CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IntelligentBeauty;-) PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-)

+56
CocoEuro
priceless
QuietButterfly
krazy coils
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
LadyMika
.:Eden:.
AfrikanLatina
missmoriah
tiffyd
Serenity23
Nikcoils
ktoliver5303
NaturalNixon
CrissyQ
Winnielours
Corygentri
StephanieB
truet
lovesunshine17
neethair
newcurlieque
NhappyJackie
LaToya28
DvaAuNaturel
Juices-n-Berries
MellowOne
swoodward
Muz
mstokes2008
FemmeFox
mochamoments
Mz. Thang
dajewel
poeticlyspkng
Courtney
traveljunkie08
TMS
jamaicacurl
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
CocaColaCutie
MsJay1121
Lynnieluve
KinkyNappyHappy
bholmes87
jcanalena79
ChrsLvsBks
SheeTacular
KeishaMac
curly+kinky+fierce
sweetdrk1
tiashaunteƩ
BlondeByDesire
MahoganyCurls
Intelligentbeauty
NubieNatty
60 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 2 Empty Re: IntelligentBeauty;-) PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-)

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 17th March 2010, 12:50 pm

awww boo! and he shol will come around! IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 2 Icon_bounce
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 2 Empty Re: IntelligentBeauty;-) PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-)

Post by MahoganyCurls 17th March 2010, 1:19 pm

curly+kinky+fierce wrote:awww boo! and he shol will come around! IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 2 Icon_bounce

lo!Girl, where you been?
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by KeishaMac 17th March 2010, 2:42 pm

See why I have to read this thread everyday???? Y'all literally had me "Laughing Out Loud" reading the posts this morning!!! MC, I love your method and it was so descriptive that I think I will try it too! I was visualizing while reading (just like Nubie). Nubie, you are something else! We DO need to have a national meetup! (CN, are you reading this???)

IB, you will get the hang of it. I found that when I used less products (# of products), my hair turned out better. When I did my puff on Sat. and Sun., all I used was a little coconut oil and some condish and that was it. MC's method is right on. I found that when I added anything else, my hair went crazy.

And IB, I don't know what to tell you about husbands, because they are all the same. They are conditioned just like us (if not worse), to think that straight hair is the best and ONLY way to go. Most of the artists out now have weaves like crazy and they don't recognize that fact. All they see is straight hair, esp. when it's not long. My hubby has tried to trip every now and then, but you have to remind him that this moment is only temporary. I think that everyone doesn't mind the TWA stage, but I am like you...I had long hair all my life, so to go through what you have thus far is changing your mind too. Anyway, I'm rambling now.

Oh, thanks on the congrats. I am just trying to make it through now to hopefully get a job! LOL!

Have a great afternoon!
KeishaMac
KeishaMac

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 17th March 2010, 3:25 pm

MahoganyCurls wrote:IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 2 Lol Random though-

IB I so went off this morning in your thread! I am still cracking up about it!!!!! Lol!!!!

Yes, it was definitely all good MC. IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 17th March 2010, 3:25 pm

MahoganyCurls wrote:
curly+kinky+fierce wrote:awww boo! and he shol will come around! IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 2 Icon_bounce

lo!Girl, where you been?

DITTO THAT
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 17th March 2010, 3:27 pm

tiashauntee wrote:Tia's hubby advice:
To keep your man in check, you must lay the smack down on a regular basis. See demonstration:

IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 2 Wrestling2

LMBO IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 2 Icon_lol

sweetdrk1 wrote:IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 2 Mickey10 ok so I read every word I mean EVERY word and I have to redo my makeup from laughing. I swear I adore you ladies!! We have to plan a national meet up! Nubie...I will be by you and BBD this weekend. I will inbox my number if possible I would love to see you guys. IB we have to do lunch..we are too close to not do it!

Tia! hahahahahahaa YES!

Jess I swear I could hear you talking..I am cracking up over here. My clerks are looking at me like I am crazy! I love that you modified the technique just for IB!

come on sing it with me.."We are family, I got all my sistas with me!"

*walks away still lauging!*

I agree. You ladies are a trip......I love you all IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 2 Herz
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 17th March 2010, 3:33 pm

KeishaMac wrote:See why I have to read this thread everyday???? Y'all literally had me "Laughing Out Loud" reading the posts this morning!!! MC, I love your method and it was so descriptive that I think I will try it too! I was visualizing while reading (just like Nubie). Nubie, you are something else! We DO need to have a national meetup! (CN, are you reading this???)

IB, you will get the hang of it. I found that when I used less products (# of products), my hair turned out better. When I did my puff on Sat. and Sun., all I used was a little coconut oil and some condish and that was it. MC's method is right on. I found that when I added anything else, my hair went crazy.

