CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IntelligentBeauty;-) PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-)

+56
CocoEuro
priceless
QuietButterfly
krazy coils
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
LadyMika
.:Eden:.
AfrikanLatina
missmoriah
tiffyd
Serenity23
Nikcoils
ktoliver5303
NaturalNixon
CrissyQ
Winnielours
Corygentri
StephanieB
truet
lovesunshine17
neethair
newcurlieque
NhappyJackie
LaToya28
DvaAuNaturel
Juices-n-Berries
MellowOne
swoodward
Muz
mstokes2008
FemmeFox
mochamoments
Mz. Thang
dajewel
poeticlyspkng
Courtney
traveljunkie08
TMS
jamaicacurl
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
CocaColaCutie
MsJay1121
Lynnieluve
KinkyNappyHappy
bholmes87
jcanalena79
ChrsLvsBks
SheeTacular
KeishaMac
curly+kinky+fierce
sweetdrk1
tiashaunteé
BlondeByDesire
MahoganyCurls
Intelligentbeauty
NubieNatty
60 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 37 Empty Re: IntelligentBeauty;-) PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-)

Post by Intelligentbeauty 11th June 2010, 8:07 am

"Then I realized that it is good and proper for a man to eat and drink, and to find satisfaction in his toilsome labor under the sun during the few days of life God has given him—for this is his lot. Moreover, when God gives any man wealth and possessions, and enables him to enjoy them, to accept his lot and be happy in his work—this is a gift of God. He seldom reflects on the days of his life, because God keeps him occupied with gladness of heart"
ECCLESIASTES 5: 18-20

Hey ladies and Good Morn:

I know I have been MIA, but busy is not the word for my life right now...................... Shocked Laughing . My oldest is out of school and I am trying to develop a daily routine for all 3 of us. From what I will teach, playtime, places we will visit, projects in the garden and playdates. Have to keep those boys busy and occupied............. Laughing . Besides all the events coming my way................

I haven't even touch on a project that I wanted to have at least half way done. So I am so behind. But I know I owe you gals some pics. So I will try to post later or tomorrow.

Destiny has been in and out if twists and wash n gos. The plopping method is really working nicely for her. I finally got my hands on Giovanni Direct leave in condish. WOWWWWW Shocked , is my reaction. If I had to formulate a leave in, this would definitely be it!!!!
I am getting bored with twists and am inspired by my hair twin, CURLSGALORE, to do some 2 strand twist bantu knots. I haven't like bantu knot outs on Destiny in the past but the 2 strand may make the difference. Then I have another formal engagement next weekend, so I am inspired by my hair idol, SERENITY23, to do some perm rods. I will definitely keep you ladies posted on these styles.

I tried a new ayurveda powder called HEENERA (spell check). It has everything in it but it smells like Tunmeric (which is a strong indian spice). I love to cook with it. But the smell Razz . Smells usually don't bother me but this did. I think I probably needed to keep it in longer, but didn't have the time. It was ok, but will not repurchase.

As I lurk around CN, I am impressed by the stylish naturalistas on here. You ladies are doing your thang............................ Laughing . Thanks for stopping by here too. I appreciate your comments, questions and feedback. Very Happy

ANYWHOO, I GOT TO RUN...................
HAVE A FABULOUS FRIDAY AND WEEKEND DOLLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 37 Empty Re: IntelligentBeauty;-) PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-)

Post by ChrsLvsBks 11th June 2010, 10:25 am

Enjoy your weekend!

Cannot wait to see Destiny! I look forward to seeing your BKO style. BTW, I liked the one you did previously.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 11th June 2010, 10:34 am

a perm rod look would probably look great on you, I can't wait to see it
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 11th June 2010, 1:33 pm

Enjoy your weekend! Look forward to seeing your results!
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 11th June 2010, 4:38 pm

Oooh! Bantu knot out! When are you going to try it? I plan to try it soon, also inspired by Curls Galore! Can't wait to see yours!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 11th June 2010, 7:52 pm

DOUBLE STRAND FLAT TWISTS ON BOTH SIDES WITH 2 STRAND TWISTS:

IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 37 Twist_18IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 37 Twist_19

TWIST OUT:
IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 37 Twist_20IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 37 Twist_21IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 37 Twist_22IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 37 Twist_23

WASH N GOS:

IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 37 Twist_24

IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 37 Twist_25

IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 37 Twist_26

IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 37 Twist_27

EXPERIMENTING WITH WASH N GO STYLES:

IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 37 Twist_28

IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 37 Twist_29

Thank you everyone.
I will try the bantu knots tonight. Let it out on Sunday. Perm rods next week.

