CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CurlsGalore: Back In Business! LOOOOTTTS of Updates! Pics for Days!

+72
C.
MissyCee
DivaDreamgirl
PaganWifey
Ladybug83
BajanPrincess82
curlyscot
Ms.Mai
EmbracingNaturalMe
Neems
Happy2B
stephgil
cococurly
cyclingchick
gigihaitiancurly
thetiffany
curlsunfurled
fanmnatirel
wyldhoney
Buttercup76
nattyblog
WhosThatRedHead
Mom2KurlyT
MahoganyCurls
MomnWife
xtremelyperfect
tiffyd
labon10
mslys09
*CurlyNikki*
jlowman1
curly-me-naturally
LaToya28
priceless
Serenity23
NaturalNixon
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
Heart2Worship
NhappyJackie
TMS
CocoEuro
ktoliver5303
Muz
BlondeByDesire
swoodward
MsJay1121
iri9109
poeticlyspkng
CrissyQ
TheRYL1
missmoriah
KinkyNappyHappy
exhale1913
DvaAuNaturel
krazy coils
MellowOne
Nikcoils
Juices-n-Berries
LadyMika
SheeTacular
CocaColaCutie
NylaCoils
Lynnieluve
ChrsLvsBks
QuietButterfly
NubieNatty
Intelligentbeauty
jcanalena79
bholmes87
sweetdrk1
mrsmackey
CurlsGalore
76 posters

Page 41 of 43 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42, 43  Next

Go down

CurlsGalore:  Back In Business!  LOOOOTTTS of Updates!  Pics for Days! - Page 41 Empty Re: CurlsGalore: Back In Business! LOOOOTTTS of Updates! Pics for Days!

Post by Ladybug83 18th October 2010, 9:37 pm

Your hair looks gorgeous as always, but fried cheesecake?! That's just not right.

Ladybug83

Back to top Go down

CurlsGalore:  Back In Business!  LOOOOTTTS of Updates!  Pics for Days! - Page 41 Empty Re: CurlsGalore: Back In Business! LOOOOTTTS of Updates! Pics for Days!

Post by swoodward 20th October 2010, 8:33 pm

The definition is unbelievable. You are a hair idol!!! (A makeup and clothes idol too!)

What kind of rollers did you use for the ends?

swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 21st October 2010, 12:10 pm

cyclingchick wrote:Love the hair...and the fact that you tried to slip in "boo"...we notice everything! LOL Congrats! Love is grrrrrand *warm fuzzies*
Thanks CC!

Ladybug83 wrote:Your hair looks gorgeous as always, but fried cheesecake?! That's just not right.
Thanks Lady! That cheesecake is the devil! It's sooooo good!!!

swoodward wrote:The definition is unbelievable. You are a hair idol!!! (A makeup and clothes idol too!)

What kind of rollers did you use for the ends?

Thanks SW! Very sweet! I used the 1/4" white rods on my ends.
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 21st October 2010, 12:24 pm

love the hair.... looking great as usual.... congrats on the new boo hope everything continues to give that bliss of newness if this is the right person for you.
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 21st October 2010, 12:45 pm

Good morning Curlfriends!

It's almost the weekend and Lord KNOWS I can't wait for it to get here. I just can't say enough about my job and how overwhelmed I am, but I'm looking forward to the weekend ahead and get my mind off it. I'll be headed to Houston this weekend for my alma mater to play our rival (Stephen F. Austin State vs. Sam Houston SU)! Super excited and I can't wait to see old friends again!

In hair news, I've gone back to my shrunken hair this week. Not nearly as much fun as my big stretched out hair, but still cute, nonetheless. This week I did a twist and curl. I hadn't done one since June and here are some pics from my June Tnc and my current one.

June 2010:
CurlsGalore:  Back In Business!  LOOOOTTTS of Updates!  Pics for Days! - Page 41 4_mo_c10

October 2010
CurlsGalore:  Back In Business!  LOOOOTTTS of Updates!  Pics for Days! - Page 41 Tnc_co10

Pretty amazing difference in growth there! This weekend, I plan to wear my hair more stretched out. I detangled with my Kinky Curly Knot Today and retwisted with Jojoba oil and shea butter mix. My hair is in 15 or so large twists. I'll unravel them in the morning for a twistout.

Side note: I plan to get my ends trimmed for the first time next month. I'm also planning to go straight for the first time, too. I'm a little nervous about doing it, but I'm going to leave it to a pro. My birthday is in about two weeks and I'm thinking I'll do it then.

