CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transitioning Motivation

+5
samwri07
missartistic
Treece
Janique
MochaSoul
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Transitioning Motivation - Page 2 Empty Re: Transitioning Motivation

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 5th April 2010, 10:45 am

Hi Ladies,

I just BCd earlier this morning after nearly 18.5 months of transitioning. I'm super excited about the change and think every moment of transitioning is exciting. It's a time of self discovery and I enjoyed every bit of it. Since I no longer have the permed ends waying my hair down not only does my hair feel free but I feel liberated also. I know styling and washing will be much easier and I can wear twistouts and braidouts;something hard to achieve w/o curling the ends for a better blend of the textures when transitioning. Some protective styles look better on completely natural hair.

Best of luck to those who continue their transitioning journey. Don't get discouraged but be patient. Trust in your hair as you trust in the Lord.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by Janique 5th April 2010, 10:51 am

Wow you finally did it! I'm feeling less and less motivated to keep these relaxed ends now...I can't wait to see how your completely natural hair looks!
Janique
Janique

Back to top Go down

Post by new2curl 5th April 2010, 11:03 am

Hello everyone I understand how everyone feels I am a newbie too. I tried to do the two strand twists on wet hair when I finished it did not look like I wanted, but when I let the hair dry and untwisted my hair it turned out better than I thought. Just hang in there MochaSoul you are going to have to have patience with your hair.

Treece you hair looks great I cant wait until I have enough new growth to do the BC.

Samwri07 I totaly have to agree with you when you are out and people compliment you on your natural hair its a great feeling because you worked hard to get you hair to the stage it is now. So think you your hair as a blank canvas and you are the artist. What you create is a one of a kind master piece that you and only you control. Happy Curls Ladies! Check out my hair journal for the different products that I have used on my hair. Hope this will help with your motivation MochaSoul. We have to keep each other motivated and uplifted to get through this natural hair journey.

http://web.me.com/new2curl
new2curl
new2curl

http://web.me.com/new2curl/Site

Back to top Go down

Post by samwri07 5th April 2010, 11:05 am

@HAMPTONFNST CONGRATS GIRL!!!!!!! IM EXCITED FOR YOU Smile. I DONT HAVE MANY RELAXED ENDS LEFT, BUT IM READY TO CHOP THEM OFF AND EVEN MY HAIR OUT B/C RIGHT NOW I HAVE A BACKWARD SHAG LOL.....YOU SHOULD POST PICS!!!
samwri07
samwri07

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 5th April 2010, 11:11 am

I forgot my phone this morning Sam and Janique, but will be taking glam shots when I get off and head to school. I want everyone to see this newly natural. LOL. Thanks so much [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by Treece 5th April 2010, 12:08 pm

@new2curl: Me either! I am ready to chop this all off lol. With encouragement I've gotten over the fear of cutting it short! Smile It'll all grow back and hopefully longer than before!

@HAMPTONSFNST: congrats on the B/C! Enjoy your natural curls. Very Happy
Treece
Treece

Back to top Go down

Post by MochaSoul 5th April 2010, 8:56 pm

Can't wait to see HAMPTONSFNST's pics!

Thanks new2curl...i will be looking at your pics!!!

I finally feel good ladies..got the do' did!! looking presentable and stuff now!!! LOL!!
MochaSoul
MochaSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by new2curl 5th April 2010, 9:01 pm

Were here to keep you motivated! run
new2curl
new2curl

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 6th April 2010, 11:45 am

Hola chicas,

Today is a blessed day and I will rejoice because I am a natural. Mocha, I hope these pics help motivate you to continue your journey. Don't give up on your hair and we're always here to support you during this transition. Thank you ladies for motivating me to make that change in my life and to pursue it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by MochaSoul 6th April 2010, 2:30 pm

you are very curlie HAMPTON....any product referrals?
MochaSoul
MochaSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by samwri07 7th April 2010, 9:59 am

@HAMPTONSFNST~~~~~~~~`CUUUUUUUUUTE!!!!!! YOU CURLS ARE GREAT!!!
samwri07
samwri07

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 7th April 2010, 11:24 am

Thanks ladies,

The morning of my BC I cowashed with HETT and followed that with Giovanni Direct Leave-In conditioner. Before styling my hair I shingled with Curls' Curl Souffle and sealed with castor oil. The oil leaves my hair moisturized for days. I did experience the infamous shrinkage but I'm not too worried about that. I'm glad I actually did it! I thought I would be able to wait until September but I got tired of those dreadful ends weighing down my curls.

