CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Product for Twist- out

5 posters

Go down

Product for Twist- out Empty Product for Twist- out

Post by FreeFroMonet 16th July 2010, 3:37 pm

Hey all,
I recently cut all of my perm out...go me! Unfortunately I wasn't ready to rock the fro so I got my remaining hair flat-ironed. Good news is I'm ready to try something different and fully embrace the my natural hair by doing a twist out....but i really need to kno what products i need. I hear so many mixed reviews on products but the more opinions I get the easier it'll be for me to make my decision. Can anybody give me some suggestions!!?!?!
FreeFroMonet
FreeFroMonet

http://thisismonet.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Product for Twist- out Empty Re: Product for Twist- out

Post by preciouslady 16th July 2010, 9:26 pm

Hi yellabella, I mainly use either ORS twist and lock gel or Afroveda Hemp Seed lock, twist and roll butter. HTH
preciouslady
preciouslady

Back to top Go down

Post by TiaraJenelle 17th July 2010, 6:51 pm

I use unrefined shea butter whipped up with a little bit of coconut oil. It gives great definition. Hopes this helps!!
TiaraJenelle
TiaraJenelle

Back to top Go down

Post by FreeFroMonet 19th July 2010, 10:14 am

Thanks for the suggestions!!!! I've heard about unrefined shea butter and that's what i was leaning towards bc I already use the shea butter leave in. I heard it doesn't work well with other products and leaves white residue, does that happen with you TiaraJenelle??

I have never heard of ORS or AFroveda but I'll definitly look into it. Thanks Again!!!
FreeFroMonet
FreeFroMonet

http://thisismonet.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TiaraJenelle 19th July 2010, 12:27 pm

I use the Hawaiian Silky 14-n-1 as a leave-in before applying the shea butter. I haven't had any issues with it so far. I hope that helps a little
TiaraJenelle
TiaraJenelle

Back to top Go down

Post by krys419 19th July 2010, 4:58 pm

I just did a twist out a few days ago. I used optimum leave in (from a home perm box) then a few drops of IC Fantasia hair polisher (it has sunscreen in it). Then I added some Coconut oil. The leave in and polisher are great for detangling and combing the sections.

It came out really good. Sorry I don't have a picture of it. The Shea butter sounds like a great idea though. like it would have more hold like a pomade or light gel. next time after my leave in and the drops I will do the shea butter then some coconut oil
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/414FI2GFlmL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

krys419

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsDivine 20th July 2010, 10:30 am

I do the twist out and bantu knot outs. My product of use is the SheaMoisture line at Target. Its all 100% organic and talk about soft hair. WOW! Its the Coconut & Hibiscus line. Hair milk or hair smoothie. I think you will be amazed at the results. Good luck!
CurlsDivine
CurlsDivine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down