CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Submit Your Mix and a Picture

+79
gennatay
MicaiahTy
qshukura
Blex
carlaface
CurlsGalore
summerbreeze76
jjleo
nbella
CocoEuro
agore07
LaToya28
Starrchild
envizionj
BrownSkinDiva
YLONDA
metrocntry girl
DvaAuNaturel
poeticlyspkng
AimWard
BohoStreet
Superfly Sister
nulynaturalali
FemmeFox
Tiffy2
FritterFritter
laleepop14
CurlyLadyButler
angelic7
naturalhonney
RoseNaturalBeauty
Mrs. Hudson
Jonezy
TheBeautifulSaffiyahO.
cdawnlujan
Sunflower
JennikaDe'Nae
soulsearch72
Maricopa
asanterochelle
BajanPrincess82
Freestyles
curlyamazon
Mimi
TerraD
wild_honey
.:Eden:.
jlowman1
TaSiaJaY
xtremelyperfect
oooop2
TerriB92
vonda4b
TinyLissa
nalena
mml
islandfilly
beauTifulcurls
Curlytrini87
LuvMeLuvMyFro
RandRlove
NylaCoils
curlykinkynfrizzy
CarlsM
loveself247
ohnatural
natural83
MixedStraightUp
laughlovelivelife
WarriorPrincess
rebelrocks
AfrikanLatina
lexi1
AhhMazeIngTrini
JoyCurl
veggiegirl314
gammainme
leightred
*CurlyNikki*
83 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Submit Your Mix and a Picture - Page 3 Empty Re: Submit Your Mix and a Picture

Post by Curlytrini87 10th November 2009, 7:41 pm

@ CarlsM.....WOW... i need to get some of that henna you are using.
Curlytrini87
Curlytrini87

Back to top Go down

Post by beauTifulcurls 10th November 2009, 11:57 pm

I'm going to buy the same package as MixedStraightUp (Medium Brunette bundle) and attempt next week. It'll be my first time so I'll steal your recipe too...lol. Hope it works out... but I'll update when I eventually do it.
beauTifulcurls
beauTifulcurls

Back to top Go down

Post by islandfilly 11th November 2009, 12:40 am

Hey ladies!!!! Here is my mix and pictures before and after.

I used Henna for African hair and indigo bundle for black hair from mehandi.com. I did half henna and half indigo. I mixed it with green tea and honey. I love the color. it's closer to my natural color. I was hoping for dark brown and it come out pretty good. I used jamila henna by itself before and i loved it but the color was a bit much because my ends were already colored. 1st pic henna and indigo. 2nd henna by itself

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

islandfilly
islandfilly

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlsM 11th November 2009, 4:07 pm

@AfrikanLatina Thanks girly! I'm sure you're be amazed with how your hair thickens. I LOVE it!

and @Curlytrini87 LOL Thanks! :-) lately I've been grabbing Reshma for a quick fix. :-) Before that I was ordering from Mehandi. Honestly, I can't tell the difference . LOL

@islandfilly one word....FLY!
CarlsM
CarlsM

http://twitter.com/carlsm

Back to top Go down

Submit Your Mix and a Picture - Page 3 Empty Henna Newbie

Post by mml 11th November 2009, 6:12 pm

Hi Nikki,
Love, Love, LOVE your website. i have to say it has been the most informative yet because of how clear and concise all of the information is and I want to thank you so much for starting it.
I purchased my henna from the Butters-n-Bars website (Jamila of course, lol) but it did not say Super Sift on the bottom of the box. Should I be cautious? My order specifically was Henna for Hair which came in the Jamila boxes.

mml

Back to top Go down

Post by nalena 13th November 2009, 12:40 am

Hi everyone! I just signed up so I haven't posted a pic yet but I will soon.

I wanted to ask a question to veggiegirl specifically but everyone else too. What is your natural hair color and did you have any permanent color before you used henna? My hair is off black/black and I want to use henna but I'm nervous about having any red show up but I also am not sure about using indigo.

nalena

Back to top Go down

Post by TinyLissa 16th November 2009, 9:55 pm

I'm loving everyone's results from the henna!
I'm curious about trying it. However, I'm a little apprehensive because of the color it gives. My hair is dark brown with random blonde strands on the right side of my head (due to birthmarks on my scalp.) I like my blonde strands because they're so different & random haha. But I'm assuming the henna will color those, correct?
TinyLissa
TinyLissa

Back to top Go down

Post by vonda4b 20th November 2009, 1:59 am

Ok. I have been trying to read the forums on Henna and do some research of my own. I would like to know exactly what is Henna, how do you use it, is it safe on 4b/c hair. I am into my 7th month of transitioning and I plan on coloring my hair once I cut off the relaxed ends.
vonda4b
vonda4b

