CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My hair has only grown 3in. since my BC and that was 6 months ago.. is that slow progess?

+4
CrissyQ
NhappyJackie
BlondeByDesire
hdthomas
8 posters

Go down

My hair has only grown 3in. since my BC and that was 6 months ago.. is that slow progess? Empty My hair has only grown 3in. since my BC and that was 6 months ago.. is that slow progess?

Post by hdthomas 31st March 2010, 12:31 pm

i feel like my hair is jst not growing.. i c other curlies who have HUMONGOUS afros for their 1 yr and my fro doesnt look like its gonna reach anywer near that. im barely past a twa (ok that may be exaggerating but im not sure when your hair is no longer considered a twa). is this normal growth or is my hair jst REALLY slow to grow?
this was my BC back n september 09:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

and this is my hair now
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
hdthomas
hdthomas

Back to top Go down

My hair has only grown 3in. since my BC and that was 6 months ago.. is that slow progess? Empty Re: My hair has only grown 3in. since my BC and that was 6 months ago.. is that slow progess?

Post by BlondeByDesire 31st March 2010, 12:36 pm

No, not at all, I say you're right on track with the 6 inches per year. An inch a month is very good.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

My hair has only grown 3in. since my BC and that was 6 months ago.. is that slow progess? Empty Re: My hair has only grown 3in. since my BC and that was 6 months ago.. is that slow progess?

Post by NhappyJackie 31st March 2010, 12:38 pm

Girl, what is wrong with your mirror? Your hair has grown so much since the BC it is redic!!!!!! That second pic is absolutely beautiful and I want to know how you got it to slick back that far..LOL. Keep in mind that the average hair growth is about 1/2 an inch/month. So 3inchs in 6months is actually normal. Remember, patience is the key to growing long healthy hair.
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by hdthomas 31st March 2010, 1:36 pm

woah..n i jst realized i left out a whole R from progress hehe
hdthomas
hdthomas

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 31st March 2010, 1:53 pm

ARE YOUSERIOUS? YOUR HAIR IS GROWING GOOD! I was the same way, My last perm was august of 09, and in january of 2010 (5 months) I permed it because i felt like it was not growing. Do NOT do what i did, you have great growth.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by MaddingtonBear 31st March 2010, 3:10 pm

That is ALOT of growth. I BC in Sept. 09 and I have still have a twa because I have major shrinkage. BTW, I ordered Jamaican Black Castor oil from www.Sams247.com on Monday and got it today!

MaddingtonBear

Back to top Go down

Post by Ekaette 31st March 2010, 3:12 pm

Average growth rate is 0.5 inches a month so your growth rate is perfectly fine. Some people grow faster than that and some people (like me) grow slower than that but 0.5 inches/month is average
Ekaette
Ekaette

http://public.fotki.com/ekaette/

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicanmecurly 31st March 2010, 4:26 pm

I totally understand your itchiness for more growth... I'm so there with you sister! But you do have great growth for 6 months. think about it this way, another 6 months- God's willing, you'll have twice as much hair!

I see a change in my hair and it hasn't even been a month since I cut it but somehow that change isn't enough... I want more! I guess that's just the human psyche... we always want more!
jamaicanmecurly
jamaicanmecurly

http://thirtysomethingandsearching.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by lumii 31st March 2010, 5:33 pm

You hair is amazing! I had my bc 4 years ago and I never maintained my length.. After 4 years you'D probably be expecting a huuuuge afro, but mine is.. well not as expected
As long as you keep it healthy it will grow.. I've noticed a difference with my hair now. I guess it's to early to really know right now but I'll be keeping track every 3 months
lumii
lumii

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down