CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mstokes2008-Straight hair & 1 year since my last relaxer!!

+52
curlya
naturallynola
mizcreativelyme
wyldhoney
swoodward
freckledmom4
thetiffany
LovingLife
nattyblog
cyclingchick
Fabulousat50
WhosThatRedHead
AfrikanLatina
Ebbz
Buttercup76
QuietButterfly
missmoriah
coilykinks
curlsunfurled
CocaColaCutie
ladykay6
curly-me-naturally
ChrsLvsBks
poeticlyspkng
krazy coils
iri9109
priceless
Muz
jlowman1
TheRYL1
DvaAuNaturel
tiashaunteƩ
ktoliver5303
NubieNatty
Nikcoils
jcanalena79
talljournalist
sweetdrk1
CrissyQ
Intelligentbeauty
Erica5417
Lynnieluve
NhappyJackie
BlondeByDesire
KinkyNappyHappy
bholmes87
Cherry: extraordinary!
MellowOne
LaToya28
SheeTacular
Juices-n-Berries
mstokes2008
56 posters

Page 4 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 18  Next

Go down

Mstokes2008-Straight hair & 1 year since my last relaxer!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Mstokes2008-Straight hair & 1 year since my last relaxer!!

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 20th April 2010, 4:12 pm

You sound so much like my son. However, he waits until the day before I pick him up to start cleaning up!! Mstokes2008-Straight hair & 1 year since my last relaxer!! - Page 4 Icon_rolleyes

Hang in there you will get it all done, and you will have the entire summer to look forward to!! Unless you are going to summer school like he is!! LOL

I was addicted to headbands for almost 4 months. I just didn't feel that I looked feminine. However, be careful not to mess up your edges as a result of pulling your hair back. Have you tried wearing the side up? I think your flat twists looked really nice.

Just remember, you have to have patience with natural hair. I didn't have any so I can tell you this from personal experience. Mstokes2008-Straight hair & 1 year since my last relaxer!! - Page 4 Icon_biggrin

Enjoy Hanna Montana!! Oh...did you see High Schooll Musical 3 - Senior Year? I'm such a child at heart..I did and I thought it was soo cute!!! **okay leaving your thread** Mstokes2008-Straight hair & 1 year since my last relaxer!! - Page 4 Icon_redface

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Mstokes2008-Straight hair & 1 year since my last relaxer!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Mstokes2008-Straight hair & 1 year since my last relaxer!!

Post by CrissyQ 20th April 2010, 4:44 pm

hey honey, hope you feel better and for the record (whispering) I like Hanna Montana too. Get well and you tell that computer to leave you alone (in a baby voice)
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 20th April 2010, 8:04 pm

@KNH- I don't move out until the 15th of May so I'm just slowly trying to pack up the stuff I don't need and send it home until I move into my new and hopefully more permanent apartment (campus apartments are no fun when you have to move out every year)

But this summer won't be much of a break sadly, I'll be working full time and taking summer school classes, but atleast the classes are all online, so that's a small break lol.

& I'm trying really hard to break the headband habit. I've been using a knee high with no gel and not pushing my hair back very far so the knee high pretty much becomes invisible lol, so I'm slowly but surely getting there. And I've messed around with pulling the side up but couldn't get it exactly right. I think it would look cute with the flat twists but I would probably have to do those in the morning because they get destroyed at night lol. I may try it in the morning to mix things up a lil for class.

&& yes I love Hannah Montana and all of the High school musicals. Choir was my life in HS and we did a few of those songs in our pop shows so it brings back memories lol. I'm trying to get all 3 movies hehe Laughing

@Rose- see I knew I wasn't the only one that liked Hannah lol. But right now I'm fighting with school internet and a rinky dink ethernet cable. I'm strongly considering getting one of those internet cards from AT&T but I'm not sure if I want another bill No
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 21st April 2010, 3:07 pm

Happy Wednesday everyone!!

