CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moisturize without water or water based products?

+3
Ambitious_Tiff
misskris
moonchild
7 posters

Go down

Moisturize without water or water based products? Empty Moisturize without water or water based products?

Post by moonchild 17th December 2010, 1:34 pm

I've been wearing my hair straight for the last week, but I'm starting to worry about my hair drying out and breaking. I obviously can't use anything water based like my regular daily conditioners because they make my hair revert. I've been using Vitamin E, coconut, jojoba and castor on the edges. Is this enough to moisturize?

moonchild

Back to top Go down

Moisturize without water or water based products? Empty Re: Moisturize without water or water based products?

Post by misskris 17th December 2010, 1:45 pm

Hey moonchild. Well some would say that if there is no water in that stuff then technically you're not moisturizing at all. Your just coating it. But then some would say, too, that jojoba oil may be good enough or coconut or evoo because those do actually penetrate the hair so you may be ok. But I wouldn't go too long without putting real moisture in your hair. How does your hair feel right now? Is it soft to the touch or does it feel dry and brittle?
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Moisturize without water or water based products? Empty Re: Moisturize without water or water based products?

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 17th December 2010, 1:48 pm

I would incorporate water or something water based. Your body can't survive too long without it so I'm sure you're hair needs some too.
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 17th December 2010, 3:37 pm

Don't stay straight for to long and use some coconut oil in the mean time bio infusion has this moisturizing cream lotion that's water based but not to runny it also has EVOO in it you could try using it it is not completely natural though
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by moonchild 17th December 2010, 7:54 pm

Thanks for the suggestions! My hair feels good--soft and moisturized--but I worry it won't be good long term. Since I never moisurized realxed except for jojoba oil every once in awhile, am at a loss. Better wash soon!

moonchild

Back to top Go down

Post by JazmineB 17th December 2010, 11:15 pm

i jut came on here to ask the exact same question! how long do you think you will go without rewashing it?
JazmineB
JazmineB

Back to top Go down

Post by blkbeauty2010 17th December 2010, 11:38 pm

bump
blkbeauty2010
blkbeauty2010

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsJones 18th December 2010, 8:23 pm

I would suggest ORS moisturizing hair lotion. Its water based, but very thick and creamy. It works great for me during my transition, and also when I was relaxing.
MrsJones
MrsJones

Back to top Go down

Post by moonchild 19th December 2010, 11:32 am

I pushed it too long--over a week--and my hair was not happy. But that happens if my hair is curly and I moisturize with water or water basedproducts... I like the results of the vitamin e-jojoba-coconut combo. Am going to try it on my curls this week.

moonchild

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down