This morning I just spritzed with water, conditioner, and oils and sealed with jojoba. These are the results

:

Last edited by HAMPTONSFNST on 8th April 2010, 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by Janique 7th April 2010, 11:58 am

Have you tried a puff yet???
Janique
Janique

Back to top Go down

Post by new2curl 7th April 2010, 12:28 pm

Congrats on the BC,
new2curl
new2curl

Back to top Go down

Post by MochaSoul 7th April 2010, 10:35 pm

you are being so consistent...kudos!!! i only hope that i am able to achieve the same results that you and many others have...i guess my fear is that my hair tends to be super thick and not knowing what the end result will be is just scary! i have alot of eyes watching my progress...i guess deep in side i want the best hair since Beyonce's mother stopped doing her hair..lol!!
MochaSoul
MochaSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by new2curl 8th April 2010, 9:13 am

You just hang in there this week has been a rough week for my hair, I already can see the difference in the two textures and I have not uploaded any pics to my blog yet because my hair looks like a birds nests. But I am trying to remember that I have to have patience. On the up side I have notice a big change in my skin since I am only using natural products on my hair. I am trying to get back the thickness in my hair. lol! Have a Blessed Day!
new2curl
new2curl

Back to top Go down

Post by MochaSoul 8th April 2010, 9:49 am

I hope you have a better week....i understand not putting up any pics, i wouldnt either, but at least you are braving it out. me on the other hand, i am hiding behind braids...that is just my comfort taking control..i just noticed that you were from Charleston..i am originally from Savannah.
MochaSoul
MochaSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 8th April 2010, 10:53 am

@Janique: I haven't tried a puff yet but this weekend I may try it. I'm enjoying the fact that I can wake up and just spritz my hair, apply moisture and oil and be on my way. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by samwri07 8th April 2010, 6:01 pm

@hampton~~~ i love your hair its so cute!!!!......are you a work posing and taking pics lol!! i do the same thing when im bored lol haha. how often are you washing your hair??? i feel like i have to wash my hair everyday b/c of these products i put in it

@new2curl~~~ i feel ya on the bad hair week. i have been trying different products and i can't get the combination that i want and my hair comes out to be rough and brillo-padish lol.
samwri07
samwri07

Back to top Go down

Post by Winterblew2010 6th May 2010, 1:14 am

samwri07 wrote:mochasoul~~omg i love my natural hair and I feel more free and renewed, but I know some people dont appreciated just because of how it looks now. But I must honestly say I will never ever ever get another relaxer in my life. I hate to say never b/c you never know what may happen in the future but I love my natural hair so much and i cannot wait until i reach my hair goals. then every one who has doubts can be put to shame when they see my beautiful locks lol!

yeah i have an addiction to youtube and other ppls transitioning stories b/c it is so inspiring.

@treece your hair is so pretty. Look i tried to do a twist out twice and both times it looked extra random......especially the second time i did it.....it turned out a hot mess. I dont think my hair is thick enought for that style. my twist just come out so random :/ i gotta find something else lol

im new to transitioning also-- sam to help with the twist outs you could moisterise your hair with alot of moisterizer targeting the hair mostly then style that way it'll make up fo ryour hair not being thick enough. just a thought!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Winterblew2010

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyCurly 6th May 2010, 5:50 pm

now, you can sweat or comb your hair whenever. with a relaxer, you can't sweat in the two days before, or really comb your scalp two days before, or else you irritate it even more during the relaxer. you've got more freedom now, even while you are transitioning. it's ok to 'hide' behind braids for now, as long as your hair is still healthy under them.

HappyCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by MochaSoul 7th May 2010, 9:26 am

@ Winterblew-I feel you with trying to stay away from relaxers for life, that is definatley my intentions

@ HappyCurly-I dont consider it hiding...i am just allowing the transitioning process take its course until i feel comfortable with length and i am forced to style soon after i relocate.
MochaSoul
MochaSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2