CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IntelligentBeauty;-) PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-)

+56
CocoEuro
priceless
QuietButterfly
krazy coils
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
LadyMika
.:Eden:.
AfrikanLatina
missmoriah
tiffyd
Serenity23
Nikcoils
ktoliver5303
NaturalNixon
CrissyQ
Winnielours
Corygentri
StephanieB
truet
lovesunshine17
neethair
newcurlieque
NhappyJackie
LaToya28
DvaAuNaturel
Juices-n-Berries
MellowOne
swoodward
Muz
mstokes2008
FemmeFox
mochamoments
Mz. Thang
dajewel
poeticlyspkng
Courtney
traveljunkie08
TMS
jamaicacurl
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
CocaColaCutie
MsJay1121
Lynnieluve
KinkyNappyHappy
bholmes87
jcanalena79
ChrsLvsBks
SheeTacular
KeishaMac
curly+kinky+fierce
sweetdrk1
tiashaunteƩ
BlondeByDesire
MahoganyCurls
Intelligentbeauty
NubieNatty
60 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 22 Empty Re: IntelligentBeauty;-) PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-)

Post by Intelligentbeauty 16th April 2010, 7:42 am

Rend your heart and not your garments. Return to the LORD your God, for he is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in love, and he relents from sending calamity.
JOEL 2:13

Good morning:

No new news on the hair today. I have decided to join the twist challenge because you are twisted for 5 days and out for 2 days. That seems to be my routine anyway. So this should be fun and interesting Laughing .

I was so proud of my 3 yr old son this past weekend.

My mother in law has been natural for many years. However, since last year she has been taking better care of her hair because of my influence. Everything I learned, I was telling her and showing her, and we would go hair product shopping together. But she likes to hide her hair under wigs in the winter. Her hair was out last weekend and it looked fabulous.

Back to my son. He saw his grandmother and said "wow grandma, I love your hair" Just when I thought he didn't notice or didn't like natural hair he said that. I was so happy because that tells me he is able to recognize the beauty in natural hair. Yes, my son has told me that he loved my hair before. But I am his mother, ya know. So I felt so good that he was able to appreciate natural black hair (which is a big part of the reason why I went natural) YAYYYYY woot!

HAVE A FLY FRIDAY DOLLS!!!!!! AND A GREAT WEEKEND!!!!!
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 22 Empty Re: IntelligentBeauty;-) PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-)

Post by BlondeByDesire 16th April 2010, 7:55 am

Morning IB,

Good for the young who at an early age recognize beauty.

The challenge should be interesting.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 16th April 2010, 8:31 am

Good Morning BBD,

I AGREE. I SO AGREE!!! Very Happy
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 16th April 2010, 9:35 am

Yay for your son seeing the beauty in natural black hair. I know it made your heart feel glad IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 22 Icon_biggrin .
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KeishaMac 16th April 2010, 12:11 pm

Awww, that's beautiful IB! I am glad that he can recognize beauty at an early age. IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 22 Icon_biggrin
KeishaMac
KeishaMac

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 16th April 2010, 12:20 pm

Good morning IB. It's wonderful that your son recognizes the beauty of natural hair! I never even thought of the impact my natural hair would have on my son...I hope he's paying attention! Have a great day!

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 16th April 2010, 1:03 pm

I love when children say thing we don't expect them to say that are positive.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 17th April 2010, 12:27 am

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Yay for your son seeing the beauty in natural black hair. I know it made your heart feel glad IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 22 Icon_biggrin .

Yes it did.

KeishaMac wrote:Awww, that's beautiful IB! I am glad that he can recognize beauty at an early age. IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 22 Icon_biggrin

Yes me too.

LaToya28 wrote:Good morning IB. It's wonderful that your son recognizes the beauty of natural hair! I never even thought of the impact my natural hair would have on my son...I hope he's paying attention! Have a great day!

Oh he is LaToya. He is.

npmoore04 wrote:I love when children say thing we don't expect them to say that are positive.

Yes me too
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 17th April 2010, 7:42 am

GOOD SATURDAY MORN:

This is a bonus post Razz because I don't usually post on saturday....lol.

Nothing new with my hair. I was tempted to unravel yesterday but didn't because I did not want to manipulate again for sunday. So today I will spray twists with aloe/horsetail mix and add some condish to it to kick up the moisture. I will also oil the scalp with whipped shea oil mix. I am anxious to see how my hair will look after all these days of no manipulation....hummm.

Well, I have came to the conclusion that it may be time to...............................
NAME MY HAIR lol! .
I am not in a rush for a name and I wonder if I should wait a little longer to get more of a feel for my hair. But you ladies have seen my hair and I value your opinions, so what do you suggest?

HAVE A TERRIFIC WEEKEND DOLLS!!!! sunny
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 19th April 2010, 9:48 am

Morning IB,

So how did you hair do after no manipulation all week?
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteĆ© 19th April 2010, 10:39 am

Yay naming time! I am putting on my thinking cap....
tiashaunteƩ
tiashaunteƩ

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 22 Empty DOUBLE STRAND FLAT TWISTS AFTER NO MANIPULATION FOR 5 DAYS

Post by Intelligentbeauty 19th April 2010, 11:12 am

"Blessed are the poor in spirit,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
4Blessed are those who mourn,
for they will be comforted.
5Blessed are the meek,
for they will inherit the earth.
6Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
for they will be filled.
7Blessed are the merciful,
for they will be shown mercy.
8Blessed are the pure in heart,
for they will see God.
9Blessed are the peacemakers,
for they will be called sons of God.
10Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

11"Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. 12Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.
MATTHEW 5:3-12-----THE BEATITUDES

GOOD MONDAY MORNING:

Thanks TIA for taking on the challenge of helping me find a name for my hair...... IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 22 Icon_lol .

