CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IntelligentBeauty;-) PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-)

+56
CocoEuro
priceless
QuietButterfly
krazy coils
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
LadyMika
.:Eden:.
AfrikanLatina
missmoriah
tiffyd
Serenity23
Nikcoils
ktoliver5303
NaturalNixon
CrissyQ
Winnielours
Corygentri
StephanieB
truet
lovesunshine17
neethair
newcurlieque
NhappyJackie
LaToya28
DvaAuNaturel
Juices-n-Berries
MellowOne
swoodward
Muz
mstokes2008
FemmeFox
mochamoments
Mz. Thang
dajewel
poeticlyspkng
Courtney
traveljunkie08
TMS
jamaicacurl
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
CocaColaCutie
MsJay1121
Lynnieluve
KinkyNappyHappy
bholmes87
jcanalena79
ChrsLvsBks
SheeTacular
KeishaMac
curly+kinky+fierce
sweetdrk1
tiashaunteƩ
BlondeByDesire
MahoganyCurls
Intelligentbeauty
NubieNatty
60 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 39 Empty Re: IntelligentBeauty;-) PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-)

Post by SheeTacular 29th June 2010, 8:32 am

Hey IB. I know what you going thru its amazing how a mother can raise 5 children and can't get more than 1 to take care of her. My grandma had 11 so I know exactly how it goes.

Praying for you.

You and destiny are doing your thing. Now we need pics.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 39 Empty Re: IntelligentBeauty;-) PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-)

Post by MellowOne 29th June 2010, 9:18 am

Hey IB!

Sorry to hear about your grandmother, I hope the rest of the kids will come around in time. I wonder if ppl that act that way feel that they will never get old and maybe need someone to take care of them...smh. I will keep your family in my prayers.

Your hair is looking great. That is wonderful that your husband likes your hair. It makes it so much easier to try different styles and be confident when the person that looks at you the most is on board. Hopefully when I take my braids down my hubby will finally open up about me trying different style because before I got the braids he said he just wanted me to wear it how it was and to stop trying different styles lol
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 29th June 2010, 11:58 am

Hey twin! I'm still sending prayers up for you and your family. I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother. We've all dealt with family drama, but God is in total control and this too shall pass! Thank Him that she has you and your mom by her side.

You know I'm a fan of Destiny! I love that you're trying new styles and you're feeling your sexy! That's what it's all about, right? Can't wait to see pics!
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 29th June 2010, 10:28 pm

Hi IB, hang in there! It ain't easy but it's the same sad story played out over and over again. I hope your mom feels better too. She sounds so wonderful!

swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 29th June 2010, 10:28 pm

So, what did you mean by your hair didn't lay down. Was it dry when you set it? I am confused...
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 30th June 2010, 8:26 am

Thank you ladies for understanding and praying. I really had no idea this is a norm in families. I think that is crazy. I have both grandparents so I never experienced someone's last days so close to me and then to have it in this way is devestating.

Mellow, I saw your pics before the braids. Great job at length retention. I can't wait to see once the braids come out IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 39 Icon_cheers .

Sw, I have to go back and see what I was talking about in referance to the hair laying down. IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 39 Icon_scratch

SORRY MY PICS ARE LATE. We are only working with one laptop now. The other one died.

SN: I will be in the talk show audience of "THE VIEW" tomorrow. I am taking my sis for her birthday. I will let you know if anything interesting happens..... IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 39 Icon_lol

HERE ARE MY PICS:
TWIST N CURL:
IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 39 High_p10IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 39 High_p11

IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 39 High_p12

AFRO STYLE:

IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 39 High_p13

IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 39 High_p14

IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 39 High_p15

HIGH PONY PUFF:

IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 39 High_p16

IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 39 High_p17

IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 39 High_p18

IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 39 High_p19

DOUBLE STRAND FLAT TWIST STYLE:

IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 39 High_p20

IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 39 High_p21

IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 39 High_p22

HAVE A TERRIFIC WEDNESDAY DOLLS!!!
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Serenity23 30th June 2010, 8:31 am

