CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does transitioning slow down natural hair growth?

2 posters

Go down

Does transitioning slow down natural hair growth? Empty Does transitioning slow down natural hair growth?

Post by Blackdoll83 29th January 2010, 12:39 pm

Hey ladies,
I was wondering if anyone knows if transitioning from relaxed to natural affect the rate in which your hair grows? I know your hair grows regardless but does keeping the relaxed damaged hair on your head slow down all the natural hair from growing as fast as it could without the relaxed ends? Im so curious because if i am slowing down the process of great new growth i would rather know sooner than later. Please share your experiences, thoughts and expertise .I posted this in the transitioning section also but i thought it would be appropriate here to being that alot of people that look at this section of the forum are all natural now. Thanks!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Blackdoll83
Blackdoll83

Back to top Go down

Does transitioning slow down natural hair growth? Empty Re: Does transitioning slow down natural hair growth?

Post by KeetaRay 29th January 2010, 2:16 pm

Hi Blackdoll83.

Transitioning does not affect the rate in which your hair grows. The only limitation you will face is figuring out styles due to the 2 different textures. Your hair will grow, though, regardless. They say the AVERAGE amount of growth people have is about 6 inches per year (which is 1/2 inch per month). Some people's hair grows faster, some slower. But that's the average, so you can gauge it from there.
KeetaRay
KeetaRay

http://keetaray.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Does transitioning slow down natural hair growth? Empty Re: Does transitioning slow down natural hair growth?

Post by Blackdoll83 29th January 2010, 7:28 pm

Thanks for your response Keetaray. By the way- your hair is gorgeous and I'm really glad you responded lol i just read your transition to natural story on here the other day and when i was surfing youtube for natural hair info i believe i saw a couple of your videos. u made some youtube videos too right?
Blackdoll83
Blackdoll83

Back to top Go down

Post by KeetaRay 29th January 2010, 7:54 pm

Aww, thanks so much Smile Yes, I have a YouTube channel under the name "tayah97". How long are you planning to transition?
KeetaRay
KeetaRay

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackdoll83 30th January 2010, 4:55 pm

um im not sure yet- ive neverrr had a really short cut so im really interested in how it would look on me i have an appt with my hair stylist mon- havent seen her since i got my last relaxer (she does relaxed and natural hair) i just might tell her to chop it off then....how long have u been natural?
Blackdoll83
Blackdoll83

Back to top Go down

Post by KeetaRay 30th January 2010, 5:15 pm

Oh okay. I've been natural for a little over a year - since November 2008. I transitioned for 8 months.
KeetaRay
KeetaRay

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down