So last night I had another awesome WnG which kind of sucked because I was just going to sleep on it. Anyways I was attempting to mix it up some and try something different. So I tried my best to lay both sides down in a sort of fro-hawk attempt. For whatever reason I can't figure out how to lay my sides down smoothly Sad So I did my best, slapped a scarf around the edges and put my bonnet on. This morning... ugh The middle fro-hawk part bounced back fine but the sides were not having it. They were not smooth just kinda hard & awkwardly laid down. In an attempt to fix and re-smooth I took the clamps out that I was using to keep my sides back... BIG MISTAKE!!!! I pretty much DESTROYED my little fro-hawk No and I couldn't get it to lay back down. So I jumped in the shower to just re-do the WnG which turned out fine, I debated retrying my original style but decided to just slick one side up and put a flower in it... yeah that didn't work either. For whatever reason my "slicking" doesn't work unless its the entire front. So I'm off to class with a typical WnG... way to mix it up! Go me! lol

Any advice on how I can fix my dilemma ladies??? I'm trying to stop doing the headband thing because I don't want to damage my edges.
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 21st April 2010, 3:09 pm

Hi there, don't you hate having good hair and no where to go??

Have a great day!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 22nd April 2010, 12:50 pm

Morning!

What are you using to slick your edges down with? I wouldn't suggest gel (even though that's what I used) but there has to be something that will work. I saw a YT video where this young lady used Murry's hair pomade!!! I tried that too, but my hair was too thick to lay down. So I gave it to my son and he's loving it for his waves!!

I'll see if I can find that video and post it in your thread sometime today!!

Have a great day!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 22nd April 2010, 1:08 pm

Hey just stopping by
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteĆ© 22nd April 2010, 1:47 pm

I like to use a mixture of shea butter and water on my edges. Tie down for 15mins - remove and go. Works great
tiashaunteƩ
tiashaunteƩ

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 22nd April 2010, 7:14 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:Hi there, don't you hate having good hair and no where to go??

Have a great day!

lol yeah I know, no fun. I guess I'll be looking good for my teddy bear lol

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Morning!

What are you using to slick your edges down with? I wouldn't suggest gel (even though that's what I used) but there has to be something that will work. I saw a YT video where this young lady used Murry's hair pomade!!! I tried that too, but my hair was too thick to lay down. So I gave it to my son and he's loving it for his waves!!

I'll see if I can find that video and post it in your thread sometime today!!

Have a great day!!

KNH
I was using gel which wasn't doing the job. obviously lol. I haven't used pomade for years. I don't know why I actually stopped. I may have to try again. But at least yours didn't go to waste lol

RoseBud wrote:Hey just stopping by

Hey Rose!

tiashauntee wrote:I like to use a mixture of shea butter and water on my edges. Tie down for 15mins - remove and go. Works great

I think I've used my shea butter mix once in the past that worked ok. I was struggling the other day because I didn't want to smoosh the top because it was pretty much perfect lol.
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 22nd April 2010, 7:39 pm

Happy Earth Day ladies!

Today has been a trying day for me and I pretty much just want to go to sleep and the sun hasn't even gone down yet No

First today was my 1 month anniversary!! Yay!! Last night I oiled with some WGO and Mega-tek like I did while I was transitioning, I did a little massage, felt great and went to bed.

Well to celebrate our little milestone, Miss Makayela (my hair) decided to throw a fit about the Mega-Tek and I had such a HORRIBLE case of build up in the back of my head I wanted to cry. I tried to refresh my hair like I usually do and when I was kinda massaging my curls the hair in the back of my head felt so gross and hard, and I couldn't get my fingers through it and I was shedding which doesn't tend to happen to me. So I looked at the back of my head in the mirror and it was white and just yuck!!!

I decided to see if I could just rinse my hair under the tub faucet because I had class in less than an hour... yeah that didn't work. So I hopped in the shower really quick to wash it with some of the Dr. Bronner's Castile soap blah blah blah lol. That didn't work either.

A couple weeks ago, I ran out of soap so I put shampoo in the soap dispenser, so seeing as that was my only source of shampoo at the time I took a couple of pumps of that and hopped back in the shower and lathered up. Of course I was feeling all stripped, but I thought that maybe my problem was solved... yeah no... that didn't work either. Evil or Very Mad

By this time I was going to be late to class anyway, my hair was white and soaking wet and I was extremely frustrated. But to make a long story short, ended up missing class, went to CVS got some Aussie Moist shampoo, re washed my hair and ta-dah! everything was back to normal. Happy Anniversary to you too hair, I really felt the love this morning. Suspect

On to the other half of my bad day, people in Texas can't drive, but when you take into account I'm in a college town, AND it's raining today, I don't even know why I decided to venture out to Target to get Avatar Smile and to get my yummy Starbucksā™„ļø. I should've stayed home.

