CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Breakage

5 posters

Go down

Breakage Empty Breakage

Post by curlygirl13 19th April 2010, 7:15 pm

Lately I have been having what I think is breakage to my hair. I usually wash, deep condition and condition my hair once a week. Due to a college work overload, recently I have been slacking.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Due to my busy schedule, I now usually wear my hair in a bun with some ecostyler gel (clear). I try to at least wash the gel out of my hair every few days using HE Totally Twisted Conditioner. But I have noticed recently that when I comb my hair out to style it into my bun A LOT of hair comes out. So I was just wondering what I could do to stop this from happening.
P.S : What are some signs of heat damage?

curlygirl13

Back to top Go down

Breakage Empty Re: Breakage

Post by DreamMerchant 19th April 2010, 10:53 pm

Are the hairs that come out the long ones with the bulbs on the end or short choppy hairs? I cannot wear my hair in a bun because it breaks off. I do not know why, but my hair and buns do not get along.
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kinky Hair 5th May 2010, 11:08 pm

curlygirl13 dont be alarmed, Hair sheds every day, so if your not combing it, its going to come out when you finally do. However, DreamMerchant had a point if you see white bulbs on the root of your hair.....this is not to be funny, but your ponytail is too tight. You may want to try wearing it in a different style if so

Kinky Hair

http://www.locsbyalisha.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 6th May 2010, 10:52 am

As previously stated, if you see hairs with the white bulbs attached that's an indication of normal shedding and should be expected. If the follicle is fragmented or the ends are split your hair needs some TLC. Try not to wear your hair consistently pulled back because you can develop breakage around the area of the ponytail holder. Just switch it up and detangle with wet hair only.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by SweetRitzy 9th May 2010, 1:18 am

I BC'd a month ago, so I only have at most 1in of hair on my head. It got super cold where I live for the past 2 days (below freezing at nights). I cowash today and saw broken hairs on my hands! I am freaking out!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] What do I do?
My usual routine is to wash every other day, put my leave in condish and starting recently seal with a combo of castor oil and coconut oil. The breakage is not from the hairs that are wavy(front & crown) but from the hairs on my sides and back of my head that are so curly, they wrap around themselves. Please help! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
SweetRitzy
SweetRitzy

http://www.ritzysweetandsaucy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down