CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Breakage

3 posters

Go down

Breakage Empty Breakage

Post by newcurlieque 3rd December 2010, 6:01 pm

So I'm noticing that for the past month and a half I'm having small amounts of breakage. I dyed my hair and that is probably the culprit. My question is how to stop it before it get's worse. I've done 2 protein treatments since I noticed the breakage, I just did one Monday of this week and my hair was a tangled dry hot mess afterwards. I used mayo, egg and a ORS replenishing pack which clearly was not a good idea. So I deep condished for a few hours and that helped. Is there anything else I can do? How often should I be doing protein treatments? I keep my hair well moisturized so I don't think I'm lacking moisture. IDK.
newcurlieque
newcurlieque

Back to top Go down

Breakage Empty Re: Breakage

Post by LetMeFixMyHurr 3rd December 2010, 6:28 pm

I would DC twice a week, and do a hot oil treatment after one of them. Do this regularly and helpfully you will see the health improve.

Did you over-process your hair?
LetMeFixMyHurr
LetMeFixMyHurr

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 3rd December 2010, 6:36 pm

I don't. Some people say don't do too many protein treatments. Your may not like it. Have you done them before now?? I haven't. At least not knowingly. I may need to try one myself.

Maybe you can do a search for "protein treatment" and see what comes up. I'm sure there's some good advice on here for you. But what LetMe said sounds like a good idea too. I just don't know about too much protein in your hair.
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by newcurlieque 3rd December 2010, 6:44 pm

ok will try that.....I think I did over process bcuz I recolored after abt 2 mths after the initial application just to tone it down and now breakage.
newcurlieque
newcurlieque

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 3rd December 2010, 6:45 pm

oops, i meant to say "I don't know." not just I don't. sorry lol
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by newcurlieque 3rd December 2010, 6:46 pm

misskris I was thinking I should do them once a month....no more than that. idk...I read somewhere that when your hair is chemically colored you should add protein treatments but I know too much is not good either.
newcurlieque
newcurlieque

Back to top Go down

Post by LetMeFixMyHurr 3rd December 2010, 7:07 pm

newcurlieque wrote:ok will try that.....I think I did over process bcuz I recolored after abt 2 mths after the initial application just to tone it down and now breakage.

I'm guessing you used a box color, huh? It's possible that the new color had a lifter (most likely 10 volume bleach), and you put that over another light color, the old color, (more bleach!) and you have color damage.

You only needed to lift the roots, but deposit the color on the ends, beauty school student here.

But the good thing is that you can restore the health of your hair with proper care. Try the aphogee 2 min re constructor, and follow with a GOOD moisturizing DC.

Continue with regular moisturizing DC's twice a week, to restore moisture.
LetMeFixMyHurr
LetMeFixMyHurr

Back to top Go down

Post by newcurlieque 3rd December 2010, 7:18 pm

Thanks girl!!! I will try those suggestions!!!
newcurlieque
newcurlieque

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down