That's all for now. I hope you all enjoy your weekend. I'll be back with more pics on my weekend hair in the next few days. Smooches! xoxo
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 21st October 2010, 12:45 pm

priceless wrote:love the hair.... looking great as usual.... congrats on the new boo hope everything continues to give that bliss of newness if this is the right person for you.
Thanks Priceless! I'm praying it continues to go well, also.
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsmackey 21st October 2010, 1:50 pm

[b] HAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTT! #THATSALL
mrsmackey
mrsmackey

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug83 21st October 2010, 7:48 pm

You can definitely see the growth between June and now. How long did you transition?

Ladybug83

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 21st October 2010, 8:44 pm

Your hair stays fabulous!! I have yet to try a TnC on my fully natural hair but I think you've convinced me to Very Happy
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by gigihaitiancurly 22nd October 2010, 2:31 pm

Yes Pretty amazing growth!!
That style is gorgeous! and you are beautiful as always!! Smile

Quick question, to get that much definition how big are the twist that you make?? I can't seem to have my hair like that and I think it's because my twists are too big.
gigihaitiancurly
gigihaitiancurly

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 22nd October 2010, 2:56 pm

Awesome growth for four months and I love your TnC results!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 22nd October 2010, 5:24 pm

Hey CG!

Still looking good! Awesome growth! I have been contemplating straightening my hair in December or January. I haven't straightened it since March to trim my ends but i can tell it is time. Plus i still want to donate 10 inches of my hair if it reaches my buttocks in December. Unfortunately my hubby is more attached to my hair than I am, but he will get over it.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 22nd October 2010, 6:54 pm

Great growth! Enjoy the game!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 22nd October 2010, 7:07 pm

CRAZY growth! Shocked Envy much. Neutral Have a great time at the game!
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 28th October 2010, 7:40 am

Hey Pretty Lady...

Just wanted to stop by and check on you. I know you've been busy...hope to see that beautiful hair soon!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 31st October 2010, 4:58 pm

mrsmackey wrote:[b] HAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTT! #THATSALL
Thanks MM! Loving that avi, doll!

Ladybug83 wrote:You can definitely see the growth between June and now. How long did you transition?
Thanks LB83: I transitioned for 3 months before I BC'd.

bholmes87 wrote:Your hair stays fabulous!! I have yet to try a TnC on my fully natural hair but I think you've convinced me to Very Happy
Thanks B! It will be a cute style on you! Give it a go! I need to do it on stretched hair for the big hair effect! I'm spoiled with big hair now.

gigihaitiancurly wrote:Yes Pretty amazing growth!!
That style is gorgeous! and you are beautiful as always!! Smile

Quick question, to get that much definition how big are the twist that you make?? I can't seem to have my hair like that and I think it's because my twists are too big.
Thanks Gigi! I twist pretty large. I'll have about 5 fat twists per section.

jlowman1 wrote:Awesome growth for four months and I love your TnC results!
Thanks, doll!

npmoore04 wrote:Hey CG!

Still looking good! Awesome growth! I have been contemplating straightening my hair in December or January. I haven't straightened it since March to trim my ends but i can tell it is time. Plus i still want to donate 10 inches of my hair if it reaches my buttocks in December. Unfortunately my hubby is more attached to my hair than I am, but he will get over it.
Hey NP! Thanks! My hair is screaming for a trim. I'm a little leary about straightening, but I'm going to give a it a try. You have crazy long hair! So can't wait to get there.

sweetdrk1 wrote:Great growth! Enjoy the game!
Thanks Sweet!

LadyMika wrote:CRAZY growth! Shocked Envy much. Neutral Have a great time at the game!
Aww! Thanks Mika!

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hey Pretty Lady...

Just wanted to stop by and check on you. I know you've been busy...hope to see that beautiful hair soon!!
Hey friend! I'm hanging in there! I haven't been on a in awhile. Work is kicking my butt!
KNH
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 31st October 2010, 5:09 pm

Hey ladies! I don't have much to share. I've been away for a long time and I'm just now checking out posts. I've been lazy and I've worn a puff all last week and this weekend. Looking forward to straightening my hair for a trim in the next week or so.

