CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twist- what product or homemade recipes???

5 posters

Go down

Twist- what product or homemade recipes??? Empty Twist- what product or homemade recipes???

Post by naturalchic 28th April 2010, 11:35 pm

Hello ladies,

i wanted to know what products you all us to twist out, braid out, bantu knot out on your hair. i have tried curly buttercreme, i like the hold but the smell was too much for me, so im looking for a replacement to twist my hair....would like natural selections or homemade recipes

Thanks from your curly sister!
naturalchic
naturalchic

Back to top Go down

Twist- what product or homemade recipes??? Empty Re: Twist- what product or homemade recipes???

Post by ChrsLvsBks 29th April 2010, 5:54 pm

Try Tia's spring shea butter mix. She shares it on her blog. I tried something similar and had great results. I loved how it helped my hair lay down.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Twist- what product or homemade recipes??? Empty Re: Twist- what product or homemade recipes???

Post by CocaColaCutie 29th April 2010, 6:26 pm

I like InspiredCoils Eco Custard

It's half a cup of olive oil ecostyler get to with 1 tbsp of olive oil, 1 tbsp castor oil and 1 tbsp of avocado oil.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalchic 29th April 2010, 7:45 pm

@ChrsLvsBks, thanks that sounds like a great mix, i love trying to make my own products so im gonna try this.... Laughing

@CocaColaCutie- i like your recipe also, im gonna try this one also and see which one works best for my hair....

Thanks ladies that was really helpful
naturalchic
naturalchic

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 29th April 2010, 7:48 pm

Here is a shea butter mix I got from Oooop2

3 tablespoons of shea butter
1 tablespoon of castor oil
1 tablespoon of EVCO
1 tablespoon of EVOO

I also add vitamin E oil (natural preservative) and lemongrass EO for scent if my shea butter is not scented.

If you hair loves oils and butters, it will love this mix.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Just Me 29th April 2010, 8:11 pm

I have not been successful at twists because my hair is thin and limp the majority of the time.--but I get awesome hold with this product

So here is a recipe I use to lock in a full hold. It is a homemade recipe
**warning: it goes old pretty quick because of the water, so keep i the fridge***

Coconut Oil Flaxseed Hair Gel:

Items needed & Ingredients: water, measuring cups, 1 pot, stove, flax seeds, coconut oil, vitamin E oil, and lavender oil for preservative, strainer, bottle, measuring cup, spoon or spatula

Directions:
1. Place water in pot and pour flax seeds in pot, let boil (on med-high)
2. Once it starts to boil, pay attention and stir with spoon or spatula (You will need to continuously stir so that the flax seeds wont stick to the bottom of your pot)
3. You will notice the texture starting to get really slimy (like snot)
4. This mixture will start to froth
5. Keep stirring
6. After froth happens, pour in your lavender oil vitamin E oil, and coconut oil
7. Let simmer and froth again so that it can all mix
8. Turn stove off, pour mixture into strainer above a bowl (measuring bowl)--all the gel goo will strain through the strainer and the flax seeds will not get in the mix.
9. Now, take your gel goo, place it in a bottle you want and place it in fridge until ready to use.

Literally, this only takes 10 min (though it sounds like a lot). Shelf life depending on the preservative can last 3wks.

RECIPE:
*1 or 2 cups of water
*1/2 cup of flax seeds
*3 tbps of veg. glycerin (or vit E oil, lavender oil, etcc) **I use veg. glycerin to help with frizz)
*1/2 cup of coconut oil

I also sell it on my site
www.veggums.com

Enjoy!!!
Just Me
Just Me

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalchic 29th April 2010, 8:22 pm

Thank you ladies this is very helpful, I'm looking forward to trying these recipes out.
naturalchic
naturalchic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down