Dear Mr Dude in the Big Black Truck,

Thank you for running me off the road because you can't drive and decided to rush out in front of me when you were leaving the outlet malls. I'm sorry I was in YOUR way, please forgive me for thinking your stop sign really meant stop, when it OBVIOUSLY meant speed out in the road, cut across TWO lanes and jump in front of the little Chrysler Sebring trying to get on the highway. That is all.

Sincerely,
A 19yr old who was scared out of her mind sitting on the side of the road.

Yeah... that pretty much sums up my day today. But I hope everyone else is having a very pleasant Earth Day
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 22nd April 2010, 7:56 pm

msstokes, im sorry but LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO@ that rude azz truck driver! OMG!!! im CRYING OVER HERE!!! Mstokes2008-Straight hair & 1 year since my last relaxer!! - Page 4 Lol

giiiiiiirl, u gotta be careful wit that Dr. B. when u use toooo much it will definitely feel stripped n hard. so try using it with condish (thanx tia). normally people dilute with water and pouring over ur head but i aint got time for all that measuring and etc. Also, Suave has a good clarifying poo too for like $1. I use literally a quarter size of that for my whole head then rinse and proceed to condish becuz the suave gives me a good lather and dr. b doesnt! (i got a slight case of ocd so i NEED to see and feel lather to think my hair n scalp is clean)

Congrats on the move and more importantly...a whole month of ur naturalness! i hope you make time to document your journey..which reminds me to write in my hair journal cuz my 7th month is coming up in a few days!

Mstokes2008-Straight hair & 1 year since my last relaxer!! - Page 4 678474
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 22nd April 2010, 8:05 pm

Nubie- I just don't understand why people can't drive. I wish I had the authority to confiscate licenses because his would've been gone!! lol

I kinda diluted the Dr B, I put some in my hand, with water in my other, rubbed together and then put it on my head and then used a little conditioner lol. But the lack of lather had me really disappointed lol. Oh well. Just like I loved the Aussie Conditioner, the shampoo made me smile cause of how quick and well it worked and I love the smell lol.

I do need to get a hair journal to document my journey. I think it will be way helpful in the future, maybe it'll save me from mishaps like I had this morning lol && Congrats on your upcoming 7th month!!!
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 22nd April 2010, 8:12 pm

i also seen a yt vid from 2kurly4u on she uses evoo n dr. b to make a poo! havent tried it yet. maybe becuz i need to work on gettin rid of my other bottles of poo...thats my new mission Mstokes2008-Straight hair & 1 year since my last relaxer!! - Page 4 Icon_rolleyes
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 22nd April 2010, 8:13 pm

lol I know what you mean. I'm trying so hard to get rid of all these conditioners that either didn't work on my hair or have ingredients that I'd rather not use. But I must say, my legs are silky smooth since I've been using conditioner to shave lol.
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 23rd April 2010, 3:01 am

mstokes2008 wrote:lol I know what you mean. I'm trying so hard to get rid of all these conditioners that either didn't work on my hair or have ingredients that I'd rather not use. But I must say, my legs are silky smooth since I've been using conditioner to shave lol.

WHAT????
well I have to try this................THANKS cheers
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 23rd April 2010, 3:34 am

Hey Stokes just stopping by to see what you were up to. Good luck on the packing because I am doing the same thing and have thrown away more stuff than packing. Probably due to frustration, but hope all is well with you hun. You gave me the perfect idea with the knee highs as a head band. I have never tried that but I will once I get done with these twist.
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 23rd April 2010, 1:22 pm

Hey Mstokes. Looks like you learning along your journey!! That's what it's all about.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 26th April 2010, 7:30 pm

Intelligentbeauty wrote:
mstokes2008 wrote:lol I know what you mean. I'm trying so hard to get rid of all these conditioners that either didn't work on my hair or have ingredients that I'd rather not use. But I must say, my legs are silky smooth since I've been using conditioner to shave lol.