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 20th November 2009, 2:11 am

Nyonda...this should answer all of your questions and then some [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Henna For Hair FAQs
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Submit Your Mix and a Picture - Page 3 Empty Henna 101

Post by vonda4b 20th November 2009, 3:41 pm

Wow!!..I just finished reading this VERY helpful information about Henna, Cassia, Indigo. I'm really excited now about going natural. Thank you AfrikanLatina for that information. I wonder why salons that color don't use this? It seems much safer and better for the hair. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
vonda4b
vonda4b

Back to top Go down

Post by TerriB92 20th November 2009, 8:31 pm

Thanks for all the info. I just made an appointment to have my hair colored (gray is getting out of control). I'm going to cancel that appointment and try henna. Yay!
TerriB92
TerriB92

Back to top Go down

Post by oooop2 22nd November 2009, 1:39 pm

I used to use henna every 10 days, but noticed that my hair was feeling a bit too dry, so I change to change my regime. I now use it once every 2-3months.

Here is my HENNA stash...LOL

Purchased all while living in Japan. Haven't noticed a difference in quality between any of my hennas.

My mix is simple.

In 2 cups hot, I add 2 teabags of green tea and let brew. Once cool, I open 1 of my henna boxes and slowly stir into the 2 cups of green tea. I then add 1/4 cup honey and 1/4 cup olive oil. My mix ends up being the consistency of thick soup. I like it this way b/c it's easier to rinse out of my hair.

Hair with henna:

I let it sit on my hair for about 1hr. Then I rinse until water is clear. After, I apply cheapo condish like Suave and saturate my entire head with it. I make sure to massage my scalp and hair then rinse. I do this about 3 times. I then apply my DC condish t/o hair and place hair in about 10 chucky twist. Once hair is twist, I grab my shower comb, untwist 1 twist at a time, detangle, then retwist. I don't rinse this out.

I DC for about 30min. Then I rinse hair twisted. I then squeeze out the excess water and apply some leave in condish.

I then untwist 1 twist at a time and apply my shea mix to hair and retwist, this time going from 10 to 20. Once mix has been added to hair, I tie with silk scarf.

And in the morning, I untwist....Here is my finished style.

oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

Post by xtremelyperfect 22nd November 2009, 2:06 pm

CarlsM wrote:
And this was my last comparison pic Shocked

Hey girl! I don't know if someone's asked already but what brand of henna do you use? Your hair is on point! I'm still struggling with my edges. Sad
xtremelyperfect
xtremelyperfect

http://fuckyeahnadia.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Submit Your Mix and a Picture - Page 3 Empty Ok So I Tried Henna Friday 11/20

Post by TaSiaJaY 22nd November 2009, 4:01 pm

Here is what I used....I didn't use the green tea....the bag of sorrel a caribbean drink used during the holiday season it is verrrrry good! I boiled this and used in place of lemon juice/tea

The color is a deep deep cranberry....what was i thinking?...

My color did not change but the grey did!...lol....now I can see where they are so that I CAN PLUCK THOSE SUCKERS! lol...I dont think that I left it to sit for the right amount of time, because there were no changes to the strands besides the gray...

At first I didn't like it because it relaxed the curl pattern that I had loathed then come to truly love and embrace, but then I noticed how thick and bushy my hair was and soft, also my edges layed down straight away when I used a toothbrush to smooth it out....well I am hooked and love the thickness and the way my very thin edges responded to the treatment.

Next time I will use the green tea or lemon juice then allow the mixture sit overnight....

I will post the photos when I come back from reading "How to Posts Photos"...lol

Last edited by TaSiaJaY on 22nd November 2009, 4:20 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : upload photos)
TaSiaJaY
TaSiaJaY

Back to top Go down

Submit Your Mix and a Picture - Page 3 Empty Not sure?

Post by jlowman1 26th November 2009, 2:25 am

islandfilly wrote:Hey ladies!!!! Here is my mix and pictures before and after.

I used Henna for African hair and indigo bundle for black hair from mehandi.com. I did half henna and half indigo. I mixed it with green tea and honey. I love the color. it's closer to my natural color. I was hoping for dark brown and it come out pretty good. I used jamila henna by itself before and i loved it but the color was a bit much because my ends were already colored. 1st pic henna and indigo. 2nd henna by itself

@islandfilly ....What color were your ends before the treatment in the second pic? I'll be doing my first henna treatment and I have chemically colored ends and Im curious as to what color my hair will be? Thanks in advance! =)
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by .:Eden:. 5th December 2009, 2:08 am

I have yet to henna while a natural, but I did two applications during my transition.

