CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

35 and older Naturals...where are you and what are you wearing?

+41
MissyCee
Scarletjazz
Naturalandhappy
Naturally Esq
sonance
tshala
Carolina Natural
Armywife
4me2b4b
CeeC
natural one
Jem
justicenga
netta
stephelise
4bkinkicurli
Allwoman
SheeTacular
Free2Be
diamondcurls
TMS
Naturalpenny
Naturalin2010
krazy coils
Delta87
CrissyQ
new2curl
Sebastain13
savvybrown
MicaiahTy
Pinkpearls
tiashaunteƩ
KinkyNappyHappy
BlondeByDesire
sweetdrk1
naturalhonney
ChrsLvsBks
NylaCoils
TheRYL1
SisterBoyd
poeticlyspkng
45 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

35 and older Naturals...where are you and what are you wearing? - Page 22 Empty Re: 35 and older Naturals...where are you and what are you wearing?

Post by Jem 16th July 2010, 7:43 pm

Thanks ladies! I am going to experiment in advance.
Jem
Jem

http://fromjemwithlove.blogspot.com/2009/08/my-loc-journey.html

Back to top Go down

35 and older Naturals...where are you and what are you wearing? - Page 22 Empty Re: 35 and older Naturals...where are you and what are you wearing?

Post by NylaCoils 17th July 2010, 12:57 pm

Hey Yall! Jem - your mom looks great and I agree with Sweet and Ryl!
My sisters wedding wore me out!
It was kind of sad that day. We miss our daddy. She cried, that he wasn't there! I think that is why she chose the small- c ourthouse ceremony!
This is as natural as my sisters are going to get
Jada-36 is wearing micros
Simone 31 is wearing cornrows
Me-43 Twist out

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

http://coilyencounters.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 17th July 2010, 2:18 pm

Hey Nyla!

I love the pics (saw on facebook, too)...I love weddings! That's where you usually find a big group of happy folks!

Oh, yeah, and the hair is hot! :-) Nyla is growing and getting thick! You beda werk! LOL
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by natural one 17th July 2010, 8:09 pm

Hello ladies. I'm a long time stalker, and this is my first post. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] This thread has been a particular favorite of mine because I admire you guys, your fabulous hair, and you are close to my age, although I'm probably a little older. I've been transitioning my shoulder length hair for a little over a year without cutting my ends. My hair type is somewhere around 3cish. I think my hair is very close to an old version of Chrs! Hi there, Chrs. *me waving*

Well anyway, one of my issues that provoked me into "coming from behind the bushes" was to ask you guys to help me over a hurdle. Don't get me wrong, I love the feel of my waves, curls, and kinks, the sunsation of feeling the slip, the yummy-scents of the products, the ease of care, the empowerment of being natural, etc., etc.... but..... Well, I'll just come out and say it. I'm not "feeling" the feminate softness of the relaxed hair when I wear my hair curly. Am I missing something? Is there anyone out there that "feels" that?

Could it be that I've been brainwashed? No, conditioned to 40 years of relaxed hair? Could I have an image of what makes a women soft, that I can't shake. Or is there something I can do to fix my look? If I cut my hair to frame my face would that help? Would bangs soften my look?

Am I the only one that has this issue?

natural one

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 17th July 2010, 11:14 pm

Hey NaturalOne...Welcome!

I can relate to what you're feeling. I, too, felt that way at one time. I really think it is the fact that we've worn our hair one way for so long, something drasticly different is going to take time to feel "right".

At one time, I felt I always needed a headband...I wasn't comfortable with my natural hair and the way it "fell", which was so unlike my relaxed hair. But, over time, I have come to love my hair AND the way it looks framing my face. I've accepted it's natural and it will do it's own thing! I love my hair around my face! It's funny because at one time, I felt I looked like a boy...yes, I'll admit it. I felt my hair had me looking like a boy so I hid behind the headband. Well, that's done! I'm the ish...no matter how my hair "falls"!

Perhaps you can add accessories to your hair until you feel comfortable/get used to your natural hair vs. the relaxed. Try flowers and other items. You mentioned Chrs...check out her hair pics...I KNOW you'll find something in her collection of styles to make you feel feminine. Also on YouTube, check out EmpressRi (I think that's it). She has a lot of hair and it looks great.

