CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4a/4b twist out product combination

Go down

4a/4b twist out product combination Empty 4a/4b twist out product combination

Post by Luvmynewcurls 13th August 2010, 11:04 pm

So I've probably tried every product combination and method of twisting. I finally found a combination that works for my fine hair. I'm happy because the products are natural and better for my hair. I'm posting hoping this will be helpful for someone else. I'm 7.5 months post, last perm was Jan 15th.

After a series of mini chops I have SL hair (sad). But it's health and not tangled so I'll take it. My plan is to do a long transition. At least 15-18 mos so it's key for me to find a manageable style that's professional looking.

Cowash with HE totally twisted or the blue bottle (forgot the name). I then let it air dry with some yes to cucumbers leave in and a little cocunut oil. It dries to damp (usually an 1.5hrs) while I put the kids to bed. Then I do 8 twists using giovanni direct leave in, seal with jbco and use a small amt per twist of my new secret weapon: Aveda Light Elements Curly Whip. I know it's something Nikki uses and I went in to the store in search of a little hold that would fluff up my curls.

I have gotten tons of compliments! At the end of the day my hair is still soft and fluffy! I still have to retwist at night but it's worth it to not have sad looking twist outs. I really think the Aveda product is making a difference. It's a wee bit pricey but a jar could last me 6 months ($22). HHG. Very Happy

Last edited by Luvmynewcurls on 13th August 2010, 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
Luvmynewcurls
Luvmynewcurls

Back to top Go down