CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IntelligentBeauty;-) PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-)

+56
CocoEuro
priceless
QuietButterfly
krazy coils
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
LadyMika
.:Eden:.
AfrikanLatina
missmoriah
tiffyd
Serenity23
Nikcoils
ktoliver5303
NaturalNixon
CrissyQ
Winnielours
Corygentri
StephanieB
truet
lovesunshine17
neethair
newcurlieque
NhappyJackie
LaToya28
DvaAuNaturel
Juices-n-Berries
MellowOne
swoodward
Muz
mstokes2008
FemmeFox
mochamoments
Mz. Thang
dajewel
poeticlyspkng
Courtney
traveljunkie08
TMS
jamaicacurl
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
CocaColaCutie
MsJay1121
Lynnieluve
KinkyNappyHappy
bholmes87
jcanalena79
ChrsLvsBks
SheeTacular
KeishaMac
curly+kinky+fierce
sweetdrk1
tiashaunteé
BlondeByDesire
MahoganyCurls
Intelligentbeauty
NubieNatty
60 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 4 Empty Re: IntelligentBeauty;-) PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-)

Post by MahoganyCurls 19th March 2010, 10:39 am

Intelligentbeauty wrote:Yeah, I will try the shingling next week Monday or Tuesday. Have you shingled before?

Yes! And It doesnt work on my hair! LOL! I cant shingle mine..See it for yourself: IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 4 Icon_biggrin IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 4 Icon_eek IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 4 Icon_mad

MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 4 Empty Re: IntelligentBeauty;-) PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-)

Post by MahoganyCurls 19th March 2010, 10:40 am

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Just a note IB, Giovanni's Direct Leave In is not thick enough for me. The 50-50 is very thick, creamy and moisturizing.

I look forward to seeing your WnGs throughout the challenge. Come on winner winner chicken dinner.

Hey Chrs!

I want to try the 50-50 is it moisturizing or is it a combo of moisturizing and strengthning, and does it have any silicones? I really want to try it out when i get home.
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 19th March 2010, 11:04 am

I agree IB, we all have to try new things and find what works for us. You know your hair better than we do. I want to try shingling too, but it seems like a long process. This may be the answer to your problems with elongation and more defined individual curls. Good luck with that! I look forward to touching bases with you on Monday.

Enjoy your weekend get-a-way.

Have a great Friday.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 19th March 2010, 12:06 pm

IB- have you thought about trying KCCC and KCKT? You may can shingle that in to get the definition you want.
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by KeishaMac 19th March 2010, 6:36 pm

Hi IB, I was checking in to see what was going on with the styling. I def. think that MC is right with trying less products than more. I found it turned out better when I used just good ol' condish. But I also think that you could try shingling or Teri's method from tightlycurly, but both of those are time consuming.

Your hair looked pretty good to me in the pics from the other day. I understand about the freaking out about the white residue...I think MC gave great tips to combat against that. Also, although Kinky Curly is just one product line, a lot of women swear by it (including Jamaicanmecurly, did you see her curls poppin?). I'm just scared it will get too popular and change it's formula like other product lines have done in the past and I will end up disappointed.

Anyway, I hope you have a great vacay and I can't wait to see your other results. Get some rest and we will see you back here on Monday!
KeishaMac
KeishaMac

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 19th March 2010, 10:48 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Just a note IB, Giovanni's Direct Leave In is not thick enough for me. The 50-50 is very thick, creamy and moisturizing.

I look forward to seeing your WnGs throughout the challenge. Come on winner winner chicken dinner.

Thank you for that tip Chrs. I will defintely keep this in mind.

BTW, your avi is so pretty
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 19th March 2010, 10:52 pm

MahoganyCurls wrote:

Hey Chrs!

I want to try the 50-50 is it moisturizing or is it a combo of moisturizing and strengthning, and does it have any silicones? I really want to try it out when i get home.

MC, there products have no cones.
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 19th March 2010, 10:55 pm

BlondeByDesire wrote:I agree IB, we all have to try new things and find what works for us. You know your hair better than we do. I want to try shingling too, but it seems like a long process. This may be the answer to your problems with elongation and more defined individual curls. Good luck with that! I look forward to touching bases with you on Monday.

Enjoy your weekend get-a-way.

Have a great Friday.

Thank you BBD. I will try that method on Monday or Tuesday. This is so much fun. I must admit. I love playing in my hair...hehehe
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 19th March 2010, 10:58 pm

MahoganyCurls wrote:IB- have you thought about trying KCCC and KCKT? You may can shingle that in to get the definition you want.

I have thought about it. No ready to spend 30 on one product yet. Will like to try flaxseed gel first
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 19th March 2010, 11:01 pm

KeishaMac wrote:Hi IB, I was checking in to see what was going on with the styling. I def. think that MC is right with trying less products than more. I found it turned out better when I used just good ol' condish. But I also think that you could try shingling or Teri's method from tightlycurly, but both of those are time consuming.