Hope this helps! :-)
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 17th July 2010, 11:56 pm

Thank you Ryl!!

natural one-welcome !
To all other lurkers- we dont bite!! JUMP IN!!
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 19th July 2010, 11:40 am

Hi ladies! My computer was hacked. I really want to upgrade but now is not the time. All in due time, all in due time. My funds have been eaten up recently with makeup, jewelry & hair care products . Y'all I have been out of control with it, and need to stop. I recently stopped paying child support (long story--I will say this. The court system in my county is pathetic!!!!!) and paying for my company stock so I have give or take $750 each month. I have bills I can pay down and really need to get a grip on my spending. Ever since I found out I would not have to pay child support & the company stock I have been "buck wild." This will stop T-O-D-A-Y!!!!

@NylaCoils, beautiful family! I love weddings. May God bless their union and may they have happiness, peace and joy!

@natural one, hello and welcome! LOL @old version--hope you talkin' 'bout my weight loss, if not, whatcha talkin' bout?
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 19th July 2010, 1:29 pm

Chrs- Thank you! They went to Daytona Beach for the honeymoon. and I miss my sissy! We dont go long without talking! Usually 4 days!

Have yall seen my latest meet-up ideas?
Chrs- I think it would be excellent for you guys to do! The next one I am going to plan is a yoga class. I have no RYTHYM, otherwise I would say let's do ZUMBA!!
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

Back to top Go down

Post by natural one 19th July 2010, 3:07 pm

Thanks ladies for the warm welcome.

Ryl, I appreciate your sharing. I love this conversation for allowing me to put words to my feelings I've yet to say to anyone. Humm, sounds like therapy to me. My concerns probably have less to do with the hair length making me feel less feminine, but more to do with getting use to an older looking face seeming less feminine. You look too young to relate to this line of thought but somehow, in my mind, my curly hair style seems to age me.

With that being said, I'm sure you may think I'm contradicting myself but... I've decided to embrace my gray/white hair. After all, I do call myself Natural One! I especially like a clump of white hair in front that actually looks like a highlight. I'm not as crazy about the mix of gray in the back, but it comes with the territory.

Sorry I don't have an avi, but imagine big curly salt and pepper hair, small face, and glasses (another old age issue). A matter of fact, I like the idea of colorful earrings, but other accessories may be too much.

Chrs, congratulations on your weight loss. No, I'm the old version of curls, not you. I am however, going to take Ryl's advice and see if I can copy some of your fab styles to soften my aged look.

natural one

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 19th July 2010, 6:15 pm

Hey Natural One!

BE YOU...WHATEVER AGE YOU ARE! You are still here...you bedda werk! LOL

Try reading the pages of the young women here. They are young and so positive and on the ball! I love reading their stories...they encourage me! On the other end of the spectrum, there are young women still in high school going natural and fighting against parents and peer pressure...they have some battles, too.

It takes time to be comfortable in your own skin. Once you get there...you will never look back! :-)
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by CeeC 19th July 2010, 10:45 pm

It's been a while since I posted. Just saying hello. you ladies are hilarious
CeeC
CeeC

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 20th July 2010, 12:43 am

CeeC- I am loving the profile pic!! We keep it moving in here, that for real! lol
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 20th July 2010, 3:20 am

You know I didn't even get that was about me and Sweet! Well whatever! You can read the book now...the show is completely off track now. hahahaha

Nyla...love ya so much! You make me laugh *HUGS*
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

https://www.youtube.com/sisterboyd, www.blackplanet.com/sisterboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 20th July 2010, 3:46 am

Y'all funny! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 20th July 2010, 11:02 am

Sis B- Yes it was about you and Sweet!!! Yall are DEAD WRONG!!
Ok question...is the part about Tara off, too?????
What about the Secret behind Sookie's power! Is that on the wrong track??

NylaCoils
NylaCoils

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 21st July 2010, 7:37 am

WOW....it's been a long time since I've paid a visit. I will be hanging out here more often. Also, its the only way I can see Nyla, other than FB!! Hey Girl...How U Doing?

Anyway....I'm wearing my hair all pinned up now. I hope to gain and retain length!! Wish me luck!!!

Nyla...that is such a beautiful picture of you and your sisters!!

I'm back y'all!!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 21st July 2010, 12:38 pm

Hey Ladies!

All is well...God is good...and I'm thankful! Nuff said! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Hope all is well with each of you!

