CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I am loving it

+3
Intelligentbeauty
MellowOne
swoodward
7 posters

Go down

I am loving it Empty I am loving it

Post by swoodward 31st March 2010, 11:42 pm

I B/C'd on March 20 ('dance') and actually had a press and curl. My lovely stylist gave me a sharp cut I could style both ways. Well it rained Sunday, Monday and Tuesday so by Wednesday of the first week, I had to start doing it myself. My sister is also transitioning and asked me to write down what I did. Here it is with a few more pics. I would love to hear what you other ladies do during the week - B/C or not.

3/24 First wash & go:
Applied psoriasis med (Clobex), wet and gently rinsed.
Washed once with curls moisturizing shampoo
Got out and applied curls ecstasy with a glob o’olive oil and bagged it. Sat under a warm dryer for a half hour.
Rinsed lightly then started product application
A handful of KKKT, tried to comb. Failed.
Ssectioned and clipped. Worked from the bottom up.
KKKT, then light detangling comb
KKCC
Shea butter
Jojoba oil
I applied and smoothed with my hand then clipped each section as I went.
I couldn’t resist touching so it was frizzy.

3/25/ Next day with the wash & go
Slept with a baggy – fro shrunk to a half inch. Next morning I let it dry and stretched with my hands. Maybe just a couple of hours next time. Headband day!!!
At night co-washed with AOHR, smoothed product through hair – no comb.
A very light rinse.
Ojon red color treatment
Elasta QP
Curls Whipped Cream
Coconut oil
Plopped with a t shirt for a half hour, then slept with my FANCY plopping scarf (has nylon, we’ll see.).

3/26 Plopping is a styling aid, not an escape route for going to sleep early. It looked dull and had to be seriously fluffed. Thank goodness it rained. My hair looked good after. I really am sitting on a bus. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Decided to mix my henna for a weekend application.
3/27 My cutie sis came over with my even cutier niece so my sis could use my new hooded dryer. I told her it was useful!!! (My nice is soooo cute!) [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Decided to go ahead and apply henna as I could see roots (yay!). Good, didn’t have to freeze it. I washed with the Clobex and followed with AOHR. Detangled with my hands. Rinsed in cold water and shook in the shower. Unfortunately, I could hear the congestion move in my face when I shook. EWWWWW!
Let my hair dry and applied the henna while deep conditioning my sister’s hair. She is afraid of my homemade concoctions. Wrapped in plastic wrap & more plastic wrap and left in in for 3 ½ hours. I rinsed in a tub full of water , then rinsed again in the sink. I used Kiehls Deep Moisterizing pak mixed with olive oil. I put on another plastic cap, tied on a do rag and went to sleep.

3/28 Rinsed in cold water and poured ¼ cup of apple cider vinegar with a quart of water over my hair. I applied ojon restorative treatment for red hair (hey henna). Sectioned, KKKT and used a comb to distribute, KKCC then Qhemet Biologics Burdock Root Butter Cream. I twisted each section. Sealed with shea butter and jojoba oil. Next morning, took it out and, voila! I took a picture too! First twist out on my new hair.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

3/29 More rain this week. Retwisted on dry hair (jojoba oil and burdock cream). Do-rag.
3/30. This was day 3 of straight rain so my hair was shrinking and I thought my hair could use another run of moisture. I washed with a little Clobex (prescription by the way must use twice a week or every time I wash.) and I mean not even enough to lather. Just enough to touch my scalp. I co-washed with AOHR. Spritzed with a rosemary spritz. Sectioned, KKKT and used a soft boar bristle brush to distribute, KKCC then Qhemet Biologics Burdock Root Butter Cream. I twisted each section. Sealed with jojoba oil and shea – in that order. Too much shea. I had flakes the next morning .
3/31 Took out the twists, shaped and left for work. It lasted all day. Didn’t touch it too much and can see more defintion. Took more pictures.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I am itching a little in the back so I am going to spray my other prescription on to calm it. After that, a satin cap. Tired. Check out my headband. My girlfriend got it for me! You can see my henna. Everywhere it's brown, it was gray. I LOVE henna. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] woot! woot! dance
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

I am loving it Empty Re: I am loving it

Post by MellowOne 1st April 2010, 12:29 am

Your hair looks great congrats on your BC
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 1st April 2010, 4:56 am

You need to be on the bars-n-butters forum, lady. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by newcurlieque 1st April 2010, 11:16 am

Congrats on the BC, your hair is beautiful!!!
newcurlieque
newcurlieque

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 1st April 2010, 11:59 am

Pretty hair, adorable niece and ITA with IB! LOL
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 1st April 2010, 2:40 pm

I thought about posting on Butter& Bars, IntelligentBeauty. Darn! I feel extra dumb now. Maybe I'll post my story about how I got here? I don't know.

Thanks for the compliments MellowOne, IntelligentBeauty, NewCurlieCue and SweetDrk1 ! Considering your fabulous hair, it means a lot!
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 2nd April 2010, 6:23 am

swoodward wrote:I thought about posting on Butter& Bars, IntelligentBeauty. Darn! I feel extra dumb now. Maybe I'll post my story about how I got here? I don't know.

Thanks for the compliments MellowOne, IntelligentBeauty, NewCurlieCue and SweetDrk1 ! Considering your fabulous hair, it means a lot!

Don't feel that way. JUST DO IT!!! (I stole that one from Nike........... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )

And thanks for the compliment [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 2nd April 2010, 10:02 am

Congrats on your BC ...
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 4th April 2010, 6:13 pm

Congratulations on you BC!

You really make the KKCC work for you. I've not know very many that can mix product with KKCC and not get white staff in her hair!!. I love your twist out results!!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 4th April 2010, 7:02 pm

Thanks ladies!!! albino

KinkyNappyHappy, To be honest, being a pj I am still searching for a magic product - or an excuse to keep searching for the magic product! ( I think it's the second one.) KCCC feels like a gel to me so I never tried it with nothing on top. My hair eats it up.

Is that a flat twist in your pic?
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down