I WILL CHECK ON EVERYONE TONIGHT TO SEE WHAT FRIDAY STYLES YOU WERE ROCKIN.

HAVE A TERRIFIC WEEKEND!!!

[
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Serenity23 11th June 2010, 8:44 pm

Your hair looks great! I'm happy to see you trying different things. You'll have a whole lot of styles under your belt. I'm kind of mad that I kept my hair twisted all week and now I don't want to wear my hair in this twistout. LOL. i'll have to bite the bullet b/c i'm not doing my hair over tonight.
PS. I like the 2nd photo from the bottom the best.
Serenity23
Serenity23

http://public.fotki.com/Serenity23/  http://www.curlynikki.forum

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 11th June 2010, 9:02 pm

Destiny is growing beautifully IB. I love how you're keeping the boys busy this summer. What are you planning to teach? Have you figured that out yet?
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 11th June 2010, 11:52 pm

Intelligentbeauty wrote:DOUBLE STRAND FLAT TWISTS ON BOTH SIDES WITH 2 STRAND TWISTS:

IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 37 Twist_18IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 37 Twist_19

TWIST OUT:
IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 37 Twist_20IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 37 Twist_21IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 37 Twist_22IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 37 Twist_23

WASH N GOS:

Thank you everyone.

[

Are these new pics? I didn't recognize them from FB. Regardless, your hair looks absolutely fabulous in these pics. You seriously did not need my lil' WNG tips. You're doing just fine. Happy BELATED anniversary. Smile
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 12th June 2010, 3:16 am

Serenity23 wrote:Your hair looks great! I'm happy to see you trying different things. You'll have a whole lot of styles under your belt. I'm kind of mad that I kept my hair twisted all week and now I don't want to wear my hair in this twistout. LOL. i'll have to bite the bullet b/c i'm not doing my hair over tonight.
PS. I like the 2nd photo from the bottom the best.

Thanks Serenity23 queen .

AfrikanLatina wrote:Destiny is growing beautifully IB. I love how you're keeping the boys busy this summer. What are you planning to teach? Have you figured that out yet?

Yeah darling. Thank you. I love your avi, btw.
I want to continue to get them ready for kinder. So I will be teaching the oldest one: coins (penny, nickel, dollar), counting completely and accurately to 100, more reading with his sight words, etc, Constatn and vowel sounds. The youngest one will be taught with puzzles, crafts, learning colors, emotions, alphabet and recognizing lettters, numbers and shapes, etc.

traveljunkie08 wrote:
Intelligentbeauty wrote:DOUBLE STRAND FLAT TWISTS ON BOTH SIDES WITH 2 STRAND TWISTS:

TWIST OUT:

WASH N GOS:

Thank you everyone.

[

Are these new pics? I didn't recognize them from FB. Regardless, your hair looks absolutely fabulous in these pics. You seriously did not need my lil' WNG tips. You're doing just fine. Happy BELATED anniversary. Smile

TJ, YAYYYY................YOU HAVE BEEN MISSED, DOLL!!!
These pics are new, not on FB yet.
Listen you and Sweet, are the wash n go queens!!! queen Any lil' WNG tips you have I want!!! Laughing
Love your new avi, btw.................PONYPUFF STATUS cheers
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 12th June 2010, 11:59 am

You and Destiny never cease to amaze me! I just love your versatility. I'm totally diggin' all the styles! I really need to perfect my flat twisting. It's such a struggle of mine. Beautiful!
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 12th June 2010, 12:05 pm

Destiny is really looking good. I just love your wash n go!

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 12th June 2010, 5:02 pm

lovin the wngo's and glad to see ur doing good! cant wait to see how ur rod sets come out!! im so deathly afraid of em right now, everytime i go to walmart or target i just stare at em....for like 10 min! IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 37 Icon_eek
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 12th June 2010, 6:46 pm

IB you're wash and go's look really great. Nice pics.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 13th June 2010, 12:46 am

Hi IB, you looks so pretty in your pics!!! Love the styles!
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 13th June 2010, 1:43 am

CurlsGalore wrote:You and Destiny never cease to amaze me! I just love your versatility. I'm totally diggin' all the styles! I really need to perfect my flat twisting. It's such a struggle of mine. Beautiful!

Thank you so much Embarassed .

LaToya28 wrote:Destiny is really looking good. I just love your wash n go!

