CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transitioning

5 posters

Go down

Transitioning Empty Transitioning

Post by tashafawn24 1st February 2010, 9:49 pm

Hello curly girls! My friend Twisted Kurlzz brought me here to this site. I decided to go natural...again [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The first time I went natural Twisted Kurlzz and I done the big chop together back in 2007. At that point I didn't have a choice because my hair was falling out due to pregnancy and the only choice I had was to start over and fast! So I did the big chop August 2007 and in January 2008 I had a freak-out moment and relaxed my hair! I knew nothing about natural hair, what products to use, how to braid or anything once my hair started to grow and get thicker. I was lost without a paddle and to make matters worse my husband didn't like my natural hair at all! He never commented me on my hair nor did he like to look at it or touch it!

I've always kept my relaxed hair long and I never wore weaves, extentions, braids or anything of the type; I am always a simple person when it comes to my hair. So I believe that this is what my husband was use to seeing me look like on a day to day basis! But I have not one but two daughters now ages 1 and 2 (going on 3 years old in April) and I see their hair and I want my hair to be like theirs!

I know it sounds weird when we live in a society where most moms want to relax or texturize their young daughter's hair but I want nothing of the sort. I want my hair to match their hair so that I can teach them how beautiful their hair is and how to take care of it, just like mommy's!
I'm in the process of transitioning my hair (something that I wasn't able to do last time) and my last relaxer was on December 24, 2009. I would like to transition for a year and do my BC on my 30th birthday with Twisted Kurlzz doing the honors! I need all of the love and support I can get because I know that this will have its ups and downs [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] but I want to be free now.

Be sure to send some love my way ladies; I'm going to be needing it!
tashafawn24
tashafawn24

Back to top Go down

Transitioning Empty Re: Transitioning

Post by Lynnieluve 1st February 2010, 10:21 pm

Good luck on your journey and welcome to the forum!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by tashafawn24 1st February 2010, 10:35 pm

Thank you! While you were transitioning what style(s) did you utilize?
tashafawn24
tashafawn24

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 1st February 2010, 10:43 pm

Check out my Fotki. It's in my signature. I have a transitioning album there.

I tried bantu knots, twist and curls, rod sets, roller set, two strand flat twist and a few others I think.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by TwistedKurlzz 1st February 2010, 10:50 pm

@tashafawn24 I am so glad that you did your post on here. I am glad that i am going to be on this journey with you. Like we discussed earlier, it may get hard sometimes, but I know that you can make it through it. You will have my support definitely, and you will also have support from the curlynikki family.

Keep your head up and we will talk soon. Love Ya chica dance
TwistedKurlzz
TwistedKurlzz

http://public.fotki.com/angel1907

Back to top Go down

Post by tashafawn24 1st February 2010, 10:57 pm

Awe Twisted Kurlzz! I was about to say your real name Tee Hee [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Yay! I belong to a community!
tashafawn24
tashafawn24

Back to top Go down

Post by TwistedKurlzz 1st February 2010, 11:00 pm

@tashafawn24 lol, it's okay. Yes, you definitely belong here Smile
TwistedKurlzz
TwistedKurlzz

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 2nd February 2010, 3:46 am

tashafawn24 wrote:Hello curly girls! My friend Twisted Kurlzz brought me here to this site. I decided to go natural...again [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The first time I went natural Twisted Kurlzz and I done the big chop together back in 2007. At that point I didn't have a choice because my hair was falling out due to pregnancy and the only choice I had was to start over and fast! So I did the big chop August 2007 and in January 2008 I had a freak-out moment and relaxed my hair! I knew nothing about natural hair, what products to use, how to braid or anything once my hair started to grow and get thicker. I was lost without a paddle and to make matters worse my husband didn't like my natural hair at all! He never commented me on my hair nor did he like to look at it or touch it!

I've always kept my relaxed hair long and I never wore weaves, extentions, braids or anything of the type; I am always a simple person when it comes to my hair. So I believe that this is what my husband was use to seeing me look like on a day to day basis! But I have not one but two daughters now ages 1 and 2 (going on 3 years old in April) and I see their hair and I want my hair to be like theirs!

I know it sounds weird when we live in a society where most moms want to relax or texturize their young daughter's hair but I want nothing of the sort. I want my hair to match their hair so that I can teach them how beautiful their hair is and how to take care of it, just like mommy's!
I'm in the process of transitioning my hair (something that I wasn't able to do last time) and my last relaxer was on December 24, 2009. I would like to transition for a year and do my BC on my 30th birthday with Twisted Kurlzz doing the honors! I need all of the love and support I can get because I know that this will have its ups and downs [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] but I want to be free now.

Be sure to send some love my way ladies; I'm going to be needing it!

Hey there, sending love your way. I am a 10 month transitioner wanting to BC in March will make it 1 year. Click on my link below and see a whole lot of info on my journey, complete with styles. Any questions, ask, ask, ask!!! There are alot of helpful and knowledgable gals in this community. Recommendation: takes lots of pics of your transition and document what you use and do with your hair. It will help in the long run. Transitioning is more mental then physical manipulation of the hair.
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 2nd February 2010, 11:29 am

Hello and welcom - enjoy your journey.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by TwistedKurlzz 2nd February 2010, 11:45 am

@tashafawn24 I agree with Intelligentbeauty. It is a good idea to take pics during your transition. You remember when we first went natural, I thought that my hair was not growing at all, but when I started taking frequent pics of my hair, that's when I noticed that my hair was actually growing a lot.
TwistedKurlzz
TwistedKurlzz

Back to top Go down

Post by tashafawn24 15th March 2010, 12:50 am

Okay ladies...ladies, ladies, ladies! I think I have a commitment issue [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I know, I know; in my original post I said that I wanted to transition for a year....um, no. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Next month (April 24th to be exact) which will be 4 months of transitioning I will be cutting this stuff out. WHY...

The answer is simple; I live in Texas and it's about to get hot. Twisted Kurlzz; grab your Bible, oil up those shears, and prepare to work a miracle on this here melon... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
tashafawn24
tashafawn24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down