I just wanted to share my Halloween party pics with ya'll! I was the sexy Queen Bee! Friends and I went to a cool costume party last night, and we were a hit! Check out my homie as Pepa from the "Push It" video! She's hilarious! She is natural and rocked blond tracks on one side of her head! She did the damn thing!!! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

CurlsGalore:  Back In Business!  LOOOOTTTS of Updates!  Pics for Days! - Page 41 Dscn4910

CurlsGalore:  Back In Business!  LOOOOTTTS of Updates!  Pics for Days! - Page 41 Dscn4911

CurlsGalore:  Back In Business!  LOOOOTTTS of Updates!  Pics for Days! - Page 41 Dscn4912'

CurlsGalore:  Back In Business!  LOOOOTTTS of Updates!  Pics for Days! - Page 41 Dscn4913

CurlsGalore:  Back In Business!  LOOOOTTTS of Updates!  Pics for Days! - Page 41 Dscn4914

CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

Back to top Go down

Post by fanmnatirel 31st October 2010, 5:41 pm

Cute Hair and cute costume...
(you are so fit...., keep it up girl)
I might have to try the twist and curl for XMAS....I've never done it before.
fanmnatirel
fanmnatirel

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 31st October 2010, 8:57 pm

Go head Queen Bee!
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 31st October 2010, 9:10 pm

lmaoooooo@ Salt, i love it Razz yall are too fierce!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 15th November 2010, 1:31 pm

Good morning and Happy Monday to ya!!!

Looking at my last post, it was Halloween since I was here! Dang, I've been out of the loop, but I have sooo much to catch up on with my fellow curliegirls! I hope all is well with you guys. These days I've been trying to channel positivity since negativity seems to be looming around my job, lately. Football season ended this past Friday, so now I can devote a little more time to CN. Anywho, not sure where to begin, but here I go. I have alot to cover soooo....yea! Razz

As of my last post, I had been debating heavily about straightening my hair. I initially wanted to do it around my birthday (last weekend), but my heart is just not ready to do it just yet. I really want to go back to my protective styling kick for a few weeks. Maybe I'll have a change of heart around the new year. My hair is in desperate need of a trim, though. I'm shedding quite a bit and my ends look like they need some TLC. Considering I have not put a pair of scissors to my hair since the BC over a year ago.

I've been pretty lazy with my hair, though, I'm not gonna lie. The week of Halloween into the following week, I wore the same puff everyday until the weekend. The Thursday before my birthday, I decided to braid my hair up for a couple of days and do a braid out. I cowashed my hair with HE Hello Hydration, detangled and style my hair in medium sized plaits. I wanted my hair to look hot for the Nappiology Expo that Sunday 11/7. Here is how I rocked it:

CurlsGalore:  Back In Business!  LOOOOTTTS of Updates!  Pics for Days! - Page 41 Braido10

I had so much hang time, it was crazy! My hair was so big and it had movement! Braidouts get better and better as my hair grows. The expo was great! Lots of vendors, great entertainment, products for super cheap, samples for days! I particularly enjoyed the African Dance group. Being African myself, watching them made me feel so proud of our culture. It was beautiful! At the expo, I ran into a familiar face! KToliver came down and we finally got to meet in person! Shout out to Kimberly! It was great meeting you, and I'm planning to come to Houston for the next event.

The next day was my birthday, 11/8! I didn't do anything special with my hair but wear the same braidout the next day. No pics, but my hair got bigger than the day before. Not sure if it was the humidity or what, but your girl was rocking a funky azz braidout for the next two days. By Wednesday, it became a frizzy poof, so I toned it down to a modest, but ginormous puff. This is my best puff EVER! bounce

CurlsGalore:  Back In Business!  LOOOOTTTS of Updates!  Pics for Days! - Page 41 Puffal10

As you can see, my hair to started swell from my Sunday braidout. I loved it more and more day after day! By Saturday, I was thinking it was time to get my hair in a protective style. I decided to bite the bullet and put in some mini twists, finally. I've worn out styles consistently for over a month, and my poor hair was taking a beating with all the shedding. Luckily, I'm not seeing breakage. So my final out style was this past weekend when I did a mini wash and go. It really wasn't a wash and go, but I thought I was going to wash my hair that day. I started to do a prepoo with olive oil and coconut oil. I detangled my hair, twisted it up into large twists, threw on a plastic cap and started pre-conditioning my hair. My friends and I were going out later that evening, so here I was in panic mode about what to do with my hair. After about 1 hour, I just let my hair air dry for the rest of day. It was still about 80% damp, so I just unraveled the twists, fluffed it out a little, added a bright flower and voila! A curly not-so-mini-fro! afro

CurlsGalore:  Back In Business!  LOOOOTTTS of Updates!  Pics for Days! - Page 41 Frolic10

My birthday fell on a Monday, so my friends took me to a Karaoke bar! We had a blast and although we didn't get to sing (it was 1:30 AM and we still had about 3 people in front of us), we had a great time with my dolls! They are the bestest!

