CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shampoo and Conditioner for natural hair

+2
NylaCoils
newgurl07
6 posters

Go down

Shampoo and Conditioner for natural hair Empty Shampoo and Conditioner for natural hair

Post by newgurl07 3rd July 2010, 10:36 pm

Hello to all my natural sisters....I am a new natural sister. I haven't permed my hair in a year...well July 7 will be a year:) I'm so excited to be perm free. I need some advice on a great shampoo and conditioner...should I put a texturizer in my hair to make it more manageable. Thanks in advance for all the help...

newgurl07

Back to top Go down

Shampoo and Conditioner for natural hair Empty Re: Shampoo and Conditioner for natural hair

Post by NylaCoils 3rd July 2010, 11:03 pm

Is there a whole foods in your area. If there is - they make a shampoo in various scents - rosemerry and lavendar, herbal mint, citrus blend and unscented (smells like bug spray). I love how my hair feels after the conditioner. The conditioner is cone free and the shampoos is sulfate and paraben free. You can get a 16 oz bottle for 3.00
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

http://coilyencounters.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Shampoo and Conditioner for natural hair Empty Re: Shampoo and Conditioner for natural hair

Post by Ms.Magnolia 3rd July 2010, 11:54 pm

If your goal is chemical free, I think that a texturizer is not the way to go. I have only had relaxers in the past, but my understanding is that texturizers are also chemicals.
Ms.Magnolia
Ms.Magnolia

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 4th July 2010, 12:05 am

Ms.Magnolia wrote:If your goal is chemical free, I think that a texturizer is not the way to go. I have only had relaxers in the past, but my understanding is that texturizers are also chemicals.

Texturizers are chemicals too and if you would like to be 100% natural I would recommend you avoid them. Target also has some shampoos and conditioners (Giovanni, SheaMoisture) that you might be able to check out.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Esq 4th July 2010, 12:28 am

Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 4th July 2010, 12:41 am

A texturizer is basically a weak relaxer. If you are trying to go natural, a texturizer is not the to go.

A good shampoo and conditioner is Curlicious Cleansing Cream and Coconut Sublime Conditioner...they can be found at www.curls.biz
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down