Hey...KNH...I just left your house! :-)
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 22nd July 2010, 3:45 pm

Just stopping by to see what everyone is doing over here!!

I've been wearing twisted updo all week!! Yay me!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I guess I'll get back to work!!

Have a blessed day ladies!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by 4me2b4b 22nd July 2010, 11:08 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:Hey Netta!!

Ryl lmaooo at Sideshow Bob! Your hair did NOT look like that! hahahahahaa

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

here are my twist, I did wet too Nyla. I made a version of Kimmaytubes leave in conditioner. My hair is so shiny, soft and bouncy!

I will probably try the bantu knots again while I am off. I want to do the braids too!

I love this! What do you consider your hair texture/type to be? I have extremely coarse 4b which shrinks MAJOR - I'm talking like 75% shrinkage after washing compared to if it's blown dry. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
4me2b4b
4me2b4b

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 23rd July 2010, 11:43 am

Hi 4 I have no idea with the typing thing. Someone told me I was a 4 because my curls were pencil size. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I too have MAJOR shrinkage. I would say 90% LOL! My hair when stretched comes down to my nose in the front and just below my earlobe on the sides. I don't know if I helped but that is my answer.

Chrs- good for you cutting back on the spending..it is so very easy to get out of control. ESPECIALLY when extra money is avail!

SisB- Nyla is a mess with the TB stuff.

Nyla- READ THE BOOK!!! dang it! I love you to bits! honest I do. What powers? Sookie has powers? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Hey KNH- you are rocking those twists and the updo's I see you!!!

Ryl- what's going on moma..how's "the man"?

uddate on me..uhm it has been tooo hot for my lazy beehind to walk sooooo I haven't been...BUT I am joining the gym this weekend. My birthday is next month so uhm I went an got myself an EARLEEEE present. I GOT AN IPAD [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] and I have no idea why I waited so long! Wooo Hooo Love it!!

Last edited by sweetdrk1 on 23rd July 2010, 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 23rd July 2010, 11:43 am

NylaCoils wrote:CeeC- I am loving the profile pic!! We keep it moving in here, that for real! lol

I totally agree. Beautiful!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 23rd July 2010, 1:28 pm

Hi Ladies....

TGIF [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I've got a lot going on this weekend. Don't even know if I'll get to wear my hair out!! Too much to do...need some help!! LOL

Sweet - so when is your birthday? Did I miss it? The iPad..that is a very nice early to yourself birthday gift. You go girl!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Have a great weekend ladies!!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 23rd July 2010, 2:35 pm

Hey Ladies!

How goes it this wonderful Friday! Wow...it's been a long week!

Sweet...Yeah, Sookie has some sorta power...I don't know...some sort of light/electricity type thang got this fool up off of her! LMAO Stay tuned! I'm reading the books, too! SMH

And The Man is doing well...I'm pleased, heck, pinch me Sweet! LOL

No hair news...just a 3-day old twist out, using Eco-custard...that's it..that's all!!!
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 23rd July 2010, 3:43 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hi Ladies....

TGIF [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I've got a lot going on this weekend. Don't even know if I'll get to wear my hair out!! Too much to do...need some help!! LOL

Sweet - so when is your birthday? Did I miss it? The iPad..that is a very nice early to yourself birthday gift. You go girl!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Have a great weekend ladies!!!

KNH
NO you didn't miss it, it's August 5th [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
TheRYL1 wrote:Hey Ladies!

How goes it this wonderful Friday! Wow...it's been a long week!

Sweet...Yeah, Sookie has some sorta power...I don't know...some sort of light/electricity type thang got this fool up off of her! LMAO Stay tuned! I'm reading the books, too! SMH

And The Man is doing well...I'm pleased, heck, pinch me Sweet! LOL

No hair news...just a 3-day old twist out, using Eco-custard...that's it..that's all!!!
*whispering* I saw it and I KNOW exactly what she means. BUT I REPEAT I AIN'T TELLIN HER NUFFIN [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] *thinks she been working out, she might catch me* hahahahahahahaaaa

Love ya'll!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 23rd July 2010, 6:56 pm

Too funny!

Y'all...I'm signing up for a Zumba class! Yeah, y'all inspired me, yada, yada, etc., etc.

The real reason: Besides my health...I can't be all chubby all by my self! LOL
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next