Your hair looked pretty good to me in the pics from the other day. I understand about the freaking out about the white residue...I think MC gave great tips to combat against that. Also, although Kinky Curly is just one product line, a lot of women swear by it (including Jamaicanmecurly, did you see her curls poppin?). I'm just scared it will get too popular and change it's formula like other product lines have done in the past and I will end up disappointed.

Anyway, I hope you have a great vacay and I can't wait to see your other results. Get some rest and we will see you back here on Monday!

Thank you KMac. Yes I think shingling may be the way to go really just because of my crown and front. It is just too loose.....lol
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 19th March 2010, 11:09 pm

GOod evening dolls:
So I am writing this using my blackberry so bear with me. I am missing everyone posts because the phone isn't signaling me. Grrrr

Nayway, I am so happy today. My hair came out so nice using the modified and second modified method of accordin system. I soaked my hair in water then applied my leave in Suave coconut condish as MC advised. But at the end I added mousse, Finesse extra moisturizing mousse. No alcohol, no cones, however it did have silk proteins. So I was kind of afraid to use because of my sensitivity. But guess what, my hair was soft, and had shine. So it seems these proteins are ok for me. I loved it. And I notice the curls I played with and styled looks the best. So I think shingling will definitely work for me. Oh yeah, I raked in the mousse then scrunched then ran under the cool water for 5 seconds. I love it. Still room for improvement but improvement I do see. Can't wait to show you gals pics.
Have a great weekend dolls!!!!
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 19th March 2010, 11:16 pm

Intelligentbeauty wrote:GOod evening dolls:
So I am writing this using my blackberry so bear with me. I am missing everyone posts because the phone isn't signaling me. Grrrr

Nayway, I am so happy today. My hair came out so nice using the modified and second modified method of accordin system. I soaked my hair in water then applied my leave in Suave coconut condish as MC advised. But at the end I added mousse, Finesse extra moisturizing mousse. No alcohol, no cones, however it did have silk proteins. So I was kind of afraid to use because of my sensitivity. But guess what, my hair was soft, and had shine. So it seems these proteins are ok for me. I loved it. And I notice the curls I played with and styled looks the best. So I think shingling will definitely work for me. Oh yeah, I raked in the mousse then scrunched then ran under the cool water for 5 seconds. I love it. Still room for improvement but improvement I do see. Can't wait to show you gals pics.
Have a great weekend dolls!!!!
IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 4 Icon_bounce IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 4 Icon_cheers IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 4 678474
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 19th March 2010, 11:18 pm

ooooo I wanna see, I am happy it working for you!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 20th March 2010, 12:09 pm

I love that you are not giving up. I cant wait to see the pics.

Enjoy your weekend!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 20th March 2010, 10:57 pm

Hi IB,

I'm just catching up with last night's/today's posts. I'm glad it's working for you. Can't wait to see pics.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 21st March 2010, 11:49 pm

Hey,

just checking in to see how you were doing. Stop by my thread so you can really see BBD's hair! LOVE it and her!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 21st March 2010, 11:57 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:Hey,

just checking in to see how you were doing. Stop by my thread so you can really see BBD's hair! LOVE it and her!!

Thanks Sweet heading over there now
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 22nd March 2010, 12:26 am

man i need to get the original accordian method down packed now before i can modify it wit mousse!! i gotta play catch up.
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 22nd March 2010, 5:28 am

"Whoever acknowledges me before men, I will also acknowledge him before my Father in heaven."
MATT 10:32

Good Monday morning:

So I had an eventful weekend with my hair and reactions from people. I will tell you what I did with my hair and then entertain you with the comments that were made to me.

FRIDAY'S HAIR:
So the Thursday night, I prepooed with the new indian oil. Then on Friday am, I tried the modified accordin method again and scrunched Finesse moisturizing mousse as my styler. Hair came out better but crunchy; however, it was crunchy with Jessicurls Rockin ringlets too. My crown blended a little better with the rest of my hair. I pushed back the sides and clipped. At night, I prepooed again but with grapeseed oil.
COMMENTS FROM MY IN LAWS:
My mother in law who is natural said I look different and younger, but said she didn't like the fact that it was so short. She said I needed to stretch the curls. My father in law, who has soft/silky texture hair, said "At least your hair is not too nappy." OK IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 4 Icon_scratch

