CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hair is becoming tangled after wash

+5
krazy coils
naturallychelsea
aylexgetxit
naturallyme09
Emartini04
9 posters

Go down

Hair is becoming tangled after wash Empty Hair is becoming tangled after wash

Post by Emartini04 25th March 2011, 9:37 pm

Hello ladies? Haven't been here for a while but I have a question that I'm hoping most of you could answer:

I've noticed my hair has been growing longer and thicker which is good and I'm really happy about. What I've also noticed is when I wash my hair is becomes very tangled then it has ever before. Does that have something to do with the new growth and hair becoming thicker? If so what should I use to get rid of these tangles?
Emartini04
Emartini04

Back to top Go down

Hair is becoming tangled after wash Empty Re: Hair is becoming tangled after wash

Post by naturallyme09 25th March 2011, 10:42 pm

I section/detangle on dry hair (damp w/ conditioner), twisting each section once detangled. I complete my wash session with my hair in twists. This helps to prevent tangles. Prepooing w/ oils also helps.
naturallyme09
naturallyme09

Back to top Go down

Hair is becoming tangled after wash Empty Re: Hair is becoming tangled after wash

Post by aylexgetxit 25th March 2011, 10:46 pm

i'm finding the same thing is happening to me ever since i took out my kinky twists, but i still have a TWA unstretched, so i can't wash in sections. any suggestions?
aylexgetxit
aylexgetxit

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 25th March 2011, 10:53 pm

Try plenty of conditioner (my fav is herbal essences hello hydration) Also, maybe your wide toothed comb is leaving shed hair behind that causes tangles. You should try the tangle teezer as I have noticed less tangles now that the shed hair is not being left behind in my hair.

Also for the OP detangling in sections and twisting right after and rinsing my hair whilst they are in twists has saved my hair. It will tangle otherwise.
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 26th March 2011, 12:56 am

@Emartini - Are you using a sulfate or non-sulfate shampoo? Sulfate shampoos can make your hair very dry which can increase the tangles you've been experiencing. I agree that prepooing with oils can help before you actually shampoo your hair. Also as suggested above you may have to wash your hair in sections while it is still in twists to prevent your hair from tangling. HTH
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by ajsimmons8 26th March 2011, 9:48 am

ditto on what the other ladies said: Pre-poo with oils, and wash in twists. On my lazy days when I don't feel like doing either, after I poo, I use a good condish like HEHH, section my hair and then detangle. You can also do co-washes which helps.
ajsimmons8
ajsimmons8

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 26th March 2011, 12:15 pm

I wash my hair in twist too.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 26th March 2011, 12:55 pm

ditto to everything that has been said. i also want to add that oil rinsing and making sure to rinse the dc/oil rinse in as cold of water possible helps to close cuticle and make the hair strand as seamless as possible which makes detangling better
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by letha 27th March 2011, 6:46 am

I'm transitioning not natural yet but when I used shampoo I noticed that my hair would tangle up instantly. I use conditioner to wash my hair instead of shampoo. I also pre-poo with conditioner w/oils.. Herbal Essence is my fav co-wash sometimes using those conditioners would melt my Tangles..
letha
letha

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down