And IB, I don't know what to tell you about husbands, because they are all the same. They are conditioned just like us (if not worse), to think that straight hair is the best and ONLY way to go. Most of the artists out now have weaves like crazy and they don't recognize that fact. All they see is straight hair, esp. when it's not long. My hubby has tried to trip every now and then, but you have to remind him that this moment is only temporary. I think that everyone doesn't mind the TWA stage, but I am like you...I had long hair all my life, so to go through what you have thus far is changing your mind too. Anyway, I'm rambling now.

Oh, thanks on the congrats. I am just trying to make it through now to hopefully get a job! LOL!

Have a great afternoon!

KMac, I agree a national meeting should definitely take place. It's like we have a curly sista hood up in here and I LOVE IT!!!

Yes I will be using less product this time around.
As far as my DH, I am not tripping. I am going to perfect this technique and rock it all summer long. So his eyes can be well adjusted to looking at these baby curls...... IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 2 Icon_lol

Girl, you are about to land your yourself a career, not a job. Sure enough....... IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 2 Icon_rr
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 17th March 2010, 3:34 pm

I love your tenacity. Try try try again. You ladies make me want to take out my twists and give it a try. I want more length tho because I have little ringlets of Os and crazy shrinkage.

I love the stories about the hubby's. I don't have a significant guy in my life but a supposed friend of mind asked me sunday so what you just took the lazy way out today huh. Man oh man he better be glad we were standing in the house of the Lord. Anywho.

I am so glad that all of you are here. I love you all!!

Smooches.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 2 Empty 2ND ATTEMPT TO WASH N GO

Post by Intelligentbeauty 17th March 2010, 3:59 pm

THANK YOU SO MUCH SHEE.
WE HAVE CONCLUDED THIS MORNING THAT GUYS SAY THE DUMBEST THINGS AND THEREFORE SHOULD JUST BE IGNORED IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 2 Icon_lol

I AM SO GRATEFUL AND APPRECIATIVE FOR THIS COMMUNITY OF CURLIES ON THIS FORUM. YOU HAVE ALL INSPIRED, ENCOURAGED AND TRANSITIONED MY THINKING IN SOME WAY OR ANOTHER.
I LOVE YOU ALL ((HUGS))

HERE ARE MY PICS:

Of course, last night so this was done without the helpful tips from MC. I will try her tips tomorrow.

HAIR SOAKING WET WITH ALL PRODUCTS (SUAVE COCONUT CONDISH, JESSICURL ROCKIN RINGLETS POTION AND JESSICURL CONFIDENT COILS SOLN)
IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 2 Alma_t24

IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 2 Alma_t25

IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 2 Alma_t26

IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 2 Alma_t27

AFTER ABOUT 2 HOURS LATER
IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 2 2nd_wa10

HERE I REALIZED I USED WAY TO MUCH CONDISH ON THE SIDES AGAIN. IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 2 Kopfschuettel
IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 2 2nd_wa11

IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 2 2nd_wa12

AFTER ABOUT 4 HOURS. STILL WET BECAUSE I HAD TO RE WET TO GET THAT CONDISH OUT. IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 2 Kopfschuettel
IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 2 2nd_wa13

MY VERY LOOSE CURLY FRONT AND CROWN. THIS IS IT COMPLETELY DRY. MORE TAMED IN THE FRIZZ DEPARTMENT BUT STILL DRY LOOKING.
IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 2 2nd_wa14

YOU CAN CLEARLY SEE HERE 2 DIFFERENT CURL PATTERNS---VERY TIGHT AND VERY LOOSE, NO IN BETWEEN IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 2 Icon_lol WHAT HAIR TYPE AM I AGAIN? IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 2 Icon_lol
IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 2 2nd_wa15

IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 2 2nd_wa16

TONIGHT I AM GOING TO WORK ON THESE PERMED ENDS. THEY ARE REALLY MESSING WITH THE STYLE AND PROBABLY THE CURL. IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 2 Kopfschuettel
IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 2 2nd_wa18
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 17th March 2010, 4:21 pm

girl let them permed ends GO!! I cant wait to see ur results from your personalized method. i can see we are heavy handed w/condish, lol. and wit the new method that is a good thing!!

i have a slight case of ocd when it comes to products so i need to match em up, i cant use a kbb poo w/suave condish. i just dont feel right. which is actually funny cuz i JUST started matchin my bra's n panties at 29 yrs old. why do i even care more about matchin WITHOUT a man than when i had one is beyond me!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 17th March 2010, 4:29 pm

NubieNatty wrote:girl let them permed ends GO!! I cant wait to see ur results from your personalized method. i can see we are heavy handed w/condish, lol. and wit the new method that is a good thing!!

i have a slight case of ocd when it comes to products so i need to match em up, i cant use a kbb poo w/suave condish. i just dont feel right. which is actually funny cuz i JUST started matchin my bra's n panties at 29 yrs old. why do i even care more about matchin WITHOUT a man than when i had one is beyond me!
because it's for you primarily!! AND I too am eager to see IB's results when she does her personalized method.
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 17th March 2010, 4:35 pm

NubieNatty wrote:girl let them permed ends GO!! I cant wait to see ur results from your personalized method. i can see we are heavy handed w/condish, lol. and wit the new method that is a good thing!!