SATURDAY'S HAIR:
I did the accordin method again but this time raked in the mousse then scrunched the front and crown. I was pleased by the way my 2 curl patterns blended even better.
I finally went to see my dear friend who has been a successful 4a natural for 6 yrs, KINKYKURLYKLASSIC. She also has a background in hair care. She confirmed my loose 3c spiral pattern in the front and crown, and my tight 4a spirals in the sides and back. She was fasinated the way the 2 coexisted with such a sharp difference between the 2 patterns (you can clearly see where the loose curls end and the tight curls begin). She also confirmed that my hair is super health and I am doing too much to style. I just need the right products to handle both patterns and get them to blend. She washed my hair with Giovanni shampoo then conditioned with Giovanni smooth as silk then applied Giovanni leave in direct. Lastly she applied Smooth N Shine curl activator. She just put it in all over the hair, no real method. The whole process took about 10 mins....... IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 4 Icon_lol . My curls as they dried was shiny, curly, and most importantly blended. I was shocked IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 4 Icon_eek . I kept looking in the mirror because I couldn't believe this $3.50 product could do that.... IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 4 Icon_lol . For once I was happy and so was my DH. He said to her, now get the rest of her hair to look like her front and crown..... IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 4 Icon_rolleyes . He is such a mess.
She explained that I have major shrinkage at the back because my hair is shoulder length stretched but one will never know it. And actually the back is longer than my hanging front IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 4 Icon_lol . (Hey I am still God's creation IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 4 Icon_lol ) She said I would have to stick with rod sets and twist outs if I wanted to see length until it grows out. But once it does, I will be able to have wash n gos that don't look so tight. She also suggested I change my color to a lighter curl. She said this will enhance the look of the curls and make them stand out more. (I actually think my husband will like this idea.)
Personally, I don't mind the tightness. I have had long hair for yrs, so I embrace the change. My DH on the other hand, wants to see hair. IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 4 Icon_queen

Once my hair dried, it was soft, curly, blended and big. I loved it. She instucted me to wear my bonnet to bed and when I wake up just spritz and more hair around.

COMMNENTS FROM OLD FRIENDS:
"Hey Buckwheat" "I want to pass a hot hot comb thru your hair," "you look like you are really 12"----from the same wacky husband's OLD friend,"you look younger," "brings out your eyes and skin"

SUNDAY HAIR:
I followed my dear friend's directions and the hair was still blended and cute (2nd day hair). I applied some Jane Carter's nourish and Shine to my edges and put on my cute headband. For once since I BC, I feel my hair looks blended and very pretty.

COMMENTS:
My DH and his family said it looked much better. My family liked it. Comments at church: "Did you go to the salon to get it curled," "You never needed a perm, you have good hair," "Why did you cut your hair, oh you want to be like everybody else" IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 4 Icon_scratch "My husband gave me the license to cut my hair too, girl, I am so excited" "Your hair looks nice and your skin is radiant," "I love your hair"

So today after work, I am going to Rite aid for the buy 1, get one free sale of the Giovanni products and I also have a $3 coupon. I will also be looking for that smooth n shine gel (old formula). I also have Darcy's botanicial gel coming in the mail from a product swap. I will be work on creating my own flaxseed gel later on in the week, because well.....I just have too IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 4 Icon_lol .

PICS WILL FOLLOW LATER IN THE AFTERNOON.
HAVE A MARVELOUS DAY DOLLS!!!!!!
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 22nd March 2010, 8:59 am

Yay! I am so happy that you found a product that you love without all the work! That is AWESOME! Ppl are a trip, I am sure your hair looks beautiful and Kudos to your friend as well! There is nothing like great friends!

I am sooooooooooooooo excited to see your pictures!!!! IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 4 Icon_cheers IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 4 879602 IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 4 678474
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 22nd March 2010, 9:36 am

Good Morning,

I'm glad your friend was able to help you out with selecting products that work for you. It sounds like you have found a winning combination that gives you what you are looking for. Also it's a major plus that your DH is liking it was well.

Pay the others no attention with the negativity.

I look forward to your pics.

I'll check back in later.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 22nd March 2010, 11:03 am

cheers I love when the inexpensive products work. I'm still learning to work with my 3 different curls patterns, it is truly a learning process.

As for that buckwheat comment Mad
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c) 22nd March 2010, 11:22 am

Hey Girl....I havent been following these threads but I saw ur pic and just have to tell u that U R JUST GLOWING IN UR PICS!!!!!
U look like a completely different woman!!!! I love ur natural hair 2 death!!!! Like the old song said...."dont change don't change" that is ur look! Ur gorgeous! And I am very inspired! I love you
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 22nd March 2010, 11:33 am

I'm happy your hair turned out great. I cant wait to see the pics.

Where you scared when she used the Smooth As Silk? It has protein in it. Sounds like you may not be as sensitive to proteins as you were when you were still transitioning. I use proteins but I have to make sure I wash them out.

When you describe your hair, it sounds so similar to mine...Loose curls in the top and tight curls around the sides and back. You can see where the loose curls start and the tight curls start.

I hope you are able to find the smooth and shine gel (old formula)!!!

Now for the negative comments... IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 4 Icon_evil I still dont understand why people feel they can make rude comments.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 22nd March 2010, 3:57 pm

Hey IB! I'm glad things are getting better with your WnG!!! Looks great from the pics I saw. It's definitely a trial and error thing. AndI have also found over time that less is more for my WnG.

I am just about caught up on your thread (whew!) but I was looking for MC's accordian technique at the same time but didn't see it. Would you mind sending it to me in a PM please? I'd like to check it out. Smile

Thanks curly!
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

http://www.MishMashbyMarsha.artfire.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next