WHAT????
well I have to try this................THANKS cheers

lol it really makes my legs soft when I'm done, I'm just glad that the condish that doesn't work in my hair won't be going to waste

ktoliver5303 wrote:Hey Stokes just stopping by to see what you were up to. Good luck on the packing because I am doing the same thing and have thrown away more stuff than packing. Probably due to frustration, but hope all is well with you hun. You gave me the perfect idea with the knee highs as a head band. I have never tried that but I will once I get done with these twist.

Hey KT- I haven't made ANY progress with my packing No But I am glad that my school is doing a "Pass it along" program so when I get to the point where I'm frustrated and feel like tossing it all in the dumpster I can give it away and maybe someone else can benefit from all the excess junk I have lol.

And I love my knee high so much better than my regular goody headbands minus the lack of color. They hold where I put them without causing a headache.

SheeTacular_Napps wrote:Hey Mstokes. Looks like you learning along your journey!! That's what it's all about.

I'm learning very slowly. The product line challenge is helping me alot because it's forcing me to pay attention to how each specific product is affecting my hair. I'm dying to re-try my giovanni conditioner though since I'm not getting the moisture I need from the conditioners I'm using, but I'm trying to hold off lol
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Mstokes2008-Straight hair & 1 year since my last relaxer!! - Page 4 Empty Length check & new style

Post by mstokes2008 26th April 2010, 7:58 pm

Happy Monday! The countdown to the end of the semester is on and poppin!!! This is my last week of classes THANK GOODNESS!!! This semester has been by far the MOST draining! Anyways on to some hair news!

Thanks to Ms. Nubie and her oil rinse suggestion, I think I may have conquered my dryness issue!! I washed my hair yesterday evening, put some gel in it and it is STILL soft today!! For me thats AMAZING!! lol

Til my official last day of school (May 15th) I am on a personal "No more headbands" challenge to try and break this habit before the summer. So this weekend I've accomplished a new style.

Mstokes2008-Straight hair & 1 year since my last relaxer!! - Page 4 Dsc00910
Mstokes2008-Straight hair & 1 year since my last relaxer!! - Page 4 Dsc00911
Mstokes2008-Straight hair & 1 year since my last relaxer!! - Page 4 Dsc00912

I like it, but I am having a hard time keeping my edges smooth, but I'm working on it. I also did a length check this past weekend as well.

Mstokes2008-Straight hair & 1 year since my last relaxer!! - Page 4 Dsc00913
Mstokes2008-Straight hair & 1 year since my last relaxer!! - Page 4 Dsc00914
Mstokes2008-Straight hair & 1 year since my last relaxer!! - Page 4 Dsc00915

This was from a few days after my BC ( I measured a bigger section in the front but you can still see the growth)

Mstokes2008-Straight hair & 1 year since my last relaxer!! - Page 4 Dsc00617

mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 26th April 2010, 11:16 pm

I am happy the oil rinse worked!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 26th April 2010, 11:21 pm

I should probably do a no headband challenge too. They are such a crutch. But I'm getting better. Love the flower!
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 26th April 2010, 11:49 pm

Thanks ladies!

@JnB- I know! I'll do good over the weekend but when I get ready to go to class, it's just the easiest and quickest thing to do. But I loved your fro for the party and the big bow. I'm trying to get more adventurous with hair accessories.
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 27th April 2010, 7:48 pm

WOW your head band looks great. i bout a flower yesterday and i dont knowif it looks right. Mstokes2008-Straight hair & 1 year since my last relaxer!! - Page 4 Icon_cry I am going to try and take some more pics later. But yours look great!
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 27th April 2010, 8:24 pm

Thanks Rose. It was actually just a flower clip. The big ones really intimidate me but I have a few little ones and I feel like my hair swallows it lol. Keep working with the flower though, I think it's getting it in the right position. I played with mine for almost 20 mins to get it right No
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 27th April 2010, 8:27 pm

love the flowers Mstokes2008-Straight hair & 1 year since my last relaxer!! - Page 4 Icon_smile
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 18  Next