To answer you question, BBD. It was great.

Saturday, I continued to wear my hair in the double strand flat twist making it the 5th day of no manipulation. But Sunday, I put a little whipped shea butter mix and sprayed some aloe/horsetail/condish mix in my hands, rubbed together and unraveled. OMGoodness, I loved it. It was soft, defined, bouncy. I missed my hair so much, so I was happy to see it out again IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 22 Icon_lol .
HERE ARE SUNDAY'S PIC:
IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 22 Flat_t57IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 22 Flat_t58

IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 22 Flat_t59
IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 22 Flat_t60
IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 22 Flat_t61

I tried to maintain by putting on a satin cap last night. So this morning I took off the satin cap and went into the shower and the steam kind of worked out my sleep hair. So here is my hair no manipulated into a style yet. I will style it later with a headband when I go out and fluff it a bit more.
IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 22 Flat_t62

HAVE A MARVELOUS MONDAY DOLLS!!!!
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 19th April 2010, 11:25 am

Very pretty!! Love the headband!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 19th April 2010, 12:20 pm

Hi IB, if my twist would stay straight I would do the challenge with you guys! Your hair looks FAB!!! I love it. How are you doing with the naming process?
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteĆ© 19th April 2010, 12:23 pm

That head band is too cute! I can tell in the pics that your hair has some softness to it
tiashaunteƩ
tiashaunteƩ

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 19th April 2010, 12:28 pm

Morning IB!

Your hair turned out beautifully!! I'm loving that head band as well!!

Wishing you good luck on naming your hair!!! I'm not real good with that...but I'm sure you will find something that will fit!!

Have a blessed day!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 19th April 2010, 12:34 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:Very pretty!! Love the headband!
ITA, don't you love steam. Are you planning on getting a steamer? I am considering the Huetiful (sp?) one. Do you still use the steamer/sauna at your gym? What have your results been?
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jcanalena79 19th April 2010, 12:54 pm

Are my eyes deceiving me or are you getting ............ HANG TIME??!!!! dance lol! And it seems that with hang time, your curls are getting even more defined!! Beautiful!! flower
jcanalena79
jcanalena79

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 19th April 2010, 2:50 pm

Thanks Lynn. HEADBAND 99 CENTS..... I LOVE IT!!

sweetdrk1 wrote:Hi IB, if my twist would stay straight I would do the challenge with you guys! Your hair looks FAB!!! I love it. How are you doing with the naming process?

Thanks Sweet. Well you know practice makes perfect with those twists. I haven't come up with a name yet. But I feel my natural hair gives me all these different looks. I could look cute or edgy. I don't know IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 22 Icon_rolleyes

tiashauntee wrote:That head band is too cute! I can tell in the pics that your hair has some softness to it

Thanks Tia. HEADBAND 99 CENTS.....LOL. My hair was so light and fluffy and soft. I just loved it.

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Morning IB!

Your hair turned out beautifully!! I'm loving that head band as well!!

Wishing you good luck on naming your hair!!! I'm not real good with that...but I'm sure you will find something that will fit!!

Have a blessed day!!

KNH

Thank you KNH. I need to head over to your thread after this because you have a head of curls that I must see IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 22 Icon_eek now that those braids are out ....... IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 22 Icon_lol

ChrsLvsBks wrote:
ITA, don't you love steam. Are you planning on getting a steamer? I am considering the Huetiful (sp?) one. Do you still use the steamer/sauna at your gym? What have your results been?

Yes I was surprised the steam did that in the last pic. I didn't do anything to it. NO product, NO manipulation. It was awesome.... IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 22 Icon_lol . I use the steamer at the gym, but I haven't lately I may do it this week after my treatment. I don't think I will invest in one though. Just use the gym's... IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 22 Icon_lol

jcanalena79 wrote:Are my eyes deceiving me or are you getting ............ HANG TIME??!!!! dance lol! And it seems that with hang time, your curls are getting even more defined!! Beautiful!! flower

Thanks Jc. As time goes on I am seeing growth and length seems to be maintained. Also the definition is really setting in now. Could be due to growth or moisture level. But whatever it is, I LOVE IT IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 22 Icon_lol
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 19th April 2010, 2:53 pm

The flat twist out results look amazing! And it's awesome to hear that about your son. See, we are changing the future one twist out at a time. IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 22 Herz
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 19th April 2010, 3:36 pm

Juices-n-Berries wrote:The flat twist out results look amazing! And it's awesome to hear that about your son. See, we are changing the future one twist out at a time. IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 22 Herz

AMEN!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 19th April 2010, 4:01 pm

Your hair looks Marvelous! I love a great deal on a cute headband. IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 22 678474
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 19th April 2010, 8:50 pm

Juices-n-Berries wrote:The flat twist out results look amazing! And it's awesome to hear that about your son. See, we are changing the future one twist out at a time. IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 22 Herz

Thank you JnJ. Yes he will not have to be deprogrammed like my DH....... IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 22 Icon_lol

CocaColaCutie wrote:

AMEN!

Thanks CCC.

npmoore04 wrote:Your hair looks Marvelous! I love a great deal on a cute headband. IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 22 678474

Thank you NP. IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 22 Icon_cheers
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 20th April 2010, 9:41 am

its looks soft n moisturized but u've already mastered moisturized naked hair. ur son is so cute, mason needs to take notes cuz he's only nice to me when he wants something IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 22 Icon_rolleyes . even my stepbro LOVES to compliment me n my hair!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 20th April 2010, 11:05 am

Good Morning IB,

Your twists turned out great. I love the headband too.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next