YOU ARE HILARIOUS WITH THE MATCHING BRA N PANTIES.

YES I AM HOPING THIS TIME IS THE CHARM, ESPECIALY SINCE I WILL BE CLARIFYING WITH THE BENTONITE CLAY FIRST. I AM EXPECTING STELLAR RESULTS, DARN IT!!!!! IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 2 Icon_lol
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 17th March 2010, 4:38 pm

Okay - IB

I can see where you did use too much conditioner and/or applied too many products. Also I see relaxed ends primarily in the top portion that need to be snipped off. Does this concern you because of the length aspect?

Also be mindful not to overmanipulate your hair. I try to style once a week and then just maintain that style.

I think the personalized method will come out much better.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 17th March 2010, 4:50 pm

Just read through the posts from the last few hours, thanks for the laughs ladies. Yes, men just don't know when to IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 2 Icon_silent <--shut their trap.

IB, I like Shee admire your perservance. You look beautiful!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 17th March 2010, 4:53 pm

Thanks Chrs

You are always so encouraging

Last edited by Intelligentbeauty on 17th March 2010, 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 17th March 2010, 4:58 pm

I was thinking what products does you hair absolutely love? Besides H20?
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by jcanalena79 17th March 2010, 5:11 pm

Finally had a break at work and read through the last through pages. The dialogue had been falling out, lol!!! I think I found my new internet home, sunny flower!!

IB, I agree w/the others that there seems to be some relaxed ends still present trying to mess w/ur curl. Also, I suspect (I could be wrong) that your hair may be similar to mine in that the crown is drier and denser than the rest of my hair, especially the ends. Every time scrunching as been attempted, I get a poof w/scraggly ends. I find that shingling (with my hands ... flattening hair between my hands in sections) works better for my WnG. I, too admire your perseverance w/ the accordion method and hope it does work out. If not, you could try shingling and see if that works out.
jcanalena79
jcanalena79

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 17th March 2010, 5:30 pm

Yeah I was gonna suggest shingling too ... but I know IB like me was trying to cut back on the time it takes to style. That might work in her favor too!
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 17th March 2010, 10:34 pm

Good grief I love you guys!!!!! I had the best time reading MC's story and everyone's responses! Just crackin up in the library
IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 2 Smiley-laughing025
I can just imagine you MC, being so angry with your husband cuz some of that stuff was IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 2 Bs_sign
I have nothing to say on the matter except that I loved it!! Guys and their stupid mouths ...
IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 2 Grumble LOL
And even though Jess modified the method for you IB, I totally copied the instructions so I can do it too!!! LOL I can't wait to see you try it again Smile
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 17th March 2010, 10:54 pm

I am cheering for you IB!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 18th March 2010, 7:41 am

sweetdrk1 wrote:I am cheering for you IB!!

I second that ^^^

Be Blessed.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 18th March 2010, 8:49 am

BBD, is ur hair white while it's drying? How do I get it to dry fast? I don't have a diffuser
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 18th March 2010, 8:58 am

That is too funny!!! I'm just glad I have a choice...there was a time I couldn't find colors because of my cup size. Now I can match my bras with my panties and I love it. I know this may sound crazy, but sometimes I will switch off and wear one color on top and another on the bottom...just cause I can. You know red on top; green at the bottom, or my favorite orange on top and brown at the bottom!!!

The things we do just for us!!!! I love being a woman!!! Idea
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 18th March 2010, 8:59 am

Intelligentbeauty wrote:BBD, is ur hair white while it's drying? How do I get it to dry fast? I don't have a diffuser

No mine wasn't white? Mine took a good while to dry too ... I would say a good 5 hours to fully dry. I don't have a diffuser either ...

Is the white not going away as it dries?

Last edited by BlondeByDesire on 18th March 2010, 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : left our a letter)
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 18th March 2010, 9:29 am

Intelligentbeauty wrote:BBD, is ur hair white while it's drying? How do I get it to dry fast? I don't have a diffuser

Sometimes the conditioner will foam when it is mixed with water. You can take a paper towel or old t-shirt and gently blot the wet areas to get rid of excess product.

But it usually disappear. Just gently take the paper towel and blot your hair using the same scrunching motion. Make sure you rotate it, so one side doesnt get sopping wet. HTH!
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next