I love your new avatar! Especially that necklace Smile The twist n curl looks great, but I think I'm partial to puffs! I love to come over here and see you trying different styles!
Serenity23
Serenity23

http://public.fotki.com/Serenity23/  http://www.curlynikki.forum

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 30th June 2010, 9:27 am

IB you look amazing and you look all of 12 years old with the high puff. lol Thats a good thing. Work it out sis! Smile
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 30th June 2010, 12:36 pm

I love all the pics IB ... keep up the good work
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 30th June 2010, 1:07 pm

Great pics IB! Loving all the styles! I've been working on my pony puff. I hope it can compare to yours when it happens!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 30th June 2010, 1:31 pm

Destiny is looking awesome! Such variety!
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by QuietButterfly 30th June 2010, 1:45 pm

Hey IB!! I'm loving all the styles!! I totally agree with AL, you do look like a small child with that high puff!! IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 39 Icon_biggrin
QuietButterfly
QuietButterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 30th June 2010, 3:12 pm

Hey IB...

WOW you have a lot of hair!!! I like the fact that you try different styles. I can't wait until I have a high pony puff!!! Cute pictures...thanks for sharing!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 30th June 2010, 5:19 pm

Destiny is flourishing. My goodness, your hair looks fantastic! Seems like it's growing like crazy. Love the styles, especially the puff because you look super cute. Glad to hear hubby is loving the hair...aaaahsookie sookie now. IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 39 Icon_wink

Sorry to hear about the family issues. Girl, my father died 15 years ago and his family buried him but not without drama. Well sure enough his sister, my aunt, just passed and I didn't go to the services. There was a memorial, no funeral, and that was not well done. My sister went and I told her 15 years later they still got drama and can't work together to bury their loved ones properly. We all have family drama/issues. Hang in there. Praying for you, your mom, and gradmother strength and restoration.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 30th June 2010, 6:39 pm

Just what I expected...Gorgeousness!!! Love the BAA!!! That's my fave and gimme that necklace in your avi! I love it all!
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 30th June 2010, 10:48 pm

AfrikanLatina wrote:IB you look amazing and you look all of 12 years old with the high puff. lol Thats a good thing. Work it out sis! Smile

BlondeByDesire wrote:I love all the pics IB ... keep up the good work

poeticlyspkng wrote:Great pics IB! Loving all the styles! I've been working on my pony puff. I hope it can compare to yours when it happens!

Juices-n-Berries wrote:Destiny is looking awesome! Such variety!

QuietButterfly wrote:Hey IB!! I'm loving all the styles!! I totally agree with AL, you do look like a small child with that high puff!! IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 39 Icon_biggrin

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hey IB...

WOW you have a lot of hair!!! I like the fact that you try different styles. I can't wait until I have a high pony puff!!! Cute pictures...thanks for sharing!!

KNH

Thank you ladies. IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 39 Icon_redface I really appreciate the feedback IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 39 Icon_biggrin

DvaAuNaturel wrote:Destiny is flourishing. My goodness, your hair looks fantastic! Seems like it's growing like crazy. Love the styles, especially the puff because you look super cute. Glad to hear hubby is loving the hair...aaaahsookie sookie now. IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 39 Icon_wink

Sorry to hear about the family issues. Girl, my father died 15 years ago and his family buried him but not without drama. Well sure enough his sister, my aunt, just passed and I didn't go to the services. There was a memorial, no funeral, and that was not well done. My sister went and I told her 15 years later they still got drama and can't work together to bury their loved ones properly. We all have family drama/issues. Hang in there. Praying for you, your mom, and gradmother strength and restoration.

Thanks Dva for the kind words and encouragement. IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 39 Icon_smile

CurlsGalore wrote:Just what I expected...Gorgeousness!!! Love the BAA!!! That's my fave and gimme that necklace in your avi! I love it all!