I mixed Reshma Henna, Hesh Amla, Green Tea, Honey, Coconut Oil

Shine Shine Shine

http://members.fotki.com/jhippolyte/about

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 6th December 2009, 2:54 pm

WOW @ your stash oooop!! I wish!
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by vonda4b 6th December 2009, 5:35 pm

I really want to try henna. I just didn't want to try in on the relaxed hair. I have a stylist that does henna. I might make an appointment for her to do a treatment on me.
vonda4b
vonda4b

Back to top Go down

Post by wild_honey 9th December 2009, 4:12 am

I think I'm going to try. I've been having problems with dry hair. Should I DC a few times before trying henna? Complete novice here!
wild_honey
wild_honey

http://princessofpauper.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 9th December 2009, 4:43 am

This is a great thread! Very informative.
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by Mimi 9th December 2009, 8:39 am

Ladies.... A Tip if you believe me...If you mix henna with an egg.... and the oils and other stuff that you like.... really your hair gets really really shiny!

4 years ago I had 2 treatments of henna with olive oil and eggs ( I needed 2 because my hair is light by it's orange!) And now if I look back my hair had a deep red color beacause I slept with the mix in my hair and was really really shiny!

Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post by islandfilly 9th December 2009, 9:45 pm

@ Jlowman1,

my ends were a light brown color before i put the henna in. I kept the henna in over night, maybe that was too long so it can out a bright red brownish color. i now only keep my henna in for about 4 to 5 hours. I would do a strand test on the hair at the ends to give you an idea of what it might look like. Let me know how it goes. good luck
islandfilly
islandfilly

Back to top Go down

Submit Your Mix and a Picture - Page 3 Empty Okay, can I just say I love my new henna head?!!

Post by curlyamazon 12th December 2009, 12:15 pm

Okay, so just henna'd for the first time this week, and I loved the results! I let my henna mix sit for about twelve hours before applying it to my detanlges, shampooed, towel-dried hair (I HATE drippies).

Here's a two-day old TNC before using henna. I think I used, Suave Humectress and castoil for this set.

CurlyAmazon Henna Mix
200g Jamila henna from Mehandi.com
2 cups lukewarm green tea (brewed with 6 tea bags)
1.5 cups of lemon juice
5 tbsp honey (as a stir-in)

I left my henna in overnight with a very well-wrapped haed. used a plastic processing cap and then wrapped saran Wrap around to may sure my egdes didn't seep.

I rinsed it out in the morning and DT's with the following mix

CurlyAmazon DT Mix
1 cup Suave Humetress Conditioner
1/3 cup EVOO
2 tbsp unrefined shea butter (I had melted this shea butter together with jojoba oil earlier)

I let this sit on my hair under a plastic cap for about an hour. I rinsed in the shower with warm water and then did my TnC. It left my hair so moisturized that I didn't need to add anything to my hair before setting it. I dusted off my hooded dryer to speed up drying time, because was reay to go out and show off my hair.

Here are my day 1 results with the henna:)

curlyamazon
curlyamazon

Back to top Go down

Submit Your Mix and a Picture - Page 3 Empty Oh, I forgot to mention....

Post by curlyamazon 12th December 2009, 12:24 pm

I have cut some of my hair since that pre-henna picture. I had been contemplating doing a BC to get rid of some old heat styling damage. I have chickened out on the BC for now and opted to do a Big Trim instead. I did a "banded" cut of about 2 inches. So, that's why you may notice that my hair seems shorter, despite the obvious curl loosening I experiened with the henna.

I do want my hair to be thicker, so I'm hoping that henna will eventually help with this. But my main goal with henna to strengthen, thicken my individual strnds and retian more length. I'm fine with the color and curl loosening...as long as it doesn't go totally straight and flat. Pre-henna I would say my hair was a 3C texture. My curl pattern is really more of a 1/2 inch to 1/4 inch wave.
Now, let's see what happens with the introduction of henna.
curlyamazon
curlyamazon

Back to top Go down

Submit Your Mix and a Picture - Page 3 Empty OMG your hair is growing like crazy!!

Post by curlyamazon 12th December 2009, 12:32 pm

CarlsM wrote:I use coconut oil, honey, green tea, amla, and occasionally yogurt or a banana. It's works really well for me, and It doesn't have a drying effect at all (at least not for me).

The growth around my edges has been amazing. My hair is probably healthier than it's ever been.

It's been fun to watch my hair grow. I take a few update pics every few months. I'm always stunned. I usually don't realize how much it's grown until I look at the pics side by side.

This was taken in June or July.

And this was my last comparison pic Shocked

Do you take a hair vitamin or were you just blessed with good hair growing genes:) I wish my edged grew in thick like yours. I've just done my first henna and plan to do them 1-2 times a month. Wish me luck. Love you think hair!
curlyamazon
curlyamazon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next