Now here we are this week! I finally decided to break down and put in some mini twists. It took me almost 4.5 hours to put them in, but I finished them! Thank God! They came out great! My regimen went as follows:
Pre-poo/Detangle: Jane Carter Leave In Conditioner (I think I'm in love!!!! This LI works wonders on my hair!) I scored it at the Nappiology Expo for $5 a bottle! I only picked up one, and I'm kicking myself for not getting more. Sad It's awesome stuff! Added a little grapeseed oil for smoother detangling. Sectioned hair into 4 sections and added about 8-9 twists all over.

Clarifier: Diluted baking soda and water. I used about a pinch of baking soda and added it to a bottled water (room temp). Doused it on my hair and scalp and massaged my scalp. Got rid a of most of the gunk and buildup on my scalp. My scalp needed it, trust me!

Shampoo: Giovanni Triple Tea Tree Treat
Conditioner: Giovanni Smooth As Silk Deep Conditioner (added honey and EVOO, detangled, and retwisted). Note: I never rinse out my shampoo. I add the conditioner on top of the shampoo.

I deep conditioned my hair with a heat cap for about an hour to 1.5 hours. Rinsed my hair thoroughly and followed with my ACV rinse. My hair was UBER soft, light and fluffy! It was a great wash day.

Set/Styling: Spritzed my JC Leave In Conditioner to each section. Added grapeseed oil and retwisted my hair to and let it air dry. I got a new blow dryer for my birthday from my mom and I decided to try it out. JC Leave In also acts as a heat protectant and I stretched my hair out a little on low/warm setting. Here are the results of my second blowout! Much better than the first go round!

CurlsGalore:  Back In Business!  LOOOOTTTS of Updates!  Pics for Days! - Page 41 Blowou10

I took some advice from a fellow curlie (Rachel Stewart) and my blowout was so much better! My hair was soft, my ends weren't dry, and it was super light! I felt like Chaka Khan for a minute! LOL! I knew I couldn't leave it out like this so at 8:30 last night, I decided to start my mini-twists. I finished about 1:15. I'm not sure how long I plan to leave them in, but I know for a fact it will be more than a week. I'm thinking two weeks at the minimum. I watched a YT video by Naptural85 (I love her videos) on how to maintain mini twists. She uses a wrapping method, similar to wrapping permed hair. I felt weird wrapping my twists since I haven't wrapped in forever. I thought I forgot how to do it. I unraveled my wrap this morning, and....I wish I didn't do it. No My twists are clearly in the direction I wrapped it and I'm having to play with it a little to get it act right. So I just pinned some of them control them. I like them, and ya'll know I'm no fan of wearing twists. I have a strange complex about them and how they look on me. However, I really like these for my first attempt. I could've made them smaller, but I didn't have a few days to do that. Here are the results:

CurlsGalore:  Back In Business!  LOOOOTTTS of Updates!  Pics for Days! - Page 41 Mini_t10

Yea, two weeks should be a good amount of time to hold these twists. I really need a break from styling so this is perfect. I'm thinking about doing a winter challenge for myself. I saw a few in the challenge thread I may join. I did so well in the summer, I really want to do another protective style challenge.

Well, there you have it lovelies! Lots of updates in the last two weeks, but I couldn't keep you guys out of the loop. I've also updated my fotki page http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface so feel free to check it out for more. Have a wonderful week, curlfriends! Check back in later! Muah!

CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 15th November 2010, 1:43 pm

oooh! girl you rocked all those styles--including the mini twists you look good in them! no need for a complex!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by thetiffany 15th November 2010, 2:15 pm

nice hair! your twist look great!
thetiffany
thetiffany

http://embracingmycurly.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 15th November 2010, 2:21 pm

Hey CG! Happy Belated B-day...looks like y'all had fun. I am just loving your hair so much. You are def one of my hair idols because you show the true versatility and beauty of hair that doesn't necessarily "curl." Congrats on all that wonderful growth!

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 15th November 2010, 3:03 pm

Girl you have been busy!!! love the hair !!
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 41 of 43 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42, 43  Next