Hey hair twin, I love the afro pics too because you really see Destiny in all her glory... IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 39 Icon_lol .
Girl, hold your hand out. I will let you BORROW the necklace........... IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 39 Icon_lol .
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 1st July 2010, 3:29 am

variety variety love the hair. You are finding so many things that work for you in different styles. i wil get there. i will get there. lol

sorry about the family issues. I have found that it get more common these days. My grandmother died last august and my family still got issues over how things were handled and how other things should be handled thus forth. I just breathe and put my too cents in there here and there.
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 6th July 2010, 5:42 am

priceless wrote:variety variety love the hair. You are finding so many things that work for you in different styles. i wil get there. i will get there. lol

sorry about the family issues. I have found that it get more common these days. My grandmother died last august and my family still got issues over how things were handled and how other things should be handled thus forth. I just breathe and put my too cents in there here and there.

Thanks Priceless Smile
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 6th July 2010, 6:05 am

Good Morn,

I have been mia again for like 2 weeks, sorry. But for good reason, my grandmother died this past Friday. She was 85 yrs old. She was a loving and generous woman that always had a open door policy for everyone. There is still family drama that will probably come to a head, I predict, on Wednesday or probably on the funeral day on Friday. The whole family from across the states and from Panama will be flying in and mostly everyone knows some version of the story Rolling Eyes .

How do I feel about the whole thing? I feel pity for her 2 daughters and 1 son that gradually and indirectly did this to my grandma. But I take solice in knowing she has been ready to go home since 2004 and she wouldn't have liked to go to a nursing home or be strapped to a bed to live out the rest of her days and nights. So I will try to forgive and move on with the good memories I have of that sweet woman. I will always love and appreciate my grandma for what she did for my family Sad

On to the hair: I henna'ed and double strand twists on Friday because I didn't want to deal with my hair this week. My hubby like it, but not on me scratch . WHATEVER Rolling Eyes .
I will unravel for the funeral then wear it until it gets old then do a wash n go the following week.
I always knew I didn't have to wash my hair every 3 days or even every week but I think I will put that into practice from now on. I really want to cut down on the manipulation. I am getting more fairy knots and I don't like at all.
I was hoping as my hair grew that the back curls will loosen but that doesn't seem to be the case at all. They stay the same and just get longer in length. Pretty curls, but a pain in the neck to detangle.
With the whole situation, I forgot about AFRO day. But you ladies were working it!!! You all looked fabulous!!! cheers

Anyway, I will probably post some pics of last week's hair and my double strand twists this week, today or tomorrow.

LOVE ALWAYS DOLLS I love you

Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 6th July 2010, 11:21 am

awwww destiny, sorry to hear about grandma! keep up the positive attitude becuz my motto lately has been "this battles not urs" i have to keep that in mind becuz i used to have a hard time forgiving and moving on. basically holding a grudge. i was JUST talkin to someone yesterday about how my distant (for a reason) aunts and uncle did to my grandma back in the day and how i dont understand how my grandma still looks the other way and shows them the same love as if nothing ever happened. i've always grown up to honor thy mom n dad if nothing else i make sure i do. i would only hope my kids do the same...matter of fact THEY BETTA!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 6th July 2010, 12:00 pm

*hugs & kisses*
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 6th July 2010, 12:57 pm

My prayers are with you and your family during this time. Much love!!! KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 7th July 2010, 8:11 am

NubieNatty wrote:awwww destiny, sorry to hear about grandma! keep up the positive attitude becuz my motto lately has been "this battles not urs" i have to keep that in mind becuz i used to have a hard time forgiving and moving on. basically holding a grudge. i was JUST talkin to someone yesterday about how my distant (for a reason) aunts and uncle did to my grandma back in the day and how i dont understand how my grandma still looks the other way and shows them the same love as if nothing ever happened. i've always grown up to honor thy mom n dad if nothing else i make sure i do. i would only hope my kids do the same...matter of fact THEY BETTA!!

sweetdrk1 wrote:*hugs & kisses*

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:My prayers are with you and your family during this time. Much love!!! KNH

Thanks ladies!!!
LOL @Nubie. Your grandmother is a blessed woman and is very mature spiritually to see past their sins toward here. My grandma was the same way.
My kids betta too!!! Laughing
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 7th July 2010, 11:08 am

{{hugs}} to you IB!
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 7th July 2010, 4:16 pm

Hey IB! My prayers are with you..."this, too, shall pass."
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next