CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Motivation/Styles/Suggestions--Medium Length Hair

3 posters

Go down

Motivation/Styles/Suggestions--Medium Length Hair Empty Motivation/Styles/Suggestions--Medium Length Hair

Post by moonchild 2nd September 2010, 12:12 pm

I feel like most hair blogs cater to people who are transitioning, recently BC'd or have been at this for a long time and have hair down to their ankles and a solid regimen. Anyone out there who has been natural for 6 months to a year? What are some of your stories? Pictures? What keeps you motivated? What's been working for you? What mistakes have you made? Is your hair where you thought it would be?

moonchild

Back to top Go down

Motivation/Styles/Suggestions--Medium Length Hair Empty Re: Motivation/Styles/Suggestions--Medium Length Hair

Post by zinny 4a kinks 2nd September 2010, 1:23 pm

I FEEL THE SAME WAY you are so right .. i cnt wait to see what people say b.c i need that info too : )
zinny 4a kinks
zinny 4a kinks

http://twitter.com/C_Ezinne_O

Back to top Go down

Motivation/Styles/Suggestions--Medium Length Hair Empty Re: Motivation/Styles/Suggestions--Medium Length Hair

Post by bholmes87 2nd September 2010, 1:29 pm

I completely agree! Even youtube videos are mostly by newly BC divas or those that have been natural for years (at least it seems that way). I transitioned for a year and have been natural for 8 months now. One of my mistakes is not taking the time to really put together a group of products that are my holy grail, as Nikki would say. I just buy anything that someone says works for their hair! That's one mistake. I also love to wear my hair out. I love twists as well but there's nothing like having a twistout/braidout/bantu knot out/curly fro to make a girl feel fabulous afro

But I think my hair is where I expected it to be because I take care of it. At times I feel like my hair has been the same length for half the year but then I look at the pictures and realize that my hair is really growing!

I can't add pictures right now because I'm at work but you can look at my Curl Street Journal in my signature for pictures! I take pictures almost daily so there's lots to look at if you're interested Smile

The thing that's been working for me is being gentle on my hair. I try not to rip knots out of my hair or get frustrated when it gets tangled. I just go with the flow and try to keep my hair moisturized.

Also, I am thinking of starting a blog, but not just for hair. More like a life blog. So I'll share that when it's up and running too!

Great question though I love you
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by zinny 4a kinks 2nd September 2010, 1:49 pm

i would love your blog ! lol i love your fotki pics your hair is gorgeous ! and those pics on the curl street journal are reaaal nice i love your hair !
zinny 4a kinks
zinny 4a kinks

http://twitter.com/C_Ezinne_O

Back to top Go down

Post by moonchild 3rd September 2010, 1:33 am

Your pictures are great! I love the twists/updo that can last for a few days... I've been working on that, but need to be more patient with it.

My hair was doing better in the spring I think, b/c I hadn't really discovered twist outs; once I did, my hair was out and about all the time! So my plan for fall is to protect it a bit more. I've gotten to like the look of french rolls/braids on either side, which seem to be less manipulation than twisting, plus I keep my hands out of my hair.

I was hoping to be chin length in the front and shoulder length (stretched) in the back by January (my year anniversary of totally natural--I transitioned in interlock for 18 months and treated my hair horribly. Really really bad. I don't even want to admit to the things I didn't do). But I don't think I'll make it unless I protect it more (right now the front is just at the tip of my nose and the back is just above my collar bone). I've also decided to stick to a routine until October, even though I'm itching to buy some new products!

Anyway, I hope that other people chime in! Especially with some work looks/ideas...

moonchild

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down