappy
BlondeByDesire
sweetdrk1
naturalhonney
ChrsLvsBks
NylaCoils
TheRYL1
SisterBoyd
poeticlyspkng
45 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

35 and older Naturals...where are you and what are you wearing? - Page 30 Empty Re: 35 and older Naturals...where are you and what are you wearing?

Post by naturalhonney 13th September 2010, 10:27 am

Thanks ladies!!

@ Oshunista I sometimes use heat to dry my roots when I use Eco Styler Gel it can take two days to air dry...Yeah really so I sometimes have to speed up the process. As for my color it took to the roots but not the ends which is weird.

HEYYYYYYYYY NYLA GUESS THE HELL WHAT! THAT DAMN STEAMER IS NOT WORKING!! HOW I DON'T KNOW I STOPPED USING IT BACK IN THE SPRING LET IT SIT ON THE SIDE CAUSE IT WAS JUST TOO DARN HOT TO BE SITTING UNDER IT. WELL MY SISTER ASKED TO USE IT THIS WEEKEND AND THE DAM THING IS DONE!! WON'T STAY ON AND STEAM WON'T COME UNDER THE HOOD. I AM CALLING THE COMPANY AND CUSSING THEIR ASSES OUT! I AM SO PISSED!!
naturalhonney
naturalhonney

Back to top Go down

35 and older Naturals...where are you and what are you wearing? - Page 30 Empty Re: 35 and older Naturals...where are you and what are you wearing?

Post by ChrsLvsBks 13th September 2010, 5:11 pm

oshunista wrote:Hi Honey, congrats girl!! I really like the new color. How did your hair take it? Was she fine with it or did she not respond so well? I`d really like to have some highlights, but I am not sure how my hair will take the color...
You are so beautiful, ma chere, your future husband and the best job ever will show up soon!
Hi sonace, welcome!!
Ladies, do you use a blowdryer on your hair? I normally don't but yesterday I did (was in a hurry to attend my MIL's birthday) and it gave me my much craved big hair...now I am wondering if I should add blowdrying (low heat) to my styling regiemen or not..

Smile

While everyone’s hair is different, I would suggest the following if blowdrying.

Try to get out as much water as you can with a tee shirt, microfiber cloth, flour sack (not a towel) before doing so.

Moisturize hair prior to applying heat. If you can DC under a dryer or steamer, that is great.

Do not apply oil before blowing dry—may cause heat damage.

Use a heat protectant – silicones are definitely okay in those products.

Use a low to medium setting to dry hair to 70-85% dry and airdry rest.

Move the dryer around so not to let one area get the heat too long. Use a diffuser if possible.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 14th September 2010, 9:25 pm

Hey ladies!

I'm so scared of heat that I have a hard time sitting under the dryer for a DC...so no I don't blow dry. hahahaha
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

https://www.youtube.com/sisterboyd, www.blackplanet.com/sisterboy

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 16th September 2010, 4:03 pm

Hey yall I just ordered these things

http://www.staycoolcap.com/

I will keep you posted on how they work! I just want them to keep me cool under the dryer
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

http://coilyencounters.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 16th September 2010, 6:09 pm

naturalhonney wrote:Thanks ladies!!

@ Oshunista I sometimes use heat to dry my roots when I use Eco Styler Gel it can take two days to air dry...Yeah really so I sometimes have to speed up the process. As for my color it took to the roots but not the ends which is weird.

HEYYYYYYYYY NYLA GUESS THE HELL WHAT! THAT DAMN STEAMER IS NOT WORKING!! HOW I DON'T KNOW I STOPPED USING IT BACK IN THE SPRING LET IT SIT ON THE SIDE CAUSE IT WAS JUST TOO DARN HOT TO BE SITTING UNDER IT. WELL MY SISTER ASKED TO USE IT THIS WEEKEND AND THE DAM THING IS DONE!! WON'T STAY ON AND STEAM WON'T COME UNDER THE HOOD. I AM CALLING THE COMPANY AND CUSSING THEIR ASSES OUT! I AM SO PISSED!!
If that ain't me talking! ;-)
I hope you got some sort of refund or exchange with no trouble!
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 18th September 2010, 11:11 pm

Just checking in
Prepping now for Charlotte! Yall this thing is taking off so fast!!
Chrs- you know we changed the date - just for you- it will be held on Nov 13th! would love to meet ya!!! Play Cousin! Talk with Pam- yall may ride together!

Koils by Nature is in the process of creating a new Koil Moisturizing spray!

I did my dry twists..Then every other day- I would moisturized with the Koil Spray! My hair was so soft- had sheen and was like WOW

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 19th September 2010, 12:32 am

I like your hair...the up & the down 'do! Imma have to copy! ;-)
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by tshala 19th September 2010, 7:41 am

@naturalhonney and ChrsLvsBks, thank you, ladies :-)
My hair does not take silicone based products too well, so I think blowdrying will not be an option for me. Hmph. Must find other methods to gain some volume.....
@Nyla: your hair looks awesome! Have a safe journey and a good time! Smile
tshala
tshala

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 19th September 2010, 9:27 am

Hey Ladies - you know the video that I did a couple of months ago got featured on CN.com.

I would like to do another one! This time I would like to feature some updos! Or twist styles. I know yall got some pics for me!!
I felt so sorry for the lady that wrote Nikki saying that twists weren't professional looking!
We gotta represent!!

Natural Penny, Sis B and Ryl- I know yall dont wear twists but I still want to put yall in it the video!Represent for the loose curlies!! Send all pics to coilyencounters@ymail.com. I will then send them to Nikki in a video!