Thank you La, I finally found a method that works but I still need to perfect it further in my eyes. scratch

NubieNatty wrote:lovin the wngo's and glad to see ur doing good! cant wait to see how ur rod sets come out!! im so deathly afraid of em right now, everytime i go to walmart or target i just stare at em....for like 10 min! IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 37 Icon_eek

Thanks Nubie. I am scared of the rods too. My reason is because you have to comb out and smooth curls around the rollers. TOO MUCH MANIPULATION!!! Rolling Eyes But I have to try them at least once.

DvaAuNaturel wrote:IB you're wash and go's look really great. Nice pics.

swoodward wrote:Hi IB, you looks so pretty in your pics!!! Love the styles!

Thank you Dva and Sw. Very Happy
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 13th June 2010, 9:42 am

Looking Good IB!!! Looking Good!! Very Happy
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 13th June 2010, 12:09 pm

Hi IB,

I have a lot of catching up to do. But your hair looks fabulous.

I've been wearing a high bun (puff) - haven't felt like doing to much to my hair right now. It's at an awkward length right now.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 18th June 2010, 7:49 am

HEY DOLLS:

First, CONGRATS TO ALL THE GRADUATES OF THE CLASS OF 2010!!!! cheers

Next, here is my weekly update. So I did the bantu knot and knot out last week. I loved it cheers. It came out so much better in the 2 strand bantu, imo, than the regular bantu. And the style lasted longer too. After that style, I did wash n gos because I am back at the gym after not going for 1 month Shocked : .
I am still trying to figure out how much Giovanni direct leave in condish to put in my hair. It seems like I put too much everytime but because I am plopping it doesn't stay white. But I hate the idea of wasting product. It seems that a little goes a very long way because it spreads very well, but I just can't figure out how to apply over entire head without over doing it. Rolling Eyes ANY SUGGESTIONS????

Anyway, I was able to do a wash n go high pony puff. I was so happy Destiny was long enough to do it. With the shrinkage, it was hard to tell..... Laughing .

Tonight I will put in my rod set. I am so afraid of the manipulation of Destiny to get her smooth and around the rod for this style. But I want to try it, at least once. Wink :
For Father's day, I will release the rods and open the curls. I hope it doesn't look too tight Rolling Eyes

Anyway, I have been surfing CN and stopping by some residences, and ladies, you have some sexy styles for the summer......LOVE IT Laughing . I hope to get out of this cute and pretty status one day to MEGA SEXY..... Laughing . ONE DAY......................................................

I have decided after the rods set style this weekend, I will do a maka/brahmi tx with dc following, then do braids for a braid out style. I haven't done a braid out since I transitioned (and I loved it then). This inspired by CG and Lynn, who had some fabulous results.

Anyway, I will post pics later.
HAVE A FRIT-FREE FRIDAY DOLLS!!!!!!! Laughing
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 18th June 2010, 9:49 am

Hi lady, thanks for the compliment!

As for applying the leave in, try putting a nickel size in your hand, rubbing hands together and applying product from front to back. Then apply same amount to left side, right side and then from nape to forehead. I saw someone on YT do this technique when applying gel. HTH

I will have a great Friday, you do the same!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 18th June 2010, 10:07 am

Thank you Chrs. I do remember MC telling me a similar way to put on products. I need remember that nape to forehead direction also. This way sounds good; I will try on my next wash n go. I just like to feel every curl covered with product.... IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 37 Icon_lol .

BANTU KNOTS:
IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 37 Best_b10IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 37 Best_b11

BANTU KNOT OUT WITH FAKE FLOWER (ACTUALLY A SCRUNGY.. IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 37 Icon_lol )
IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 37 Best_b12IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 37 Best_b13
IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 37 Best_b14IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 37 Best_b15

HIGH PONY PUFF IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 37 Icon_cheers :
IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 37 High_p11IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 37 High_p12

OFF TO BED FOR WORK TONIGHT. I WILL CHECK BACK ON YOU GALS TONGIHT!!!
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 18th June 2010, 10:12 am

LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!!

IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 37 617583 for pony puffs!!!!

I am doing a bantu knot out for my anniversary dinner tonight. I hope it comes out as nice as yours.

Destiny is blinging too. IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 37 Icon_sunny
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by QuietButterfly 18th June 2010, 10:36 am

Love the bantu knot out, very pretty.
QuietButterfly
QuietButterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 18th June 2010, 11:12 am

Love the looks pretty lady!

SN: What color is the lipstick you are wearing in the BKO pictures? I like it a lot.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 18th June 2010, 11:23 am

IB, Destiny is fab! Keep doing great things!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next