NylaCoils
NylaCoils

Back to top Go down

Post by tshala 19th September 2010, 10:12 am

ahem...I don't do twists either, should I still send pics? BTW, the video is awesome!!!! I watched it today and it's so full of beauty and life, I love it. Pure beauty and style! Smile
Nylacoils, you did it perfectly!
tshala
tshala

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 19th September 2010, 11:06 am

Oshunista - yes! Please send your pics to me!!
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

Back to top Go down

Post by CeeC 19th September 2010, 3:46 pm

Hi Ladies,

It's been such a long time since I posted. But I am always prowling LOL. Okay I am 6 months post my BC and dont know what to do with Lulu!!!! Lulu is growing so much I just love her. But she's out of control. My wash n go's don't go that smooth anymore. I am contemplating attempting a twist out but not sure. Sweetdrk, nyla, naturalhoney, your hair looks so beautiful. Anybody have any suggestions, please help a sistah out Idea
CeeC
CeeC

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 19th September 2010, 6:01 pm

ceec- yes- as my hair grew out, i had to change quite a few things.
What products are you suing for your shampoo and condition as well as your styler

NylaCoils
NylaCoils

Back to top Go down

Post by CeeC 19th September 2010, 10:23 pm

Yes Nyla I am finding that I have to change quite a few things now myself. I use tresseme natural for my shampoo but i only shampoo once a month, i co-wash with HH. I use coconut oil then shea moisture or qhemets burdock for my leave in. I alternate between uncle funky's daughter and curly custard with some vegetable glycerine. I can usually get my WNG's to last 5 days with just a vegtable glycerine spritz. Lulu just doesn't look as cute, I feel like I have to do somethiing different.
CeeC
CeeC

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 20th September 2010, 10:30 am

I had to stop using HH- it was causing build up- Try switching things around. I use a shampoo bar or black soap for shampoo. The conditioner that I am using is Say Yes to Cucumbers. Ross sometimes has it for 2.99!
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 20th September 2010, 12:48 pm

NylaCoils wrote:Hey Ladies - you know the video that I did a couple of months ago got featured on CN.com.

I would like to do another one! This time I would like to feature some updos! Or twist styles. I know yall got some pics for me!!
I felt so sorry for the lady that wrote Nikki saying that twists weren't professional looking!
We gotta represent!!

Natural Penny, Sis B and Ryl- I know yall dont wear twists but I still want to put yall in it the video!Represent for the loose curlies!! Send all pics to coilyencounters@ymail.com. I will then send them to Nikki in a video!

Oh you know I got you.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 20th September 2010, 1:11 pm

Thank you Chrs- knew I could count on you!!

Where is Sweet!

please yall - no camera in the photo shoot! lol
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Esq 23rd September 2010, 8:57 pm

Ladies:
This is my favorite section of Curly Nikki. I love reading about your escapades. I have "gray hightlights" so I know that I am old enough to participate. However, I rather remain in the background, except I had to tell you that I BC'd yesterday at my favorite hair salon and I learned how to upload pictures.
Enjoy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 23rd September 2010, 10:58 pm

N Esq- looking good and welcome!!

Ryl- whats going on?
Sweet, NatHoney, Chrs, Sis B- Where yall at???
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Esq 24th September 2010, 12:21 am

NylaCoils wrote:N Esq- looking good and welcome!!

Ryl- whats going on?
Sweet, NatHoney, Chrs, Sis B- Where yall at???

Thanks
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 24th September 2010, 9:27 am

Other news the event in Charlotte is coming UP!!!
The date is Nov 13, 2010
MY DATES FOR 2011 ARE AS FOLLOWS- PLAY COUSINS - WOULD LOVE TO SEE YALL AT ONE OF THE EVENTS!!! SHOOT- WOULD LOVE TO HAVE SOME EXTRA HELP!!

3-20-11....PLANNING PHASES HAVE BEGUN
9-11-11- PLANNING PHASES ...GETTING READY
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 24th September 2010, 3:06 pm

Hey Ladies!

I have missed y'all! I had a nasty boil...nuff said. But, I'm sooooo much better today!!!

NaturallyEsq...lookin' good! Chime in sometime...you won't regret it! LOL

Nyla...I sent you some twist pics; I hope I'm not too late. I'm finding I like wearing twists...I know it's because the hair is growing! run

And Nyla, congrats on all you're doing for the curlies! When you get Oprah-big, I can say I knew her when...and I know I'll be good for super samples! YOU BEDDA WERK! woot!

Hair Stuff: I'm finding I have to use some shampoo. Currently, I'm using Giovanni 50/50 Balancing...blah, blah Shampoo...LOL. I think I'm going to get some Yes to Cucumbers shampoo. I'm figuring it can't hurt since I love the condish...I'll keep y'all posted.

As Sweet said on Curl Street, I, too, am at the "tween stage". Not long enough, but too long! Does that make sense? LOL So, I'm thinking twists and KKCC will get me through. afro

Hope everyone is well!
Later, y'all!
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 25th September 2010, 3:07 am

Hey Ladies! I took the week off to spend some time with my work and Jesus (not necessarily in that order) and some time to stay away from FB Wink

Nyla, do you still need pictures of my non-twisted hair? hahahaha

Ok I went to get my new batch of cellophane. Yep I got the Red Red! I was so tempted to get that blonde hahahaha One day I may go back to blonde but I think I want to see the water look like red Kool-Aid again.

The LA Meet Up is coming - October 9th!
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 25th September 2010, 3:27 am

SisB...do you use henna or cellophane only? I like your color, too! So many choices...SMH!!! :-)
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 25th September 2010, 3:29 am

I'm faithful cellophaner
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next